[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit you're still fucking mad about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Fuse.jpg (86 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuse.jpg
86 KB, 640x360
Fuck 12 year olds
Fuck Insomniac for listening to them
Fuck EA for making them focus test them

And the game bombed anyway for that exact fucking reason.

In between that and the previous few Ratchet and Clank games I have no confidence that Insomniac can make another good game again. Their entire design philosophy changed as soon as they hit the PS3 and it's never been the same. Even A Crack in Time, by far their best PS3 offering and a genuinely good game in its own right had issues with pacing because of the LET'S SLOW DOWN IN GAME TO TALK ABOUT THE STORY AND SLOW WALK like every fucking modern third person action game does nowadays, and killed my drive to replay it for a while. And of course the whole WHO CARES ABOUT 60 FPS IT'S TOO HARD AND THEY DON'T NOTICE IT ANYWAY. Now I'm not a stickler for frame rate but the shitty frame rate mad the next few borderline unplayable for me and they felt incredibly cheap and bargain bin.

Anyway I've gone off track a bit but yeah fuck Fuse.
>>
It's funny how that game was instantly forgotten when it came out
>>
Wasn't fuse that interesting game that had the unique characters but was cancelled for GENERIC SHOOTER
>>
>>318109763
>Fuck Insomniac for listening to them
that's why they went bankrupt. serves them right.
>>
Misconception: players always know what’s best for a game
>>
>>318110246
It was a CGI trailer for a game called Overstrike, which had no gameplay what so ever or details of how it would play, which then turned into FUSE after playtesters didn't like it.
>>
>>318110246
No, it's that game with unique characters that got turned into the current fuse.

It had the most likeable black character in videogames before(outside of GTA games anyway).
>>
>>318110326

As far as I could tell, it would have played basically the same. Only the artstyle changed to a more serious style
>>
>>318110315

>Misconception: players always know what’s best for a game

This was more an example of; Children knowing what is and isn't "mature"
>>
>>318110375

>It had the most likeable black character in videogames

You're basing this on a two minute conceptual trailer
>>
>>318110246
Yeah, it used to be called Overstrike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RFcqQFlrMg
But a 12 year old focus group called it gay so the artstyle was changed to be immensely bland like it is now.
>>
>>318110589
That's all you need for a fucking shooter with a comedy theme. You'd only need to see two minutes of cate archer to know that she's likeable too. It'd be literally impossible for them to fuck him up without derailing the story with some out of place romance plotline or something.
>>
OP, I feel the same way about Insomniac/Ratchet and Clank. It's a sad time to be alive.
>>
>>318110246
Yes, Overwatch before Overwatch.
>>
>>318110809

Actually you see the black guy for five seconds and all he does is scream >>318110671
>>
File: 1438286256127.jpg (67 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
1438286256127.jpg
67 KB, 800x420
>>318109763
I remember when one of the conferences this year at E3 started playing the same song the trailer for Overstrike did, and all I could remember is how we'll NEVER EVER get that game.

Fucking EA. Fucking Insomniac.
>>
>>318110995
That video is confusing me, because I know I've seen more than that. In a different setting too. A place with a lot of near-black steel stuff.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.