[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who buys the Xbox One? Forum-dwelling nerds all love PC as of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1tb-xbox-one-box.jpg (373 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1tb-xbox-one-box.jpg
373 KB, 1600x1200
Who buys the Xbox One?

Forum-dwelling nerds all love PC as of this decade.

Normalfags and semi-normalfags and weebs get PS4

Chicks/kids/etc get a 3DS and/or play mobile games

Who's buying Xbox?
>>
White southerners. Some black people (most buy sony though). People who only care about western games but are too normie for PC
>>
>>318126406
>semi-normalfags

That's your audience right there. People who don't necessarily follow the status quo but still want to do something cool.

Also the MLG dudes play mostly on xbox.
>>
>>318127195
I heard the CoD pros (hahahahhahaahahha) switched to PS4 though
>>
idorts mainly. Everyone I know who has an Xbone including me, also had a Wii U, PS4, and/or PC
>>
File: 1448095998846.png (172 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
1448095998846.png
172 KB, 560x500
Halo and Gears fanboys who aren't able to move on from their dead and raped series
>>
>>318127612
What the fuck is the point of that?
I could understand having the Wii U, the PC, and maybe either a PS4 or a Xbone, but why PC and PS4 and Xbone when there's so much overlap and so little exclusives?
>>
>>318126527
>People who only care about western games but are too normie for PC

bigno
>>
>>318127940
But those people moved to PS4 as well didn't they?
>>
Achievement whores.
>>
>>318127743
Gears isn't raped anon since the standard is just Gears 1 again because of the ultimate edition.
>>
>>318127761
Probably just for Halo or whatever else the xb1 has.
>>
>>318127976
Some, but plenty of them stuck to Xbox out of brand loyalty or being stuck on halo/gears

Xbone may be losing but that doesn't mean no one's buying it. It's already outsold the Wii U and most estimates are that around 15 million have been sold, not counting the current black friday rush. And if we're only counting America then the split is only like 60/40.

Losing to its main competitor =/= literally no one is buying it. People are buying it and those people are typically Americans (as others noted, usually rural/southern whites who culturally prefer to buy American products) who like Halo/Gears/XL, don't care about japanese games and aren't interested in building their own PC.
>>
>>318126406
>>318126527
What does that those of us who bought the meme $150 controller but doesn't even own a single console?
>>
>>318127428
They did, and likely a good chunk of the community came with. PS4 is the best selling console by far and it's only natural for CoD kiddies to jump to what's popular. DLC on PS4 first just seals the deal.
>>
>>318128374
What the fuck did you just say
>>
>>318128374
Oh the retarded?
>>
>>318127761
Because video games are fun
>>
>>318128502
>What the fuck did you just say
I think he means people who bought a bone controller for PC but don't own a bone.
>>
>>318128659
To further expand on that, people who bought the elite controller thats like 150 dorrars but don't own an xbone
>>
File: 1446443297794.jpg (252 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446443297794.jpg
252 KB, 1200x1200
I like Killer Instinct, Rare Games, Forza, and Halo.

It's the only console with Killer Instinct, Rare Games, Forza, and Halo.
>>
>>318128595
>>318128502
I unironically bought it to Nep on the PeeSee.
>>
Only Murrika and in less degree Mexico. Literally only these two.
>>
File: 1411569094794.gif (4 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
1411569094794.gif
4 MB, 350x196
>>318126406
>Already have a PS4 and Wii U
>Get XBone + Womb Raiders + extra controller from Best Buy because I had money to burn
>Took me why longer than it should have to find where to put in the codes for Womb Raiders
>Put in Metro Redux
>Nothing happens
>Trying to find where to run the game
>Nothing
>Finally find where my games are
>Downloading Womb Raiders
>Where the fuck is Metro
>Take out the game
>Put it back in
>Wait a while
>Finally pops up an update
Who thought it would be smart to make zero notifications that it's installing or doing anything?
Why is the UI such a clusterfuck compared to the Blade style the 360 had?
This console blows chunks.
>>
>>318129062
>finally find where your games are.

Nigger they're right fuckin there.
>>
>>318128876
I have an Xbox One, I had a PS4 but traded it in because the Xbox is a better console for me.

That's.... that's how it works guys. You pick the better console for you.

How is that hard to comprehend, and why do people insist on twisting it in to some kind of fucking battle? Like, how do people actually give a fuck about this? You're absolutely pathetic if you take sides in an imaginary war between two corporations that don't give a fuck about you at all. Just do what makes you happy.

This place is worse than neogaf and you're all cringeworthy excuses for humans.

Jesus tapdancing Christ
>>
>>318126406

Men mostly. The franchises that are popular don't bring in many new people. The same people who bought halo and gears 10 years ago are the same people buying it today. Also men generally have families. The xbox is a good media center. PS4 has taken off hugely with kids and teenagers (example: /v/) Kids generally define themselves through their purchases. When you're that young you want to be on the "in" so it stands to reason PS4 resonates with that age group (10-18). And the WiiU oh man. I love the big N but god how I wish they would become a third party developer. Mario and Zelda with HD graphics and sound. Be still my beating heart.
>>
>>318129131
On the Home screen, it shows what you last had opened first
You have to go all the way down to My games & Apps just to find where your games are. I was thinking it was like on the PS4 where it just shows you more community shit
>>
>>318129131
not him but no.
i bought mine yesterday and downloaded forza horizon and could find the shit.
later i found it out but damn the 360hud was way more better.
>>
I used to enjoy Halo but 4 shit all over me, so never again.
Gears is the only other exclusive I'd consider.
Maybe Scalebound, but there's no info about it.
Xbone just blows.
>>
>>318129062

I will admit that the place you redeem a code is hidden in a super inconvenient place. The system was designed for you to be able to just say: "xbox use a code", and require no manual entry. However you sir are a big dumb faggot. Whatever game you have in the tray appears as a gigantic obvious window on the home screen. Its literally impossible to miss.
>>
>>318129784
I'm saying it wasn't there at all. Nor did it give any notification for a while that it was doing anything at all
>>
>>318129062

I'm mainly stick to xbox or pc. I had the exact opposite experience. I picked up a PS4 to play the Last of Us and Bloodbourne. The PS4 dashboard is an abomination. Everything about the PS3/PSP dashboard has been eradicated. The simple and pleasing design, the tactile click of the icons, the ability to customize and actually be able to see your background. All of it is gone.
>>
>>318126406
Pretty much just halofags and gearsfags.
>>
>>318128031
I thought Gears got completely dropped by it's original developer and passed off to a company that had a single shitty f2p game under it's belt.

Sounds pretty raped to me.
>>
File: fatlus.png (117 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
fatlus.png
117 KB, 800x582
>>318127743
>weeb
>being bad at halo and gears
what a surprise
>>
>>318131672
I don't think it's possible to be bad at a fps with sticky aim.
>>
I genuinely like the Xbox. Killer Instinct is great, Halo 5 is great, Crackdown looks great and Phantom Dust was one of my favourite games so I'm thrilled that it's getting rebooted
>>
>>318129652
yeah, it's fucking trash on the xbone

It took me ages to find where to activate Gold and I still don't know where to find all my games. They should bring back blades
>>
the 500 GB 299 one with a 60 dollar gift card at target sold out so I have yet to find a good sale for one.

trust me, if there was a good sale for one that keeps me under 300 I would buy one
>>
I would have gotten a ps4 but all my friends were on xbone and I was looking forward to a couple games
>>
The Xbone appeals to semi-informed consumers who know to avoid the PS4 but who aren't informed enough to get a PC
>>
>>318132131
>Phantom Dust was one of my favourite games so I'm thrilled that it's getting rebooted

Why must there always someone who brings this up? Do you really not know that it was canceled?
>>
>>318132864
Wasn't it just put on hiatus?
>>
I'm an Xbone fag.

People are right when they said it's just people who don't give a shit about japanese games and can't be fucked making a PC.. (although i have a PC as well)

I picked the Xbone for two reasons, I like the controller better and Halo. The Master Chief collection is one of the only worthwhile split screen FPS games left...

My flatmate has a Wii u and a PS4 and it's so similar to the Xbone... all the different stuff is on Wii U. Way more inclined to wait and see the NX or whatever it's called now.
>>
>>318126406

I got one. I didn't reeeeally want it. But one of my best friends always plays on his and I wanted someone I knew IRL to play with.

I picked mine up for $470 with the best but deal that also came with a 40" Samsung HDTV (I was moving and really wanted a new TV for my bedroom at the time) so I effectively payed like $50 for the xbox because the TV was originally $430.

I like it though. I want the elite controller for xbox and PC because I think it's slick. Only exclusives I'm really interested are ReCore, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and Scalebound. I think it's underrated. It works great as a multimedia hookup to the TV honestly. I like the OS for entertainment.

Really looking forward to the NX though. If you're eying the Xbox One I would say wait for more games, but it does what it does pretty well. If you can find a good deal I think it's worth it, but again, I mainly bought it to play with a buddy.
>>
>>318133697
Also samefag here, I have and use my Vita way more than anyone else on the planet... fucking best handheld ever apart from the shit library. So really not biased against sony I just thought Xbox was the better choice even though I was splitting hairs. I'll get a PS4 one day (when my flatmate fucks off and I can't just play his)
>>
I own an xbone, a medium-high end PC & a 3ds

It's alright.
>>
Gamers
>>
>>318126406
People who likes games like Halo and Forza? Also KI.
I bet you bought a PS4 OP , that piece of shit with 0 good games out. Oh i forgot Bloodborne , 1 good game out.
>Inb4 ebbin list
yes , 2016-2017 tittles mate not 2015 ones.
>>
>>318126406
Someone who likes voice control. Someone who likes certain third party games that run better on the Xbox one. Someone who likes the Xbox controller better.
>>
>>318128383
>dlc first on ps4

Such a lame practice. It's so stupid.
>>
>>318126406

Why do you care so much about what other people spend their money on? Particularly when whatever gaming device you buy, that parent company doesn't give a shit about you any more or less than the other companies.

Now fuck off and die you shitposting cum sponge.
>>
>>318134115

What games run better? Thinking of getting next gen console and all I have ever heard how PS4 blows Xbox out of the water every time.
>>
>>318135695
The trend is usually PS4 running 1080p while Xbone is 900p or even 720p.

If you're playing on a TV in a living room sitting several feet away you will probably not notice a difference. Honestly it's never been closer but people are more fixated on the minute differences than ever. I have no idea how these kids and fat redditors would have survived the multiplat differences of the PS2/GCN/XB era.
>>
>>318126406
amerifats
>>
>>318126406
Segadrones and other losers who can't let go, like rscottyg.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.