[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Halo 5 doing? Are the population and community decent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1416270539501.png (403 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1416270539501.png
403 KB, 800x750
How is Halo 5 doing? Are the population and community decent? Buying the console with Halo 5 tomorrow.
>>
Populaltion seems fine as of right now. Community is full of quitting faggots who ruin games.
>>
>>318099963
Sounds like normal. Just watched this video by Halo follower and he made me think the game was dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyFIbl9BP0
>>
>>318099863
youll have no problems finding games. prepare for fun
>>
>>318099863
The online community is eternal on halo.
>>
>>318100165
>Just watched this video by Halo follower
Well there's your problem retard
>>
>>318102230
dont follow ecelebs too much
whats wrong with this channel?
>>
>>318099963
This. Especially in big team where 343 removed join in progress just because of some complaining faggots
>>
>>318102541
It's full of lies, fake rumors and speculation.
>>
>>318102647
They removed it because no one wants it and people went out of their way to manipulate searching to avoid it.
>>
>>318102907
I want it back
>>
File: 1373700127021.png (294 KB, 834x1200) Image search: [Google]
1373700127021.png
294 KB, 834x1200
>>318102907
Why though?
>>
bought mine yesterday, didnt start with halo but with forza horizon. pretty fun.
have halo battlecunt and forza
>>
>>318103316
It's just the way the game is. You play a series of individual matchmade games rather than a persistent server, so why join a game that's 1/2 or 3/4 done(on the losing team) when you can join a fresh game and play for longer before you need to queue again.
>>
The population is fine.
I checked earlier today and it was the 5th most played game on the X1 behind Blops 3, Battlefront, and Destiny.

As long as the game can continue to deliver constant free updates that add a significant amount, the population will stay healthy enough.
However. it will never come close to challenging COD.
Call of Duty cracked the casual code back in 2007 and has held on to the masses since.
Halo is at the end of the day too slow, difficult, and doesn't reward enough for progression through and dedicataion to the game. Skill-based ranks nobody wants. They don't like ranking down. They only like going up.

343 realized this and tried to model the game more after COD with Halo 4 and we saw how that worked out.
With Halo 5 their plan has been instead to grab at the E-Sports crowd but the problem there is that only the most popular games in their genre stay relevant in E-Sports.

The moral is that Halo needs to cater to their dedicated fan base and nobody else, because nobody else is interested in anything but the campaign at this point, and while that's not Halo's, or even 343's fault, it's still reality.

The time in the sun is over. And if we're to be honest. It's been over for a while. You still have the name, the brand, and the legacy, but you're past the prime point of relevance.

TL;DR if they stay smart, 343 can keep the game population high with free content updates, but they're never going to see the game rise to levels of 300,000+ players ever again because the masses don't care about Halo multiplayer anymore and trying to win over uninterested individuals could cause more damage than good.
>>
>>318100165
I got 5 minutes in and had to switch it off.

The faggot spouted so much factually incorrect information and then proceeded to lay out how he thinks things should go.
Embarrassing.

I also love how he always says "here at halo follower" as if it's not just him and 1 other guy doing the editing.
>>
>>318102541
He's literally the ringleader of a Ponzi scheme and knows next to nothing about Halo. If you want decent Halo stuff then at least watch someone that is somewhat tolerable like RUL.
>>
>>318100165
This faggot just spent 7 minutes trying to say that the majority of the Halo playerbase when it was at its peak were veteran players. That isn't the case for any game. The majority of any playerbase are casuals who move to whatever is the most popular thing.

Also, why does he Fucking talk like that?
He sounds like constantly trying to hold back a laugh and is keeping a stern over-serious voice to hold it in.
>>
File: Plasma shitter.png (946 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Plasma shitter.png
946 KB, 1920x1080
This fucking thing is more useless than the fucking Pro pipe every time I get it I get rekt. Fuck it.
>>
>>318106171
They purposely toned down almost all power weapons in 5 and I kind of like it.

The sword blinds the user.
The caster is very situational.
The Hydra needs to catch someone off guard.
The fuel rod slows its projectile speed the further it travels.
The railgun's launch and reload time is now extraordinarily long.

It often keeps scrubs from picking them up and only the good players grab them.
>>
>>318106171
Dude this thing rapes if you just spam it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.