[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm willing to give this a shot. What are classes with good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
I'm willing to give this a shot. What are classes with good storylines besides the Imperial Agent?
>>
>>318052053

Jedi Knight ----> Main KOTOR3 story
Sith Warrior ----> Dark Side KOTOR 3 story
>>
>>318052053
Inquisitor is intentionally the most fun because its campy and based off being a parallel in its storyline to the Tales of the Jedi comic story arcs with Exar Kun and others.

Agent is also one of the better written storylines because its inspirations are taken from spy shows. Jedi Knight is the most generic, same with the Sith Warriors. Many agree the Jedi Consular's is one of the most boring.

Smuggler is pretty good too.

So basically from best to worst: Inquisitor = Agent > Smuggler > Jedi Knight + Sith Warrior > Jedi Consular. Haven't ever played Bounty Hunter but basically it you just go around killing people for the Empire and become the Mandalorian King nigga.
>>
>>318053236

Samefag: JK is the main story of SWTOR and it perfectly fits as KOTOR3. Sith Warrior at the end connects a little with KOTOR 3.

Both are the only characters that don't make you feel weird when playing Revan and KOTFE expansions as the Emperor has a major role and the Knight and the Warrior main stories are about the emperor.
>>
>>318052053
Light side sith warrior.
>>
On the Republic side, both the Smuggler and Jedi Knight stories are really good. Trooper is surprisingly solid as well. Consular is pretty lame by comparison.

On the Imperial side, Agent is fantastic, as I'm sure you've heard. Inquitistior and Warrior are good as well. Bounty Hunter is ok.

Honestly though, Knights of the Fallen Empire feels like it's better than all of them. Some people have been saying that Jedi Knight is Kotor 3. I don't agree with that, Fallen Empire is the real Kotor 3-tier piece of content.
>>
>>318053489
To add: Inquisitor is a storyline all about revenge where you start from nothing and end up as one of the leaders on the Dark Council itself in the SIth Empire. The Sith Warrior is literally you having your cock sucked at every turn, told you are special, and edgily killing everything and everyone while eventually becoming the Emperor's Wrath 2.0 and replacing Scourge.

Do you want to basically be a Sith necromancer who becomes a high tier politician and one of the oligarchs running the Empire and nomming on Force Ghosts? With insane but creatively fun episode story arcs based around immortality, powerlust, and revenge?

Or do you want some generic story like the Knight's or Warrior's?

>>318053859
Trooper is literally AMERICA FUCK YEAH in space.
>>
>>318053489
I'm mostly agree with you, but Jedi Knight is fanfiction tier and I hated it I played dark side but the new expansion made him great and what I wanted in the first place.
>>
>>318053959
I usually see people only give Inquisitor an honorable mention in these sirts of threads, most of the praise goes to Warrior and IA. It was a pretty good story too, going from uncovering artifacts to dealing with Sith politics.
>>
File: ...... what.jpg (74 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
...... what.jpg
74 KB, 627x620
>>318053859
>Knights of the Fallen Empire feels like it's better than all of them

>empire that comes from buttfuck nowhere that is exactly like the Sith except with yellow swords instead of red destroys both the Republic and the Empire on its own, and its up to the MC to pull a commander Shepard to bring back their factions back on its feet and undo everything with the power of "you're special".
Yeah no it was pretty damn stupid.
>>
>>318054160
Warrior is okay
Knight is generic
Inquisitor is great and hammy

>>318054225
Don't forget they kill off fucking Marr in the new expansion
>>
>>318054225

Still lightyears better than KOTOR2.
Because its still Star Wars.
>>
>>318054160
Inquisitor is a comedy really, its not good but it doesn't take itself seriously at all.
>>
>Great tier
Agent, Warrior
>Good tier
Knight, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter
>Poor tier
Trooper
>Shit tier
Consular, Inquisitor
>>
File: 1391692-20140318-Sa3RUx.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1391692-20140318-Sa3RUx.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>318054556

>BH & Smuggler Good Tier
>Inquisitor shit tier

what a shit taste
>>
>>318054878
>All you do is play Ghostbusters
>Can't even corrupt a padawan to the dark side
>Arguably the worst companions out of the 8 classes
>Obvious betrayal by Zash but you don't do anything about it because you're retarded
>Obvious betrayal by the next guy but you don't do anything about it because you're retarded
>The main antagonist has no reason to kill you other than a contrived 'muh tradition'
>>
>Legitimately good tier
Agent
>Ok tier
Knight, Warrior, Smug, Inq
>Meh
Troop, BounHun
>Bad
Consular
>>
>>318053859
>Some people have been saying that Jedi Knight is Kotor 3. I don't agree with that, Fallen Empire is the real Kotor 3-tier piece of content.

Jedi Knight story + KOTFE is KOTOR3.

JK story is about killing the emperor. Recruiting his own daughter and his right hand for the sake of killing him. He is the only SWTOR character that can fight him so they both can be linked for what happens at the end of Revan expansion and the whole KOTFE.

FFS he even has extra lines of speech when he talks with the Jedi Knight.
>>
>>318055157

And still 100 times better than being a shitty Smuggler who does everything but smuggling.
>>
Full dark side inquisitor is hilarious. You throw lightning at anyone that as much as look at you funny.
>>
>Legitimately good tier
Sith Warrior

>Good but overrated tier
Agent

>Shit tier
everything else
>>
>>318055447
Smuggler is great if you're female. You bring Corso around and there's an opportunity to kek and berate him on every planet.
>>
Best story: Agent, Bounty Hunter
Best Waifu: Inquisitor
>>
>>318054556
>Bounty Hunter that high
>Trooper that high
>Inquisitor that low
Nice shit taste
>>
>>318055607

>Not playing the male Space Cowboy impregnating every female he talks to in the galaxy.
>>
>>318055602
Warrior is over-rated.
>>318055162
This is the worst listing I've ever seen.
>>
>>318054556
>Bounty Hunter above Inquisitor
What the fuck are you doing?

here let me spoil the Bounty Hunter class stories for you all.
>Chapter 1 - Take part in The Great Hunt. Win the Great Hunt.
>Chapter 2 - There is this list of Bounties that are too hard and nobody will accept them. You accept and complete them.
>Chapter 3 - The Republic can be as bad as the Empire and have framed you for crimes you didn't commit. Go kill the guy who framed you.
>>
>>318055157
Ashara is seduced by the Inquisitor, she is seduced so well that even if she stays "light side" aligned, she is head over heels for the Inquisitor and doesn't restrain herself in her lust for him.

>worst companions
>Androikos, Khem Val, Darth Grievous 2.0, and Nerd kun
Nice try.
>Main antagonist has no reason to kill you
>Thanatos
You are an idiot. The entire thematic and story theme of the Inquisitor is the player fighting against orthodoxy and arch-traditionalism in the first place. Thanaton always will treat you as a slave, he doesn't give a shit about how powerful you become, the lore or sorcery you learn, the relics you recover or especially want any god damn reformation of the Sith Order.

His entire reason for killing you is he doesn't want change and you represent change and his excuse is the status quo should stay the same.

>Bounty Hunter: supposed to be a bounty hunter, you are more or less the Empire's bitch boy
>Smugger: never smuggles shit and despite becoming a galaxy influencing Crime Lord, you are also a bitch boy of the Republic
>Trooper: SPACE MURRICA FUCK YEAH
>Consular: Who gives a shit
You must hate fun.
>>
People say the Jedi Consular has the worst story but I did find it interesting, you are basically Yoda in the sense that you use diplomacy and the force to resolve problems but when it comes to violence you can fight well.

also consulars made the best medics, at least when I was playing.
>>
This game still jews the fuck out of people if you don't sub?
>>
>>318055162
Bounty Hunter has one of the most fun play styles and game mechanics but legitimately has no single actual compelling story components in the class quests for it after Act I. Even the Jedi Consular would be above because it has something, even if that something is MUH EVIL FORCE PLAGUE and the Children of the Emperor plot line as much as its relevant how boring its handled.

Smuggler has the same issues as Bounty Hunter.

>>318056457
Corruption Sorcs are better healers then their Sage counterparts.
>>
>>318056652
>Corruption Sorcs are better healers then their Sage counterparts.

They are exactly the same with diferent flashy animations.
>>
>>318056652

Bioware obviously had a bias for the darkside stories.

Maybe because they wanted those stories to be considered the canon.
>>
>>318056323
>Chapter 1 - play second fiddle to someone obviously betraying you
>Chapter 2 - play Ghostbusters and try to kill some geriatric Sith
>Chapter 3 - play Ghostbusters and try to kill some geriatric Sith
>>
>>318055602
Let me redo that for you:

Best tier: Inquisitor and Agent
Good tier: Warrior and Smuggler
Ok tier: Knight
Boring tier: Consular and Bounty Hunter

>>318056743
No they aren't. Sages animations are so nerfed they literally effect their actual status effects with their attacks.

>>318056759
>Play second fiddle
I like how you made this up. First Act: Inquisitor gets off Korriban, warned by your ancestor Zash is planning on betraying you while gathering relics and artifacts all over the galaxy for her "ritual".

Act II: Thanaton wants you dead, leaves you for dead, you learn the Force-Walk, and go all over the galaxy gaining power.

Act III: You repair your mind and body, eat more Force Ghosts, fuck over Thanaton, LITERALLY EMBARASS HIM publically after the Kaggath on Corellia, and show he is not only a colossal fuck up for sabotaging the Imperial war effort to kill you but publically shame him before killing him and taking your place on the Dark Council.

You have nothing.
>>
they shouldn't have released the game with each story already finished.

They could have focused on the first acts of the overall stories, and fleshed them out more, then complete the stories by releasing them later. this would have allowed them more time to better the writing and could listen to the fans to adjust or change certain things so every class could be fun to play.

also its obvious that the original idea was to have just one Jedi and Sith class, instead of two for each one. When you play both Knight and Consular for example, there are times where some things feel rushed, and it makes me wonder if you could take the best elements of each story and combined them into one, would that be more fleshed out because thats what was originally intended?
>>
>>318057065
>You have nothing.
Inquisitor is a big dumb idiot. He would have been dead if it weren't for his ghost ancestor telling him to wisen the fuck up. He never figures out anything or does anything on his own.

You have to work for BioWare judging by how rabidly you're defending this embarrassingly poor writing.
>>
>>318056759
You literally do nothing after Act I in BH class except kill people. Its literally step and fetch quests for the rest of its story and ultimately leads to killing the Supreme Chancellor for blackmailing you for a murder you didn't do.

There is fucking nothing to BH.
>>
>>318057309
>Inquisitor is a big dumb idiot
No, bullshit more. Inquisitor tricks Force Ghosts of powerful dead Sith Lords into living him live or giving him power. He plays dirty, like how you beat Skotia in Act I by manipulating his Trandoshan bodyguards and then using that cybernetic remote to fuck over his implants and robotic parts.

You have clearly never played the Inquisitor story.

>poor writing
Its the best besides the Agent, but given you are sucking the BH's dick, its not surprising you think this.
>>
Light Side Sith Warrior top tier. You are just so refreshingly reasonable.
>>
>>318057513
>like how you beat Skotia in Act I by manipulating his Trandoshan bodyguards and then using that cybernetic remote to fuck over his implants and robotic parts.
Which wasn't the Inquisitor's own plan at all. He's just a lackey. He has little agency within his own story.
>>
>>318057621
This.
>Everyone expects you to kill shit and be a dick
>Be instead the coolest motherfucker this side of Tattooine
>>
>>318057747
And then they throw themselves on your lightsaber.
>>
>>318055157
>Can't even corrupt a padawan to the dark side
You flat out get the order to abandon her and she adopts teachings of the Sith. She's not Jaessa but that's a positive.
>>
>>318057689
>He has little agency within his own story.
He was cynical of Zash sending him into Skotia's own headquarters by himself on on a one-man suicide mission until she brought up using the scientist dude to weaken him.

You are full of shit on everything else. Harkan tries to kill the Inquisitor at every turn and cheats as well as conspires to undermine the Inquisitor on Korriban, sending him seemingly to his death in the tombs of Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

The Inquisitor does everything for his own "agency" because his entire story drive is revenge for being treated as a former slave and cannon fodder by his superiors.

And the Inquisitor's own dialogue options are more snarky, mirthful, and cynical then any other characters playing as any alignment.
>>
File: 68.jpg (126 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
126 KB, 420x315
Last time I checked this travesty, the whole general chat was in russian alphabet and nobody would even understand english if you tried. That's european servers also on pretty much any f2p game.
Cyka blyat
>>
>>318058201
>Gave up your countries to muzzies
>Gave up your servers to slavs
Complete keks
>>
>>318053489
>Smuggler
>good
A Han Solo clone whose every line of dialogue is a joke does not make for a good protag
>>
>>318053859
The Consular gets way too much shit. It's a nice behind the scenes stories.
>>
>>318058625
Still above shit like the Bounty Hunter, Consular, or Trooper stories and protags.
>>
>>318057747
It gets annoying how the only Jedi SWs seem to encounter are the crazy right wing ones that can't wrap their head around a good Sith Warrior. It's KOTOR 2 tier propaganda.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.