[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when am I supposed to start feeling sorry for the Institute?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: 4444235.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4444235.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
So when am I supposed to start feeling sorry for the Institute? My son keeps going on and on about "you just don't understand. People say mean things about us but it's all untrue!"

He literally just sent me to defend a synth farmer with a family after they took away the real farmer, because experiments. Literally killing innocent people benefits mankind, how? This shit's retarded. Is it ever explained? I can't tell if they're intentionally written this way or if it's just bad writing.
>>
>>318075974

You just don't understand.
>>
You cannot comprehend our motives
>>
>>318075974
You just don't understand.
>>
Bethesda writing.

If they weren't a bunch of monkeys on typewriters, they could have explained the Institute as a kind of crazy, but coldly logical, evolution of mankind, unifying humanity through synthesis. Like the Reapers, but without the retarded logic.

But no, they just say, "You don't understand!" while never explaining it, even if it is evil, at least put their oil pumper in the right place.
>>
Why isn't he black?
>>
the answer to everything is:

join the railroad
>>
>>318077293
>>318077382
>>318077634
Get out of here synths!
>>
>>318075974
"Our motive are beyond comprehension."
-Commander Shephard
>>
File: ScreenShot10.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot10.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318078235
>railroad
>joining the SFW of Wasteland
>MUH SYNTHS ARE PEOPLE TOO!
Purged those scum and never looked back.
>>
Come to think of it - Do they ever even mention what the ultimate goal behind making synths was? What is the Institute even after/trying to achieve in the big picture?

Did I miss some crucial dialogue or is it simply "LOL Bethesda" sub par writing?
>>
>>318078971
>or is it simply "LOL Bethesda" sub par writing?
you nailed it
>>
>>318078454
Democracy is NON-NEGOTIABLE!
>>
>>318079104
This Liberty Prime gets it.
>>
>>318078454
that's a nice suite
which one is it?
>>
>>318080003
X-01 aka APA
And classic Enclave paint but for some reason the mod is gone from nexus.
>>
>not pretending you're a space marine whose sole mission is to purge heresy
>>
>LMAO ROBOTS
>Why are you making robots?
>MUFUGGIN UHHHHHHH
>>
Is fallout on sale anywhere? ps4 version.
>>
>>318081030
If you buy a PC you can get fallout for free :DDD

Why are people buying games for more then 20 bucks
>>
File: 1448453903618.jpg (554 KB, 969x915) Image search: [Google]
1448453903618.jpg
554 KB, 969x915
>institute replaces a few people
>everyone's scared

>downtown Boston is littered with hundreds of thousands of gore bags from the super mutants
>no one even mentions them
>>
File: ScreenShot90.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot90.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Time to meet dad for the first time, I KNOW ILL SHOW HIM A CLONE ROBOT ABOMINATION OF WHAT HE THINKS I AM JUST TO FUCK WITH HIM
>BTW you're nothing but an experiment to me. I could have just had some coursers teleport you to us but I wanted to see if you could last against raiders and shit.

Shaun died when the bombs fell
>>
"Lets give our mops complex feelings and emotions just like us, for the lols!" Yeah I'd assume Shaun wanted you to be the leader of the institute because you were sane. You'd stop them from doing pointless shit and actually make them start fixing the waste instead of sitting around underground with their thumbs up their dicks teaching the wall sockets how to process joy.
>>
>>318081391
This, thats why I blew his head off. Especially after he said the mother was collateral damage.
>>
>>318081665
He never knew his mother, how can you be attached to someone you literally never knew or had the time to build memories with? He was young enough not to have any memories of his mom. That part you can rationalize, but the rest of him was a dumbass.
>>
>>318081113
>Why are people buying games for more then 20 bucks
I'm not. I'm curious if it's on sale. Do you happen to know?
>>
>>318078286
"So, you're saying I'm poor!?"
-Sovereign
>>
>>318081386
desu the abducting of the local population for experiment occurred WAY back before either your son or you take over the institute

it feels as though under shaun the institute is making a less inhumane approach to the commonwealth, and the institute is only as bad as it's director

also, destroying a literal utopia because "muh synths" seems a tad too far

on the one hand I want to join the institute because of "muh son" and it's scientific advances that are decades ahead of the rest of America at this time.

But on the other I want to join to BOS because the institute simply has such a low regard for the commonwealth and views it as "beyond saving". yet the BOS are technoservatives and would refuse to embrace new scientific advancement, hording the old and destroying said utopia for stability. Coupled with their anti- ghoul/synth/ mutant views I simply can't reconcile with them. But destroying them I also can't reconcile with after watching BOS power armor patrols in action and vertibirds helping protect the wastes

altogether it's
>institute for local advances and utopian ideals

or
>BOS for mutant killing, weaponised safety at the expense of new technology and stability

I just can't pick between the two
>>
>>318081862
Must IRL orphans eventually go through a phase where they try to find out who their parents were. Realisitically? Shaun should have either hated his parents for letting the world get fucked or wanted to meet them just to know what they were like
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-27 17-29-52-06.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-27 17-29-52-06.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1080
>>318075974
I always choose the most technologically advanced faction in RPGs. Even thought I dont agree with some of Institute's points, they really look cool
>>
>>318082016
BoS is so fucking retarded though
They are almost identical to Space Marines in their culture, which only fits if your enemies are even more insane
>>
>>318082242
how do you get institute power armor?
>>
>>318081862
He was also young enough to have his eardrums permanently ruptured and rendered him deaf for life by the gunfire of the pistol right beside his head in that metallic vault room. But we'll just overlook that masterwork of writing.
>>
>>318082467
Choose Institute ending.
>>
File: Big Jeremy Corbyn.jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
Big Jeremy Corbyn.jpg
6 KB, 284x177
>>318075974
Are you playing as Jeremy Corbyn?
>>
>>318082467
you can paint X-01 to Institute colors after beating the game with Institute
>>
>>318082269
exactly

those space marines can protect the wastes and wasteland society, but is it worth it if they also go around destroying futuristic utopias and killing off/destroying those that have better technology then they do?

but is it also worth destroying said space marines to aid said Utopias which are fairly selfish and won't help protect wasteland society, but they themselves are the closest to "normal" pre-war societal ideals in advancement and success?

>>318082467
you can pick some up at the glowing sea in one of the bunkers

only the top half though
>>
>>318078971

They're slaves and infiltrators. Duh.
>>
File: ScreenShot61.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot61.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Common Wealth leaders get together form a government, Institute has a Courser kill all of them.
>Entire settlements murdered to pieces because they have some tech the Institute wants. These were all dirt farmers who would probably have just traded it away for a little food and water. Or hell, easily been scared off.
>Institute is literally killing and replacing people with Synths. There is one random event where a Synth tells you that he was sent by the Institute to kill and replace someone if you speech check him.
>All the scientists are quirky asshats who have never actually stepped foot topside and even their fucking leader only does it once you meet him.
>They literally kill anyone who sprouts a brain cell and decides they want to leave the Institute and become part of the real world, regardless of motives or if they are synths or human.
>Same group that killed your wife and abducted your kid, just to turn him into a shit eating moron who doesnt give a fuck about his family

There is not a single redeeming feature for the Institute.
>>
>>318082467
>>318082610
most reliable way to get a X-01 is the top of Court 35 building. You need to be at least level 34 though
>>
>>318078971
pretty sure the aim for synths vaired from manual labour, security and eventually political control and subterfuge over wasteland societies, but only to protect the institute from said societies.

Well, that's what they say anyway
>>
your son isnt actually the old man, hes just another synth to trick you to work for him.
you werent in cryo for 60 years after the abduction, it was actually ~10 years.
the child that approaches you at the end of every route is your real child
>>
Is it just me or are there too many Fusion Cores laying around? I'm pretty sure I can spend all my time in a power suit and never run out
>>
>>318075974
>Father: "I'm your son"
BRAVO
>>
>>318082665
>factions kill other people in order to further their agenda

that's like something railroad or BoS do in a heartbeat if they knew it would suit their purpose
>>
>>318078454
What's wrong with safe for work?
>>
>>318082665
all of those atrocities occur pre-shaun directorate.

it can be argued that under a human director the institute's experiments would be less immoral, and what we see under shaun is a fairly benign, if not passive institute

also you could argue moral grey area
>abducting people to cure FEV
>replacing said people with synths to make sure wastelanders don't try and murderise the institute
>people that leave the institute pose a threat to all those inside, the greater good
>pre-shaun directorate
>>
>>318082867
he malfunctions when you first see him

also, kellog has those implants which means his lifespan is artificial
>>
>>318083056
#humane
>>
File: 1447972459370.gif (952 KB, 230x181) Image search: [Google]
1447972459370.gif
952 KB, 230x181
>>318082867
Is this true?
>>
>>318082784
>>318082610
>>318082548
>>318082539
Thanks. I got the X-01 already, but didn't notice any new paint options.
>>
>>318078235
BOS route:
>fetch quest with danse
>fetch quest for BOS x1 billion
>build liberty prime
>destroy railroad
>destroy institute
minutemen route:
>generic quests for commonwealth x1 billion
>build castle
>defend castle
>destroy institute
institute route:
>fetch quest with niggernator
>attack bunker hill
>fetch the mcguffin
>destroy railroad
>destroy BOS
railroad route:
>walk through bunker hill
>see institute
literally nothing
>>
>>318083014
It was supose to be SJW
>>
>>318082991
Thing is, the BOS at least has a good motive behind their sins. Institute literally exists just to run experiments on people with no real end game in mind
>>318083056
There is no redeeming features to the Institute, not a single one. So lets look at Shaun

>Tells you to your face you're nothing but a fucking experiment to him
>Tells to your face that you wife was nothing but collateral damage to him
>First time you meet him, he throws your robot son in your face just to fuck with you.
>Even the Institute itself is nothing to him, he wnats to make you a leader just to run another experiment on his own fucking people

They are literally like New Vegas BIG EMPTY expansion, but instead of being comic relief- they are a serious faction
>>
>>318083113
thats not the same shaun.
>>
Moralfag here, can anyone tell me which faction will cause the least suffering in the wasteland? I'm talking immediate results, not which faction is a bet for a better future, but which faction ensures a better future right now.
>>
>>318083460
Railroad. They are literally protective shell tier
>>
File: 1447018451232.jpg (37 KB, 374x460) Image search: [Google]
1447018451232.jpg
37 KB, 374x460
>>318083460
this desu
>>
>>318083331
the danse and minutemen fetch quests are radiant quests and can be ignored

I know because I have literally spent 200 hours doing said fetch quests before having them re-loop back over and over

you have been warned
>>
They want to kill off humanity above ground so that they can eventually resurface and rebuild society. You're supposed to feel sorry because they have only the best intentions for the world. Synths will take over the above ground so they can set the foundation for the new world, then the Institute will surface and complete the job.
>>
>>318083460
minutemen for sure.
spoilers ahead if you care
you dont touch railroad and bos ignores you, they even let you save most institute people
>>
>>318083598
The only outcome for this is that the robots rebel against their creators since they have free will
>>
>>318083056
>all of those atrocities occur pre-shaun directorate.
He's done nothing to stop the ongoing morally reprehensible experiments or make things right to anybody they've effected.

He's 100% complicit in their behavior and probably would've continued to use captain crunch for decades if he could.

>abducting people to cure FEV
If they were abducting raiders? You could argue they were doing the right thing, but they probably kidnapped anybody.

>replacing said people with synths to make sure wastelanders don't try and murderise the institute
They wouldn't, couldn't do a thing to the institute. In fact, if the institute handed out meds and had security synths instead of kidnappers and kill everything unrecognized bots, they wouldn't need to fear the above ground civil people.

>people that leave the institute pose a threat to all those inside, the greater good
Maybe people wouldn't leave if they didn't have to kill their sense of right and wrong to continue working.
>>
>>318082016
I feel the same way. Institute and BoS are too far extreme, Railroad are kekels, and Minutemen are pointless. I was hoping for an option to take control of the Institute and at least have one dialogue option about how I would temper their "evil science" ways a bit.
>>
>>318082867
Yeah except Shaun gives you a holotape explaining that the kid is a synth made to believe you're his father and that he wants you to give him the life he could never have
>>
>>318081386
>>downtown Boston is littered with hundreds of thousands of gore bags from the super mutants
Did they really just recycle this from FO3?
>>
>>318083460
Sixty-second Boys by a long shot. They care about the Commonwealth's people because they are those people.. BoS aren't awful either, but they don't approve of Ghouls or good Synths. Railroad does jack shit for the common man, and I don't have to explain the Institute.
>>
>>318083885
wow what a fucking faggot.
>here have a toaster
>>
>>318083460
BOS from a gameplay perspective

the constant verti-bir patrols and boots on the ground are a welcome sight after spending countless hours on me lonesome going through literal meatgrinders

>>318083415
You eventually get a heart-to-heart with shaun after a few quests.

It becomes more of a bonding period not a re-union session after a while and although Shauns quite cold towards you he also confesses in a few sentences afterwards that he's spent over 60 years trying to deal with the loss of his father and mother and therefore that is why he seems a little cold

literally a few sentences after "she was collateral damage"
>>
>>318083774
Except they dont. Self awareness is a malfunction. All theyd have to do is send a Courser to deactivate them and return them. The Gen 1 and 2 synths especially have no self awareness aside for like 2 lines they mutter in combat which could be interpreted as preset dialouge installed by the institute to scare combatants.
>>
>>318083460
Only the Institute means bad news for everybody in the wasteland. They despise the wasteland and wish to destroy it and replace it with their own master-race of enslaved robots. Like the Master, but without the FEV.

The Brotherhood of Steel would be a nice thing for the whole commonwealth if they hadn't reverted to savage xenophobia over the last decade. As it stands, they're the Space Marines now: only humans allowed, kill everything else. Every single ghoul included. And then horde all the technology so nobody can benefit from it.

The Railroad technically isn't trying to help your average settler, but they're also not going out of their way to hurt them either. All they care about is defeating the Institute and freeing enslaved robot people.

The Minutemen are just pure good. They're here to look out for your fellow man and that's all there is to it. They protect settlements from raiders, Super Mutants, whatever invasion happens, their job is just to rise up and stop the attack, and then go back to their regular lives. No major impact on the world at all in the long term, just making it an easier place to survive in.
>>
>The Institute are the big bad Boogeymen that everyone fears when literally 90% of the human population ia Raiders and Gunners, which are literally just Raiders in combat armor
>>
>>318078043
Honestly, why not just go the Soma route? Say the synths/institute are trying to encapsulate the human mind, into a computer database which makes a semi-bionic copy of someone who will live long past the original "host". All for the greater good or what ever.
>>
What are the endgame rewards of factions? not the radiant quests but actual things you get after end quest
>>
>>318083460
Literally all the Minutemen care about is helping the random settlers across the Commonwealth, to the detriment of no one but raiders and monsters. The Railroad want to help the Synths, and don't give a shit about any humans. The BoS want to eradicate all Super Mutants, Ghouls, etc (which could help people out, but might be bad if you think of Ghouls as people). The Institute doesn't have any short-term good; all of their positives lie far in the future.
>>
>>318084308
There are none
>>
>>318083929
but the 36000 millisecond men also are horribly fragile, impotent and just about survive by luck and or...well luck

you know something's a bit off about them when they use scrap-built mortars to take down a Militarised blimp

it's the equivalent of Somali's using a speed boat full of TNT in order to sink a battleship

it works, but you know in the long run the BOS are coming back to give you a shit slapping
>>
>>318084308
bos gives you a jetpack
minutemen gives you a sweet jacket and one of the best settlement locations ruined by a fiddle and a faggot every 3 minutes.
i cant remember if the institute gave you anything and i havent finished railroad yet
>>
>>318084312
The Minutemen + the Railroad together is probably the best in the short-term for the Commonwealth. The Railroad gets the Institute synth problem under control by freeing them from suffering and slavery and giving them their lives.

Then, the Minutemen sort out the good from the bad. Doesn't matter if you're a synth or not, if you're a raider the Minutemen will stop you.

It's a solid symbiosis, the Railroad gives the Synths the chance to choose their own life, and the Minutemen will put them down if they fuck up, just like any other asshole in the Commonwealth that tries to harm the innocent
>>
>>318082534
IT JUST WERKS
>>
>>318084308
Bos lets you keep sweet verti-bird patrols and BOS foot patrols

Institute gives you best power-armor in the game and introduces friendly synth patrols into the commonwealth

Railroad...no idea

Minutemen get increased patrols and that's about it really

gameplay wise I would recommend the BOS or institute as the patrols come in real handy sometimes
>>
>>318083460
Minutemen are the good guys/people who inflicts least casualty to other factions and have the noblest goal

BoS is kinda like a totalitarian state, they keep the order but they do not treat other people well

Railroad is literally irrelevant for the people other than institute
>>
>>318082784
Do you know where to get x-01 arms? I found two suits but both were missing the arms
>>
>>318084550
>bos gives you a jetpack
?
>>
>>318084886

It's the jetpack mod for the power armor. You can make it yourself with 4 Armorer and 4 Science!
>>
>>318084886
its a high level mod for a powerarmor
>>
>>318084832
go to glowing sea and look for the army bunker there

it should have the top half of the x-01 at the bottom floor of it
>>
>>318084832
check every spawnpoint of X-01 and hope for the best. I found the whole armor at Court 35
>>
>>318084886
>>318084973
I made it myself, literally a shit reward >>318082242

also people forgot the mention that superb gun which synth shaun makes for you
>>
>>318084785
Is it just me or do literally all the vertibird patrols crash and burn? The Knights will survive but every single vertibird iv ever seen in those patrol drops will explode killing the pilot and any scribes/ non - power armored knights
>>
>>318085035
Never heard of court 35 but I'll Google it thanks
>>
>>318075974
>join institute
>kill railroad
>kill BoS
>game over

What the fuck there were no nukes
>>
>Play the game with no crafting skills
>Suddenly the loot system is 100 times better
>>
>>318085213
most cases, if the verti-birds hang around populated areas they'll hang around in the air and gatling gun until everything's dead before performing a landing.

But as there is literally always one raider somewhere near where the vert-bird is it will never land and eventually blows up, catapulting the BOS soldiers to the ground..who then commence their patrols
>>
>>318085032
Is that the bunker underneath the small cabin? The bunker itself is maybe 4 stories tall and has a few synths inside?
>>
>>318083993
Hence why the best way to deal with Shaun is to put a bullet in his head the second he opens his cunt mouth to claim the death of your wife was "collateral damage"
>>
>>31808538
I thought the same thing. Apparently that nuke is the explotion which destroys the Institute in other endings. That was kind of a fake spoilers
>>
>>318084987
>>318084973
Oh. I thought you meant a non-power armored one.

I made that myself. Shit reward.
>>
>>318085524
yeah that one

has an elevator at the bottom which takes you back to the top again
>>
>>318085386
meant for >>318085605
>>
>>318083926
They're different models shithead.
>>
>>318085386
There was no need to nuke anything as part of the institute.
>>
>>318085485
Ahh okay. Explains why iv only seen one or two make an actual landing and that was to the south of the map where things are more sparse
>>
File: 2015-11-14_00073.jpg (383 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-14_00073.jpg
383 KB, 1920x1080
>>318075974
Understand this, faggot.
>>
>>318085540
it was just an experiment bro
>>
>>318078043

>it was the best of synths

>it was the blurst of synths
>>
>>318085669
Yea I found it. Unfortunately same deal. X-01 but no arms. Just legs torso and helm
>>
>>318085708
>>318085749
Fuck. How to nuke commonwealth?
>>
>>318083331
>railroad route:
>>walk through bunker hill
>>see institute
>literally nothing
You haven't done the railroad path, have you?

Anyway, the entire story is fucking retarded anyway.
>HURR THE ONLY PATH IS TO SLAUGHTER THE OTHER FACTIONS
God, Bethsda seriously needs some proper writers

Imagine a fallout game with
>Bethesda world design/exploration
>Obsidian character and story
if only..
>>
>>318084785
do you lose that guy who is your ally from BOS if you side with the institute?
>>
>>318085857
>filthy wastelander pleb fails to understand enlightened institute values and brings death to the institute and all those inside like the savage he is
>complains when said institute mistreated commonwealth citizens and treated them like savages

self-forfilling prophecy eh?
>>
>>318080178
The guy got banned for putting a bunch of nazi mods up
>>
File: Fallout4_2015_11_26_22_41_05_485.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2015_11_26_22_41_05_485.jpg
422 KB, 1920x1080
>>318083460
Join the Minutemen, bomb everyone else
>>
File: Kleinkryptapl.png (124 KB, 248x225) Image search: [Google]
Kleinkryptapl.png
124 KB, 248x225
>institute is supposed to be super high tech
>can't even upload your son's memories into a synth, yet Big Mountain can put entire brains into robots
>>
>>318086010
>You haven't done the railroad path
not yet, i've just grabbed the mcguffin for the institute, pretty pissed that they forced me to kill BOS for no reason
>>
>>318084312
Wait.. the BOS wants to eradicate ghouls? Not just feral ghouls but the thinking ghouls like Hancock? Fuck that shit man.
>>
>>318086145
>they got guy banned for nazi mods
Amazing Nexus. Just fucking amazing.\
They defend nude mods like there is no tomorrow?
But nazi re-texture? Noo, that's bad.
Hypocrite cunts.
>>
>>318086080
I believe so
>>318086179
>join minutemen and watch the entire faction implode once you die
>join minutemen and jihad a piece of high-tech militarised aircraft with scrap mortars with no comprehension of the future consequences of declaring war on a highly advanced military
organisation
kek
>>
File: ScreenShot189.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot189.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318086179
The only correct answer

also

>Taking that abomination home with you
>>
>>318085927
>He thought the meme spoiler was true.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A DUMBASS.
>>
>>318078971
>>318079034
They made it clear the goal is to eventually replace humanity with synths. You retards want to criticize Bethesda writing for being shit, yet you can't comprehend it - what does that say about you?
>>
>>318086487
>having 'screenshot saved' show up IN the screenshot

Holy fuck Badthesda pls
>>
>>318086374
Anything that's not pure human needs to die according to BoS
EVERY ghoul, EVERY synth and everyone that owns technology.
They're literally Space marines
>>
File: 3384028053.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
3384028053.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>Get Curie a synth body
>Romance the shit out of her
>Consider her the purest thing in the wasteland
>Railroad say every other faction will kill her cos she's a synth except the White Genociders and them, the hippies

What do I do?
>>
>>318086374
yep the eastern Brotherhood of steel has radicalised it's ideals to almost fascist disdain for lesser races that borders on enclave values, while at the same time expanding it's borders and strength

basically it's become a more agreeable enclave 2.0

meanwhile the western BOS is getting raped by the NCR
>>
>>318086480
>join minutemen and watch the entire faction implode once you die
Maybe, maybe not
>join minutemen and jihad a piece of high-tech militarised aircraft with scrap mortars with no comprehension of the future consequences of declaring war on a highly advanced military
Bring it on, Brotherfucker

>>318086487
>Taking that abomination home with you
My time with Nick made me fond of synths
>>
File: 377160_2015-11-27_00002.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
377160_2015-11-27_00002.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I asked my waifu Curie what she thought about capturing that synth raider on the boat. She said he deserved to be recaptured.

So we went to war.
>>
>>318086597
and they are PNG by default for whatever reason.
i dont blame people for not coverting them
>>
>>318078454

>Missing on the best paint scheme in the game
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1367x1532) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1367x1532
>mfw finally reading that thing deacon gave me
>>
What does making synths have to do with redefining mankind? The Institute don't even regard synths as sentient creatures, despite the fact that entities like McDonough can develop self awareness.
>>
>>318075974
How did your son got his tan from staying underground under artificial lights for 70 years?
>>
>>318086721
you know it in your heart

the minutemen post game are literally fucked
>>
>>318085389

How true is this?

Also, how hard is it to make a Demolitions expert? Putting grenades in people's pockets and whatnot. Basically sneaking and blowing shit up.
>>
>>318085902

You stupid monkey
>>
>>318085857
no gore or blood mod?
>>
>>318086738
>best pain scheme
I already have with, check the screen from my post.
>>
>>318086730
PNG is good retard
>>
>>318086826
because you got keked
>>
File: ScreenShot191.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot191.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318086597
It usually doesn't show up in the screens, it's just because I was machine gun screen shotting
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-27 02-56-30-41.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-27 02-56-30-41.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318086179
>>318086487
how did you you kill BoS with the minutement? They only require to kill Institute
>>
>>318086919

>Modded shit that replaces vanilla schemes
>>
>>318083331
>minutemen route:

Or if you REALLY want to make the world a better place, piss off the BoS so you can destroy them too.
>>
>>318086925
for vectors, definetly.
but for pictures like these where jpg artifacts cant be noticed if you dont look for them.
learn when to use which format
>>
Institute 4 life son!!!
>>
>>318086834
You know I was allied with the BoS because I knew they could bring the Institute down until what happened with Danse and their inexplicably massacre of the Railroad, at that moment I declared war on every faction besides the MM
>>
Can you explore the wasteland after using the nuke? Does it change anything?
>>
>>318087001
be hostile towards the brotherhood and make them hostile towards you and the optional quest begins
>>
>>318087016
>not using Enclave PA with Enclave Paint
You deserve to be purged synth lover.
>>
>>318087039
Mate PNG is objectively superior. You can modify it after the fact. If it gave you JPG's you would get even shittier pictures after you post them in web-friendly formats.
You don't fucking record in lossy formats.
>>
>>318087114
boston gets a huge pothole, thats all
>>
File: ScreenShot165.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot165.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318087001
>Require

All threats to my Common Wealth must be purged. Go shoot up the airport, maybe put a slug in Maxon's head then go talk to Preston
>>
>>318075974
Why do these NPCs look worse than Skyrim
They look like they're made of plastic
>>
File: Fallout4_2015_11_27_02_16_56_520.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2015_11_27_02_16_56_520.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
>>318087001
Well you need to be enemies with them, and I really really liked Maxson's jacket, so..
>>
>>318086547
>They made it clear the goal is to eventually replace humanity with synths

So they destroy the commonwealth union attempt when they could control it because...

They expect synths to perfectly replace a human, but treat their gen 3s as Mr.Handys as if a person wouldn't think and want to rebel because?
>>
File: ftfy.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ftfy.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>318086925
Look at the file sizes on those, boyo. PNG isn't the best file type for every occasion, turns out.
>>
>>318087276
>and I really really liked Maxson's jacket
Joker pls go
>>
File: laughing asian man.jpg (7 KB, 260x160) Image search: [Google]
laughing asian man.jpg
7 KB, 260x160
>people actually took the synth version of their son with them
>>
>>318087068
agreed
>>
File: ScreenShot7.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot7.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>318087203
how autistic are you?
who in the right mind would notice any quality loss in a fallout 4 screenshot?
>>
File: USS Constitution.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
USS Constitution.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>318087418
Not the guy you repplied to but you posted a terrible example though
>>
>>318083862
How are they pointless? They Minutemen have been protecting the commonweath for a fucking century, before shit got fucked and they dispersed.

They were doing a good job at maintaining everything, and it works. Everyone are farmers, but are soldiers at a moment notice and are horde together to defend neighboring communities.

I'd take communist farmers any fucking day than the fascist BoS.

>BoS Taxing free settlers without representation
>BoS unlawfully requisitioning free settlers land and crops.
>BoS forcibly acquisitioning technology from everyone. Nobody deserves tech, not even if its used to light up your house. Only them.

Minuteman is the only way.
>>
>>318087354

I did by accident.
It makes no sense the BoS would let me.
>>
>>318087446
TRIGGERED
DELETE THIS
>>
>>318087446
>not jumping on
>>
>>318087492
cause you can see the artifacts really clearly in the dark area?
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-25 17-56-09-02.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-25 17-56-09-02.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>318087039
This.
>>
Is there a list of all outfits and hats that can be modified with ballistic weave?
>>
>>318075974
It's a metaphore for the islamification of Germany
>>
>>318087231
I wish I had the patience to build settlements, yours is pretty cool my MinuteBrother
>>318087590
There are artifacts everywere, just download photoshop and convert the PNG to a good quality JPEG and nobody will notice a difference
>>
>>318087556
>BoS taking shit

They're raiders (or are suppose to be), you think they give a shit?
>>
>All these people not joining the Brotherhood
>Not purging the Commonwealth of non-human scum

You are all as bad as necromancers.
>>
>>318087039
>>318087673
Storing in PNG
Posting in JPG
Know the fucking difference
It's like saving FLAC's for archival and converting them to mp3's to listen to
>>
>>318087354
I sided with the railroad but I wanted nothing to do with that little freak. I felt slightly hypocritical, but really I just wanted to stop the production of synthetic lifeforms.
>>
>>318087778

>Joining a bunch of organized raiders in Powered Armor

No, all raiders needs to be purged.
>>
>>318087778

Ghouls are fine.
>>
>>318087774
>you think they give a shit?
Obviously not. Well, they're paying for it.
>>
>>318087757
>just download photoshop and convert the PNG to a good quality JPEG
fuck that, they are FALLOUT 4 screenshots, im not submitting them for a couple of artsy judges who will give me a billion bux for posting a perfect vidya screenshot.
>>
>>318087814
>>318087757
>>318087418
>niggers not knowing that lossless jpegs exist
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-25 15-19-00-73.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-25 15-19-00-73.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1080
I spent 100 hours in the game, finished with Nuclear Family, cleared everything on my map and did every major sidequest other than Silver Shroud and USS but I havent see Curie yet..

Does Curie dissapear when you side with institute? I havent checked her location yet
>>
>>318075974

With the way the institute council reacted when Shaun said he wanted me to take his place, I was really expecting the directorate to turn on me once Shaun died and say something like "Hey we know he said he wanted you to lead, but we're going to do things our way and we need you out of the picture. Having you take out the railroad and the brotherhood was just a convenience you provided and now we have to tie up one last loose end." Then I'd be imprisoned or attacked from there I dunno. Somehow I'd have to escape the facility and then find a way to fight the institute from outside without the help of the other factions.

It's sloppy, but it would've given a lot of weight to the shitty decisions I made and it would've been a great character arc. I was so wrapped up in finding my son that when I found him running the institute I didn't think twice about wiping out the organizations that ultimately helped get me to the institute in the first place. Killing all of my friends in the railroad was a big emotional weight on my character and the institute turning on me after that would've multiplied that weight.

I just feel like there was so much potential there, but no. Plus once you're the leader of the institute *everything* feels so empty. Why bother completing those sidequests to help the little people? Don't I have responsibilities as the leader?
>>
>>318087990
Did you do the Vault 81 quest?
>>
>>318087990
Have you found vault 81?
>>
>>318087231
>already freed Danse from the Brotherhood
>go shoot Maxson in the fucking face with a shotgun because he deserves it
>Danse is now hostile

fuck everything
>>
>>318087954
You're right, but you can't deny your JPEGs look like shit
>>318087963
It's common knowledge, but it gets big as fuck and it's unnecessary in this context
>>
>>318086641
No one actually gives a shit if your follower is a synth
>>
>>318087990
If you really must know.

You find her at vault 81 where there is a plague running around and they send you into an abandoned part of the vault. She's at the end of the vault and joins your team.
>>
File: ScreenShot122.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot122.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318087778
>Join BOS
>They ask me to bully farmers into giving them food
>Purge BOS

You fucks are a bunch of power armor wielding raiders. Even the Atom Cats are better than you.

>>318087757
It takes a special kind of autism.

>>318087860
>Siding with the railroad
Watch out Anon, you better not be shooting anyone. You've never considered how your gun feels about having to kill people!!
>>
>siding with a faction that LITERALLY gets fucked in the ass by a fucking sewer pipe
>>
>>318088082

Did you do it after the quest was over?
>>
>>318088091
not as big as pngs
>>
>>318088082
I did the same thing, Danse is not hostile but he doesn't talk to me anymore.
>>
>>318088091
>but you can't deny your JPEGs look like shit
i cant deny that, but i dont really care cause i used a batch converter to minimize effort
>>
>>318088057
>>318088069
>>318088116
is this about that lost kitty? and I was thinking why there were no quests on the Vault
>>
>>318088193
Still big and unnecessary, I don't think anyone's gonna print this page
>>
>>318088163
>ask to bully farmers into giving them food

Or you know, you could just pay them like a non-sociopath. Why did you automatically think you had to steal them? Are you by any chance black?
>>
>>318087446
>Flying a vehicle into a building.

Seems like the guys at Bethesda forgot to never forget.
>>
Why can't I bring my Waifu Cait into the institute?

I have to drag my ass to the surface to Talk with her.
>>
>>318088301
If you save the lost kitty, it will open up the side quest for getting Curie.
>>
>>318088301
sit outside the vault for 24 hours
>>
>>318088301
The sidequest unlocks another sidequest

>>318088302
Meh
>>
>institute wants me to go give seeds to a farmer
>dude realized mr farm daddy is a synth
>can't out him as a synth and kill him
>>
>>318088338

Even then the fuckers take over the settlement.
>>
>>318088301
Do the kitty quest, turn it in, leave the vault for a few hours and then come back
>>
>>318088301
It triggers when you enter into the medical office, and they talk about a sick child and a guy talks about mole rats. Don't even know how it happens, it just does.
>>
>>318088163
It's beautiful, I wish settlements would develop themselves without my efforts, like a natural thing so I would only work out on details. I have no impulse to do it otherwise
>>
>>318087746
Idk, but theres a mod on nexus called Armorsmith Extended that allows you to add weave to a lot of the outfits that don't allow it.

I used it to add ballistic weave to the synth institute white uniform. It breaks helmets a little since it allows them to also have ballistic weave as well. Just depends on how you view it, I guess.
>>
>>318088440
that doesn't actually do anything as far as I can tell though

it's not like the settlers die and are replaced with brotherhood soldiers or anything
>>
>>318088082
there's a lot of stupid moments.
>go find synth danse in listening post
>convince him to live because muh friend
>walk outside to see pissed off maxson
>charisma isn't good enough to convince him
>decide that maxson is a prick and i'll just kill him before he can kill danse
>one shot maxson in the head but danse falls over dead too
wut
>>
How would the Institute feel about humans hooking up with synths?
>>
Do any of the followers actually do or say anything if they are opposed to the faction you end the game with? Like, I saw video of Piper talking to the player immediately after finishing the game with the Institute, and she just said, "Why the fuck did you join the Insititute? You know what they do." The player responded, "Is there no way for me to convince you that I did the right thing?" to which she responded, "No." Then it was over and Piper's dialogue acted like nothing happened.
>>
>>318088542
Japanese detected
>>
>>318088513
>that doesn't actually do anything as far as I can tell though

If I recall, you can't build or acquire resources there anymore.
>>
>>318088542
>implying those nerds at the institute didn't fuck robots
>>
File: The Waifu Age.png (3 MB, 1599x1001) Image search: [Google]
The Waifu Age.png
3 MB, 1599x1001
>>318088542
>>
>>318075974
Don't worry OP, they do experiments for the good of mankind!
if you look on one of the institute terminals, it's says after the short run of the experiment is complete, they're to deactivate the synth father and wipe out the whole farm, killing everyone
>>
>>318088379
>>318088396
>>318088410
>>318088453
>>318088456
at last I can put my white X-01 to use, ty
>>
>>318087778
Gtfo brotherfucker
>>
>>318088542
One of the institute guys has a literal synth waifu replica of his dead wife.
>>
>shoot up bunker hill on the vertibird
>piper goes hostile
>shes following me all over shooting at me
>>
>>318088542
like a slave owner watching an überhuman hooking up with a nigger
>>
>>318088440

So? They need someone to protect them. How is that any different from the Minutemen?
>>
How does FO4's BoS compare to Tactics'?
>>
>>318088338
>Open conversation
>Speech check for supplies
>"Yeah you can have our supplies, but don't think I don't see whats going on here"

You are literally threatening to kill them unless they support the brotherhood.
>>
>>318088540

Because lol scripts
>>
Do any followers leave or anything depending on how you finish the main story?
>>
>>318081391
>mfw if you piss him off, he'll send Synth death squads after you every 10 minutes until you do the last quest and put a bullet between his eyes
>>
how do I have make danse my follower and kill bos?
>>
>>318088561
Piper was so smitten with me that she didn't give a shit that we both slaughtered BoS and the Railroad together.
>>
>>318088749
Danse don't talk to me anymore because I killed Maxston. He still lives in Sanctuary, though
>>
>>318088765
convince him to live
convince arthur "only 20 years old" maxson that its ok to be an abomination
>>
>>318088749
I killed both railroad and BoS followers during raiding them
>>
>>318086010
You only have to destroy the institute, that's all I did.
The railroad still want me to beat up on the BOS though, they clearly didn't see it as an eventuality that I wouldn't destroy the prydwen, because they talk as if the BoS are a shattered shell of a faction, while the airship and optimus prime are like right outside.
>>
>I'm suppose to feel bad for someone I don't know who is a jumped up little facist when I tell him to fuck off.
Honestly the choices are kind of retarded. Do you still have to destroy both the BoS and Institute in the Minutemen ending? Both those options are honestly bad for the wasteland.
>>
>>318088764
>Attack the Institute
>he never shows up

I aint get it
>>
>>318088868
can I go on a killing spree on bos after that?
>>
Who
/dogmeat/
here
Lone wanderer masterrace
>>
>>318088929
danse probably wont talk to you afterwards
>>
>>318088913
if you havent aggro BoS yet, you dont have to kill them with Minutemen
>>
>>318083268
No, there's a synth child Shaun that you can take with you at the end of the game. He has a little questline that gets you the Wazer Wifle.
>>
>>318088985

Understandably since you basically killed all his buddies.
>>
>>318083460
Minutemen.
Depending on how you've played, you only have to destroy the institute and can issue an evacuation order before you nuke them.
BOS and Railroad both expect you to kill the other.

Depending on how you've played the M&Ms may expect you to bomb the prydwen, I gather, but I never had to.
>>
>>318088950
I disabled that Mutt
>>
>>318088749
I had to kill Deacon and Danse for the Institute ending. oh well
>>
>>318088985
any mod to fix?

>>318089051
how do i make sure that I don't have to bomb the prydwen
>>
>>318089110
i think a console command can make anyone your companion
>>
>>318086108
this is the reason I didn't kill everyone in the institute
>>
>>318086641
Nobody cares about curie. Take her to the BoS ship. They just say "nice robot"
All synths are manufactured using your sons DNA, Curie is your granddaughter
>>
>>318089110

>how do i make sure that I don't have to bomb the prydwen

Just don't piss off the BoS any further to the point where they're all hostile.
>>
>>318088749
Dance was on the blimp when I started the battle against the brotherhood and he showed up during the fight. RIP Danse
>>
>>318082665
Thinking an old man would care about a mother and father he never met. The fact he even gave one of his parents a chance at a new life was far beyond anything he had to do.

>There is not a single redeeming feature for the Institute.

Ignoring the amazing tech they have, the director decides the future of the Institute and as the current director i have already killed two scientists that where going to seal off the food section and let everyone starve because "who is the guy, why is he leader"

Holy shit, start a fucking vote. Don't threaten to let everyone starve. Felt good convincing black scientist that "they where going to let everyone starve, they need to be killed"

Also that Roslin chick that upgraded the reactor and makes all the new generations guns makes digaling go tingalin
>>
>>318089246
alright
>>
I rather live in luxury underground hole with my robot maids serving me 24/7 instead of killing Raider collecting caps on the wasteland
>>
>>318088749
Niggernator dies if you blow up the Institute
>>
>>318086641
Join the institute. Once you're director just make more advanced synths until the synths are actually sentient and do whatever the hell you want.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.