[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Stronghold a good series. Many of the games are on sale on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41 KB, 460x215
Is Stronghold a good series.
Many of the games are on sale on Steam and they look pretty interesting. Ive never played any of the its series, and I know theres about 8 games in the series.

Which is best to start off with?
Stronghold HD?
Crusaders HD?

I see a ton of negative reviews on SC2 and S3 Gold, any advice?
>>
Stronghold is great
Stronghold: Crusader is GOAT
Stronghold: Crusader Extreme is WHY Tier
All 3D Strongholds are extremely poor, but Crusader 2 just barely passes for okay.

Quite possibly my all-time favorite castle siege/sandbox sim. I'd recommend starting at SH or SH:C, and if possible, sticking with those games. SH and SH:C have some slight but important differences, like the environments and units available. The first Stronghold and then going into Crusader is pretty much how I'd go about it, as they're both pretty good in their own way.
>>
>>318068743
Just to be clear, the only difference between Stronghold/Crusaders and their HD counterparts is just the graphics?
>>
>>318069021
Graphics, and I would assume their compatibility. The games originally came out for Windows XP, and you can get away with running it on Vista/7+, but the HD allows for widescreen view and generally a much better view of the map.
>>
File: infidel.png (101 KB, 239x237) Image search: [Google]
infidel.png
101 KB, 239x237
INFIDEEEEELL
>>
>>318069254
Thanks for the info! Miht as well get both SHD and SCHD right now for 5 dollars.

>>318069530
Babaganoosh to you too, Ahmed.
>>
>>318069758
I can't vouch that it's for everybody, but seeing how it's only $5 right now, and you were interested enough to actually look into it, this shit is probably up your alley and worth the dosh.
>>
The people loath you sire.
>>
>>318070905
The food stocks are dwindling, my liege
>>
>>318072908
People are leaving the castle!
>>
crusader has fully functional enemy AIand skirmish mode.
stronghold has the best campaign
>>
File: image.php.png (230 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.php.png
230 KB, 800x600
How do we go from this...
>>
File: 106922149.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
106922149.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>318074871
to THIS?
>>
As someone said, SH and SHC are amazing castle building sims, and have really nice single player campaigns.
Never seen RTS based game with such good infrastructure etc features.
>>
No love for Stronghold Legends? The only flaw it had was lack of content.
>>
File: DiscomfortIntensifies.png (73 KB, 328x345) Image search: [Google]
DiscomfortIntensifies.png
73 KB, 328x345
>tfw your people loath you
>>
Stick with Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader

I prefer the setting of the first but Crusader has quite a bit more stuff.

And wasn't there a 3D remake of Crusader? Anyone play it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.