[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QUICK GIVE ME PROS AND CONS OF BUYING SUPER MARIO MAKER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 300x165
QUICK GIVE ME PROS AND CONS OF BUYING SUPER MARIO MAKER
>>
pros:
your wallet will be less heavy and easier to carry

cons:
you will own super mario maker
>>
pros:
you'll have a game to play

cons:
you'll have to play a game
>>
pros: you now own super mario maker
cons: you own a dead console by a dead company
>>
>>318104364
shit man that's not making it any easier
>>
where's my diet dr slopes?
>>
played this at a friends place, it is fun

I stole his stylus on the way home tho
>>
Super Mario Maker feels a lot like buying an apple device. You have something that nearly everyone is using, which is neat for a tool that relies on user-made content, and it has lots of polish and bells-and-whistles, but you know there's better tools out there for doing essentially the same thing for less money with more versatility. Make of it what you will.
>>
>Pros:
Making levels is fun
Playing (good) levels is fun
Plenty of amiibo support in the form of costumes (if you have them)
/v/ 's levels from Mario Maker threads are usually pretty good
>Cons:
Shit levels with no thought put into them
Levels that give you infinite stars and enemies
Lots of DON'T MOVE levels
Lots of DON'T MOVE music levels
Lots of Kaizo levels (might be a Pro depending on the player)
Absent ranking system that results in shit level clogging up most of the available pool at any given time
Game is very limited (in terms of making long, big, vertical, or maze-like levels)
Game has wonky physics/mechanics that don't really match the original games
You can feel kinda tapped out from making levels pretty quickly
You won't get very high in rankings unless you're an e-celeb
Editor itself is kinda barebones and needs WAY more support/additional content
While Nintendo does seem to be rolling out new content, it's only been very small things at a time months or weeks apart
You can't make worlds/campaigns
>>
>>318105206
>Lots of DON'T MOVE levels
God I'm so sick of this shit every fucking time and they're the only levels that get star'd.

They made a web-based level filter but they need to put that shit in the game.
>>
>>318105206
So, it's Happy Wheels except you have to buy it
>>
File: rare.jpg (65 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
65 KB, 800x450
pros:
you get to be a part of the dankest community in gaming

cons:
automatic levels will always be top of the scoreboard
>>
pros:everything else

cons:but slopes
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.