[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is Wolfenstein? Considering picking it up on the steam sale.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
How good is Wolfenstein?
Considering picking it up on the steam sale.
>>
It's pretty amazing.
>>
>tfw no reverse-wolfenstein where you are a nazi über soldat
>>
>>318093313
It's as close to old school FPS as a modern FPS can get.

I enjoyed it very much.
>>
I wish the level were a bit more open, but it's still a great game.
>>
>>318093313
s'alright
the double barrel sucks though
>>
>>318093313
really good fps. it's kind of racist against Germans though.
>>
>>318093313
It's great.
>>
>>318093313
solid game
>>
Fantastic gunplay.

Play on uber, it feels like the game was balanced for that first. Everything below is hold w + m1 to win.
>>
Solid game with SERIOUS optimization problems.
>>
it's great, dual-wielding ARs is awesome

only game I've regretted pirating
>>
>>318095706
Yeah except the fucking shotgun guys. They are way too dangerous compared to everything else.

The Old Blood got the balance right which I feel was a bit lacking in TNO
>>318095804
I never had any problems, but then again my pc is a monster
>>
>>318093313
Easily one of the best first person shooters to come out in years
>>
Good game, surprisingly good story.

Fuck shotgun guys on Uber though. I can't even look at one without losing most of my health near instantly.
>>
>>318093313

>Modern take on old school shooter
>amazing armor and gun designs
>good music, aesthetics, etc
>game kinda feels like Inglorious Basterds at some points, but I feel it was all in good fun
>good pacing. Go from trenches to shooting lasers at nazis on the moon.
>seriously those nazi uniforms look slick af

The only good singleplayer FPS I've played in a long time. Stealth was kinda generic and simple but rewarding. PC port is fucking awful and you better get used to fluctuating between 20-40 fps because the texture streaming is horribly optimized. Also the secret futuristic jew tech story was pretty retarded, and of course every nazi in the game will be inhumanely evil.

Worth every penny
>>
>>318093313
Got it last night , game is fun but the guns sound/feel super light so far. Anybody else notice that or is it just me?
>>
My personal GOTY for last year

New Blood is pretty good, but the second half is weak despite giving off RTCW vibes
>>
>>318096590
It felt rushed, and course it was easier when the zombies came.. I'd rather fight 500 zombies than a single shotgun soldier any day. It was pretty spoopy though.
>>
>>318096023
People with Titans and i7 fucking suffer framerate drops while guys with a FX-4300 and a 660 run it perfectly, shit's weird, man
>>
>>318096467
I don't know. Except for monsters like Bubi, Frau Engel and Deathshead himself, the germans didn't feel like comically evil stereotypes. Also, the guy who joined the rebels.
>>
>>318097648
i literally have had zero issues on my 660ti and eventually my 970 memecard + i7
>>
>>318093313
it basically the game where we play as a bad guy in the /pol/ paradise
>>
>>318093313
It's a bad FPS, but a fun game.

If you usually play on harder difficulties, you're going to be disappointed towards the end of the game.
>>
>>318095804
This. The game has Fallout 4-tier optimization with a lot of graphical artifacting unless you really mess with settings.
>>
>>318095225
Serious Sam 3 exists, so that's wrong.
>>
>>318098082
Kekd
>>
>>318095706
I played it on Uber and I legit feel I had a much worse experience. It basically turns into Call of Duty (and read on before you quote that and only respond to it) because you die so fast that you have to shoot for a few seconds, get in cover, pop out, cover, pop out, cover. Thats exactly COD but you dont regenerate all the health.I had much more fun when I turned down the difficulty.
>>
>>318093313
I liked it hopefully more triple A studios make old school shooters like it
>>
File: 37220678492.png (52 KB, 685x548) Image search: [Google]
37220678492.png
52 KB, 685x548
Can I run it?
>>
>>318099823
Yep.
>>
>>318093313
One of the best FPS games I have played in quite a while. The gameplay is fun as fuck, it has some great bosses, the story is dumb and it knows it and the OST is so good holy shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0JeHkq3GY .
Also the inner monologues by Blazkowicz as you go through are perfect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci08R8YoXFA .
>>
>>318100398
I think the story is certainly dumb but its played straight and it has actual characters. So its good.
>>
>>318101018
I think it works as a dumb story because I can't see it any other way when its about killing future nazis, especially on the moon.
>>
File: 1438660002948.jpg (49 KB, 421x422) Image search: [Google]
1438660002948.jpg
49 KB, 421x422
>thinking about getting the $16 Xbone Bundle
>over 70gb install for both games combined
>>
>>318093313
One of the best FPSs made in the 21st century that just runs like garbage. I blame Bethesda.
>>
Generic modern fps with a shit story.
Portraying Nazis as stupid comic villains.
>>
>>318101690
Its not generic, its well defined and unique when compared to the gameplay mechanics of similar first person shooter single player games.
>>
>>318101690
haha, yeah. Poor fucking nazis.

It's a great game, OP. Story is dumb but well presented,and the shootybang is top notch. The expansion was also fantastic.
>>
It's no Return to Castle Wolfenstien, but it's pretty great. AI has some issues but it's fun to fight.
Kinda salty about the lack of Mecha-Hitler, and there's not much supernatural stuff outside of Old Blood, but it's good.
>>
>>318095548
You can't be "racist" against germans, "german" is not a race.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.