[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For me, as a person that have never played any Elder Scrolls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: bestthrow.gif (2 MB, 299x303) Image search: [Google]
bestthrow.gif
2 MB, 299x303
For me, as a person that have never played any Elder Scrolls game other than early beta of ESO, what should I buy between Oblivion or Skyrim? I live in Norway, so the landscape isn't exactly a selling point for Skyrim.
>>
>>318087320
Morrowind.
>>
>>318087471
Care to give som reasoning to that?
>>
Morrowind
>>
>>318087547
The series went to shit after it
>>
>>318087320
Skyrim of course.
>>
>>318087320
Go for Morrowind or Skyrim. Morrowind if you don't mind the common complaints, Skyrim if you're a filthy casual. Play Oblivion only if you want more.
>>
>>318087320
Best world building and use of lore out of the most recent Beth games.
>>
>>318089419
For Morrowind I mean, sorry I'm drunk
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (236 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
236 KB, 960x720
>>318087320
Morrowind has the best RPG elements but worst/least-satisfying combat.
Skyrim is basically the flipside of that, and best visuals.
Oblivion has the most/best mods (granted they aren't dead) and a so-bad-it's-good face editor, pic-related.

Series basically amounts to Fallout without guns, but if you dig high-fantasy with open expectations you might get something out of it.
>>
>>318089961
*almost forgot, Oblivion has the worst level-scaling too, so mod that out.
>>
>>318089961
You're overselling Skyrim's combat here. It's just as unsatisfying as Morrowind. Probably more so since enemies don't even react to your hits.
>>
>>318090534
They really didn't in Morrowind either, and at least Oblivion/Skyrim doesn't have miss chance.
>>
>>318090534
>>318090774
They both suck for different reasons and I wouldn't even compare them.
>>
>>318090774
Miss chance isn't a downside
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.