[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, newfag here. I'm planning on building a gamingPC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (45 KB, 2000x770) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 2000x770
Hey /v/, newfag here.
I'm planning on building a gamingPC under $600.
What parts do you recommend? What are some good deals on parts this Black Friday weekend?
I plan on using an AMD CPU. Other than that, I really don't care about the brand.
>>
>>318061757
i'm amd fan but i'd say go for intel CPu and amd gpu
but still if u want amd build go for FX 8350 and r9 390/390x
>>
>>318062769
This desu senpai. I love AMD but its no secret their cpus are shit.
>>
File: CCB1zrwXIAEqoOw.jpg (43 KB, 599x578) Image search: [Google]
CCB1zrwXIAEqoOw.jpg
43 KB, 599x578
>>318061757
>AMD CPU
>>
>>318061757
Anon do NOT make the mistake that I did about 5 years ago of buying an AMD cpu. They are absolutely shite. Don't even bother building a pc if you're not gonna go intel for the cpu.

For the gpu, whatever you want is gud
>>
OP here. If you recommended an Intel CPU, should I go with an i7 or an i5? I've heard that you only really need an i5.
>>
>>318062769
this

8320 and 8350 are the only "good" AMD CPUs, everything else is dogshit. I own an fx 4100 and its shit

if you have an amd gpu make sure its at least a 270x or above

Check newegg and tiger direct for cheap black friday bundles, i think i saw a few good ones there. also go to /r/buildapc or something similar on reddit, that'll be your best bet for help desu
>>
>>318064475

i5 or i3, either 4 cores with no hyperthreading or dual core with hyperthreading, the i3 being laptop tier but since you're gaming the GPU is the most important
>>
>>318062769
this

I have amd fx 6300 and it is not so great if I could have not been an impatient faggot I would have just gotten an i5
>>
>>318061757
Really, but a PS4. Isn't it, what now, $350? At this point,you can't build a $350 PC as powerful as a PS4

Plus, you either go big or go home. You should spend AT LEAST $600 so that you can upgrade further later on instead of having to spend a shitload of money.
>>
>>318064510
desu the 8320 and 8350 aren't even good, they're old so they're cheap. People are still gaming well on Q6600's, the need for a powerful processor is a bit less since well.. the consoles are shit tier as all hell and have been for a while. They make shit to the lowest common denominator so our CPU needs haven't increased nearly as fast.
>>
File: 260x vs PS4.png (1 MB, 883x610) Image search: [Google]
260x vs PS4.png
1 MB, 883x610
>>318066879

This build is $390 and stronger than a PS4. If you factor in the fact that PS4 costs an extra $50 per year to play online, you're actually saving money with PC.

Keep in mind that the gpu here is an r9 270. Even the cheaper r7 260x would be stronger than a PS4.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XcTMsY
>>
>>318066879
>implying raw techincal specifications are the only thing you should consider

Chances are, that you can run games better with worse hardware on PC compared to PS4.

>>318061757
Don't buy an AMD CPU, just don't do it. Whatever amount of money you're saving, it's not worth it. Intel is so much better that it's absurd and I own an AMD CPU. AMD GPU is more than fine though, I prefer it over Nvidia any day.
>>
>>318067343
>If you factor in the fact that PS4 costs an extra $50 per year to play online
Why do people always grasp for straws when doing this shit?

Fuck off.
>"WELL IF YOU FACTOR A YEAR WORTH OF SUBSCRIPTION TO ANTIVIRUS™, YOU'LL SEE THAT MACS ARE SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY!"
>>
>>318067484
im on windows and don't even use antivirus and shit and I never get infected

I really think its scam
>>
>>318067484
>ANTIVIRUS
Except CS 2015 is free.
>>
>>318067484
>Why do people always grasp for straws when doing this shit?
Objective facts are reaching for straws.
>>
>>318064510
I've been looking at the 8350 too, was looking at the benching results at pc benchmark. By the way is there a 'legit' benchmarking website to go to, so I can actually figure out which processor does better?
>>
>>318067484
u mad tho
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.