[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: steam-os-bkgd-1200-80.jpg (105 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
steam-os-bkgd-1200-80.jpg
105 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: steambench.jpg (65 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
steambench.jpg
65 KB, 980x735
>>318061091
>>
>>318061091
Way too expensive for a game console
>>
Annoying shills, shitty performance, and overall lack of any practical benefits or purpose.
>>
>>318061091
Is it still in development ?
>>
>>318061610
No. steam OS is out?

>>318061502
Have people been shilling it here?
>>
>>318061091
No big games on launch
Developers are still using wrappers instead of writing GOOD OpenGL code
Wasn't released with any Vulkan game
Big Picture still isn't fully complete
GPU drivers are still terrible, especially AMD's which are worse than terrible

They still needed at least a year.
>>
it's fucking Linux and Linux is literally the no games meme incarnate.
>>
>>318062080
>N-NO GAMES
>>
>>318061889
>amd has bad drivers
So what else is new. You can shit on nvidia all you want for their past treatment of linux users at least they stepped up to the plate.
>>
>>318062320
a shit ton of games don't come out on Linux, it sucks but it's true
>>
>>318063169
And we'll never see the likes of GTA on SteamOS. It'd require an entire new PC version because SteamOS can't handle launchers in Big Picture mode. I'm surprised Fallout 4 even has a launcher since Valve and Bathesda are so close with each other
>>
File: 1448283084568.jpg (76 KB, 540x771) Image search: [Google]
1448283084568.jpg
76 KB, 540x771
>>318062320
Having actual games does matter you stupid PCfag.
But then again you probably bought a 2500 dollar pre-built to play shitty indie garbage so talking to you is useless.
>>
>>318063353
it's really a joke at this point. Valve has become so spastic that they half heartedly throw money at anything. every attemempted they have made at hardware has been a huge failure. the controller and steam box at the top of it.
>>
File: alien_controls.png (382 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
alien_controls.png
382 KB, 640x480
>>318063694
what other attempts at hardware did they have?
>steam controller is shit because it's different from what I'm used to
fear change as much as you want, it takes some time for it to overtake all your shit and become standard
pic related, it's description of currently standard widely used control scheme for FPS games
>>
>>318064356
their newest was that streaming box they made. but there is input lag over wifi, making it pointless. I had thought they had done one other thing, might be remembering wrong.
>>
>>318064356
the control scheme is not my gripe. the build quality on them was horrible. my buddy got one, it felt life if I was going to drop it, it would explode. they are also louder the my fucking keyboard. they have to play so much catch up that I've got no idea if they can even do it.
>>
>>318064523
Only pieces of hardware that Valve put together were beta steam machines (none of those currently available), Steam Link and all iterations of Steam Controller.
>input lag over wifi
are you on fucking 802.11a?
Shit works fine with 802.11g and newer
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.