[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question. Was the DS the greatest handheld of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: DS games.jpg (906 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
DS games.jpg
906 KB, 1530x1530
Serious question.

Was the DS the greatest handheld of all time?
>>
No, that would be the Neo Geo Pocket
>>
>>318098519
It had great third party games.
But Nintendo ones weren't very good.
Like, in your image there already are most of the best ones, and I'd argue that BIS and NSMB don't belong there.
>>
>tfw own a DS
>havent played a half of those games in OPs image
>still love it

its the only handheld i ever owned but its great. the only aspect the psp is better at is the ability to emulate a lot of platforms.
>>
>>318098519
What's the Jap game on the top row?
>>
Wouldn't that be the 3DS considering it can play all DS games?
>>
>>318098903
its some rhythm game
like elite beat agents ive heard
dont know the name though
>>
>>318099101
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
>>
>>318099013
But DS can play all GBA games.

>>318098903
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Japanese version of Elite Beat Agents pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjY_mFS60g
>>
>>318099013
or a laptop computer for the same reason?
sorry to own you so harshly, but its pretty obvious we meant the ds's library
>>
>>318099101

it's called OUEEEEEENDAAAAANNNNNNNN

it's not like "elite beat agent", it's the original elite beat agent, with proper glorious J-POP instead of shit like YMCA and madonna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2QwYztsuAw
>>
>>318098519
GBA's library was superior and its games didn't have to rely on gimmicks.
>>
The forced touch screen gimmick was shit, the GBA SP is the pinnacle of handheld gaming
>>
File: EO3.png (2 MB, 875x960) Image search: [Google]
EO3.png
2 MB, 875x960
>>318098519
Absolutely. It has one of the greatest libraries of all time as well, hands down. At least top 3.

And you're missing the game the DS was made for in your image, but it's ok I forgive you OP
>>
>>318099589
Good thing the DS can play every single GBA game then
>>
3DS desu family
>>
>>318098519
ZX>>>ZXA
>>
>>318100027
>pirate and his harem
Now I want to play some Guilty Gear.
>>
3ds cause it has its own games and it can play those games
>>
Hotel Dusk is on it, so it's automatically the GOAT.
>>
>>318100027
Good taste. Went to 3 right after finishing IV, and I have to say I see why people consider it the series peak.
>>
If you consider the DS+GBA catalogue, then it did have the best library. That's a better set of games than 3DS+DS for sure. Shame it never quite actually achieved its potential. I remember there being a hack that ran DOS, meaning it could have run pre-windows 95 games.
>>
>>318102159
DS+GBA is better than 3DS+DS
>>
File: EO3P.jpg (341 KB, 1140x960) Image search: [Google]
EO3P.jpg
341 KB, 1140x960
>>318102603
I started with 4 too. I really was not expecting to like 3 more but by the end I really appreciated it on a much greater level. I still think 4 gets unfairly treated, all the games are fantastic.

I hope 5 comes out someday
>>
Pretty much.

Both handhelds this gen together > all the home consoles but that's not saying much at all really.
>>
>no Chinatown Wars
That's my favorite ds game and favorite GTA game
>>
Not just handheld but probably best console of last gen.
>>
>people unironically believe the 3DS is better than the DS

What kind of brain poison have these people been drinking?
>>
>>318104351
no one's claiming 3ds games are better than ds games. they're saying the 3ds is better since it can play all ds games plus 3ds games
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.