[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First day playing Elite Dangerous, got killed three thousand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-11-27_00003.jpg (101 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00003.jpg
101 KB, 1600x900
First day playing Elite Dangerous, got killed three thousand times, got 30,000 credits. Still in a shitty Sidewinder. I love this game.

CMDR Flux Chord reporting in. What were your first days like on this game?
>>
A lot of warping back and forth to stations.
>>
>>318123787
> hyperjump to star
> look away for a moment
> fly into sun
> die
> lose 50k dollar slaves
Good game.
>>
>>318123787
Got it 2 days ago, mostly struggling with supercruise/hyperdrive, occasionally dying to pirates or lack of fuel.

I feel I got the hang of things now, holding on to 30k or so, and holding onto a bounty of 16k that I need to claim somewhere. I'm on my way to becoming an explorer, I wonder if it will bore me.

>>318124296
I'm impressed this hasn't happened yet, it's always pretty spooky when you hyper jump to a system and greet the major start as you go into supercruise speed.
>>
>>318124296
I also joined a wing with my friend and we hunted some pirates, was okay till the federal security started attacking us for some reason. Now we have a 6k bounty cause we "defended" ourselves.
>>
>>318124606
I had the same shit happen recently, then one of my buddies brought in his Vulture and killed the entire fleet of Security for us while I reaped in some rewards.
>>
>>318124769
Whenever I scanned pirates or bandits or whatever and they had "Wanted" on them, securities never attacked me after engaging those, I've always got help instead.
>>
>>318123787
>Play in early beta
>Everything is obnoxiously expensive to purchase
>Missions paid jack shit
>End up spending 40 hours saving up for Cobra

It was annoying as shit, but it was fun till the wipe. Elite has gotten much better since then though.
>>
>>318123787
>>318125854
Also if anyone wants to play, CMDR Endeavour.
>>
>>318126062
>Playing with /v/
>>
My first day was similar to yours. On the second day I finally got a hang of the game and started to actually play. On the third day I realized there was nothing more to this game.

On the 60th day I finally afforded an Anaconda after 55 days of grind. On the 61st day I quit.
>>
>>318126487

>Not playing with /v/ or /vg/

Honestly go to /vg/ and fine people it's rare you fine good players in everyday gaming but the only thing /v/ does right is it has decent gamers in just about every type of game imaginable.
>>
>>318126853
Isn't /edg/ dead?
>>
>/v/ recomends game
>it's shit
>/v/ doesn't recomend game
>i'm actually enjoying it
Why does this happen ALL the time? I don't fucking care if it is euro truck simulator in space, I like it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.