[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Borderlands any good? My only experience with it is /y/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Borderlandscover.jpg (106 KB, 340x432) Image search: [Google]
Borderlandscover.jpg
106 KB, 340x432
Is Borderlands any good? My only experience with it is /y/.
>>
Not really, its essentially just fps diablo with some dank e-culture references
>>
>>318099636
its shit
>>
File: weapon scaling.jpg (72 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
weapon scaling.jpg
72 KB, 543x600
first one had better loot system and backstory. the game is also scales enemies and weapons really well.

second one does everything better but loot system is ass and writing is filled with bad memes everywhere. enemies and weapons have retarded scaling.

example: in borderlands 1, good guns are balanced by being very rare but you can find them from anywhere. even in shops.

in borderlands 2, good guns only drop from specific enemies that you have to keep farming by reloading your game over and over. currency is absolutely useless.

also in borderlands 2, they removed guns that were in the first game, which makes no sense when they brag about having a bazillion guns.
>>
the only real criticism for borderlands 1 is that it is not very story-driven. You beat it and you say to yourself "it's over already?"
>>
Here's all the gun types they removed for no reason.
>>
>>318100581
Is Atlus kill?
>>
>>318100810
Yeah, the idea behind it is that Hyperion ran them out of business or something.
>>
>>318099636
Second one is better imho. At least if you plan on playing like a normal person, ie. you follow story and do some side quests instead of min-maxing your char. Idk anything about the weapon scaling and drops bullshit because it doesn't matter if you are just playing the game for fun. I had few good weapon drops and they carried me through the game just ok. It also has much better actual story and characters, especially the villain is imho awesome and drives the entire campaign. Very enjoyable game, some object to popculture/eculture references I though they were funny and not very forced. The first one bored me to death tho, there is no story no reason to move forward it really felt like there was no point to playing it.
>>
>>318100329
What makes 2s loot even more worthless is they give away gold box keys so you dont have to do anything.

Just load a save, dupe the keys, open the box in the town till you get shit hot gear.
>>
File: 1448310231409.png (737 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1448310231409.png
737 KB, 500x636
I enjoyed the first one more.

Still, i have 70 hours into the second one and im still playing because you have to play it three times to "comeplete it" and just after playing it three times you can do the cool DLC and shit.

One is not really story driven, two is saturated with story and dialogue down the throat
>>
>>318101482
Also, if you're going to play the second one post steam link and i'll play with you.
Im desperate, this game fucking sucks, i hate it so much, but is still fun to play and i enjoy playing with friends, but all of them left the game because it fucking sucks.
>>
>>318101098
Hyperion filled the power vacuum Atlas left on Pandora. It was the whole private military going tits up, another battalion going AWOL and the resulting boycott by those on Pandora after all that shit went down.
>>
BL2 is the best but the fact you need to you need to go through the story 3 or 4 times in order to complete it is annoying. You've got 0-28 easy, 29-50 vault hunter, 51-72 ultimate vault hunter.. And then there's the reset for OP8..

Basically, just play through story mode and have fun unless you can be fucked grinding for ages to play the same content slightly scaled and harder.
>>
>>318099636
i got it on sale and tried playing it again. got bored again after a few hours again. character progression is shit tier mmo 3% to damage talents.
>>
>>318101958
Don't forget that in UVHM you have to constantly regrind for the same loot that's a higher level and your leveling slows to a crawl. So you really have to do UVHM several times over.
>>
>>318101482
I played through once and finished DLC no problem. The only thing you will miss are the raid bosses because you need higher level from completing true vaulthunter mode.
>>
>>318102125

When UVHM came out, I dropped Axton and maimed Krieg so hear wasn't terribly important. Just needed a Rough Rider shield, magic missile and Blood axe rampage.

Buzzards were fun but just use a Teapot.
>>
>>318100329
>first one had better loot system and backstory. the game is also scales enemies and weapons really well.
>
>second one does everything better but loot system is ass and writing is filled with bad memes everywhere. enemies and weapons have retarded scaling.

This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.