[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently playing through the first Yakuza, but I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Yakuza-sega.jpg (125 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-sega.jpg
125 KB, 300x423
Currently playing through the first Yakuza, but I'm not really enjoying it. Would I enjoy the rest of the games? Can I skip to the second game or would it ruin the story?
>>
The combat is the worst in the first game.

Second game is the best behind 5.
>>
just speed through it.
Story is one of the most important elements in these games and you'll regret missing out on some key moments in the first game when they come back in the later games, even if they recap them in a half-assed way.
>>
It has worst combat in series. Try suffering through it. It's pretty short overall.
Second is the best.
>>
I found Yakuza 3 at EB games recently for 10 bucks. Pretty good deal. I've only played 4 before this but I'm loving the series so far.
>>
>>318109251
Which parts are you not enjoying?
If it's combat, it gets a lot better as the series progresses.

If it's the plot or setting you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>318110219
This. If you aren't enjoying the plot or setting you might as well stop the series here.
>>
File: Yakuza5.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza5.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
WHEN
>>
are you upgrading your abilities?
also you should talk to the old sensei in purgatory as he teaches you new useful moves

also the combat in 1 is the worst of the series but its not that bad once you get used to it
>>
>>318109251
I loved 1 when it came out; 2 bored TF out of me, 3 and 4 were GOAT

I think 4 would be a good place to start since it introduces a bunch of new playable characters you won't be too lost with the story.
>>
>>318110027
Isn't priced at $18? Assuming you're an ausbro.
>>
>>318112102
Mine was $14. Got 4 and Dead Souls special editions for $17each at JB too
>>
>>318112276
>Dead Souls special editions
Never knew it existed until now.
>>
>>318111424
There is a sale on PSN currently that ends December 31. So sometime soon, hopefully.
>>
>>318112102
Nah I'm a Canadian.
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (351 KB, 865x844) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
351 KB, 865x844
>>318113028
They're just steelbooks with free dlc codes
>>
>>318109251
>Would I enjoy the rest of the games?
Yes, the first has the worst combat
>Can I skip to the second game or would it ruin the story?
No, the second one its one of the best games of the series and an improvement on all aspects compared to the first one
>>
>>318113626
Damn, I really need to waste money and get all games in physical.
>>
>>318113626
>Yamazaki1923
I'll give it a try some day.
>>
>>318113626
>Yamazaki1923
Is it good?
>>
>>318115910
>>318114275
It's very good, the Hakushu reserve was also pretty decent, but not sure how available they are now.
>>
>>318109251
I actually loved the way the teacher at hobo town gives you new movesets to master

Combat is fine, the game is padded to hell and back. Haven't finished it but the atmosphere was great.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.