[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/psp-play station-store-close-marc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: PSP-PS-Store-Shutdown-Ann.jpg (61 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
PSP-PS-Store-Shutdown-Ann.jpg
61 KB, 600x338
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/psp-playstation-store-close-march-31-japan
>Sony Computer Entertainment will close the PlayStation Store on PSP in Japan on March 31, 2016, the company announced.

>This means that you will no longer be able to purchase PSP content via the PSP PlayStation Store. However, PSP content will still remain available to purchase via the web store, PlayStation 3 store, and PS Vita store. And previously purchased content can still be directly downloaded to PSP.

Goodnight sweet prince
>>
>>318046692

> over 90m sold
> software sales over 320m
> gonna be 12 years old when store closes

its time to let go
>>
>>318046692
I am surprised it is still up, anyone that still uses a psp is with custom firmware.
>>
>>318046692
>using any PSP with OFW
why the fuck would you do that
pirating shit on it is easier than installing official games through PSN
>>
The Playstation Store on the PSP was significantly better than PS3, PS4 and Vita
>>
>>318046830
>anyone that still uses a psp is with custom firmware.
>>318048375

Fuck you pirate scums.
I still have it with OFW, and still plays UMDs.
Which reminds me, I gotta buy a second one to have it for stock, before they become rare

Also I always wanted that Hana Montana Lilac one, no gay
>>
>>318048520
The PS3 one used to be just like the PSP one, but they changed it for some reason a few years back.
>>
>>318048867
Yeah, they decided to make the PS3's store like the PS4's, and it became a slow clusterfuck of shit that frequently closes itself.
>>
>>318048778
>translation patches
>undubs
>uncap processor
>screenshots
just some of the stuff you can do
even if you want to play with your UMDs, you'll still have more benefits. you don't even have to pirate games, just rip the ISO of your vidya through the PSP itself
OFW just gimps your console
>>
>>318049350
not to mention you can play a fuckton of PS1 games that aren't on the PS store, like Musashi and Legaia
>>
>>318049350
Yeah, just the usual shitposting man.
I do have it with OFW, but I've wanted to put CFW on it because I don't know how long the laser / reader thingy will last, or even if it still works. Last time I played it was on Sept 2014.

Even then I'd only play games I've officially bought, already have enough of a backlog.
>>
>>318049635
not to mention that since you're ripping the games off the UMDs you can keep them stored in good condition until you decide to sell them or collect them in a decent state, instead of having to carry them around
>>
>>318048520
The Vita store is the only one that isn't like pulling teeth

Actually downloading the games on the PSP store was a pain in the ass, anyway, so it's not too big of a loss.
>>
>>318049873
also, less loading times since it doesn't need to read the disc, it's all installed there already.
Dissidia, Crisis Core and KHBBS work significantly betterthat way
>>
>>318049873
Yeah, that a big plus.
Now, if I really started googling about it and not just go "I'll do it later"...
Fuck it, I'll worry when the reader dies.
>>
>>318050417
but if you wait until then you won't be able to rip your games anymore, you'll have to pirate if you want to fully install them
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.