[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is it? Is something like eve with proper fights or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Elite-Dangerous-Logo.png (30 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
Elite-Dangerous-Logo.png
30 KB, 660x330
So how is it? Is something like eve with proper fights or is empty shit? Is it good in multiplayer?
Can i roleplay and be a fucking badass space bounty hunter killing outlaw players?
>>
>>318058821
It's a mile wide and an inch deep. The grind is incredible, and there's no real incentive to actually do anything except for getting bigger ships and bigger guns.

Good luck finding any players, unless you go to one of the community goal locations
>>
>Is it like EVE
Predictably not. That game has an almost-completely gameplay defined economy
>>
So I heard I can gank noobs in this game unpunished, as even in the beginning system there's barely any police. Is this true? How does pvp work, is ship loss permanent?
>>
>>318059108
>It's a mile wide and an inch deep.
This.

It's basically Euro Truck Simulator in space.

You can do everything you want to do though
>>
>>318060584
If you gank noobs (Which you can totally do with impunity if you do it right), you have to do it outside range of stations, otherwise you WILL get a bounty on your head and the entire station's force will come bearing down on you, and you won't survive.
>>
>>318060720
so is empty and boring?
>>
>>318060584
Note that PvP is all "opt-in" though, unlike EVE. If someone wants to they can basically just switch off MP and fly where they want then switch it back on, even though it's always-online.

I really don't think it ended up being very good, and if you liked the emergent stuff and sandbox and all that of EVE then this is definitely not the game for you (wasn't for me anyway). If you want a more modern thing to cruise around in though (I ended up going back to FS2) then it'll fill the bill until more options come out I guess (SC and Battlescape in the next few years). I know some people seem to like it alright.
>>
If you want EVE go look at Albion online, only thing comparable.

ED is only good for the 5v5 arena pvp on PC. It's dead on the bone.
>>
>>318060919
Yeah. And it sucks because it has so much potential.
>>
>>318062368
I hope the horizon expansions add more.
>>
Combat is the only thing you can actually have fun doing, everything else is shit. Trading and exploration are tedious grinds with no depth and quests are stupid and unrewarding.

The only incentive there is, is to get more money and use that to get better at combat. Combat is fine but there's no real faction war or pvp to motivate you.

The biggest problem is that the devs only listen to to their sycophant fanbois for feedback. They think every little useless detail is amazing while totally overlooking gameplay. It's like an afterthought.

Also, it's nothing like Eve. They are two completely different games.
>>
>>318058821
It can be fun, it can be boring, it can be grindy, it can be repetitive, it can be exciting, it can be beautiful, it can be scary, it can be lonely, and it can be lively.

It's a mixed bag with the biggest gripe being not enough things to do... maybe eventually the devs can fix that... I myself am really compelled to play it despite knowing there's really no point to continue. I just like it, for some reason.
>>
>Play for a while
>Nvidia Drivers crash
>Try again
>Nvidia Drivers crash

This is literally the only game that seems to have a problem...
Anyone know how to fix?
>>
File: 1448508668068.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1448508668068.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>>318058821
It is basically Euro Truck Simulator in space.
>>
>>318063708
Downgrade your driver.
>>
>>318063798
a more shittier ETS in fact
>>
File: 1020.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1020.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
If you played the original elite, it is exactly the same game with graphics upgrade. And I mean the one from 1985, not elite:frontier from the nineties since there are no planetary landings.
>>
>get pulled out of supercruise
>fall into suns gravity
>ship is burning up
>pirate fag is shooting me
>he takes off from the sun
>ship temp is critical
>hull breaches
>systems being fried
>oh shit FSD isn't working
>boost the fuck out
>reboot and repair
>keep fighting with my ship to get it out of there
>cargo hatch flies open
>OHSHITNO.jpg
>freaking the fuck out
>trying to get my cargo while maintaining my ship
>eventually make it out
>waves of relief rush over me
>FSD malfunction
>FSD malfunction
>FSD malfunction
>FSD malfunction
>FSD malfunction
>reboot
>FSD malfunction
>FUCK!
>it works
>ship overheats
>falls out of supercruise
>repeat the last 5 minutes
>finally get to station after losing my cargo 6 times in a row and FSD failing over and over again
1.8k supply delivery paycheck
>2k dollar repair bill
THANKS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE PIRATE FAG!
>>
>>318064195
>no planetary landings
Yet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.