[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game has as many plot holes and inconsistencies as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: fo4.jpg (32 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
fo4.jpg
32 KB, 238x293
Does this game has as many plot holes and inconsistencies as 3 or no?

Bunch of my friends told me that the story was a hell lot better than 3, and somewhat near NV's level, though not exactly reaching it.
>>
>>318072647
>plot holes and inconsistencies

Only autists look for dumb shit like that in video games
>>
>>318072647
No, 4 just has missed opportunities. There's not many fallacies in the story, its just absurdly straightforward for an RPG. The only real thing not set in stone in the whole story is what two factions you kill and which you side with.
>>
HEY WHO ARE YOU

NO ONE I'M LOOKING FOR MY SON, I WAS FREEZED FOR 200 YEARS YOU KNOW

OK I TRUST YOU GO GET THIS POWER ARMOR

It's fucking retarded
>>
The difference is you get the impression that they at least tried this time. 3 was shit in a way where they said fuck it the point is to get it out, 4 was shit in a wow we're really not that good at this writing thing are we way.
>>
>>318072732

only fucking retards enjoy drivel
>>
>>318073647
Then why are you playing video games?

Fucking hell. Why are you reading /v/?
>>
Can you wear a suit in this game? I want to make Patrick Bateman.
>>
>>318072732
hello Todd
>>
File: 1448342356177.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448342356177.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>318072647
>the story was a hell lot better than 3
yes

>somewhat near NV's level
>acknowledging Ulysses
yes

>pretending Ulysses doesn't exist
no
>>
It's a bad game, but just as bad as FO3 was.

So if you enjoyed 3, you should enjoy this one.

I'm not saying you have low standards, i'm saying some people just see the good in complete shit.
>>
>>318072647
>The Brotherhood's entire purpose is to procure technology
>they want to destroy the most advanced piece of technology in the Commonwealth and murder the brightest minds of their generations for no good reason

yeah, it's retarded
>>
The whole system is fucked
>>
>>318073353
>>318073593
>>318073901
Did we play the same fucking game?

It has plot holes, inconsistency and straight retarded logic NON STOP.

Lets look at just ONE area for instance: The Glowing Sea.

We go there to get Vergil, the escaped institute scientist. We are told he's hiding in the Glowing Sea. We are also told that this is the PERFECT plan, as who would look for someone in the Glowing Sea?

This is so fucking dumb I barely understand how a human put pen to paper and created this. First, why would Vergil, or anyone, think this is a great hiding spot? The Institute uses fucking ROBOTS as their main army.

Second, when Vergil sees you, he says he's surprised you're not a Coursor. Now remember that Kellog was given his assassination contract BY A COURSOR. The Institute wanted to send a mostly-man into the Glowing Sea, instead of just sending 3 Coursors, or 300000000 robots.

Are they afraid of people seeing them? Get a mildly rough idea of where he is and teleport them all there. There doesn't seem to be any fucking range on their ability to teleport robots.

This is one area of the game, one mission. This kind of retarded bullshit is nonstop.
>>
>>318073901
Acknowledging Ullyses
>Good
However because players could choose to kill, join, fuck off with House. It's bad writing to in any way give the impression that one decision was/is more canon than the others.

This is the biggest Foil to large encompassing storylines, where you give players choice for major events those need to be referenced, however too drastic a difference makes a big pain in the ass to write around.
Dragon Age for example, say in Awakenings, you had the option to Kill Anders, then by logic the majority of the problems in 2 and Inquisition would never have happened. But if the game just showed him alive, its implied that not killing Anders is the correct choice and those who did were wrong.

This issue of agency clashes with writing because either Major decisions won't ever differ greatly, as you need to write an ending or They do differ greatly but are only casually and vaguely mentioned so as not to trigger someone who chose differently.

I would much rather take vague dialogue over the idea that my choices were wrong. Say if in 4 they mentioned the Courier destroyed Caesar's Legion, then this tells players who did not that they chose wrong.
>>
>>318075437
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You still got to tell your story. You're not wrong, so much as you're now playing in a game world that exists due to different choices.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DID I HAVE TO KILL RAILROAD
>>
Im currently playing Fallout 1 and how come the Lieutenant never did some autopsies or research on mutant reproduction? i mean its hilarious how the Master loses his shit when you show him that woman research about mutants being sterile.
>>
>>318072647
anyone conflicted with who to join

BOS
>high tech, care about thewastelander's plight
>but only if your human
>also techservative and wishes to preserve old tech, while destroying new tech they believe to be dangerous]
>will destroy perhaps the safest, nicest location in the commonwealth, the institute, and kill dozens of peaceful scientists to reach their goal

the institute
>slave-holder view on synthetics
>live perhaps the most peaceful and pleasant existences, free from the commonwealth's mass murders and butcheries
>just scientists doing their thing, and under your sons leadership has moved away from the inhumane experiments of the old institute era
>however, they also view the commonwealth as dead and not worth saving, completely insular and cold to said outsiders

Railroad
>nice to synths
>but to all synths, and as a result allow crazy and unhinged synths the potential to wreck havoc upon the commonwealth
>willing to destroy BOTH the BOS and institute, the most high tech and stable societies in the commonwealth, for their own personal goal
>lack the means or ends to properly stabilise the commonwealth

Minutemen
>peaceful and co-operative
>but also extremely fragile and weak, succeed by a combination of luck and.... well, luck.
>lacks the moral racism BOS has against muties or synths, or the superiority the institute has against the wastelanders
>also lacks the tech, know how or future plans
>intend to destroy BOTH the institute and BOS, the main hopes for society, to continue a back-end militia

altogether I got conflicted between the institute and the BOS. I couldn't reconcile allowing the institute to be destroyed after entering it, but while I'm out on the wasteland and I watch a vertibird drop a power armoured BOS patrol into battles I simply can't reconcile destroying that either
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.