[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recording games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: obs.png (54 KB, 559x420) Image search: [Google]
obs.png
54 KB, 559x420
I have spent 5 hours yesterday trying to record game footage using OBS.
>I followed 4 different guides on what settings would run the best quality
>the highest I ever got the footage to be, was 360p which is straight up shit
>is there anything else that you anons know actually works for at least 720p?
thanks 4 reading
>>
>>318073401
First of all is your rig capable of recording while playing games? Specs please.
>>
recording footage and streaming footage are different.

Make sure your settings are optimized for whatever you're trying to do.

in advanced settings if you're streaming you'll want to make sure CFR is enabled. If you're just recording footage you need to use a custom 264x encoder.

Then entering in the box below that crf=x with the value of x being how much quality you want.

The ideal number is between 15-19 depending on how much processing power you have. Keep in mind the closer you get 1 the more CPU usage you get and the more strain you put on your compoota.

Assuming your CPU can handle the task determining the resolution of your recording is done in your video tab.

Set the base resolution and make sure it's not downscale.
>>
>>318073401
Is that a sharingan
>>
>>318074638
>32 gb ram
>1 tb hardrive
>960 graphics card
>1920X1080 monitor
>intel i5
>>318075515
thx i'll try now
>>318075625
that's the obs logo
>>
File: picture_1-scaled1000.png (213 KB, 509x333) Image search: [Google]
picture_1-scaled1000.png
213 KB, 509x333
>>318076341
There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

I've never brought my CRF setting below 16 or so. So when I said being closer to one is better keep in mind you don't actually want to set it to "1".

Try to imagine all data in your harddrive as you know it stopping instantaneously and every circuit in your motherboard exploding at the speed of light.
>>
File: madara.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
madara.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>318075625
Is there a video capture software better than Madara Uchiha?
>>
>>318075515
>>318077026
I'm trying it now, should I change the aspect ratio then? at my normal resolution, its still coming out fuzzy
>>
Use dxtory.
>>
>>318073401
I have good news for you.

Recording games is for fags.
>>
>>318077995
heh
>>
>>318075515
>>318076341
finally I got it to work almost perfectly clear as I see it!
>this should be 720p, thx!
I realized by doing everything you said but then also hitting properties on my scene, I had to uncheck "stretch image to screen"
>>318077995
every1 has their own opinions, I doubt you don't watch at least one person on youtube upload content on a video game you like
>>
>>318073401
30 fps. use interlacing. 720p or 480p maximum. you should keep everything native to the setup you're using i.e. don't change the aspect ratio and whatnot.
the codec matters a lot when it comes to memory overhead, but someone more qualified could explain which is best for your situation.
anyways, with the right settings you can get high quality with minimum processing power.
it's best to just use a laptop, tablet, or secondary desktop to record since OBS and other software is terribly optimized and constantly crashes regardless of your setup.
>>
>>318073401
Just use shadowplay asshole
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.