[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just snagged Witcher 3 for $20.00 with no experience on the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 292x414
Just snagged Witcher 3 for $20.00 with no experience on the last two, only looking at quick lore videos.
>What should I expect?
>Did I fuck up?
>>
>>318094353
>buys game
>asks what to expect

Why is this a thing? Just play the damn game, nigger.
>>
No

See that mountain? you can climb it
>>
>>318094353
$20
where'd you get it for that much? It's $30 on steam atm
>>
>>318095421
Being a coupon whore gets you far in life.
>>
>>318094353
Shit game.
You'll be bored within 2 hours.

The game is about searching for Ciri for most of the game (fedex everywhere), story is short, characters are bland.
Quests are repetitve as hell, all you have to do is following the "magical red track" with your witcher sense (that's as easy as it sounds, ass creed tier), and as for battles, it's all about going in circles and throw a magic spell.
You've got three or four types of foes, then it's all about reskins. Lock-on is awfull, but you'll need it or else Gerald will literally attack the ennemy he chose.

Artificial difficulty at its dumbest, thanks to the open-world and the non-existent lvl-design. You can face a 5lvl wolf, kill it with a single blow, then face a motherfucking beast at lvl 25 only three steps away. "Hey, here's a vast and beautiful world, but don't go free-roam under any circumstance."
You'll die because you didn't follow the navigation system on your mini-map. Mini-map that totally kill every bit of feeling of exploration.

That's it. That's all you'll have to do.
Not to mention the game's bugged, the controls are awfull (riding horse is a joke, and even on his feet your character can't make a simple u-turn), and the items and menus are a complete mess.

enjoy anon
>>
You play as Geralt in his quest of fucking wenches

Also some monsters in the way.
>>
>>318096662
You will need a bigger bait.jpg
>>
>>318096662
lies, just play it and see anon the game is great. Don't let fagets kill if you, just play it for 3 hours at least to give it a change and blow you the fuck out
>>
Just get the fuck off /v/ and play it before you're buzzkilled by shitposters
>>
You should play the other two at least once to understand Geralt and the characters

The characters are the tits. Fun as fuck. The plot is intriguing and best waifu is obvious as her red hair.
>>
>>318096996
It's good for learning about Zoltan, Dandelion, and Triss among a few others, but the main characters don't even appear in the other games. They're certainly worth playing, but can still be skipped since 3 is the best anyway.

Also, Triss is really ugly in TW3. Shit waifu.
>>
>>318094353

If you're concerned about not understanding the story don't even worry. I recommended this game to my casual friend, he first complained about the difficulty for 10 hours then next thing I know he's near 100%'d the whole thing and he's quoting NPCs out the ass.

If you like open world, hack and slash and medieval settings you're good to go.
>>
Fun

A decent story with interesting characters

10% combat, 30% running around, 60% cutscenes/dialogue

Gwent
>>
As far as open worlds, I think it looks the nicest. Yeah, there are invisible walls and it's not one entire open world, but it's still more believable than every open world game taking place in a valley or on an island.

It did reduce some detail, I still say Flotsam from TW2 looks nicer than any open world game forest, but TW3 still did pretty good for being open world.
>>
>>318096895
It isn't.
The game is just bad.
I think I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor more than W3. Still a shit game, but at least combats were kinda fun.
>>
Enjoy playing one of the best games out there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.