[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do you like this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (491 KB, 664x491) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491 KB, 664x491
So why do you like this game
>>
Cause hot lesbian action
>>
no one actually likes it here
ignore the tumblr shills
>>
>this one journalist said something stupid! Now you ALL must side with him!

Fuck off
>>
File: facepalm.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>318050661

> and yet another Undertale thread

Reminder to sage and hide.
>>
File: Image_001.png (59 KB, 761x800) Image search: [Google]
Image_001.png
59 KB, 761x800
I'm generally a fan of the vibe in Earthbound and modern style RPGs like SMT. I also fucking love Gradius so this clicked for me. Characters were neat, plot wasnt all that fantastic and at parts it was kinda dumb but it handled different battles pretty well.

I think a Neutral playthrough really sealed it for me because the boss deaths can make you appreciate their personalities.

OST was pretty stellar and hard to stop listening to.

I like the atmosphere of Genocide more than Pacifist.
>>
>>318050661
The game where you post the same shitty thread over and over? Fuck off.
>>
>>318050661
Because it's fun.
I don't care about people who don't share my opinions yet they find the game fun too. Meanwhile you waste your life away making meaningless threads.
>>
>>318050661
cuz everyone else likes it and I have to fit in on an anonymous imageboard of course :DDD
>>
>>318051032
kek
>>
Its humor doesn't make me want to kill myself. That's more than I can say about most games that sell themselves on their comedy.
>>
>>318051045
>Fuck off.
Make me, memekeklord
>>
>WAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAH THE SJWS

Why are anti-SJWs such a bunch of whiny faggots?
>>
>>318050661
>So why do you like this game?
It's a short diversion with nice characters, a fun battle system, good music and isn't trying to force microtransations and shit at me.
It's a labor of love, not business.
>>
>>318050661
>queer romance

First mention of that I've heard in regards to Undertale. Who fucked who?
>>
>>318051368
Alphys and Undyne I assume
>>
>>318050661
Its because of the feminism, queer romance and progressive values.
Litterally nothing else about this game is good. In fact, it was a fucking drag from start to end.
The fact that you had to play through the bullet hell sections, and figure out how to spare enemies, such a fucking drag
the style, the atmosphere, the branching paths, photoshop flowey, the way it plays with your expectations, it all got in the way.
But it was all worth it for those progressive values
god i fucking love progressiveness, it gets me rock hard
>>
>>318051368
Im sorry, but you played the game wrong and enjoyed it for the wrong reasons.
Go back and do your homework again anon, but this time do it right!
>>
File: 1447085273981.jpg (245 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
1447085273981.jpg
245 KB, 1280x1109
>>318051280
>>
I hate you faggots
you give the rest of us who like the game and don't post cancerous furry a bad name
>>
>>318051280

They literally can't see that they are just as whiny and annoying as the people they incessantly whine about.

Hell, I would say the anti-SJW are even worse for me because I stay the hell away from tumbler but they shit up 90% of /v/ threads.
>>
>>318051032
>skip
>skip
>skip
Fucking boss!
>>
Cute, varied, surprising, endearing, well-made, efficient and short, occasionally beautiful and rife with great music and creativity.
>>
>>318051995
see
>>318051709

If you really think that people who complain about atrocious ideas are worst than the people who have those ideas, you are a complete fucking retard.
If the world was ran by people like you, we'd still be obligated to be a part of the church
>>
>>318052031
I know right, Goddamn dickholes trying to insert their progressive fantasies into his shit.
>>
>>318052251
>If you really think that people who complain about atrocious ideas are worst than the people who have those ideas

Who's the one with the atrocious ideas? The people who criticize videogames or the people who's main messiah is a sick lying megalomaniac who thinks people interrupting his events should get beaten up by a mob?
>>
>>318050661
>Actively giving a shit about feminism, queer romance and progressive values to the point where it's a big deal that it's in some dumb video game
>Not just getting on with life.
>>
>>318052251

Hmm, let's see

>Annoying as fuck
>Pushes views on everybody they can always
>opinion on games is purely political

seems like the exact same ideas to me only on opposite sides. I wish both sides would kindly shut the fuck up forever and stop bogging everything down with this shit.
>>
Boring hipster faggot shit for ignorant plebs to signal their trendy leftist dogma. Avoid.
>>
>>318050661
I totally forgot it's got faggots in it.

I liked it, but I can see why people wouldn't - it's not fantastic, but good as compared to some of the fucking schlock that's come out in the last year.

But yeah, now that I think about it fuck faggots and faggot romance. Goddamn why does every game have to have that shit in it nowadays
>>
>>318052442
>the people who's main messiah is a sick lying megalomaniac who thinks people interrupting his events should get beaten up by a mob?
I have no clue who you're talking about
>>318052856
>Politics makes my head hurt, we should go shoe shopping instead
piss off. It may be a talk about politics, but the side that pushes for censorship and political correctness is the fucking wrong one. Spain went through a period of hard censorship back in the day, and getting out of that was beneficial for literally everyone
>>
>>318050661
I generally try to avoid any external influences when I decide if I like a game or not. That includes any website, whether it is 4chan, tumblr, reddit, etc. But it's hard to maintain your own vision about things when you see how almost everyone here catalogs them in the same way. Mostly a negative, tumblrish-SJW way.

Nonetheless, I liked the game for what it is. It's comfy, the characters are likeable, the morality is questionable, the gameplay was fun, the homosexual relationships were not SJW at all (besides, there were straight pairings too). It's a good game. I liked it. I like videogames because they're fun.
>>
>>318050661
I thought it was a better story than a game. If you ask me, it's a series of WarioWare minigames tied together with a narrative.

Here are the answers you're looking for why so many people like it:
>I like the story! It's so deep
>It's a funny game! If you don't think so, you don't know how to have fun
>It's popular and I want to be part of the conversation and memeing!
>>
I don't.
>>
I do.
I don't get why people look so hard for reasons to call this game utter garbage.
Just play the fucking game and ignore the faggot feminism shit.
>>
XD I posted it again!
>>
Got some good meta shit going on.

Also best soundtrack.
>>
>>318054554
>But it's hard to maintain your own vision about things when you see how almost everyone here catalogs them in the same way. Mostly a negative, tumblrish-SJW way.
I didnt read anything about Undertale on /v/ until I started it like three days ago.

Now I've entered some threads about it and its absolutely amazing how full retard /v/ goes with it.
People clearly didnt play it but shitpost all day about it.
The same people who bitch about constant Undertale threads make threads like these here too.

Game just got too popular it seems.
>>
File: 1281965539394.jpg (20 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1281965539394.jpg
20 KB, 268x265
>>318050661
>progressive values
People were playing yuri dating sims way before person writing this article knew what the fuck a lesbian is.
>>
>game does something good
GAMERS ARE NOW READY FOR TRANSQUEER FEMMEBUTCH CHARACTERS GUYZ
>they proceed make shitty characters
OMG STOP THE WHITE MALE HE IS OPPRESSING MY VALUES

maybe people should just improve their characters instead of writing shitty games with shitty dialouge where the selling point of a character is that he is gay.
>>
>>318051032

>skip

I have to admit, I've enjoyed the way Toby has handled all of this. At first he seemed like he would go on a ego trip over his success while tweeting about MGS:V, but other tweets came across as reasonable with a fun attitude. Guy doesn't want his fandom to become cancer (sadly can't stop it from happening).

Skipping those loaded questions is a good move. I'm not even going to call it based. They were dumb questions designed to draw him into the identity politics debate.
>>
>>318051032
Well he isnt a total shill for progressive journalism, so I respect that. His game really shows it though. It has gay characters, but it doesnt force them onto you for no reason.
>>
>>318050661
Everything except Alphys.
>>
>>318051709
Oh man a ms paint comic, that sure makes me look bad!
>>
>>318051709
>Ever notice how SJWS are always complaining about stuff? Well anti-SJWS are always complaining about SJWS so they're just as bad

But this statement is perfectly correct and sensible
>>
>>318057291
>At first he seemed like he would go on a ego trip over his success while tweeting about MGS:V
>Retards and autists on /v/ incapable of grasping sarcasm

Why am I not surprised
>>
>>318054392
>my side is JUST and LOGICAL
>their side is DUMB AND SMELLY AND EMOTIONAL
lol
>>
File: 1440834543295.png (1 MB, 692x1153) Image search: [Google]
1440834543295.png
1 MB, 692x1153
Meh gameplay

Great story and characters
>>
>>318057921

Nah, people can really be like that on Twitter so when someone starts posting tweets from a guy who just successfully released his new indie game it's easy to paint them as the next Phil Fish until people see more of a history.

/v/ doesn't have time to actually check someone's twitter when a tweet gets posted. /v/ doesn't even have time to play video games.
>>
Can you guys stop pretending to be this hateful?

Please? :(
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.