[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Press F to pay respects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Xbox-360-Wired-Controller[1].jpg (427 KB, 3400x2400) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-360-Wired-Controller[1].jpg
427 KB, 3400x2400
Well, after 10 years my Xbox 360 Wired Controller For Windows has had its first malfunction. The right bumper no longer works, unless I put a lot of pressure on it. Gotta say I'm quite impressed how much of a beating this thing took.

So I ask you /v/, should I buy another one or is the Xbox One controller a better choice?
>>
Monitoring this thread because i have a 360 controller
>>
>>318045302
buy another one
the xbone controller's bumpers are garbage
>>
>>318045302
xbone controller is better version, improved in every way. I also used wired 360 pad for like 8 years.
>>
>>318045493
>>318045494
they already redid the bumpers. those of us who got the first edition are just boned unfortunately

it was the only problem with the controller....the only other real problem is the bright xbox light that you can't turn off, i just put tape over it.
>>
xbone is basically the same w/ a better dpad
>>
>>318045302
get the bone or better yet, invest in a DualShock 3 and have a better d-pad and bumpers that don't fail you. I don't get some guys on /v/ saying how the triggers are shit. it's not true imo. these guys are probably just used to concave ones.
>>
>>318045302
I've blown through three of these because of street fighter. The sticks always gets fucked up. The rest of the controller works great though.
>>
>>318045595
This. They've also improved the rumble. Really enjoy it to press the controller against my penis while shooting at people.
>>
>>318045718
Do you have a decade old DualShock 3 that hasn't failed in any way?

Also I hate convex sticks, no thanks.
>>
>>318045718
The DS triggers are too small.
Hell, that should be the tagline for the controller: too fucking small.

>>318045302
Have you taken it apart and cleaned it?
Might be that something is trapped under the bumper.
>>
>>318045718
>segmented d-pad
>better than anything

as someone who grew up during the golden age of gaming I can't understand how anyone could ever say the ps dpad was better than anything. segmented dpad = broken, nonfunctional dpad.

xbone dpad blows it out of the water, even though dpad should be your last consideration when buying a controller, it's 2015 ffs
>>
>>318045907
>Have you taken it apart and cleaned it?
Just took it apart, didn't see any visible gunk or dust. Blew some air into it, put it back together and now it works perfectly again.

Thanks anon.
>>
Make a raft for it (make sure it is fireproof and tested if it floats just to make sure) then go to the nearest beach.
After that is done, burn your controller with gasoline while it is on sea
>>
>>318048923
Yes all those toxic fumes of melted burning plastic released into the local river.
>>
File: Selection_010.png (67 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
Selection_010.png
67 KB, 351x351
>>318045302
>The right bumper no longer works,
Just buy a micro switch and replace it. Its easy as fuck to do you will have to desolder the trigger switch to get to it though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.