[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sma5h Bros for NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24
File: meeprp.png (498 KB, 1045x660) Image search: [Google]
meeprp.png
498 KB, 1045x660
even though it's likely Sm4sh 3DS/WiiU will be combined, ported, and upgraded as a new game on the NX, what three things do you like to see in it?
>>
File: 5mash4NX.png (155 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
5mash4NX.png
155 KB, 1046x660
here's a base
>>
Switcheroo gimmick may work, although it may be better to just focus on one possibility for Ganondorf and let the placeholder keep his old moveset. Fixing Samus would also work, too. Aside from that:

> Either drop custom moves or improve them more to just "attack with slightly changed parameters".
>For example, let Mario's Down-B be either Fludd, Mario Tornado, or Ground Pound. Let Pikachu's Side-B be either Skull Bash, Iron Tail, or Bite. And so on.
>Include minor Nintendo series, like Wonderful 101 and Chibi-Robo. They need love, too.
>Alternate stages that aren't just what we would expect. We always get a Grasslands Mario stage, a jungle DK stage, a lava Metroid stage, and so on. Mix things up a bit:
>Bowser's Castle, Meltdown Mayhem, Phandrea Drifts, Mt. Silver, etc.
>More alternate costumes, like how Project M did it. At least one per character, if any.
>>
>>318067176
Switcheroo gimmick is unlikely, since Sakurai doesn't like transforming characters anymore.
>>
>>318068940
>Custom moves

On top of your suggestion, make it so that either they all have specific unlock requirements or just have them all right off the bat like Palutena.
>>
>>318070162
3DS processing held back transformations

hopefully the next game will be singular so it can incorporate transformations again.

that or the next handheld need more processing power to handle a ton of shit

i hear Sakurai doesn't want to develop Smash again if it like how Smash 4 was handled.
>>
>hainvg this much autism
Consult a doctor.
>>
File: 1448651525374.png (170 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
1448651525374.png
170 KB, 1046x660
>>318067176
>>
>>318070686
>/v/ calling others autistic
irony :\
>>
>>318067176

>literally all of that is in Project M
>taunting with ganondorf down takes out sword and keeps it out with an entire new moveset
>taunting with ganondorf left/right puts sword away if away and gives him a OOT-like moveset where he shoots beams and you can deflect it like in the final battle.
>>
>>318067176
All I want is something Eternal Darkness related
>>
>>318070952
Brawl's engine is too restricted to handle all that shit completely.

i hear you have to remove Lucario to get the Project Ganonorf PSA mod to work on Brawl/PM
>>
>>318067176
>what three things do you like to see in it?
More combo-oriented gameplay, although it shouldn't be a complete combo fest either. I don't want anything like Mahvel, where it's practically a zero-to-death thing every time. But yeah, Sakurai should totally increase hitstun to make combos more feasible. Also combos should be more than 'd-throw into [x]', or just the same aerial over and over again. Let's get creative with the combos.

Second, some kind of 'tag' stock mode where you pick a different character for each stock, and once that stock is gone, you move onto the next character. I think Project M already has something like that?

Throw-teching should be a thing. Press the grab button as an enemy grabs you to break the grab.

Characters that I want: Ridley, Wonder Red, Hades, K. Rool, Dark Samus, Ryu Hayabusa, Bayonetta, and Master Chief.

That was more than three things I wanted, but Idgaf.
>>
put a playability factor on some Assist Trophies, so the babies can shut up.

some like Helper to Hero, but not restricted on one fucking mode. in the same time, keep them off the base roster.
>>
File: 1448651525374.png (187 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
1448651525374.png
187 KB, 1046x660
>>318070716
bruh
>>
>>318071267

... where the fuck did you hear that? You just replace the ganondorf psa file.
>>
>Adventure mode
>stages based on important, recurring, or interesting areas from series, not just "first stage from most recent game" or "stage that fits the same theme that every previous stage from this series already used"
>bigger emphasis on character accuracy, go back and rework some veterans
>>
>>318072497
BronzeGreekGod said that
>>
>>318067176

>Switchiroo gimmick
>From taunt

FUCK that shit, at least Pokemon Trainer had to dedicate a special to change forms.
>>
>>318072479
I always felt that edge-hogging was the worst mechanic in melee. Everything else you want is reasonable
>>
>>318073530
edge-hogging is so much better than magnetic ledge stealing though
>>
>>318073527
>wasting a special on something useless
i rather the idea of just hold or canceling a taunt just to activate the moveset switch than making room in the specials to do it.

brawl mods did it nicely.
>>
>>318073798
Just remove the magnetic part and its fine. I always thought edge stealing was better, just have the player pop off in a place that doesn't fuck him over.
>>
>>318070432
They should just make a Custom Moves shop. There was one for trophies, so why not one for Custom Moves?
>>
I'd like for them to replace alt colors with an alt color creator for standard costumes. Just take the standard costume and edit each part of the character using a color wheel and save them.
>>
>>318068940
>Bowser's Castle
How in the fuck have they not made a Bowser's Castle stage yet?
>>
>>318074352
I wish they had this feature in more fighting games. You could customize the entire color palette for fighters in SNK vs. Capcom 2 and I thought that was the coolest thing
>>
I'd like them to utterly cripple all Fire Emblem and Earthbound characters. The people who exclusively play those characters are huge weeaboos and faggots of the highest order.
>>
>>318072657

who the fuck is bronzegeekgod?

is it the guy that made the mod?

because if it is he's fucking stupid and i just checked and lucario is still here. I literally just dragged and dropped his character moveset file over his old one.

and ive used other ganondorf moveset mods before and none of them took anything away from the game.
>>
>>318073530
My nigga, hated that shit in Melee and Brawl. Felt unfair as fuck.

I love Smash 4's ledge mechanics, I don't care who disagrees with me.

>>318071525
Oh shit, I forgot: actual alt costumes, all across the board.
>>
>>318072479
Replace edge-hogging with single air dodge and it's perfect.
>>
File: 5mash Roster.png (415 KB, 576x330) Image search: [Google]
5mash Roster.png
415 KB, 576x330
>>318067176
>3 things
Just 3? I can think of a few new things I'd want.
>smoother gameplay, not Melee-tier, but enough that everyone can enjoy, casuals and competitives, especially when fighting each other in the same room
>de-cloned Lucina
>Bowser, DK, and Diddy have actual game voices
>no equipment
>customs from in-game coin shop
>budget-priced DLC bundle packs for chars, 4 on launch, more down the line, come with one stage
>DLC alt costume packs
>fun stages
>more remixed music
>cut Smash Tour
>arcade-styled Classic again
>Adventure with MvC3-styled endings
>no more NoA jokes in Trophy Viewer, pure info
>Model Viewer
>Gallery Mode
>actual fucking Tournament Mode
>Smash mode that features alternating characters on stock
>actual Break the Targets
>Online Lobbies
>2-hour "Making Of & Fan Support" documentary a la SF 25th
The series has a lot of potential when out of Sakurai's hands.
>>
File: nx.png (265 KB, 1046x729) Image search: [Google]
nx.png
265 KB, 1046x729
>>
Ditch:
>Dark Pit
>Dr. Mario
>Jigglypuff
>Lucina
>Mii Fighters
>Roy

Retool/rework slightly/etc:
>Falco
>Little Mac
>Lucario
>Mewtwo
>Palutena
>Samus
>Toon Link

keep kirby fundamentally how he is, but i'd like some of his normals to be copy abilities from his games (like down smash -> Kirby Superstar's Mirror Split, dash attack -> Burning like Kirby's Adventure/Melee)

i'd like a 5th special move too
>>
>>318074843
The deal is that he designed 2 ganondorf movesets. One sword based one and one magic based one. The sword one is meant to go over original ganondorf while the magic one is meant to go over lucario.

I think he's planning on using one of the unused slots for magic ganon but for now you need to replace a character if you want to use both types in the same build
>>
>>318075408
oh im retarded, it's only 3 things

actually shift Jiggs to the "Retool" category, removing that thing at this point would be awkward. my wish was for it to evolve into Wigglytuff in a future installment with some new tools but thats probably reaching
>>
>>318075029
Why Blaziken? Sceptile is more requested as a Gen 3 rep and would round out starter type representation.
>>
File: bruce-lee-big-boss-47.jpg (557 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bruce-lee-big-boss-47.jpg
557 KB, 1280x960
>>318075823
Nigga's chicken Bruce Lee.
I'm a Sceptilefag myself, but I'd rather kick everything to death and air juggle the opponent rather than whack everyone with a huge pine tree ass.
>>
>>318075585
>retool jigglypuff
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Personally I would change its down-b and side-b.
>>
File: smash nx.png (401 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
smash nx.png
401 KB, 1046x660
>>318067176
>>
>>318075408
protip: sakurai nor his current dev team higher ups will never give up mii fighters nor cut characters anytime aside time constraints
>>
>>318076139
I don't know. I can't help but feel like Blaziken would end up playing too similarly to Captain Falcon.
>>
>>318076331
If Nintendo drops Miis in general then they'll be gone...but that's not gonna happen any time soon, so yeah, you're right.
>>
File: sm5shideas.jpg (273 KB, 1045x660) Image search: [Google]
sm5shideas.jpg
273 KB, 1045x660
Personally, I've made great use out of 8-player Smash and hope to see it make a return.

Also hoping for more retro characters as both Little Mac and Duck Hunt were great additions to the roster in both aesthetics and playstyle uniqueness.

Finally, I wanna see the stage builder get revamped and allow us to use assets already in the game so we could make more Nintendo-themed levels rather than just generic stage builder parts.
>>
>>318075408
>>Samus
Samus really does need a retooling. Not only is she barely anything like Samus, but she's also low-tier as fuck and has been the majority of the franchise. Mii Gunner really is practically a better Samus by this point.

Let her charge her beam in the air, Ice Beam, some other beam as another custom, give her Mii Gunner's side-smash, maybe retool her Screw Attack so that it only goes up slightly, but you get multiple jumps with it, etc.
>>
>>318076704
Also keep Little Mac as he is, but buff his recovery ffs. Just make his ledge-grab reach a little longer or something.
>>
File: 1448651525374 copy.png (506 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
1448651525374 copy.png
506 KB, 1046x660
>>318067176
>>
>>318076534
Considering their first mobile game features Miis, and they've basically become iconic since their initial unveiling in Wii Sports and subsequent follow-ups like Wii Fit and Wii Play, yeah.

Miis are staying for good.
>>
Fix the stages. There are way too many stages with useless hazards or major change-ups. Static stages with some moving parts and/or minor hazards is much better. Still keep Omega Mode though because some stages just look cool in it despite just being a reskinned FD. Hell, maybe even had a Delta Mode that changes the stage to a Battlefield version.
>>
>>318076949
>mfw Wii Sports Resort killed Wave Race
>>
Not Smash-related, but I'm curious if Nintendo will do a follow up to Nintendo Land for the NX or if they'll just drop a bunch of 1st party titles for its launch.
>>
File: warlockblade.png (39 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
warlockblade.png
39 KB, 200x133
Honestly I kinda hope they don't bother with custom moves the next game. When you really think about it, they'll just never be ideal. They can't make them fully unique and original like Palutena's because, with how big and demanding Smash's roster has gotten, that's like over 600 completely different specials they'd have to develop and balance. And thus, we just end up with cheap and tacky variations of default moves.

I do think Mii Fighters should keep their's because the core concept of Miis is customization so it makes sense for them. For Palutena I'd rather she just have Superspeed, Lightweight and Jump Glide as her default moveset out of the box.

Simiarily, as a consolation prize, if Ganondorf is never going to get a fully unique moveset I'd rather just have Warlock Blade, Dark Fists and Wizard's Dropkick as his defaults.
>>
One stage per each character. That's my main thing.
>>
>>318067176
>Game is barely over a year old and people are already wanting a new one

what a disappointment this game has been
>>
File: 1446636738845.jpg (45 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1446636738845.jpg
45 KB, 426x426
>It's a Smash NX thread
>>
>>318077503
expecting Miyamoto to pull an Zero on F-Zero next console since he thinks gimmicks=game is now fresh
>>
File: Skyloft_4.png (656 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
Skyloft_4.png
656 KB, 853x470
>>318076657

A thing I would LOVE would be to have like a way to "freeze" stages on certain areas, on those stages where there's this floating plataform that makes a tour around the map and changes every 30 seconds.

It's a real shame that there are areas so beautiful like that area in front of the goddess statue in Skyloft, or the beach in the resort one, but you can only play in said areas for so little time.

Plus, it makes for "more" stages, and most of them are even tourney viable.
>>
>>318077924
If it wasn't for the lack of Single Player content as well as the flawed Tournament Mode, this game would have a lot more longevity
>>
>4U is so shit Nintentards already want the next one
>>
>>318078037
Well they have been teasing lately thanks to those rad F-Zero tracks in MK8 along with new compositions of Mute City and Big Blue.
>>
>>318077924
i'm guessing ballot threads became so incarcerated after the poll ended and Cloud, people want to talk about something else.

that or just bored people waiting for the next patch.
>>
>>318078131
people been doing this since before the ballot started
>>
>>318075823

No he's not, nigger. Blaziken is far more popular and he's far more likely no matter whatever quota you want to fill.
>>
>>318067176
Smash NX will bring back the Ice Climbers specifically for the purpose of showing off the processing power of the new machine as opposed to whichever of the 3DS/Wii U it's replacing. Mark my words.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXlH0NmWa5Q

Top tier Pit.
>>
>>318080336
Hmm, now that I'm playing through KI:U again, honestly now I want to pick Pit up again.
>>
>>318080545
I like him, he's also one of the characters that can go extremely deep to edgeguard.
>>
>>318067176
>even though it's likely Sm4sh 3DS/WiiU will be combined, ported, and upgraded as a new game on the NX
thats not likely at all, what is likely is that the nx will be backwards compatible to play both versions. Smash 5 will come 2 years after launch
>>
>>318080791
tell me all about it nostradamus
>>
>>318080791
>Smash 5 will come 2 years after launch
that's even way more unlikely

Sakurai, Namco, HAL, or Nintendo doesn't whip up Smash games just like that.

reminder it took many years to get Brawl's base game readied and completed and Sm4sh's was way longer than that.

not to mention the time they give Sakurai to develop the base game. he actually asked for 10 years.
>>
>>318081403
the fact that the whole porting smash 4 thing started as some guy on 4chan saying "they won't drop support for smash 4" they are dropping support after Decembers content is done

>>318081532
yes so they finish and test the content they announce in December and move on to smash 5 for the nx, in no world is there anything to support a smash 4 port
>>
>>318081690
>they are dropping support after Decembers content is done

Tiers finally.
>>
>>318080791
>Smash 5 will come *during the very end of the NX's lifespan
fixed

think of all the shit they have to recreate by scratch for Smash 5. especially the budget
>>
>>318079078
Then why do I see more people requesting Sceptile than Blaziken? Plus Blaziken would add nothing new to the game. He would just end up playing very similarly to Captain Falcon. Sakurai is only going to put in unique newcomers as DLC.
>>
>>318080791
>Smash 5 will come 2 years after launch
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-explains-why-it-wont-annualise-smash-bros/1100-6429682/
>>
>>318081882
This.

In a change of pace, Smash 5 will come out way after the NX launches, unlike Melee, Brawl, and even Smash 4 to an extent.
>>
>>318081690
>they are dropping support after Decembers content is done
nope, they only said this will be the last time they'll be broadcasting news only for Smash 4.

nothing on stopping updates and content, which is all just speculation at this time.
>>
>>318082214
Also Sakurai is probably going to either want a break or to develop something else, maybe KI:U's sequel or an HD remaster/remix or something.
>>
>>318082306
Good, he can go ruin another perfectly good franchise with his egotistical bullshit
>>
>>318082603
Uprising was good tho
>>
>ported
No need to port a game to a system with backwards compatibility.
>>
Someone post ZSS butt
>>
File: Ganondorf.jpg (97 KB, 1077x680) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf.jpg
97 KB, 1077x680
>>318067176
>that #1
My fucking nigga
>>
File: THICK.jpg (59 KB, 295x257) Image search: [Google]
THICK.jpg
59 KB, 295x257
>>318083591
>>
>>318067176
Change air dodging so that it either has a cool down for like a second or so or make it like melee airdodging.

Its not even a big deal but its annoying as hell when people can get free invincibility if they're far enough off the ground.
>>
>>318067176
>all those miis
>even found/made pictures for them
jesus christ dude come on
>>
>>318067176
Since cool new characters are a given,
>tuned up gameplay
Supposedly Brawl was the way it was because Iwata wanted it playable with a Wiimote in order to accommodate the new fanbase who didn't have Gamecubes--to be fair, imagine trying to play Melee with a Wiimote; it just wouldn't work. Now, I understand that Smash has always just been about dream matches and not picking the best cartoon character that you don't care about to win money (and I enjoyed Brawl and SSB for U), but a video game should have good gameplay. As long as the NX has a normal controller, there's no more need for it to be neutered. I'm not even talking about tech and glitches; Melee's physics, hitstun and actual mechanics (air dodge system, etc.) just felt better.
>adventure/story mode
Come on, Sakurai, everything is going to be on the internet. Get over it. But even if SSE was ultimately disappointing, it hinted at something nice. If there were more emphasis on platforming and the story had less OC, instead being more of a Nintendo Project X Zone, then we'd be cooking with fire. Alternately, just do one like Melee's, only finished.
>"alt" clones
Since there likely won't be much more by way of potential hype newcomers, something that would be kind of cool to compensate would be to, instead of having alt palettes, just make a full alt and clone instead. Tweak a value or two and maybe instead of custom moves as they are now, just have them implemented in the clones' movesets. But treat them and have them be selected like alts to avoid pissing off rosterfags.

Honestly, I like playing Smash 4 with friends and I'd like to play it more on my own, but there's just not enough reason to; better gameplay would definitely be one incentive. Even Brawl had me hooked for a while, so if the single player content were better, that would be worth it as well. Add all of these things and you might just have the perfect Smash game. For me, at any rate.
>>
File: smash 4 dlc.jpg (3 MB, 2729x2061) Image search: [Google]
smash 4 dlc.jpg
3 MB, 2729x2061
>>318067176
1. snake
2. big boss
3. the man who sold the world
>>
File: yap.png (572 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
yap.png
572 KB, 1046x660
>>
>>318085852
Just play PM m8
>>
File: three smash things.png (391 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
three smash things.png
391 KB, 1046x660
>>
File: 2015-11-27 16.37.50.png (499 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27 16.37.50.png
499 KB, 1046x660
I put 3 characters, but I'd like story mode.
>>
>>318070716
I want the characters to feel strong again
>>
File: 1447120278504.jpg (74 KB, 1020x759) Image search: [Google]
1447120278504.jpg
74 KB, 1020x759
>>318082603
>Smash was his from the beginning
>Kirby under him was always good
>Meteos was good
>KI:U was good
I mean I guess I can sort of understand Smash, but again, it's not as if he just came in at Brawl.

What else did he even do that warrants such a horrible reputation? Smashfags really need to try playing something other than Smash.
>>
>>318086989
why is he crying?
and why is a pizza delivery guy in the living room?
>>
>>318087302
Is this bait?

>>318086989
It's mostly people who just play Melee exclusively that despite Sakurai.

Alot of goo changes were made in Sm4sh thank to Sakurai (no transforming character gimmick, no more tripping, 8 player smash in Wii U, Smash Run was a neat idea for 3DS but could use more fleshing out, etc.)
>>
>>318076704
samus was alright in melee and then they fucked her up for god knows what reason, she's been unplayable since brawl
>>
>>318088856
True but she was shit in 64 as well iirc

Melee was really the only game she was ever good in.

But I'm holding out. Shit, Ness had always been terrible until Smash 4, Samus might get her day again someday.
>>
File: smash5.png (413 KB, 1046x660) Image search: [Google]
smash5.png
413 KB, 1046x660
>>
>>318075029
Why cut Rosalina?
>>
MORE ZERO SUIT SAMUS
>>
>>318067176
>even though it's likely something that's never happened before will happen
What.
>>
File: Bahamut ZERO.jpg (363 KB, 790x667) Image search: [Google]
Bahamut ZERO.jpg
363 KB, 790x667
>>318091890
here you go
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.