[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOG Sale - BG, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, ...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: D&D-GEMS.jpg (219 KB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
D&D-GEMS.jpg
219 KB, 1100x1080
Should I buy this?

I never played any of those, because I grew up with JRPGs and not with CRPGs. Seems like the perfect chance to catch these games up, but I don't know if they are still enjoyable in 2015?
I don't even know if I like CRPGs in general but I definitely want to try at least one of those games sometime.

There are also Enhanced Editions of BG1+2 and Icewind Dale out there, should I better go for that?
>>
>>318074650
>buying exes
>not even owning a license

Why not just pirate it? Want to support the next console port CDPR shits out?
>>
Enhanced Editions are medioce because they are just the originals with some essential/non-essential mods at a higher pricetag.

If you want to get into CRPGs buy the pack there.
>>
>>318076471
Also: If you don't want to waste 20 bucks in fear of not liking the genre at all just grab Baldurs Gate 2. It is the most accessable of all.
>>
I bought a similar pack myself about two years ago.

Then I started playing BG1, realized it was actually shit, and dropped it. Then I tried to play Planescape, went through at least two hours of literal wordswordswords, and when I finally got to combat it was fucking awful as well.

I forgot about the rest of them. At least I didn't lose too much money.
>>
>>318074650
Just download them for free on piratebay
>>
>>318077080
Bad introduction games.

Planescape is the Visual Novel of CRPGs - Lots of words and nothing else.

And the first Baldur's Gate is simply a lackluster in everything. If you see someone praising BG its always about BG2.
>>
>>318077348
BG1 may not be perfect but it's still far better than modern RPGs like Witcher3 or whatever.
>>
CRPGs are archaic, beardy and extremely nerdy; but they are rewarding, challenging, and very meaty, and packed with loads of dialogue and lore.

That's about as best I can describe them. I personally don't enjoy them.
>>
File: Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1080
>>318074650
You should, yes.
>tfw 10 years without a decent D&D game
>tfw Sword Coast Legends turned out to be absolutely disgusting
>>
It isn't that much money, but personally I could never get into crpgs. I tried several but I never really got into the whole group thing.
I love RPGs where I play a single person preferably from frist person.
I should try a pirated version of a good one before you by them all on a whim. Maybe it isn't your taste.
>>
>>318074650
Do not buy enhanced editions, overpriced pieces of shit with mods on them.

I say give it a go, if you like how they look and are up for a real role playing experience, I can't see how you wouldn't have fun. Save often.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.