[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your earliest gaming memory /v/? And I mean the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13
File: jungle-book-the-usa.png (349 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
jungle-book-the-usa.png
349 KB, 352x500
What's your earliest gaming memory /v/?

And I mean the absolute earliest possible memory you have of playing games.

Because this is mine, playing it christmas morning at 4 years old and playing games all day.
>>
I still have this, very underrated game
>>
File: commander-keen-4-ss1.gif (13 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
commander-keen-4-ss1.gif
13 KB, 320x200
Hard to tell
>>
>>318105243

I had this game along with like 30 other Sega Genesis games, gave them all to my brother's uncle since he loved playing that and the super Nintendo, specifically Alfred the chicken (Solid Game)

First game I remember playing I was about 3-4 and it was Sword of Vermilion for the Genesis. Game itself would delete my saves so I never actually beat it. RIP.
>>
File: Greendog_Cover_Art.jpg (155 KB, 434x597) Image search: [Google]
Greendog_Cover_Art.jpg
155 KB, 434x597
Who the hell drew all these genesis games with shiny bulbous appendages?
>>
File: ducktales nes.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ducktales nes.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
I'm proud to say this was my very first game. I was around 5 years old and my parents got me a NES and Ducktales for Christmas (Since I was a huge fan of Ducktales)

I loved my childhood
>>
File: A2600_Pitfall.png (676 B, 320x226) Image search: [Google]
A2600_Pitfall.png
676 B, 320x226
Pitfall on Atari 2600... I must have been about 4 yrs old. Was on a 13" color RCA TV that weighed about 80lbs.

I got pretty fucking good at it eventually, never does end though.
>>
File: 1448243364850.gif (94 KB, 514x510) Image search: [Google]
1448243364850.gif
94 KB, 514x510
Grew up with an NES, and I think Metroid was the first game I ever played.

I distinctly remember having a starting phase where I played with the controller upside down, inverting the control schemes. Don't know exactly how long that lasted, but it went on for a quite while and carried over to stuff like Super Mario Bros and Castlevania.

the genesis might've broken me out of it
>>
File: wordrescue.gif (22 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
wordrescue.gif
22 KB, 640x400
>Play as a boy OR a girl!
>Godtier music and sound effects
>That water tho
>Collect books for point and learn English at the same time
>Dat spooky castle level and pink goo
Skybox is a little boring in some levels but great in some.
Just found out I can buy it on steam
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>318105243
My earliest memory of a video game was level 1 of Sonic the Hedgehog. It's just that 1 memory, after that, I only rermember owning an NES and playing SMB and Mad Max.
>>
>>318105712
Played the shit outta Commander Keen games myself. Still got all my old 3.5" game disks buried in my basement.
>>
Playing Solitaire on a monochrome Toshiba laptop running Windows 3.0. I was about 3.
>>
File: SkiFree.jpg (41 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
SkiFree.jpg
41 KB, 500x694
Anyone remember this guy?
>>
>>318107301
The developer of SkiFree made a sequel where you play as the Yeti.
>>
>>318107394
Ah man, never knew that. Sounds fun as hell
>>
>>318107301
no grandpa
>>
I remember going to my grandparents house and playing need for speed hot pursuit on a purple lunchbox my grandparents bought. Eventually I got it and still have it, along with Mario kart, some assorted games, and multiple NFS games. I became a fanboy of NFS at the age of 4
>>
File: 09abe898.png (345 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
09abe898.png
345 KB, 640x480
>>
>>318105243
My earliest video game memories was my Dad emulating Super Mario Bros 2 on NESticle.
>>
File: coleco_colecovision_ss_smurf_1.jpg (45 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
coleco_colecovision_ss_smurf_1.jpg
45 KB, 500x345
Smurf on Coleco Vision
>>
File: TMNT2boxNES.jpg (135 KB, 363x500) Image search: [Google]
TMNT2boxNES.jpg
135 KB, 363x500
My mom use to play with me
>>
>>318105243

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-h8zLM2jA

Playing this and being terrible at it, and then watching my oldest brother fuck this game up the ass
>>
>be me
>be 7 years old
>watching my brother play Black Ops 2
>"Want to play" he asks
>take controller
>start of epic and awesome gaming career ;P
>>
My earliest Vidya memory
Is playing asteroids on that one black box that had a screen
And some weird controller
>>
Playing the TMNT arcade after seeing the movie in theaters.
>>
>>318109558
I remember this, punchout, and playing the barman game the most.
>>
>>318105243
>tfw I fapped to mowgli and came on his feet
No ragrets
>>
I want to say it was playing Breakout with my cousin on the Atari 2600.
>>
Prince of Persia on a monochrome PC running DOS.
>>
My sexy cousin that used to play tetris all day in nothing but panties and a tank top. I would peak at her perky 14 year old tits all day. I wish I knew what to do with my boner then. She even let me sleep with her in her bed a few times.
>>
Playing donkey kong country or megaman X on the snes. I don't remember which one but both were amazing at the time.
>>
File: Sonic-2-Emerald-Hill-Zone-Boss.gif (14 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-2-Emerald-Hill-Zone-Boss.gif
14 KB, 320x200
>>318105243

It's music is still probably my most favorite vidya ost
>>
shinobi master system JUNK port as far as I can remember.
maybe even wolfenstein 3d
>>
>>318105243
I had to go to the orthodontist a lot as a kid and in the waiting room they had one of those sega handhelds (I guess it was the Genesis?) and it had this game and some weird pac-man adventure game. They were both terrible but I wasn't allowed to have videogames then so I guess it was okay.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.