[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT : Video games that got way more shit than they deserved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21 KB, 295x336) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21 KB, 295x336
I'll start us off with a relatively recent one.

While it was a technical blunder at launch ( and still isn't 100% functional to this day ) and had some questionable design decisions ( the bosses and the plot ), when it worked it looked great, the gunplay was super satisfying, and there were a lot of cool moments and gripping set pieces that I still remember fondly. It's not quite good enough to be a classic, but it's a good-ass survival horror game when it does it's job, and it does it for a majority of the game.
>>
File: original.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>318070530
Bought it yesterday and requested a refund today.
It runs like shit, it keeps stuttering when running at 60fps and mouse acceleration can't be disabled. Technically it's still a mess.
>>
>>318070530

Couldn't get into it at all. The story is all over the place.

You start out normal, in a hospital. Suddenly teleporting pacient, now you're in a slaughterhouse running from the butcher. Get out and it's the fucking apocalypse. Next you're in a forest actually it's a hospital actually it's in your head, oh wait you're in a village.

I don't know/care if the whole thing was in his head or someshit but there are better ways of doing that.
>>
>>318071547
Yeah, it's inconsistency on different machines is one of it's biggest faults.
>>318071623
Like I said, plot's one of the weak points. Still, I enjoyed the ride, dumb though it was.
>>
>>318070530
I agree. The story was mostly shit but some of the locations/enemies were solid and the gameplay was mindless fun.
>>
Played it on PS3 and adored it. One of my favorite games from last year and one of the very few AAA titles in the last 5 years I give half a fuck about.
>>
>>318070530
I couldnt even play it at launch becuase it crashed . Replayed it a month ago and dropped it half way through. It was just tedious and boring. Wish I could refund it
>>
I loved The Evil Within, just played it last month as my Halloween game for this year and thought it was fucking fantastic. The number of times you have to fight the bosses would be my only real complaint, particularly the second time you get chased/fight the spider bitch was the worst part and made me rage. I loved how fucked up it was, the intense pace that doesn't let up from start to finish, and how many different types of horror that were crammed in throughout. Very underrated game.
>>
>>318070530
Actually, I didn't like the gunplay much. It felt like the accuracy was fucking bonkers even on highly upgraded weapons. You didn't always hit even when you properly aimed at enemies. I mean hell I missed with a fucking shotgun at point blank once when the cursor was all over his body.

RE4 did aiming/gunplay better IMO. Never missed due to BS in that game, was always me just missing.
>>
>>318074143

RE4's gunplay is better but TEW was certainly digging deeper into survival horror territory than RE4 did. I really think it only meaningfully impacts TEW when it tries to be a full-on action game RE4 style like the first half of chaoter 6 or the construction zone in chapter 11. Those parts are obnoxious but it's maybe 15% of the game at best. I found it to be a much slower affair than RE4 in general and its gunplay, wonky as it can be, was adequate for that slower pacing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.