[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elite Dangerous at good price right now, does it worth it ? pros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Elite Dangerous.jpg (918 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elite Dangerous.jpg
918 KB, 1920x1080
Elite Dangerous at good price right now, does it worth it ?
pros , cons from people who have it ?
>>
Huge space sim fag here, also an old man. Played and liked the original ELITE in the 80s. Liked Frontier and even buggy ass First Encounters.

This game stinks. I've had more fun with the Arena Commander Alpha.

E:D is not very good. Really questionable decisions with the flight model (yaw axis movement is SHIT), no real improvements to the core gameplay after 20 years, and it's actually MISSING features (seamless atmospheric transitioning).

Then there's the fact that you have to feather the throttle on Super Cruise when you're going anywhere, probably the worst decision ever made in video game development.

I guess if it's ten bucks, give it a shot. I wouldn't go higher than that, though.
>>
>>318050614
how old are you
>>
>>318050098
fun for 2 hours, but then you realize how shallow and empty the game is and get buyers remorse.
>>
>>318050098
for $15 I'd say go for it..
I bought it for $60 and tremendously regret it though.

>>318050796
this is pretty much it.. luckily I got more than 2 hours out of it, and go back to it occasionally, but the game is just shallow. It's amazing that with a literal universe to work with there's only a handful of things to do.
>>
>>318051015
I'm going to try requesting a refund to buy it for cheaper even though I have 36 hours played.

I doubt this will work but maybe... I've seen people get refunds on ridiculous things
>>
>>318050738
Mid thirties, does it really matter? I was looking forward to this game, and it stinks on ice.
>>
>>318051269
jesus youre old
>>
>>318051325
not him but you must be a teenager.
I'm just turned 24 a few months ago and mid thirties seems like nothing to me at this age... just knowing how quickly the last decade of my life past I've come to realize that we'll all be that age faster than we expect no matter what...
>>
>>318051325
Getting there. :)

Take my advice, don't EVER get married.
>>
>>318051837
lmao
>>
I'm in OP's position. It's cheap and I'm thinking of getting it but I don't want to waste money. It looks so comfy though. Is there really nothing to the game? What about combat/pvp, clans, customization?
>>
>>318051837
Also mid thirties.
This is excellent advice.
>>
>>318053139
It's Pay2Skin. Only in game customization is functional parts
>>
I want to marry cara though
>>
>Buy Steam version
>Register Frontier account
>Download Frontier client
>Refund Steam version

Does this work???
>>
>>318051837
Is that you Al?
>>
>>318050098
Space is looking cool but it's as entertaining as euro truck simulator with occasional awkward dogfights.
Gonna try it again when I get VR headset, there probably will be some more content.
>>
>>318050614
>>318050796
>>318051015

OP here, so in short wait for the expansion.
Thanks for the advice.
Pity though was looking forward to a comfy space sim.
>>
>>318050098

its good for the first 40 hours
then you realize its a mindless grind to get a better ship
and then when you have the best one, there is nothing left to do
>>
>>318055102
err I'd say go for it man. It is a comfy space sim. sure it has issues but it's still definitely worth $15. this game has literally never been cheaper. unless it's a better deal to WAIT for the expansion, which I doubt it will be, then go for it now.

>>318055234
this is true though...
the game is very easy to deconstruct. you have to be in the mood for it and have a sort of willful suspense of disbelief attitude.

either way, $15 for 40 hours isn't a bad deal.
>>
Maybe.
>>
>>318055102
but it is
it's the closest thing you'll get to be space truckin' until SC comes out but i'm not getting my hopes up on that one as well

$15 is waaaay better than $60 anyway
>>
>>318050098
It's fun for about 9 hours, and then you're bored. It becomes an endless grind to get the ships and stuff u want.

I wanted an anaconda, but I couldn't into trade routes, so I just hunted bounties until I got a vulture, then quit.
>>
>>318054217
For about a day or so, then you get locked out
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.