[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 71jUlLTTl3L._SL1380_.jpg (204 KB, 1106x1380) Image search: [Google]
71jUlLTTl3L._SL1380_.jpg
204 KB, 1106x1380
what went wrong?
>>
everything
>>
>>318068096
ranked system is flawed
aiming system still fucks lower sensitivity players over
warzone gets stale really fast with that small map pool
req system
and MOST importantly, no social playlist, wtf were they thinking.
>>
File: 1432135464016.jpg (99 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
1432135464016.jpg
99 KB, 850x637
Its pretty good though, just lacks content because 343 is dumb and doing the splatoon meme thing where they roll out more content monthly in vein attempt to keep game alive.
>>
>Microtransactions
>>
>>318068096
Locke
>>
Lack of content.
What little content there is was taken out of the base game to be released later as free DLC for the sake of positive PR.
Story that makes very little sense and relies too much on the assumption that you've read any of the books.
It doesn't even feel like a sequel to Halo 4, I felt like I had missed an entire game when I started.

I could go on, but this game is nothing but a mess, even when I expected garbage I was still disappointed.
>>
>>318068823
pretty much this. I really enjoy it tho. Bought an xbox just for this game and so far it was worth it to me.
>>
File: 343iLOGO.jpg (20 KB, 800x358) Image search: [Google]
343iLOGO.jpg
20 KB, 800x358
>>318068096
>>
mostly the campaign and social features.

lack of btb / dedicated btb maps was pretty annoying, but worth the trade imo for a good pool of smaller maps at launch. no fileshare, no forge at launch even though it looks like it will be incredible, weird UI changes (but a step up from 4)

still can't have multiple people in theater even though you can spectate, no in game clip record so recording clips from films is awkward

vertical sensitivity is basically fucked

poor playlist choices / lack of social playlists

most of these things are being ironed out, but the campaign really fell apart after like mission 7 or 8 or something.
>>
Lack of content
Shit aiming
Ranking system is fucked
Weapon balance is shit, automatics should not be effective outside of close range, if you're you go up against one you're always guaranteed to end up one shot even if you win, the higher you get in ranks the more you see people using automatics and crouching all over the place
>>
>>318069113
Ive sunk like 72 hours into it already, I was sort of waning but BTB is just too fun really. You get the same amount of Warzone assault req but dont feel bored after 3 or so roudns.
>>
>343

Basically everything.
>>
>>318069213
automatics sucks outside of smg though
>>
>>318069490
SMG and Storm Rifle are easily the best weapons in Arena, both kill faster than every weapon barring power weapons. You never need to use precision weapons on most maps because they exist.
>>
>>318069678
storm rifle leaves you at pretty big disadvantage though if you end up attracting attention because of overheat. You can easily mow down two spartans with one SMG mag if you're good about it
>>
>>318069807
If you're about to overheat you just pause for a burst. Overheat isn't a problem at all, the storm rifle is even better than the SMG.
>>
>>318068990
>microtransactions that have little to no impact on the actual game
ftfy
>>
No split screen
>>
what's wrong with the ranking system?
>>
>>318071507
he's probably just being a baby about being able to lose rank.
for example
>get to diamond 6
>lose games
>go to diamond 5
>lose more games
>go to diamond 4
>win games
>go to diamond 5
honestly i think the ranking system is pretty great. their best since 2.
>>
>>318071662
That's not what people are complaining about, you're completely off. The issue is placement matches are fucked, some playlists have a majority of the population as Onyx which makes no sense.
>>
>>318070372
Having to pay or get lucky enough to be able to use a DMR in Warzone is pretty fun.
>>
>>318072471
The game literally throws req cards at you all the time. Just sell some of the shit you don't want
>>
>>318068096
continuing the series after 3
>>
>>318072640
THIS
jesus fucking christ. warzone is shit anyways.
>>
>>318071662
Its not that, its the placement. I only won 4 of my swat matches, yet im in onyx and i only won 2 FFA matches, yet im also in onyx for that. I won 8/10 for slayer yet im only in platinum and my friend who won 7/10 is in diamond
>>
>>318072783
>implying 2 was any good

literally babbys first multiplayer FPS
>>
>>318072854
It needs VARIETY

It should have had 6 maps and 4 gamemodes at launch
>>
>>318072912
Maybe they take into consideration more than just W/L ratio for placement?
>>
>>318073056
The maps are pretty big though
>>
>>318073060
The ponly thing they take into consideration is wins and who your opponents are, meaning your placement is half chance.

So if you are beating and golds platinums but losing to diamonds, you will be platinum but you could also never be paired up against diamonds or onyx and thus miss out on being diamond or onyx if you are really good.

The rankings will reset next month I think
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.