[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: moments when you know to discard someone's opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 688x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 688x387
ITT: moments when you know to discard someone's opinion

>it's good because it's "comfy!"
>>
They become senselessly belligerent.
>>
>>318055280
They're the OP
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>318055280
Comfy gaming general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKGnfiwR2E
>>
Comfy thread? Comfy thread.

>tfw entering a "safe room" in a scary game
>>
I have no idea how you people don't understand what comfy means, that's like not knowing what anxious means.
>>
>>318055280
>smash 4 players have shit opinions
Of course.
>>
>>318055280
>I discard someone's opinion because they said a word I don't like
>>
try to take posts on individual merit and don't sperg about the intentions of the posters behind it

but it's frustrating talking about older games recently played especially popular ones because it attracts either a nostalgiafag defense force or meta contrarians / cunts that played it outside the intended audience and irrationally hate it
>>
File: 099.png (426 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
099.png
426 KB, 600x860
>X is good but it has really aged poorly
>>
>they post on /v/
Not that I always do it, but it gives me the right to
>>
>dark Souls 2 is better than or equal to any other souls game

I'm a pretty rationale guy senpai but when faggots say that unfinished garbage is better than any of the other souls games it makes my blood boil.
>>
>Arkham combat is better than DMC/NG/Bayonetta, etc.
>>
>>318055280
>they dont main DDD
>>
>>318055280
>Sheik top tier
keep that shit in the garbage where it belongs, like Zero
>>
>>318055280
>it's a good game but not a good X game!
>>
>>318058265
Lol DaS second half of the game is literally unfinished.

How does it feel to lack personal opinion and just follow the hugbox, retard.
>>
>>318058265
How about BloodBorne?

I never played any Souls game aside from BloodBorne and 5 minutes of DaS1. I am not sure how it holds
>>
>>318061642
NO WADDLEDEE TOSS, NO MAIN
>>
whats that ps1 game from 1999 where youre on a floating propeller island as some robot furry thing
>>
>>318055280
>when /v/ states an opinion
>>
meme_______
>>
>>318055663
This guy gets it.
>>
>>318055280

Theyre a woman, black or gay
>>
>>318055280
>"I hate a videogame company "
>>
Basically anything really.
>>
File: angry joosten.jpg (80 KB, 1913x1053) Image search: [Google]
angry joosten.jpg
80 KB, 1913x1053
>"it's a terrible game"
>spent 100+ hours playing it
>>
>>318068371
>its gets good after X amount of time
also the more you play something the more flaws you can find
common sense , you have it?
>>
>>318068453
if you were driven to play a game for 100+ hours it obviously wasn't that bad. If you haven't figured out a game is shit maximum 20 hours in then it's not shit
>>
>>318063450
jumping flash
>>
I disregard everyone's opinions. I only buy things that look interesting to me. If it's getting 10/10's by everyone but it doesn't appeal to me, I don't give a fuck. If it's getting 5/10's but it looks interesting to me, I'll look up the technical faults and get it if it's something I can look past
>>
>>318068565
So if I play Club Penguin for 100+ hours it's a good game?
>>
>>318068958
to you it has to be, otherwise why are you wasting your time?
>>
>>318068565
>how do you know it's bad, you didn't finish it
Nobody can ever win this argument.
Not defending it, just wish it was possible to say a game is bad and not fall into this catch 22 argument.
>>
>>318069424
I think there can be parts of the game you think are shitty (i.e.: story, gameplay, multiplayer, etc.) but if you keep going back to it you're coming back for a reason and there's definitely some part of it that you like enough to stomach the parts you don't, and for that reason it can't be that bad
>>
>>318068371
I've played 500+ in Borderlands 2 and I can admit that it's not that great. The flaws really start to show.
>>
>>318055280
>dislikes a game/movie/book
>can't explain why

Even better is when they hate it without ever playing it.
>>
File: 1446961509861.png (527 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1446961509861.png
527 KB, 720x540
If they use any of the following words: meme, fanbase, tumblr, shit, reddit, literally, and nigger twitter acronyms.
Why don't they just autobahn the morons who do this or at least autowarn?
>>
>>318069946
then why did you play 500+ hours? i get you start to see flaws but you must have seen those 100-200 hours in
>>
>>318055280
tripfags
>>
>It's a meme
Meme should just be renamed to "thing i don't like"
>>
>>318068958
if you played it, of your own volition for 100+ hours, you enjoyed it. doesn't mean it's a good game, just that you enjoyed it.
>>
>"Your" when they mean "you're"
>"Then" instead of "than"
I instantly stop reading.
>>
>>318070247
> doesn't mean it's a good game, just that you enjoyed it.

This reminds me of Yahtzee and Gabe arguing about Gabe's game of the year vs. game of the year as if they were two different things.
>>
>>318070114
I have a mac and it's one of the few games that it can play.
>>
>>318070329
"should of" is worse than both, though
>>
>>318070386
But they are. If gamespot names game X as their game of the year, while the aggregate among all reviewers names Game Y then there are two distinct games of the year.
>>
Animal Crossing is comfy, COMFY!
https://youtu.be/aeBYh_MKfEE
>>
>>318070640
Is "favourite game of the year" and "overall game of the year" two different things?
>>
>>318070709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0vED41yedQ
>>
>>318058265

Back half of DaS is even more unfinished and DaSII made many design shifts that made it feel a bit more like DeS which I prefer over the other 2 anyways. Not gonna say DaSII doesn't have its problems but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked it more than the whole of DaS. The first half decimates DaSII but that post-Anor Londo business, man.
>>
If a game is comfy it means it's immersive since you get comfy.
BOOM.
>>
>RE4 is the only good Resident Evil

If you think it's the last good RE then fine. If you think it's the first good RE then fine. But don't act all high and mighty when you can't a.) adapt to tank controls and old-school adventure design and/or b.) admit you like cheesy popcorn action flicks in vidya form besides the one critically acclaimed one.

>WW is my favorite Zelda

I'd love to say I've met a WW fan with good opinions on things but so far I'm still searching.
>>
>>318073373
this. Also
>SS is a great game and anyone who had a problem with the controls is stupid
>>
>>318073508

Eh, SS wasn't bad, and it certainly wasn't bad because of the controls. Its very design philosophy and pacing were kinda fucked, if not a slight left turn for the series. Still, it had some good ideas but I'm okay with Nintendo not making a SS 2 and I hope they take what good ideas there were like the pakour-lite movement, drop-based item upgrades, and Timeshift Stones and use them in future games.
>>
>It sucks, it aged poorly and newer games are better
No shit Sherlock, it's still fun
It's worse when you see someone play it and they don't even know basic functions or simple puzzles so they just bash it for being too hard.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77 KB, 680x680
>>318055280
>We already have enough Pokémon in Smash!

>Pokémon had more reps than Mario in Brawl (Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff and Lucario compared to just Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser), but apparently we can't have the same thing happen in this Smash because... reasons.
>Pokémon has unfairly lost more veterans than any other series
>said veterans all had unique movesets
>There are hundreds of potential Pokémon that would be great fighters
No. You're fucking wrong. We don't have "too many Pokémon." There are people who want more Pokémon in Smash. Just look on Smashboards and you will see threads supporting Sceptile, Delphox, Blastoise, Gengar, and others.
I bet you are one of those blokes who wants Wolf, a boring semiclone, back. Fuck you.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.