[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ you're my only hope.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Long story short, I've got a roomate who only plays shitty shooters OFFLINE, we've got a PS3 and Xbox 360 between us, and he wants to play a "new" game when we get back together when he's off from uni.

What game do I get? Puzzle, strategy and RPG are definitely not options, but other things could be considered. He almost got Black Ops 3, but then he realised that the last-gen versions have no Campaign.

I considered pic related, but I've held an interest in the series for a while and wouldn't want the first game of it that I play to be so far in the series (I don't want spoilers for classics like the first couple of games in the series).

What do?
>>
Holy shit, didn't know /v/ was this fast.
>>
MGSV is mostly disconnected from the rest of the series as a whole and what little story there is is shit. It does not at all "wrap things up" conclusively in a satisfying series end, so you shouldn't worry about that. But it's a real grind of a game and you have to repeat multiple missions to get to the end.

Is Fallout 4 within his boundaries of an acceptable game? It barely has any RPG elements anymore besides perks and stats, roleplaying is all but gone and it has very limited dialogue options.

Black Ops 3 would be perfect if you could get it on a current generation console. It's honestly pretty good for a shooter in this day and age and it has some good co-op modes.
>>
>>318075672
>MGSV is mostly disconnected from the rest of the series as a whole and what little story there is is shit. It does not at all "wrap things up" conclusively in a satisfying series end, so you shouldn't worry about that. But it's a real grind of a game and you have to repeat multiple missions to get to the end.
Hmm, that's one candidate then.

>Is Fallout 4 within his boundaries of an acceptable game? It barely has any RPG elements anymore besides perks and stats, roleplaying is all but gone and it has very limited dialogue options.
I'd hate to say it, but it's probably not. If it's at all RPG, it's a no. To make matters worse, we play with a old school "if you die, you pass on the controller rule" so I doubt Fallout would be wise for that.

>Black Ops 3 would be perfect if you could get it on a current generation console.
Yeah... that's the problem.
>>
How's the new Tomb Raider?
>>
>>318076237
It bombed in sales because it was Xbone exclusive, released at the same time as the juggernaut called Fallout 4, and used new Lara Croft.
I'm not sure how the gameplay was because no one ever talked about it.
>>
>>318076665
>it was Xbone exclusive
Well, that's ruled out.
>>
>Puzzle, strategy, and RPG are definiely not options, but other things can be considered.
What other games might he show interest in other than offline shooters?
>>
>>318077442
>What other games might he show interest in other than offline shooters?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head except for maybe racing. If you list some other stuff I might be able to give an answer.
>>
>>318077546
A really good, critically acclaimed last gen racing game is Forza Motorsport 4 (and in my opinion, it's the best Forza game).

All the new racing games are on PS4, XBO, and PC. It's difficult because cross-gen games are starting to be phased out.
>>
>>318075672
>It does not at all "wrap things up" conclusively in a satisfying series end
How the fuck would a prequel do that?
The series ended with MGS4.
>>
>>318077442
>>318077546
Oh, and naturally, anything that has a solid offline co-op is immediately preferable.
>>
>>318074639
Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
>>
>>318078609
>Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
Funnily enough, I already have it. Fighting's not his thing, even party games like Mario Kart are largely ruled out.
>>
>>318078392
It was supposed close the circle in the series and finish what little questions were left. It did none of that
>>
>>318078813
What questions were there?
The only thing MGSV solved was how Big Boss magically survived in MG1.
Series could have ended in Peace Walker, this was just an addon.
>>
>>318078690
play chess or something then because your friend is a boring bitch
>>
>>318075672
What was there to wrap up? Big boss wasnt neccasarily a bad guy and his enemies slandered him And shows how the mgs universe transformed from how It was In peacewalker to mgs4. The game play is immaculate and if the story bothers you then you can ignore it and just play it as a pmc simulator. There are enough casual mechanics to make even the worst player claw their way through the game and if he's feeling zesty he can turn it off

But it might still be too complicated for him though
>>
>>318074639
Fightan games like Street Fighter IV, Guilty Gear Xrd, Skullgirls, and Blazblue: Chronophantasma are a good start.
>>
>>318074639
Go For bulletstorm. Best shooter i played in a long time.
>>
>>318079931
>bulletstorm
>EA
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.