[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can agree that the original Contra is the greatest run and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Contra.png (321 KB, 4096x3840) Image search: [Google]
Contra.png
321 KB, 4096x3840
We can agree that the original Contra is the greatest run and gun of all time?
>>
That's not Metal Slug 3, anon.
>>
That's not Broforce.
>>
That's not Sunset Riders.
>>
>>318094989
Ugh, no thank you. I played that shit when it was free on Steam for like a week and it was garbage.

I need to get into this genre still but Broforce was hot shit.
>>
>>318095261
In fact, the game depicted in OP's image (Contra's NES port) is pretty good for a beginner.
You should try that one.
>>
That´s not Contra IV anon
>>
>>318095649

Poor quality bait, man.

Getting back on topic, I loved Contra, it's a great game but I don't think it's the best example of Run and gun.
>>
>>318094617
The objectively best run 'n guns are Alien Soldier, Contra Hard Corps, and Metal Slug X.
>>
>>318096037
How in the fuck am I baiting?
Anon wants a game to get into the genre, and NES Contra isn't an impossible (for a beginner) one like 3 or the Metal Slug games.
>>
>>318096213
NIGGA STOP BAITING ME
>>
>>318094617
Super Contra >= Hard Corps > literally everything else.
>>
>>318094617
The fact that Contra 3 exists proves you wrong.

It is not even that Contra 3 is the best run and gun game, it's that it is easily way the fuck better than 1 and Super C
>>
>>318096828
for you
>>
>>318094617
Nah, but it certainly holds up well.
>>
You spelt Gunstar Heroes wrong
>>
>>318097713
QUIT NAGGING AT ME
>>
>>318097713
*Gunstar Super Heroes
FTFY
>>
>>318094617
that's not bionic commando
>>
>>318098146
>that shitty thunder blade stage
>that shitty Flicky stage
>Golden Silver doesn't do anything
No.
>>
>>318098525
>Better combat
>better graphics
>Better than the horrible megadrive soundchip
Yes anon, accept it
>>
>>318098749
>GBA sound card
>not sounding worse than glorious FM Synth
You on drugs again son?
>>
>>318098146
>>318098749
Shit tastes confirmed.

Thanks god that the Genesis didn't have mode 7, so Castlevania and Contra didn't suffer from shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>318095649
I second this. Contra is not only just challenging enough to teach you the fundamentals, but it's also really fun when you know what you're doing. It's probably one of the easiest games to get to the point where you can beat the game without dying.
>>
>>318094617
I'd have to say that Contra 4 is now what I consider the best Contra of all time. It's one of the few games that I could stand to play on the DS. It also came with the original NES Contra that you could unlock and play.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.