[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it as hard and fun as reviewers are making it out to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 567956785679.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
567956785679.png
3 MB, 1600x900
Is it as hard and fun as reviewers are making it out to be?

We want a 4 player couch co-op with some teeth and requires teamwork instead of just bullshitting around the map stealing loot off the ground.

Also is there any reason whatsoever not to spec everyone into those big stompy mechs? They seem to murder everything.
>>
>>318119218
No one?
>>
File: EuropeanClap.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
EuropeanClap.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>318119218
Yes it's fun

It's hard if you want it to be, but also depend on the galactic campaign progression, which is dictated by everyone's progress online. You might land in the easy starting areas or be at the hardest end bosses, depends.

>Also is there any reason whatsoever not to spec everyone into those big stompy mechs? They seem to murder everything.
They are 1-use items and take up one of your slots, while stuff like ammo and weapons can be re-deployed

Your mech can stomp for a while, but sometimes you just get fucked over by bad positioning (a big monster spawns on you, or you get stuck and take a lot of damage, or most probably a team mate will call equipment or rez on top of you and blow your mech)
They also have limited ammo. But it all depends on the mission and terrain. At harder levels you face so many tough opponents that you need better stategies. For a 15 minute long misson your mech's rocket ammo won't be enough so it's best to bring a heavy weapon or explosives or an air-strike instead.
There's a build where you can take mechs on all slots, so you have 4 for the mission, but if you ever get outside the mech you might get fucked, especially on hard to move terrain like water or snow.

There's a nice balance to it.

TL;DR - It's an awesome and cheap co-op game. Just buy it.
Also if you want to farm upgrades fast make someone buy the searching droid DLC (forgot the name of it) and "upgrade pellets" will be shown on the mini-map.
>>
>is it hard
Sort of. It's repetitive as fuck though. I don't know if it gets better be I was co-opin with a friend. We put in a good 5 or 6 hours and it was the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>318121068
So you can be a mech driver if you dedicate all your slots to it but then you are utterly fucking worthless outside of it if you go over your 4 mech supply.

Saw some turrets that looked bomb as fuck but also saw them slaughter the team half the time. It really looks fun and with a lot of depth.

What about that APC? Just another one of those niche loadouts that can be useful or can you dedicate spec into it and be an APC messiah?
>>
File: Forgive.jpg (82 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
Forgive.jpg
82 KB, 493x750
>>318122598
holy shit you went through the game solo? Who would do that? It's like playing Goldeneye splitscreem proximity-mines only, but alone. It was meant to be played with someone you know.

>>318122725
There are some good 4-player vehicles but in general the mechs are more viable. 4-player vehicles are really fun to play around though, and even better in some situations, but they are overall more situational than mechs. I remember me and a friend beating a really hard boss with a tank, it was fun as shit. I was also surprised by the tank's controls. Each trigger corresponds to the left and right tracks, it's by a combination of the 2 that you rotate the tank, turn, or move forwards, felt like controling a fun RC car.

Keep in mind that one player can bring 4 mechs, then another 4 jetpacks to help with rough terrain movement outside of mechs, and so on, and in the end everyone has a balanced build by sharing theirs.
There are quite a few combos like that. A player can bring 2 turrets and 2 fences and be the defence guy, while the other brings heavy armament and gives a couple of weapons to the defence guy. Each player can fill the other's weakness, or every player can focus on the same thing, or each player has his own balanced build, etc

> but also saw them slaughter the team half the time.
Yes, everything that kills the bad guys also kills the good guys. I love the friendly fire in this game. Half of your deaths will be your friend's fault, and vice versa.
>>
>>318123775
>I love the friendly fire in this game. Half of your deaths will be your friend's fault, and vice versa.
I think everyone's had "that" moment where you get called into someone's game as reinforcements, and your dropship proceeds to land right on top of them, splattering their body in the process.
>>
>>318123775

Fucked a word but it should have still gotten across that I co-oped with a friend.
>>
Was awesome when it first came out. They need to advertise dlc and updates more, hear nothing about it anymore
>>
>>318123775
Ahhh neato. So being the "mech guy" really just means being the guy who supplies mechs to everyone else. Like the guy with the extra ammo keeps everyone else full of bullets and can reload heavy weapons faster then the guy wielding them.

I heat it is cross platform with the vita, PS3, and PS4. Are they going to include Steambros too? Because they would be an amazing network of players. Especially if the galaxy map is persistent.
>>
>>318125475
No word on PC release being compatible yet.

If it's anything like Rocket League I'll pass, since voice chat is rather mandatory online for the higher difficulties.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.