[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite game /v/? I like crusader kings 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Ck2_2.jpg (384 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ck2_2.jpg
384 KB, 1600x900
What's your favorite game /v/?

I like crusader kings 2
>>
Vic 2 AHD hawaii stronk
>>
I really like ck2 as well

it's my most played game on steam. barely have any achievements though since I always have mods
>>
>>318103769
same, i've been doing the game of thrones mod.

have around 2850 hours since i bought it
>>
>empire
>is a merchant republic
>>
>>318103584
How do win land battles in EU4 against France without camping mountains? When I first fought France as Austria, I held them off at Savoy. In the next play through, I couldn't siege shit because my army died from attrition crossing the HRE and France apparently has infinite manpower that I either carpet siege or risk a 40 something stack wiping me. I march them in a line and they still get attrition from backwater tier OPMs. I could've sworn Austria had a morale perk last time I played.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00027.jpg (436 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00027.jpg
436 KB, 1600x900
It varies year by year. The last year and then some it's been EU4, though it seems like Blade & Soul will end up being my new favourite once it does finally get released.

Here, have a Roman Empire with the added touch of Holy.
>>
>>318102807
What game?
>>
>>318104009
I've still not played the game of thrones mod. I mostly just do ck2+ or hip and create weird starts for myself either using console commands or by editing game files
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-28+at+01.58.07).png (415 KB, 660x679) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-28+at+01.58.07).png
415 KB, 660x679
>>318102807
Gothic 2 but I have a lot more hours in EVE Online
Everytime I start a campaign in a real GSG game I get bored after a while and I just start with a new nation so I prefer KoH because it's a lot faster
>>
>>318104206
bought eu4 but i don't think i'm good at it. how long until it grew on you? when i do play, i play skittish out of fear of over exterting myself and a lot of the diplomacy options are still over my head.

>>318104207
ck2
>>
File: BroodWarBattle.jpg (435 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
BroodWarBattle.jpg
435 KB, 1366x768
>>318102807
I love Brood War. Albeit I have not played in a long time I still love the game to death.

I bought CK2 a while ago but could not get into it. I tried many different countries but I just couldn't find any will to continue to play beyond a hundred or so years. What's the trick to making this fun?
>>
>>318104206
i like that norway
>>
>>318104113
France is always AIDS to play against until you do beat them once in a war and their downfall begins.

You'll probably just want to outnumber them with another great power (Poland-Lithuania or Castile-Aragon spring to mind) to save yourself the trouble. They're almost always gonna have a ridiculous general coupled with their 20%(?) morale bonus and seemingly infinite income with which they'll hire 25-30k mercs as soon as they run low on manpower.

I just siege woods/mountains/provinces with crossing penalties with an army of like 15-20k with a good leader, keeping the rest of my armies in the adjacent provinces. Just wait until they start walking into the province and send your armies there. That's what I usually do. One province at a time. The new fort/siege system was a good change in that sense: you don't have to carpet anymore.

>>318104762
I played a game on easy as France to get some idea of it (I just learned the very basic mechanics). Then I tried a game as Brandenburg on easy with the goal of forming HRE, but ended up using console cheats for IA to finish the job. I then played Denmark as my first Ironman game and started to actually get the hang of it.

I think playing in the HRE as a nation that's not Austria teaches you a lot about diplomacy because it's such a clusterfuck for a new player and relies entirely on diplomacy to pull off. Denmark is a good option if you want ironman. Either way I'd say just disable ironman, play whatever you want and save scum so you can test what happens when you do things instead of having to fear ruining your save by trying out new things. No shame in doing that when you're still learning.
>>
>>318105086
watching a tutorial series on youtube. they're tough games to get into, and you'll flounder and make tons of mistakes with your first real game, but you'll learn a ton and hopefully it'll snag you

you need to have all the main expansion dlcs, but paradox are massive kikes so you might as well just pirate that shit. /gsg/ has a mega link with all the dlc
>>
>>318105282
But that's the thing. I have 8 hours played (according to steam) and I can guarantee I have spent more time watching tutorials and explanations for the game than actually playing it.

Do the DLCs change a lot of the experience up?
>>
>>318105568
sword of islam lets you play muslims
legacy of rome adds tons of things that should have just been patched in
the republic lets you play as a merchant republic which is fun as hell and a completely different experience
the old gods lets you play as pagans who can raid their neighbors for loot. germanic pagans can raid any coastal province and travel through major rivers. pushes the start back to 867. you can also play as zoroastrian
sons of abraham adds more pope mechanics, ability to play as jews, and lots of new religious events including pilgrimages
rajas of india adds india with a caste system, buddhism, jainism and hinduism
charlemagne pushes the start date to 769. special events if you play as charlemagne, ability to create your own empires, new cultures and some other minor upgrades

shit's super expensive to buy all the dlc. don't feel bad about pirating that shit. it's easy to do and a lot of that stuff should have been patched/those expansions should have been bundled together
>>
>>318106082
old gods is my favorite addition. although raiding is possibly the easiest way to make money in the game.
>>
>>318107970
Not to mention a little luck means infinite martial growth.
>>
>>318106082
fuck, I forgot horse lords which adds nomadic government type which is another completely different take on the game. I still haven't fully figured out how to play as them, but it's interesting

>>318107970
yeah, I played as a pagan my first play through and it was really fun. actually made learning how to play as a normal christian difficult since I had no money

I feel like merchant is easier money though
>>
>>318102807
>tfw playing the EU4 mod that allows you to play untill the year 2300 or something.
>Decide to play as the Roman Empire during their fall
>Manage to keep it together and reclaim all the lost territories
>year is now 2022 and the Roman Empire is the most advanced civilization in the world controlling the entirety of western and northern Europe, North Africa and all the other territories in the mediterranean. The Empire also controlls all av north America and most of South America, it also reaches into Russia and parts of Asia.
>Everyone in the empire follows the Emperor, the official language is Latin.
>>
>>318108971
going from pagan to christian is suffering.

never played as merchant, i probably should.
>>
is eu4 better than ck2? seems a bit more in depth at times, but less personal.
>>
>>318102807
How do I into CK2?
bought it awhile ago but still only have like 3 hours of play time in it
>>
>>318103769

That's because Ironman mode is fucked up IMO. Playing on 2 or 3 speed isn't fast enough to have anything happen. That, and it saves every 10 seconds and when that happens the game freezes for a moment because of the saving.

The only achievement I have it Getting Married.
>>
>>318111351
Eu3 is better.

Eu4 is probably the most simplified of the paradoxes main strategy games.

But then again, Eu has the entire planet as default, CK2 has Europe, and a little bit of Asia and Africa, lot of it being grey.

Not claiming to be a grand strategy master or anything. I guess if you like having more control over a family and diplomacy than CK2 is better, Eu is more global domination without going too much in depth any particular area.

Vic 2 and HoD seem to be better war simulators and a step above Eu and CK in complexity.

None of them are hard at all after you fiddle around for an hour or so though.
>>
>>318111945
as someone who touched it 1.5 years ago for about 1 hour of gametime, hasn't touched it since, but buys all the DLC as it comes out, I have the same question
>>
>>318112382
God help us when HoI4 ships.
>>
>>318104206
>Blade & Soul
I really have an urge to another MMO, but it's hard when you know games like this will be dead within a year because of god awful developer management, and the fact that they are releasing this way to late.

Also the fact that they had to resort to extreme fan serves to gain appeal.

More Korean grind trash for the bin.
>>
>>318111945
play an easier culture with a simple goal.

I suggest pagan/viking playthrough to get the hang of it.

if you want to play christian a lot of people suggest starting in ireland.

i watched a lot of "lets plays" and started on the game of thrones mod so it wasn't so tough.
>>
>>318112692
>HoI4
I'm pretty hype.
>>
>>318112692
HoI3 made me tap out.

i had no idea what to do or where to start.
>>
>>318112940
A lot of shit can be automated.
Just play some backwater nation for your first go and join the war when you feel like it. Staying neutral is a totally valid strategy.
>>
>>318113061
no multiplayer in HoI3 right?

wouldn't mind playing with a group of people, if /v/ is into shit like that.
>>
>>318112940
Pretty sure anyone with half a brain can figure out the basics in 30-60 minutes.

I mean I get it can be kind of overwhelming for a few minutes when you first start, but some people act like their trying to decode Russian rocket science notes into Chinese and then back into English.
>>
>>318113143
There is indeed.
Play every Axis power and dominate the world, etc.America starts out unaffiliated and can be persuaded to join axis with enough diplomatic clout
>>
File: 136859293777.png (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
136859293777.png
11 KB, 400x400
>>318113218
>but some people act like their trying to decode Russian rocket science notes into Chinese and then back into English.
Those are the reddit casuals, game is simple as shit and the UI is very intuitive as well, it makes me rage even harder when fags like the ones ITT think they're playing anything complicated with garbage like EU4
>>
>>318111945
Play in ireland
Start as low on the ladder as you can, make it your goal to go as high as possible
After that playthrough youll know mostly what to do, and can start wherever you want(ill recommend as some king in spain, since its pretty easy to marry and get a buch of land at the start and can holywar and conqure african mudslimes as much as you wish
>>
>>318111945
If you have friends willing to play, do it with them. The multiplayer can be annoying to set up sometimes but once you get it going its fine.

You'll learn and discover mechanics and new things together which makes it more enjoyable than just sitting through a YouTube video.
>>
>>318115263
Sadly I dont have friend? ;_;
>>
>>318113581
you should kill yourself tbqh famb
>>
>>318115306
i'll be your friend m9
>>
>>318115702
>kill yourself if you're not mentally deficient enough to have problems with a simple video game
lel. I see this a lot on /v/.
>>
>>318115951
shut the fuck up. jesus christ.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00001.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00001.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
>>318102807
>>
>>318118883
>EUIV

Hola Reddit!
>>
>>318118936
go back to your containment board /gsg/
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.