[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just recently bought the enhanced edition of pic related. Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Baldurs-Gate-2.jpg (242 KB, 1912x1048) Image search: [Google]
Baldurs-Gate-2.jpg
242 KB, 1912x1048
Just recently bought the enhanced edition of pic related. Did I do good?
>>
>>318102814
Black Isle is dead and nothing will bring them back or contribute to bringing them back. You will have fun though- it is the best BG. It'd get this: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/get/master.zip if I were you and install the minimalist package for your game to fix some shit up.
>>
>>318103487
Okay thanks. I didn't know Black Ilse made this one. I thought Bioware did like with the first game.
>>
Great game. The Enhanced Edition new content is cringeworthy garbage, though. They somehow managed to make characters worse than Minsc, Aerie, and Anomen.
>>
>>318102814
>enhanced edition
>Did I do good?
No. You need to ask these questions before making a purchase, now it's too late. You've wasted money on the wrong version of the game. Enjoy your extra bugs, new balance problems, incompatible mods and donut steels.
>>
>>318103784
>>318103935
I didn't know anything about the game before buying it, I assumed it will be like the first game which I enjoyed as a kid but never got far in. Should I return it while there's still time?
>>
>>318103935
what is the alternative? buying on steam is convenient
>>
>>318104110
It's a sqeuel to the first game, playing it on it's own is actually kind of weird. But plenty of people do it so I dunno. Look up the plot of the first game before you start at least.

As for returning the EE, well if there's a possiblity of trading it in for the original release then I'd recommend it. If not just deal with it, I guess. You can still enjoy the game, just try not to cut your wrists when the Enhanced original characters appear.
>>
>>318104110
The first game isn't very good.

BG2 shows you an intro movie that tells you absolutely everything you need to know.

Have fun, BG2 is great.
>>
>>318105097
The alternative would be buying on GOG, where they offer the original version. Or just pirating it, which it preferable to giving Gaben your Ameribucks.
>>
>>318104110
>>318105097
There is nothing too wrong with the EE. Some mods might not work (all the big ones as far as I know do) and they added completely optional and skippable content of questionable quality. That is enough to trigger some autists in saying it's worse than satan or something, but it's completely alright, no need to return it.
>>
>>318105235
this guy? https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_2_complete

also-what is so great about this game? and if its the story please let me know if it holds up to our standards now.

>>318105326
hmm interesting. so i am interested but had no intention of modding and such.

If i just want to play the story is the EE from steam good?
>>
>>318105448
>If i just want to play the story is the EE from steam good?

Yes.
>>
>>318105131
Eh I'll just deal with it. Can't be that bad, right?

>>318105224
Okay thanks.
>>
>>318105224
How do people say this and mean it? I played the first one when it released and loved it. Played the second one and thought it was better. The first BG is awesome.
>>
>>318105448
Yeah that's the one.
> and if its the story please let me know if it holds up to our standards now.
What standards do we have now? Last I checked the state of RPGs is pretty bad on both sides of the ocean. That said as a whole, BG is merely ok on the story front.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.