[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yeah keep belittleling and calling a fanbase that barely gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
Yeah keep belittleling and calling a fanbase that barely gets any games or games that they want (metroid, f-zero, mother) entitled brats or babies while you people on the other hand get all the games you want every year and yet complain about small details, I'm talking to you mario and zelda fans and any other fanbases that gets games every year and when when you people complain nobody bats an eye but when the metroid fans do it it's suddenly unacceptable? how hypocritical.
>>
File: 1433186240722.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1433186240722.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>318049623
>>
>>318049623
why are prime fags so scared of their game being called a shooter
>>
what the hell is metroid even supposed to be now
>>
File: 1447359977441.png (99 KB, 248x242) Image search: [Google]
1447359977441.png
99 KB, 248x242
>Metroidfags
How the mighty have fallen
>>
>>318049623
You seem upset.
Let it go, anon.
We know that Nintendo cares only about mario and zelda since years.
Buy something else to play and let them rot.
>>
>>318049847
Because shooter suggests the game is about aiming at things and shooting them like traditional first person shooters. It's more of an adventure game than anything else.
>>
File: 1423711955309.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423711955309.png
8 KB, 400x400
epic thread bro!!

I agree but you talk like a huge fucking faggot, so I disagree
>>
>>318049871
2D sidescroller vania and everything else (since Zero Mission basically) was a shitty spinoff.
>>
I wonder what kind of changes they'll make with the big delay the game got.

A little after E3, someone claiming to be a NLG employee came here and said that the team was taking a vacation to boost morale after the astoundingly bad feedback they all got
>>
> series gets a strong of awesome, top tier games in quick succession
> few years laters a mildly controversial (yes, the whole deal with Samus' feelings and authorizations is an overblown complaint), with passable gameplay is released
>series has been dormant for a few years
> OMG SERIES IS DED GUY TFW DED SERIES THIS IS THE BEST NINTENDO FRANCHISE WTF???

Metroidfags are the worse fans in Nintendo ' s side.
>>
>>318049986
you already do that in prime besides plenty of shooters have large areas with exploration and the adventure genre doesn't have any action combat in it since its entirely story driven just look at 999 or the walking dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3i5EPa7m6A
>>
Has this game been used for anything besides shitposting?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 205x246
METROID FANS

THEY MESSED WITH METROID FANS
>>
>>318049623
Please tell that to the Pokemon fanbase. As a Pokemon fan, it's quite irritating that people demand a main series game every year like they deserve a main game every year. Like, why do people want to "Call of Duty-fi" the main series Pokemon games?
>>
>>318050203
>with passable gameplay
Oh boy here we go again.
>>
File: 1412100086833.png (167 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1412100086833.png
167 KB, 625x626
>>318050203
>passable gameplay
>>
File: 1448506580380.jpg (44 KB, 749x512) Image search: [Google]
1448506580380.jpg
44 KB, 749x512
>>318050203
>Prime
>awesome top tier
>Mother
>passable
>>
>Nintendo releases shit games
>fans slam them for it
I don't see anything wrong here. If the backlash isn't extreme then Nintendo won't take notice of it as they've proven time and time again they don't listen to fans.
>>
>>318050279
>"Call of Duty-fi"
Pokémon games have always, since their conception, been like that.
>>
>>318049623
>cry about no prime game even though that's exactly what federation force is setting up story wise
>GIVE ME MY FUCKING VIDEO GAME NINTENDO
>WHAT'S PRIME 4 NINTENDO
>WHERE'S SAMUS NINTENDO
>WHY HAVEN'T YOU LET ME THROAT FUCK YOU NINTENDO
I hope they cancel all metroid games in development to spite you crybaby faggots. It's not even about the games anymore, metroidbabbies were shitposting in smash threads nonstop screaming about ridley. You're part of a garbage fanbase that spends more time bitching than you do playing games. You're /v/ incarnate.
>>
>>318050298
>>318050317
>>318050421
> Answering with memes and image macros
Case in point.
>>
>>318050458
Yes, but you forgot that it's ok when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>318050141
>managers giving devs a vacation after negative feedback
>not blaming them for making what they were told to make and insisting they work overtime

I want to believe.
>>
>>318050679
I'm just going to make an infographic with every single thing OM fails at from a gameplay perspective, because every fucking time you "it has ok gameplay!!!!!" shits show up I have to type a wall of text. brb
>>
>>318050518
Doesn't mean it's right. I bet if the releases of a new main game weren't as frequent a lot less people would complain about it.

That's why I'm glad they seem to take a year of. No main series games in 2015. There is an new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game this year for Japan and North America (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon). but the wait was long enough (it has been 2/3 years since Gates to Infinity).
>>
>>318050648
>I hope they cancel all metroid games in development to spite you crybaby faggots
Uh so do we?
>>
I wanted a Metroid Prime Hunters-type game for 3DS anyway, stop being little bitches
>>
>>318050826
Watch him over blow and create a huge hyperbole about the dodging mechanic and the focus regeneration.
>>
ITT: Shitposters shitposting shitposters

These threads are insane.
>>
>>318049871

I think they're trying to franchise it a bit more after the Trilogy didn't sell to expectations and mOther was one of those rare Nintendo games that's allowed to be bargain binned. By giving Metroid the spin off treatment they've give Mario/Zelda/AC/Pokemon, etc, they're hoping to make it more profitable and well known.

Metroid is a pretty niche franchise by Nintendo standards, they can't just constantly fund new installments if they aren't sure they'll make money from it. Hopefully by adding spin offs and such, they can use that money to moneyhat new mainstream installments.

For example, you just know that Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is going to fund the next Mario game, Tri Force Heroes is going towards the on going costs of Zelda U, Happy Home Designer/Amiibo Festival is going towards the next AC game, etc. The fact that they're trying to give Metroid the franchise treatment kind of implies that they want to release MORE Metroid games, but the die hards don't understand that Federation Force isn't necessarily made for them, it's made for casuals to buy to play with their friends in droves and to then fund the next big budget game.
>>
>>318051021
>d-don't mentions THESE problems t-though
Oh I will, but don't worry, they're not the only thing that's wrong with the game.
>>
>>318050826
What about you don't and show a slight amount of restraint for once?

Shit like this is why Metroid threads are so easy to ruin.
>>
Reminder that Prime fags ruined the Metroid series forever.
>>
>>318051443
I know some of the major complains. I really wanna see you grasp at straws.
The worse part is that, since we are not on neutral ground, other Metroidfags will agree with your bullshit.
>>
>>318049871
Last 2D Metroid - 2004
Last Prime - 2007
Last Mainline game Game - 2011 (3D with small elements of Prime)
Upcoming game - Prime (Spinoff)

Metroid is Prime now.
>>
Why do Metroidfabs foolishly believe Metroid is a major franchise?
>>
>>318049623

>28k out of over 1 million views
Small time.
>>
File: 1433724910876.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1433724910876.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>318050203
>passable gameplay
>>
>>318049623
>tfw Pokemon is my favorite franchise of all time
Must suck to be a Metroidfag
On top of never getting games the whole series only has 3 good games and that's thanks to Retro Studios
>>
>>318051992
pokemon only has 3 good games too
>>
>>318051992
Not counting the franchise being ridden by countless of autists, feminists, Ridleyfag and cry babies.
>>
>>318049623
2d metroid is completely tapped out, super metroid is so good because its so fully realized.

and prime is just generic nintendokiddy shooter
>>
>>318052092
>HeartGold
>Soulsilver
>Explorers of Sky

I guess
>>
>>318051568
They certainly ruined Metroid discussion forever.
>>
When will Metroidfags stop sucking Super Metroid's cock?
Fusion is just as good, or better since it has better jump physics, and has far superior, actually scary atmosphere.
Super Metroid is cool and all, but come on. It's just like the SMB3 vs World argument, nothing but nostalgiafags favoring SMB3 because muh super leafs.
>>
>>318052156
There is literally nothing wrong with ridleyposting
>>
>>318050203
>passible
That shit wasn't even passable enough to pirate. 4 years later and I still regret wasting my bandwidth on it.
>>
>>318052523
smb3 has actual physics to jumping, which you literally just used as an example in your last sentence.

hypocritical infantile shitter
>>
Reminder that Metroid Prime Federation Force is being developed by Next Level Games, who, when working with Nintedo, produced the Mario Strikers games, Punch Out Wii, and Luigi's Mansion 2, all of which are fantastic games. There's no reason to believe that Federation Force is going to be a bad game by any measure.
>>
>>318052523
Metroid Fusion was decent, but it made the whole "go here, do this" aspect too apparent. In Super Metroid you found your way by exploring and experimenting, in metroid fusion you're listening to an AI tell you what to do, and then doing it.

Don't get me wrong, it had great atmosphere and its gameplay was top notch, but the execution of everything else was subpar. Also, fuck the chozo statues in Zero Mission.
>>
>>318052523
I don't like the handholding and the art design in Fusion.
>>
>>318050203
Don't worry I liked the game play of Other M dodging and everything made the game feel fast paced but what ruined it for me was the god awful controls and standing still for fps mode
>>
>>318052523
> better jump physics
Elaborate.
>>
>>318052328
You played Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon already? I don't (I live in Europe), but I heard it's pretty good. On par with Explorers maybe. Definitely will be buying it day 1.
>>
>>318052950
I don't like the gameplay of Other M, but I don't see why everyone hates the first-person missiles.

It's not like it's any different from something like the bow/slingshot in Zelda or bowguns in monhan. If anything, it's easier to utilize due the slowdown effect when you switch perspectives.
>>
>>318051597
This is fucking sad.
Prime literally killed Metroid
>>
>>318053096
I'm playing it right now, actually. Froakie/Chespin team. It's honestly pretty good. I wouldn't say it's Sky-tier though. It's better than Red/Blue, Time/Darmness, and Gates to Shitfinity, for sure, though.
>>
>>318051060
Yes but what about the ecchi?
>>
>>318053242

The missile mechanic directly contradicted the emphasis Other M placed on movement at every other turn. It made you literally stop and stand still in the middle of the action.
>>
File: Image132.png (665 KB, 867x620) Image search: [Google]
Image132.png
665 KB, 867x620
>>318053437
>Prime literally killed Metroid
Don't lie to yourself, manchild
I'm not particularly a fan of Prime either but Fusion and Zero Mission didn't really add to what was established in Super than refine the controls.

Other M literally only treaded on the same ground, LIMITING itself to traditions of the old games.

Metroid literally killed itself. Prime only delayed the inevitable.

Federation will prolong the salt even further.

And to this day, Nintendo will continue to ignore all the indie metroidvanias popping up hinting people want it
>>
File: Other-M-Screen-1.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Other-M-Screen-1.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
>>318052950

you say other M's controls are bad yet laud Metroid Prime for having one of the most obtuse first person control schemes in video games post n64
>>
>>318053854
He was talking about specifically having to stand still and aim which you don't have to do in Prime maybe you should learn to read and think before posting.
>>
>>318053854
I only played the Wii version and in my opinion say it has absolute god tier controls
>>
>>318053854
There's nothing obtuse about Prime's controls.
>>
>>318053682

it's necessary for it be feasible, if there were no slowdown it'd be disorienting changing wiimote orientations pointing at the screen and the left hand moves off of the d-pad
>>
>>318053682
I don't really see an emphasis on movement. You got a dodge skill with ten hours of invulnerability frames on it, what do you need to move around for?
>>
>>318053242
>like the bow/slingshot in Zelda or bowguns in monhan

You still have to stop and fire even if you aren't in first person mode.
>>
>Tfw xbot
>3 years of eating shit will finally be paid off
>tfw no face
>>
>>318053242
You can still move while aiming in Zelda
>>
>>318054169

Single stick FPS is obtuse. R manually aims but does not allow any movement. L either locks on or strafes awkwardly if there is no target.

so many times platforming takes manual aim looking at the ground, and then holding L to fix the view to see what's jumping on, then slow rotation back up when L is released. Jumping Flash on PS1 did something similar but automatically looked down during jumps.

i mean you say other M fucks up the flow of the gameplay by stopping with the optional first person aim shit when Prime constantly requires a lot of manual adjustment just to maintain bearings

there's one boss in the phazon mines that has to be beaten with manual aim without an optional missile upgrade and it is cumbersome as fuck

Wii controls improve things but it's disconcerting because the wiimote has to be pointed at the screen the entire time while playing. That's actually exhausting over long periods. Other games that use the pointer don't require constant, non-stop pointing.
>>
>>318049623
god it is so sad that we are being starved for real news, shit is getting delayed and what isn't delayed is released unfinished thanks to studios having an abnormally higher number of art majors and graphic designers working round the clock to make these lush and beautiful HD games, except the actual gameplay, story, etc, is entirely neglected and seems to be a secondary concern to companies like Ubisoft or EA.
>>
>>318053839
Where is the Trinen picture from?
>>
>>318054879

(cont) Something that would help it is if the camera centered back on screen if the pointer left the boundaries of the TV.

as it is, if the pointer trails off screen the view will be locked in that corner and the camera will rotate wonkily until it's pointed at the screen again
>>
>>318053576

I don't derail threads nigga.
>>
>>318049623
Those other fanbases don't make petitions to have a game not be made. Its like you want to kill your own favorite franchise rather than just tell them the game looks like shit.
>>318050203
>passible gameplay
>>
>>318052786
Except dark moon was fucking shit
>>
Why don't they just make a new 2D Metroid. Development costs would be less and the game would sell extremely well.
Why don't they add the entire SNES, NES and GBA library to the 3DS virtual console? Do they hate money?
>>
>>318055716
Any new 2D Metroid would just get shit on for not being Super Metroid.
>>
>Metroidfags not eating Nintendo's shit
>Nintendo fans call them faggots

Metroids are the only left true Nintendo fans now.
>>
>>318055716
The 2D Metroid team is busy making non-Metroid games.
>>
>>318055525
/v/ also made a petition to fire Alison Rapp though.
>>
>>318049623
It seems like a stupid simple formula, way easier to make than Mario, like just let us run around, collect powerups, and give the player lots of movement options. Then just texture a bunch of long corridors and fill them with obstacles and add some bosses wow bam there is a $50 christmas game that literally everyone will buy you FUCKING IDIOTS
>>
>>318049847
It's not about being scared. Nintendo literally designated it as a First Person Adventure game so that's what it is.
>>
Reminder that Sakamoto is holding 2D Metroid hostage.

Reminder that Tanabe killed Metroid like he did to Chibi-Robo.
>>
>>318051568
Reminder that superfags stooped to their level and are just as bad.
>>
The feedback from fans was overwhelmingly negative and people who played it at E3 didn't like it at all. Like, even people who looked at it without knowing about Metroid were saying it's lame. Federation Force was scheduled for the Nintendo booth at gamescom but it was pulled and they put some Wii U games from last year in its place to fill the space.

considering the way Nintendo's been treating the game they're either going to make NLG majorly overhaul the game or cancel it altogether.

>>318055716
>and the game would sell extremely well
Metroid is actually not one of the major franchises for Nintendo in terms of sales. It's known to do terrible in Japan

>Why don't they add the entire SNES, NES and GBA library to the 3DS virtual console? Do they hate money?

Nintendo's been shitty with Virtual Console and put NES and SNES titles only on the Wii U for some reason. Metroid Fusion was part of the 3DS ambassador program which is why Nintendo refuses to release it
>>
>>318056198
When FedForce was revealed, I thought Sakamoto ordered Tanabe to do it because he wanted to see him humiliated like himself after Other M.
Then I played Chibi Robo and realized they're both fucking hacks.
>>
>>318052786
>tfw I waited a week and got hyped for FedForce
>tfw it's probably cancelled
>>
>>318056826
>Metroid is actually not one of the major franchises for Nintendo in terms of sales.

for a 2D game, it would. metroid is a million seller franchise, it's not like they have to dump a ton of money in it in the first place.
>>
>>318056182
>First Person Adventure game
those are walking simulators like Stanley parable prime is much more combat orientated so its a shooter
>>
>>318057214
>autism purge

We need to cancel more trash games.
>>
>>318057305
Wow where do I have to go to be the authority on what genre games are
>>
>>318057305
Adventure implies weapons nigga
>>
>>318057445
try google and do some research
>>
>>318057537
not unless its an action adventure game which is an action game with elements from adventure games
>>
>>318049623
>while you people on the other hand get all the games you want every year
>You people are just privilege!
You Metroidfags need to die.
>>
I just wanted a sidescroller ;;
ESPECIALLY ON THE 3DS
Why the fuck does everything have to be 3d now
>>
File: everyyear.png (5 KB, 241x168) Image search: [Google]
everyyear.png
5 KB, 241x168
>>318049623
>every year
lol
>>
>>318058358
>I'm talking to you mario and zelda fans and any other fanbases that gets games every year

I think he was talking about that rather than Metroid
>>
>>318050679
>Thinks he's making a point because he's getting image replies on an image board where the average response is an image or meme arrows
>>
>>318056826

Did anyone actually get their hands on the SP component, or did Nintendo restrict it the Blast Ball mode?
>>
>>318049986
Um, don't you do that in Prime?
>>
>>318050117
This.
>>
>>318050203
>Series gets ONE continuation story
>Series gets a remake & a mountain of fucking spin offs
Yeah we should be angry when been asking for a sequel since 2004.
>>
>>318050203
>passable gameplay
>Running and tapping a button rapidly because Samus auto-locks onto everything to win.
>Illusion of difficulty made by having to switch to a FPS missile mode with no ability to move around.
>>
I'm indifferent as fuck towards Federation Force.
I just want a Metroid 5, man.
>>
>>318049623
Why do people hate a fun handheld spinoff so much? I've loved metroid for a long time and never saw the issue with this.
>>
File: 53453.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
53453.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>318049623
>Let me throw in F-Zero and Mother fans to make my fanbase not look like ass and ungrateful pieces of shit

Worst fucking fanbase. Mother ended off right and Nintendo already said they don't know how to top F-Zero GX, meanwhile you guys are bitching about a spinoff that has nothing to do with the mainline.

Go end yourself.
>>
>>318050203
that's not appologists who blindly suck at Nintendo's cock
>>
>>318061045
>It's ok for it to be shit because it's a spinoff

I guess that means Ultra Smash and amiibo Festival are fine too.
>>
>>318061302
>implying
>>
>>318051568
Primefags ruined everything, can't go anywhere without them asking for more Prime shit.
>>
>>318051597
It really did, this is worst then that time Halo had that shit 5 year nonstop spin-off cycle.
>>
>>318052216
2.5d bro
>>
>>318053839
Unfortunately you're right.
>>
File: 1441136700243.jpg (512 KB, 1538x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441136700243.jpg
512 KB, 1538x1000
>>318061045
well he's right in a way. people do shit on mother and f zero fans for wanting new games though, hell i've seen people say that they don't deserve games because they don't sell as well as mario and pokemon. just retards all around
>>
>>318059867
>>Running and tapping a button rapidly to win.

>this is somehow different from any other game in the series
>>
>>318050217
>>318059402

This anon expressed it bad. What he wanted to say is that In shooters you have to aim the thing by yourself as "aiming" and your precision is the most important thing. In Metroid Prime you lock your target so you NEVER have to aim and be precise. Metroid Prime games are just adventures of a character that uses a canon as a tool of surviving,
>>
To this day I'll never understand all the love for Metroid. The Iga Castlevania games did the formula a whole lot better and has better music.
>>
I AM a part of the metroid fanbase and im calling the crybabies out for their shit. Im convinced that people throwing a fit over this game became fans relatively recently. If youve been a fan of the series for a long time you'd have to be more patient.
>>
>>318062108
The Metroid games did the formula perfect, just adventuring and finding powerups with real gameplay changes. IGAvanias are cool but muck up the formula with stats faggotry, grinding and luck-based item drops.
>>
>>318049623
But anon, every game in the past couple of months, every game shown during e3, smash, mario maker & splatoon...
ALL OF THEM are GARBAGE
I'm not sure why you actually still give a damn. It's clear that they make more money making amiibo. Hell, lets not kid ourselves, Bayonetta 2 wasn't bad but fuck that framerate, fuck there were only 2 enemies on the screen at max. Fuck everything about that game.
W101 was even worse.
Lets not fucking kid ourselves. Nintendo has been in 'decline' since the SNES.
God why are you suddenly caring about Metroid? They already outsourced Metroid 4. They already made that DS game.
They don't care for F-Zero either. They were going to let EA handle it. They've no idea what they're doing with their IPs and are losing developers right and left to them as they are forced to make mobile crap no one notices due to hard competition.
Why are you still playing video games? Who honestly gives a crap? It's a 240p handheld and an fps at that. Who honestly gives a fucking crap about anything Nintendo has to offer? All their products have been amiibo nickle n diming.
>>
>>318062041
the definitive version has manual aiming fixed that flaw
>>
>>318062293
star fox looks alright I guess
>>
File: Doubt.png (85 KB, 492x280) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85 KB, 492x280
>>318062292
>The Metroid games did the formula perfect
>>
>>318049623
>entitled brats or babies
Anon, only assholes feel that way. You aren't entitled, you're begrudging and alienated, and completely justified for feeling that way. It's unfortunate that Ninty can't conceptualize games of those franchises that have a mass enough appeal to justify their creation. The fact that Federation Forge is going to exist also makes me question if they can conceptualize niche or generic games of those franchises either. Personally, I'm a Zelda fan, but I didn't play Hyrule Warriors or Triforce Heroes. I don't want spin offs. I just want the proper next iteration of the core game. I don't blame you guys for wanting the same. As I said, you're completely justified to do so.
>>
>>318062447
Another retelling of the same story? the 4th time?
You could just play Sin & Punishment. It has actual gameplay. Your loss I guess.
>>
>>318062448
You like having stats in an action game or something faggot?
>>
File: normal_meme37.gif (1 MB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
normal_meme37.gif
1 MB, 600x664
@318049623
They messed with us and now they have to pay. Metroid fans unite!
>>
>>318062695

only thing worse than facebook memes are facebook memes in spanish
>>
File: 1401704435563.jpg (194 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1401704435563.jpg
194 KB, 569x629
>>318062536
but I already played sin & punishment
>>
>>318062898
That's an actual game. Star Fox is sub 30fps garbage.
>>
>>318062847
le american education face
>>
>>318062293
Jeez man why are you so bitter?
>>
>>318062610
You can literally ignore all that and not be handicapped.
>>
>>318063290
>y-y-y-you're just bitter
Grow up
>>
>>318062379

And you still have to lock on the foes to be able to run in circles around them and perform lateral jumps.
>>
>>318049847

Because if Prime is a "First Person Shooter" Zelda should be called "Third Person Sworder".
>>
>>318063410
And do what finish the game with the default pocket knife? No, you can't just ignore away core elements of a game's design.
>>
>>318062695
Ammazzati cane.
Metoroido è una cosa seria.
>>
>>318062293
>Metroid 4
>outsourced
And that's not even the most retarded thing in your post.
>>
>>318063651

so it's just an fps that ripped off zelda
>>
>>318050203
>mildly controversial
>overblown complaint
You're toning it down by a lot. If emotions and authorizations were the only things bad about that thing, then yeah it'd have just been a disappointing title, but that was not the case.

The gameplay and map design on a 3D game had been simplified to a point that not even the 2D games had ever gone. Even the original Metroid and Metroid 2 had better map design and more involved gameplay. Yes, I say that completely seriously, as someone who believes the first two Metroids aged like milk. A BABY could beat Other M just by fucking mashing buttons.

It wasn't just Samus having feelings. Having feelings alone would not have caused the sort of hatred from fans that game's story spawned. It's that every feeling shown had to do with extremely stereotypical and in some ways even offensive caricatures of the female condition. Obsession with motherhood, daddy issues, extreme, even irrational fear towards a creature that by that point in the time line had to have been--if you looked at Super Metroid and the original Metroid only--fought at least twice, thrice if you consider Zero Mission's added events as canonical, and like five or six times if you count the Primes on top of that. Furthermore... her emotions could cause the suit to fall apart? What? A single shot by a fucking ice beam to the back causes the suit to fall apart? WHAT?

Then there's the authorizations. I could understand if it had to do with restricting Samus's more destructive weaponry. But what fucking reason was there for mobility and environmental protection upgrades to be disabled? There's no rational reasoning for that. There's no reason why she should have suffered through extreme heat or bullshit gravity at any point in the game.

There's plot holes, not just in lore which would be fine, but the main fucking story. The Deleter plot is just completely dropped, and we only find out later, from outside materials, that it's this one guy but he's dead now.
>>
>>318064223
Prove me wrong
>team ninja
>d rockets
>>
>>318049623
>Zelda fans
>getting what we want

We haven't gotten what we want in years m8. Granted we don't have it nearly as bad as Metroidfags, but we have been getting consistent releases of shit for years now.

There's a reason why a lot of people are practically claiming they'll abandon the franchise if Zelda U ends up being another major disappointment.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1000x1000
I actually don't understand why people hate this game so much. It looks fun with friends. Yet whenever I've talked to someone who loves Metroid Prime they just want this game to die forever. It looks good like kinda like mindless Left 4 Dead fun and the soccer gamemode is looks nice too.
>>
File: Metroid Fusion (U).png (18 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Fusion (U).png
18 KB, 240x160
>>318064649

metroid fusion is metroid 4

first thing it says every time the game is turned on
>>
>>318064354
yup
>>318064582
This.
>>
>>318064894
Oh, you're just arguing semantics.
That's not what a retard is anon. Enjoy your useless banter.
>>
File: Metroid+-+Fusion_01.png (18 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Metroid+-+Fusion_01.png
18 KB, 240x160
>>318064649
>Other M
>Metroid 4
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>318064354
Essentially yes. Calling Metroid Prime a FPS is because it's first person and you shoot things is like calling Halo an RPG because its a game where you play the role of master chief, or like calling Super Metroid a run-and-gun like Contra because in both games you run and gun and they superficially look somewhat similar.

When in reality, shooting and first person view are incidental. It originally wasn't even going to be first person. It has much more in common with other 3D action adventure games like Ocarina of Time than half life and halo.
>>
>>318064764
Zeldafags are just whiny retards.
No better than Meleefags.
>>
>>318064582
>>318050203
The gameplay. Where the fuck do I even get started. Literally every other game in the series has demanded more of you. Every single fucking one. NINTENDOLAND'S METROID BLAST DEMANDED MORE OF YOU.

You hold forward and mash A and everything does. You come up against something mildly stronger, you rapidly tap to the sides and you'll dodge infinitely with ease, instantly charging your shot. The game, at no point in time, ever actually demands anything from you other than rapidly mashing buttons. It doesn't demand aim, it doesn't demand positioning, it doesn't demand timing.

Oh, well, actually no nevermind I'm wrong. It demands something of you twice during the last section of the game. First, it demands that you target the one thing that's not directly attacking you when the enemies move out of the way, then it demands you use an ability you haven't touched since the literal first five minutes of the game, however many hours later when it hasn't been relevant ONCE the whole time. How many people figured out to target MB or to use the power bomb by complete fucking random coincidence? Hell it doesn't even tell you it's been activated like literally every other authorized ability in the game. It isn't clever, it isn't foreshadowing, both instances are plain fucking bad game design.

Oh, and Samus wasn't even the only character assassinated here. Adam was fucked over pretty bad, too. In Fusion, the Adam AI gave me the impression of the original Adam being pretty competent. Here, he's neglectful, dickish, and just plain stupid.

Literally the only two slightly redeeming things about the game were a cameo by something that was supposed to be dead, and a cameo by something that shouldn't even exist yet, suggesting that Samus has fucking memory issues in a later game if she didn't immediately remember it from here upon seeing its shadow across the area walls.
>>
>>318064764
Fuck off. You regularly get new games. You had a D E C E N T Wii Title in 2011, ALBW in 2013, and a Wii U title sometime around the corner. And lets not forget remakes of WW, OOT, and MM. Don't give me that shit.

Metroid hasn't had a decent game since 2007. Only thing we've had since then was the utterly abysmal OM in 2010. And not a single shred about a new metroid game for 5 years. And after 5 fucking years, what do we get? A fucking chibi multiplayer spinoff. It's just insulting.
>>
>>318065861
I actually think Federation Force has the potential to be decent. Yeah it won't be the proper series revival we all want but I'm sure it'll probably be significantly better than Other M, and likely at least on par with if not slightly better than Prime: Hunters.

I'm still not sure why they had to go chibi, though. Is it to make the other monsters seem bigger in comparison? That can't be right. The space pirates look normal so the feds just look like fat manlets.
>>
>>318065715
I advice Nintendo to make a mainline Metroid game there fucking self & to not outsource it next time. They know we want Metroid 5. We didn't want a remake, more Primes, or whatever the fuck Other M was, we just want Metroid Fusion's sequel, & we want it to be a side scroller made by them in-house. The next game needs to focus more on gameplay over story.
>>
>>318066320
Honestly they could have just officially funded the AM2R guy in exchange for making the remake a 10 dollar buy on 3DS and/or Wii U. He'd finish faster and have additional resources to work with.
>>
>>318066168
Prime Hunters was a letdown, but it also came during the peak of the metroid revivial. We had just gotten a couple good metroid games and MP3 was just around the corner.
Totally different scenario where there has been a massive dry spell and nintendo has literally said they don't know what direction to take the franchise. So with that in context, FF is a massive slap to the face.

To put it another way, imagine how this goes down with the ninty executives.
- If FF does bad because it's not what Metroid fans want, they'll just say that Metroid doesn't sell and they'll can the franchise because we didn't buy the latest title
- If FF does well (probably because all the metroid fans buy it anyway just to show support) than this tells nintendo that chibi multiplayer games sell, and that becomes the direction they take the franchise. Either way, shit is fucked.
>>
File: retro.png (11 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
retro.png
11 KB, 300x500
What do you guys think Retro is working on right now? Donkey Kong? Metroid? Or something else?
>>
>>318066580
No, all this would mean if it did sell well is that Nintendo will think we want more Prime shit over a mainline game.
>>
>>318065715

the only thing in super metroid, fusion and zero mission that takes any serious aiming or technique is fusion's bosses. late game in all three samus is so overpowered mashing the shoot button is enough to decimate everything
>>
>>318066779
It's sure hell ain't Metroid that's for sure.
>>
>>318065008
>>>318064994
>>
File: 196079-metroid.png (1 MB, 1748x730) Image search: [Google]
196079-metroid.png
1 MB, 1748x730
>>318066580

it looked nice and had fun if broken multiplayer

>>318066779

a lot of staff left following metroid prime because their original projects were dropped in favor of becoming nintendo's lapdog

the people there probably want to work on something else
>>
>>318049623

I'm a Metroid fan and I'm caliing all the people who want this game canned entitled brats, fight me.
>>
File: 1409541546307.png (98 KB, 255x252) Image search: [Google]
1409541546307.png
98 KB, 255x252
>>318055475
You already did that by using a tripcode, tbqh pham
>>
>wasting time on metroid shit for ungrateful fans when they could be doing another mario game that the fans will love
what the fuck is wrong with nintendo?
>>
File: 1407438334924.png (213 KB, 343x432) Image search: [Google]
1407438334924.png
213 KB, 343x432
>>318062695
>Hyper Metroid uses the nude samus sprite on death
>>
>>318067165
It was an alright multiplayer FPS by DS standards, I suppose. But it was a terrible metroid game because the single player was god-awful.
>>
>>318059776
>mountain of spin offs
>only 2 in the entirety of the franchise
>>
File: 1445285430663.png (233 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
1445285430663.png
233 KB, 500x326
>>318050203
>passable gameplay is released
You are a huge nintendrone shill faggot. I hope you know that, and kill yourself because of it.
>>
>>318066580
In the single player it was sure a letdown, but people have praised it as being one of the best multiplayer FPSs the DS had at the time. They probably figured they could do something with that to buy themselves more time.

Really, I think the two biggest issues were:
1) showing it off so early, and during E3. It should have been shown during this recent Direct, or maybe a later one early next year, when they would have had more to show off, with polished visuals
2) Chibi. Why did it have to be chibi? Hunters wasn't chibi.

>>318067032
They're not arguing semantics, you're arguing something dumb. Other M is not Metroid 4. If you had said "my bad" and moved on with a different argument, you would have saved more face. Not that there's much point to saving much face in the first place on an ANONYMOUS IMAGEBOARD.

Other M wasn't even outsourced. It was made in cooperation. Sakamoto was working on it directly, writing the story, telling them what kind of gameplay he wanted to see. They were a third party contracted for development, but it wasn't outsourced.

>>318062293
Xenoblade Chronicles X, as a game, is good. The localization has taken some shitty turns but the actual game itself is pretty damn good.

>but fuck that framerate
>bayo 2
Mate it was 60 whenever there weren't enemies, hovered around 50 when there were, and occasionally dipped down to 40 when a lot of stuff was happening simultaneously. That it wasn't rock solid is a point against it, but it's not exactly sub-30 FPS. Also there were plenty of times where there were more than two enemies on screen, are you blind? Like half the muspelheims had six or more simultaneously.

>W101
Its framerate admittedly did shit itself whenever there was a Vorkken battle but the game itself was great, as was Bayo 2.
>>
>>318064803
It's because we haven't gotten a real metroid game since fucking 2006 when Prime 3 came out (Other M does not count)

Nobody wants this shit, the Metroid fans are starving for a real game in the series. If it had been announced alongside a new main series game I think the reception actually would have been overwhelmingly positive
>>
>>318067583
Aside from the missile mechanics the gameplay was fine.
Just not fine for Metroid.

Something like Ninja Gaiden or something would have worked better.
>>
>>318064803
Because we've been waiting for nearly a decade for a real Metroid game. Not some shitty spinoff that probably won't even have Samus in it.
>>
>>318067630
I wasn't asking for it, but since I've seen it I have wanted it, since while admittedly the ice beast capture mission didn't seem too engaging, the space pirate invasion looked kinda neat, and I don't think the treehouse covered all the customization options available.
>>
>>318067630
They should've announced two simultaneous Metroid games. a 3D game for Wii U and a sidescroller for 3DS. Just like they did in 2002 with Prime and Fusion.

Instead we get this shlock.
>>
>>318049623
I wouldn't mind this game if they didn't add the metroid title to it. its the only reason why they called it metroid so they can actually get more people to buy it and you fucking know it. period. end the thread
>>
>>318067846
The 2D Metroid team no longer exists and Retro Studios now works on IPs that actually appeal to people.
>>
File: punished reggie.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
punished reggie.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>318055218
BILL!?
>>
>>318067823
Pretty sure they mentioned Samus will make a cameo appearance at least, and participate in a metroid-hunting mission potentially.
>>
>>318067876
>its the only reason why they called it metroid so they can actually get more people to buy it and you fucking know it. period. end the thread
Fun fact, they were working on a Samus Metroid game prior to the shift to federation members. You can find their concept art for Samus online too.
It started out as a proper Metroid game.
>>
>>318067974
Oh boy, a cameo.
Willing to bet money she'll be zero suit too.
>>
File: 1400862599865.gif (45 KB, 165x180) Image search: [Google]
1400862599865.gif
45 KB, 165x180
>>318067823
I don't even care if Samus is the main character for the next game

I just want muh space exploration, xeno extermination game
>>
>>318068119
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>318067621
>that's not arguing semantics
Yes it is.
>>
>>318068147
Why would Samus fight Metroids of all things in Zero Suit?

I can't really remember when she's ever gone on some g-fed mission, or even a ship, in anything but full suit.
>>
>>318067823

So you never actually had to endure the wait between Super and Prime/Fusion, newfag? This shit is nothing new for Metroid.
>>
>>318068249
Who knows.
To be fair though their Samus was in the same style and looked like shit.
>>
>>318068310
No, it's not. It's pointing out a glaring mistake that you turned into part of your argument, because said glaring mistake ended up confusing multiple people because you couldn't say what was accurate, thus detracting from what little strength your argument had.
>>
>>318068498
>a glaring mistake
no, it's arguing semantics.
>>
>>318067564
Every Prime game is a spin off of the main series anon.
>>
>>318068341
Other M
>>
>>318050203
I never saw the authorizations as damaging to character development as other metroidfags have. It's just really bad game design. It's lazy and unimaginative to put a reason for you not to use tools at your disposal that you already have as lame as "because I said so".

It's creative bankruptcy in its loudest form. Call of duty levels of lazy.
>>
>>318053839

>Hyping for metroid with an orange
>Some devs do dares, others get tattoos
>He won't even hold an armadillo and risk getting leprosy

Why even try?
>>
>>318068945
That's like saying the non numbered Kingdom Hearts games are spin offs.
>>
>>318067964
R&D1 became SPD1 who are now known as EPD8, they still exist we just haven't heard anything from them. They may be making Metroid 5 for the NX.
>>
>>318069379
Other M is Metroid 5

Nintendo clearly is proud of the game and still acknowledges its existence

I'm still mad they used the Other M samus in smash, and used an Other M stage, and Other M Ridley
>>
File: 1447709709236.jpg (11 KB, 204x281) Image search: [Google]
1447709709236.jpg
11 KB, 204x281
>>318067973
>>
>>318051021
I kinda liked the dodging mechanic. I didn't mind a transition to a third person action game.

Phantoom was fucking fun, but the honestly very lame story got in the way of gameplay and exploration, which were staples of the franchise. Also, the tool lockdowns and those fucking pixle hunting segments were the worst.

Also there wasn't really anything new or interesting introduced save for a doding mechanic. Every other game introduced some kind of new core mechanic that made the game interesting in some way.
>>
>>318069282
Does the main series even mention them? Plus they are considered a sub series. If you ignored them it would be like they never happened. The Prime series had no affect on what happened in Metroid II & beyond.
>>
>>318069503
>Nintendo clearly is proud of the game and still acknowledges its existence
They don't.
The only reason for Smash is because Sakurai always goes with recent designs.
>>
>>318069146

it's not farfetched considering the games, which either offer no explanation or contrive some situation where she trips early in the game and the suit loses its abilities
>>
>>318069503
No it's not you fag, it's a non-canon interquel between Super & Fusion.
>>
>>318069503
You do know that Other M is an interquel set between Super and Fusion, right? Interquels aren't numbered, just like Hunters. Metroid 5 would be telling a whole new story after the events of Fusion.
>>
File: Capture.png (189 KB, 433x364) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
189 KB, 433x364
>>318069684
Whatever you say, buddy
>>
>>318064994
>gets btfo
>m.m.muh semantics...
>>
>>318069032
Allow me to pull back the goalposts.
I don't recall her ever going on a g-fed station in anything less than full suit while still-living people were on it.
>>
>>318069631
LOSING them is still better than having them and then being told not to use them "because."
>>
>>318069594
Not him but are you still talking about prime in the first half of your post or KH?

Also Prime is a side story not a spin off and yes there's a difference between the two.
>>
>>318069624
They are though! Other M received favorable reviews and even got a couple of awards

"Coolest Atmosphere" -Ign

"Best Wii Game 2010" - Gametrailers

"Game of the Year nominee" - Wired
>>
File: HNI_0030.jpg (3 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0030.jpg
3 KB, 260x194
>>318049623
>>
File: HNI_0031.jpg (6 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0031.jpg
6 KB, 259x195
>>
>>318049623
>prime babies whining they dont get another game when 2D fans have been in the dark even longer than F-zero kids.

Fuck everyone ITT. Yknow why Metroid 2D doesn't get another title too? because Modern Nintendo's cancerous faggot habit of shoving gimmicks into it wont work with 2D. Thats right I said it, fuck wiimote, fuck touchscreens, fuck gyros. Nintendo abandons shit now because it's too hard to think for them anymore since the Wii and DS clouded their mind with "WE GOTTA SHOVE INTRUSIVE CONTROL MECHANICS INTO EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT SELLS WELL TO MORONIC BABIES WITH NO STANDARDS".

fuck you all.
>>
>>318053437
>This is fucking sad.
>>318051597
>Metroid is Prime now.

Yes?
What did you think was going to happen? You all may not remember or even know but Konami had an article where they said they were trying to figure out what to do with Castlevania

You can only have so many games about Dracula/Metroids that use the Castlevania maps. I assume Lords of Shadow was their answer, and Prime looks like it's Metroid's answer

I remember when Prime was a huge seller, where are those folks? People obviously wanted it
>>
File: HNI_0029.jpg (8 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0029.jpg
8 KB, 291x173
>>
>>318049623

But Metroidfags are entitled babbies, and I played every Metroid game. The get one bad game and act like its the end of the world. Sonic has been through 3 games that are way worse than Other M, and it still lives on.

F-Zero doesn't sell, it's not what people (except for a very loud vocal minority, myself included) want.

Mother ended years ago, on it's on volition. Let another series take its place, which is will in the forseeable future.
>>
>>318069985

And Sonic '06 sold well enough to be considered a platinum seller on the 360, what's your point?

Just because it got a few paid reviews and a reference or two doesn't necessarily mean that the devs are actually proud of it, especially when most of the fandom would like to forget its existence.
>>
>>318070281
>F-Zero doesn't sell
It hurts to read that

IN THIS W-W-WORLD YOU'VE GOT TO B-BE STRONG
>>
>>318070158
>producing good games and slowly reviving IPs
WELP
>>
>>318070427
"We believe that it could be, should be a million unit title. We're not going to get there, not through the holiday. And we are doing a lot of thinking as to why, because it's a great game. The consumer reaction because of the quality has been strong. I think the marketing was strong, advertising was very good, the social media we did was very positive." -Reggie Fils Aime
>>
>>318070568
Said within a year of release. Not exactly proving your point here.

Also you shouldn't believe marketing guff
>>
>>318070281

Sonic got a succession of shitty games that were released one after another for several years on end.

Metroid hasn't had a good game in years and Nintendo basically pretends that it doesn't exist outside of one game every 5 years or so, if you're lucky.

Not even comparable.
>>
>>318070158
>Retards thinking that you can ONLY like the 2D or 3D Metroid games, and that they're mutually exclusive series.
Shitty bait.
>>
>>318070727
You got fucking btfo dude
>>
>>318069985
>Ign
>Gametrailers
>Wired
those are normie reviewers that review based on popularity

Why do people still care about what reviewers say?
>>
>>318070568

That's all just marketing speech to make people believe in whatever hype is still left after people realized how much is sucked ass.

Even a complete dumbass knows that you don't openly insult your product, even if it's bad.
>>
>>318069867

suppose it's a japanese thing
>>
>>318070727
It's just a quote showing that Nintendo does believe the game is high quality and meets their standards. At least they have to understand there has to be a reason it didnt sell well
>>
>>318070760
Everythings bait when you dont agree with it.
>>
>>318069907
Some guy was trying to say that the Prime games were part of the main series & they were essential to the story, I told him they weren't.
>>
>>318070568
If I ran Nintendo I would have just swept Other M under the rug and never mentioned it again
>>
>>318070158
This.
>>
>>318070819
>>318070920

How, because Reggie said some marketing bullshit to get people to believe that Metroid wasn't being outright abandoned by them?

If they honestly believed in Metroid: Other M being a solid game, why has it taken like 5 years to finally get another Metroid game and it's nothing like the previous game, in look or gameplay?

Say what you will about Sega, but at least they don't pretend that Sonic's games have been golden and then sit on the IP for half a decade while people wonder where it is.
>>
>>318070524

It honestly does hurt. Normies don't want high octane turbo boosting edge of your seat racing, they want track simulators with their Bugattis and F-Zero isn't niche enough where Nintendo can just constantly make low budget sequels for it years on end, like what Compile Heart does with Neptunia and Atlus for half of their IPs.

But at least F-Zero ended with a bang.
>>
>>318070923

Explain why I can't enjoy the 2D and 3D Metroid games.
>>
>>318069779
>gets btfo
Grow up child
>>
>>318062505
Triforce Heroes isn't spin-off, though.
>>
>>318049623
Suck my dick.

Try being a fan of Eternal Darkness.

Fucking entitled Metroid babies.
>>
>>318071338
U mad?
>>
>>318070917
I thought westerners were supposed to be the lazy devs.
>>
>>318070568
lol they're never gonna trust sakamoto with a budget ever again
>>
File: 1395117330829.jpg (7 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1395117330829.jpg
7 KB, 220x220
>>318070568
>"The consumer reaction because of the quality has been strong"

That's one way to put it
>>
>>318071453
>tfw no Viewtiful Joe 3 to wrap things up
I would even pay to a kickstarter of there was a chance it could happen.
>>
File: 1445494313036.gif (21 KB, 94x109) Image search: [Google]
1445494313036.gif
21 KB, 94x109
>>318072035
>Kamiya does a poll on whether people want to see Viewtiful Joe 3 or Okami 2 directed by him
>Okami 2 blows VJ out of the fucking water

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCKING NORMIE CASUALS CANT HANDLE AN ACTION GAME
>>
>Tfw no good new 2D Metroid, 3D Metroid, Pokemon, 2D Castlevania, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, F-Zero, Secret of Mana, Banjo Kazooie, 3D Zelda, Starfox, Paper Mario, Mischief Makers, Legend of Dragoon, Dino Crisis, Bully, Devil May Cry, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Megaman Battle Network, Megaman X, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana

Sure maybe I'll get Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but I don't want that shit. I want a good Paper Mario. They've ruined all these franchises.
>>
>>318071502
How could I be mad at children? they can't help their condition.
>>
File: 1410731188833.jpg (155 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
1410731188833.jpg
155 KB, 473x355
>>318071453
>comparing Eternal Darkness to one of Nintendo's former flagships
Come on now. I know we're entitled, but that's some real bullshit.
>>
>>318072297
It's a sin to have stopped making Battle Network games when online gaming became so predominant.

>>318072234
This is equally frustrating, where the fuck is my new Viewtiful Joe game?
>>
>>318072563

Better to die than to be killed and brought back.
>>
>>318072297
Bloodstained might be cool.
>>
>>318072372

>implying Metroid was ever flagship.
>>
as if some people clicking dislike on a video actually does anything
it's sad that it's all these people have
>>
>>318073459
It definitely was. At least in the US.
>>
>>318073714
Obviously it sent a clear message if it was 90% dislikes and angry comments

>>318073459
Do you not remember the hype for Metroid Prime?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.