[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to get good at a game if the other players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: header.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
How am I supposed to get good at a game if the other players can one-shot more right off the bat?
>>
you play a game that isnt a meme
>>
play deathmatch or some custom gamemodes in the browser to get into the feel of movement / aiming first
>>
>>318113520

You play 1.6 or Source and leave all the bullshit behind and just play the game like it was meant to be played. CSGO is filled with 99% new players that also have developed a different understanding of the game, also those fruity skins are a fucking disgrace because they attract children and faggots.
>>
you keep playing until it just clicks
>>
>>318113520
>How am I supposed to get good at a game if the other players can one-shot more right off the bat?
if you're worse than silver 1 quit playing
>>
>>318113932
But I like surf in GO more than I did Source. The upgraded engine and more power to the map makers allows for better maps. Along with an updated SourceMod of course
>>
>>318114679
>>318114725
>>318114860
I just bought the game today.
I jumped into a match and I was immediately destroyed by any enemy because they damage they dealt with one shot exceeded my HP's maximum. I don't understand?

I'll keep playing definitely, but how do I avoid this?
>>
>>318115210
if you're playing casual it'll put mixed ranks together
>>
>>318115210
Don't get shot in the head by an AK.

Don't get shot by an AWP.

Just try not to get shot in general.
>>
practice aim in DM, practice maps in casual.

Practice until you get the hang of both tapping, and spraying with most weapons, general movement and angles, then maybe try and go into comp.

and headshots always are more efficient and faster then shooting multiple times on a body.
>>
>>318115508
>>318115301
>>318115686
thanks, I'll keep practicing
>>
just stop playing it because the game is boring
>>
>>318115508
>>318115737

Yes what anon said, just try avoid getting shot, avoid running and shooting unless it's with a pistol or smg.

never re-peek awps too.
>>
>>318113520
learn the map, learn the corners that enemy is usually watching
>>
>>318113520
train yourself always to keep your mouse at the position where the enemy's head would pop out, learn how to correctly turn corners, learn the maps and peek corners
>>
>>318115932

Silver shitter confirmed
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00001.jpg (29 KB, 419x213) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00001.jpg
29 KB, 419x213
>>318116376
i'm lem but okay
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 710x720
>tfw DMG and hitting brick wall in matchmaking

I can't seem to win.
>>
>>318116696
Play a different gamemode then, they are infintely more fun that "competitive".

All comp does is turn everyone against each other on the team.
>>
>>318116696
honestly just play with one other person you know well if you can, if not you're putting faith in mouthbreathers
>>
serious advice if you really care about getting better

first the basics, if you don't even do this stuff the rest doesn't matter:

-turn off mouse accel if you're dumb enough to have it on
-find a sensitivity you're comfortable with, if you need a bigger mousepad then get one, don't use a higher sensitivity bc your mousepad isn't big enough
-if your mouse has dpi settings then don't put it higher than about 1500, instead raise the in game sensitivity, higher than 1500 dpi isn't real its simulated, laser tech isn't that advanced yet, if your mouse doesn't have dpi settings then don't worry about it
-tweak your settings to whatever you need to do to get the highest steady fps you can, if you put absolute minimum and still can't get it higher than 60 then either don't play cs or get a better pc, this is the most important advice I can give you
-configure your net settings to have 0% choke and 0% loss, lerp and interp as low as possible,
-playing in 4:3 is ok, in fact a lot of top players do, it makes heads bigger targets, generally a lower resolution is better period no matter what your aspect ratio is, just bear in mind the lower your resolution the shorter range you'll be able to shoot accurately because at a certain range enemy heads will be smaller than a pixel on your screen, the only map you'll really have this issue on is dust2, possibly something like shooting from z to quad on cache, and also mid to t ramp on inferno, generally isn't an issue though, like your mouse sens just find something you're comfortable with and stick with it

now actual game advice:
-starting off learn the ak and m4, when you're comfortable learn the awp(that's more about peeking and movement than actual shooting)
-you'll want to learn other guns eventually, this game changed some things around like kill rewards from the previous games so there's a bit more strategic depth to the economy, focus on ak and m4 first
(more in next post it's too long)
>>
>>318116876
the casual modes are probably the most boring things about the game, don't know why you would recommend them
>>
>>318116449
>he still isnt global even after all the banwaves
global is literally welfare now and if you still dont have it you're absolute shit
LEM right now is the same shit as ak1 in 2013
>>
>>318117025
those banned en masse account for a small portion of the player base, you dumbass
>>
>>318116925
> instead raise the in game sensitivity,
Stop giving shitty advice.
NEVER raise the in-game sens above 2.71, because it starts skipping pixels at 2.72+.

>>318117061
The point is that it's easier to climb when there isn't a waller in every 2nd game you cretin.
>>
>>318116972
Not those, there are community servers that host a variety of gamemodes.
>>
>>318117134
>The point is that it's easier to climb when there isn't a waller in every 2nd game you cretin.
so, you're saying that it's a fair challenge when you aren't going up against people that have an inherent advantage that you don't have?

no shit sherlock
>>
>>318117392
I'm glad you agree with me then.
If you're still not Global when the only thing that's stopping you from getting Global is your own skill and not the intervention of hackers, you're shit.
>>
>>318116925
(cont.)
-m4a4 vs m4a1s is mostly preference, damage and spray pattern are essentially identical, a1s just has less ammo in the mag and in reserve so you can't wallbang as much with it and can't spray as much, a4 is a little more accurate when jumping but that should never matter, pros usually change based on map, maps with more wallbang spots and fewer flank paths they use a4, a1s everywhere else
-learn the ak first, it's the best gun in the game, this isn't an opinion and anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot and should be ignored, whenever you're ct and see one then take it, even if you're not comfortable with it someone on your team WILL love you for getting it, unless of course you have an awp, then keep that instead to give to someone
-don't worry about aim so much to begin with, focus on learning good habits, like crosshair placement and movement and positioning, aim and reflexes will improve with time, bad habits you picked up won't change unless you consciously force them to
-buy with your team, eco with your team, communicate with your team
-learn nade physics
-always buy a smoke, smokes are the most important tool in the game besides guns, learn where and how to use them properly
-last but not least, buy a fucking kit if you have money for it, seriously, pistol round don't worry about it so much, you want to keep them from planting anyway, if you have 400 bucks left and 3 people on your team have a kit, get a smoke instead if you don't have one already
-oh yeah one more thing, never take the silencer off of anything, it does nothing but make noise, the reverse of that is there's not much reason to have it on either unless you're lurking, taking the silencer off then throwing a decoy sometimes fucks with peoples heads if they're silvers

I can answer any questions you have
>>
>>318116925
LOW DPI
LOW SENSITIVITY
BIG MOUSE PAD
THIS IS HOW TO CSGO
NOT WHAT THIS FUCKING IDIOT KEKOLD SAYS
>>
>>318117475
>mfw i just watched 5 overwatch cases all of them walling
>>
>>318117134
>Stop giving shitty advice.
>NEVER raise the in-game sens above 2.71, because it starts skipping pixels at 2.72+

calm down dude, sorry, I thought that went without saying, 2.72 in game sens is like a fucking 1 inch 360, no one is dumb enough to have it that high
>>
>>318117475
has it occurred to you that I literally do not care what my rank is? the closest I've ever come to remotely giving a shit is when I play with my brother, because my brother cares about it and is a higher rank

I don't care if I win/lose; I treat competitive like deathmatch and use the same SMG I've been using since last year, when I die I alt+tab and do something else

the game is just a convenient time sink for me
>>
>>318117559
that's basically what I fucking said...are you dense?

having something you're comfortable with is better than using a setting someone told you to use and forcing yourself to adapt to it
>>
>>318117768
What are you talking about? Mine in-game sensitivity is at 2.84 or so with 800 dpi, never have done 1 inch 360s.
>>
>>318117475
>le everyone who isn't global is shit maymay
here's your you
>>
>>318117896
so if a person eats with a fork between his thighs its better to just let him think that its the best way to utilize a fork ?
>>
File: Untitled.png (115 KB, 387x329) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
115 KB, 387x329
Sell or open?
>>
>>318118046
>/v/irgin comes up with the worst possible analogy
>it's a food one too

jesus christ end yourself
>>
>>318117963
my windows sens might be fucked up then because my dpi is set to 900 and when I put my in game sense anywhere above 2 it's about a 1.5 inch 360

either way, I'm not trying to argue about settings or say who's are right or wrong

the right sens is what you're comfortable with
>>
>>318118046
I...wait...what?
>>
>>318118186
Turn off mouse acceleration in your Mouse Properties in the Control Panel.
>>
>>318118353
Sorry, mouse acceleration in game
Turn off Enhanced pointer precision in the mouse props
>>
play a lot
literally thats all there is too it
except maybe have at least 60fps and a not shitty mouse
>>
>>318118186
if you can keep your crosshair at the same 5-10 meter away target while strafing from left to right then you have the right sense

or you can also calibrate yourself by finding the spot where you can turn 180 degrees with minimum speed
>>
>>318118425
i have it off in game, ill check the other thing though, thanks
>>
a lot of the game is based on aim and reflex
which is basically muscle memory you should have no problem if you're not new to fps
>>
File: 1417188162001.jpg (168 KB, 678x800) Image search: [Google]
1417188162001.jpg
168 KB, 678x800
>>318118451
This.
There is no other excuse for not getting better.
It's not your shitty teammates.
It's not your opponents being so retarded that you can't read them.There are actually people who justify their shortcomings like this.

Just play and get better, maybe watch pro games to learn some handy tricks.
But most of all play.
Everyone that plays online for the first time gets their ass handed to them. You either tap out and play something else or just see it as a challenge become better.
>>
>>318118089
always sell, only idiots who buy lotto tickets open cases
>>
File: 1440994234213.jpg (25 KB, 261x320) Image search: [Google]
1440994234213.jpg
25 KB, 261x320
>>318118089
>buying keys
>>
File: 1327903296111.jpg (39 KB, 422x348) Image search: [Google]
1327903296111.jpg
39 KB, 422x348
I haven't played CS since 1.6, can you still skin weapons to not have shitty animations?
>>
>>318118089
buy keys in store not market
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 317x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 317x275
does this game have those silly surfing servers and shit
>>
>>318119627
Yes
>>
Consolefag here, does CS:GO have an unranked playlist where any unskilled players can pick up?
>>
>>318119395
GO generally has pretty accurate(unless you're going to nitpick about racking the gun afterwards when the mag wasn't empty) and detailed animations, not like the garbage 1.6 ones where they just lower the mag then raise it back up
>>
>>318120028
if you're playing on console and don't start out at global after placement matches then you should literally kill yourself
>>
>>318120028
Yes.
>>
>>318120105
I agree, but the animations are really stiff.
>>
>>318117768
I use 4 sens have have 8 or 9 inch 360 cause of low dpi
>>
>>318116696
I've lost 12 in a row while being in the middle range of the team. I'm at the point where I can't get above DMG again. It's a bit frustrating but I still enjoy the matches themselves. I need to figure out what to change in how I play. Maybe it's the teammates, who knows.
>>
>>318121742
>while being in the middle range of the team
>Maybe it's the teammates,

It's you.
>>
This game is a joke anyway you can reach your golden AK by using pistols/knife only. No aim required, most ppl are dogshit at this game and you would be much better off just learning how to place smokes and cover most common positions than learn how to hs everyone with an ak-47.
>>
>>318121848
As long as I'm not on the bottom and I make my calls clear and quickly I feel I'm doing my part.
>>
>49 games played
>first in team 47 times
>still lost almost half of my games

And that's why every competitive game with matchmaking is dogshit. It's 2015 and we still don't have a fucking game that rewards your personal performance. Same shit with assfaggots.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.