[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kirby triple delux was shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: kirby triple delux.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
kirby triple delux.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>>
Of course it was. It didn't even have Meta Knight in it.
>>
>>318116897
Nah it was fun

>>318117009
Playing as The King was better.
>>
Best 3d effects I've seen on a 3ds game so far.
>>
>>318117009
Didn't it have Dark Meta Knight's Revenge in it? I mean, you're right, it wasn't Meta Knight though.
>>318116897
I liked it.
>>
>>318117284
y did u lik it
>>
>Games get shit on for not being Adventure and Super Star enough (Canvas Curse, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack etc)

>Games get shit on for being too much like Adventure and Super Star (Squeak Squad, Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe etc)

What the hell is Kirby suppose to do then?
>>
What's your Kirby power rank?

Mine would be something like:

1. Super Star (Deluxe or original, I don't care)
2. Amazing Mirror
3. Nightmare in dreamland (or the NES original, either one)
4 onwards. Don't really care for the rest, I need recommendations.

It's very important to me that weapons have individual movesets, and at least some exploration. No discussion that the Great Cave Offensive and Milky Way Wishes from Superstar are my definitive Kirby experiences.
After that, Amazing Mirror had movesets from SOME weapons, but to compensate the exploration was fantastic.
I know the Wii game had lots of movesets, I tried it a bit, I thought it was way too easy and linear, even more so than any other Kirby, so even if I had awesome moves, it all felt a game of press "right" to win.
>>
>>318116897
At the very least it's first player just feels like a worse return to dream land at every corner. Well the final boss was good.
>>
>>318118295
>>318118369
this is op here i never played a kirb game i just found this one to be shit
>>
>>318118538
You should've gotten Super Star Deluxe instead to start with
>>
>>318118369

the sakurai kirby games are dream land, adventure, super star, nightmare in dream land (remake of adventure) and air ride

dl 2 is a buggy, lazy attempt at porting copy abilities from adventure to the original kirby's dream land

dl 3 / 64 have a certain "atmosphere" to them but the gameplay is simple and rather clunky / slow in comparison to super star

yarn kirby isn't actually a kirby game, mass attack is touch controlled, everything is kinda an attempt at super star (squeak squad, return to dream land, triple deluxe)

canvus curse is touch controlled but very good, and the most challenging kirby game. the new one for wii u is a massive disappointment and doesn't compare
>>
>>318118369
>Amazing Mirror
>64
>Triple Deluxe
>Adventure
>Dream Land

Also the NES original is a fuckton better than the GBA remake brah, I still need to finish the 2 Super Star games and the rest of the Dream Land series so my power ranking is trash

Bonus, Spin Off Ranking

>Star Stacker
>Air Ride
>Block Ball
>Tilt 'n Tumble
>Pinball

why was pinball so awful?
>>
>>318118673
how was i spusoed to know
>>
>>318118830
I'm telling you know so you know what to play next if you're interested, no need to fucking defend yourself over this.
>>
>>318118787
In my experience (being Super Star one of my top few favorite games ever), Deluxe is pretty much exactly like the original, only redrawn to fit cuter post-GBA Kirby, and with a bit more of content.
So unless you prefer the first one's aesthetics or want to play on a home console strictly, I would go straight for Deluxe.
>>
>>318116897

Thank you, Captain Obvious
>>
>>318118295
>What the hell is Kirby suppose to do then?
I'm ready for a full-3D Kirby game.
City Trial was amazing.
>>
>>318119315

how can inhaling and spitting out enemies be adapted to 3d without it being cumbersome and / or a fucking shooter?
>>
>>318119421
Increase inhale radius. Problem solved.
>>
>>318119421
Wario World did it fine
>>
>>318118787
100% agree with your spin off ranking.
>>
>>318118295
Id like to see the platformers to build on what superstar and 64 did instead of staying in a comfort zone all the time.
Kirby has this habit of either being totally experimental or just recycling the usual core gameplay with minor changes. It never really strives to innovate on its main game formula.

I like the series but I've lost interest in buying new games when most of them seem to be superstar with less content or adventure with better graphics.
>>
File: 1419411763311.jpg (164 KB, 1350x255) Image search: [Google]
1419411763311.jpg
164 KB, 1350x255
>>318116897
fuck you
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.