[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: hitman_1.jpg (21 KB, 296x316) Image search: [Google]
hitman_1.jpg
21 KB, 296x316
I've never played a Hitman game but I apparently have a bunch of them on steam

Is it worth playing them all or do the later games just do what the earlier games do but better?

If I watch the movie will it spoil the games?
>>
Don't bother with Codename 47 since most of the missions are remade in Contracts and i'd advise you to not play Absolution if you value your sanity. The movies don't spoil anything but I'd recommend not watching them, especially the second one.
>>
File: 1383452679619.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1383452679619.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
>>318037840
Start with 2 then 3 then 4

Everything else is shit.

1 is not shit just fairly dated and I really doubt you have the patience to play it.
>>
>>318037840
play 2 and blood money
>>
Also, the AI in Hitman 2 can be unforgiving at times, you'll see when you play it. They fixed that in Contracts and Blood Money.
>>
2, contracts ad blood money are worth playing. Codename 47 is way too clunky at this day and age and absolution is a modern shitty reimagination.
>>
>>318037934
I agree about Codename 47, disagree about Absolution. Not saying it's the best but it has it's moments
>>
>>318038051
>dressed in soldier coat
>have ak-47 equipped
>run for two meters
>cover has been blown
Also
>the sniper has acquired the target
>>
>>318038050
>They fixed that

Ob boy casuals arrived.
>>
>>318038078
Best I can do is advise him to play it on the easiest difficulty so he can enjoy it. I played it on the hardest one and I was ready to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>318038138
meant for >>318038050
>>
File: 1390213806551.jpg (52 KB, 546x704) Image search: [Google]
1390213806551.jpg
52 KB, 546x704
>>318038147
Are you mentally challenged? Are you denying that the AI in Hitman 2 isn't broken at times? Are you seriously going with this?
>>
File: hit.jpg (110 KB, 626x439) Image search: [Google]
hit.jpg
110 KB, 626x439
Ok cool thanks for all the info guys

Also what do you think of the current direction of the Hitman series?

I was looking at what order the games are in and saw they've done a few phone games. How were they?
>>
>>318038325
Well at E3 they emphasized the multiple paths to the goal so that sounds like proper Hitman, but it can easily just be a choice between three equally linear corridors instead of sandbox puzzle levels.
>>
>>318038147
Enjoy your fucking unstable and inconsistent AI, fuckwit. Contracts had it balanced out perfectly. Feel free to reply to this with your next buzzword.
>>
>>318038325
Hitman Go is actually quite fun.
>>
>>318038506
>arrive at big mafioso mansion
>take out mailman
>put on mailman clothes
>start sprinting right at the guards at the heavy security gate
>they open fire

>WHAT THE FUCK BROKEN AI THIS SHIT IS STUPID
>>
File: 1414077357379.jpg (80 KB, 884x574) Image search: [Google]
1414077357379.jpg
80 KB, 884x574
>>318038978
dude
>>
>>318038796
Who the fuck sprints? The game even tells you that sprinting near guards is a bad fucking idea. AI is still broken even without sprinting. Try again, dumbass.
>>
>>318039103
How about you take some valium, calm down, and come back when you're actually ready to talk about why the AI is broken.
>>
>>318039040
yeah, my memearrow is right next to the W, my bad. My point still stands tho. Hitman 2 isn't a bad game at all, I love it since it has my fav maps but saying that the Hitman 2 AI isn't unstable and inconsistent makes you look like a delusional faggot.
>>
Absolution is the best. Everything else is unplayable low budget crap
>>
File: 8454-hitmanbloodmoney.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
8454-hitmanbloodmoney.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1200
OFFICIAL GUIDE ON HOW TO PLAY HITMAN

Hitman 1: Make a profile called "Kim Bo Kastekniv" so you get access to all levels. Play "Traditions of the Trade" for a while, try to beat it in a perfect way, enjoy.

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin: Play on Professional and try going as stealthily and perfect as you can EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING SHIT MISSIONS:
-Tubeway Torpedo
-Hidden Valley
-At The Gates
-Graveyard Shift
-Motorcade Interception
-Tunnel Rat
-St. Petersburg Revisited

Hitman Contracts and Blood Money: Excellent ass games. Enjoy them as best as you can.

Hitman Absolution: Optional, play if you want to see how far the series went down the gutter.
>>
>>318039158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6In4tD_0cSk

I rest my case
>>
>>318038325
Hitman Go is an incredibly fun game, I really really fucking enjoyed my time with it.

The PC/Console version of Hitman Sniper Challenge is also quite fun for a bit.

Hitman Sniper is alright. It's fun for a bit but it gets repetitive, considering it's always the same level with different challenges.

Let's hope Hitman 6 is a return to the glory on the main series side of thing. I played the Closed Alpha and it played exactly how I wanted, but there will only be 6 maps, which makes me a little worried (even if they are very big)
>>
>>318039336

This guy knows what's up. Props.
>>
>>318039336
>hating Tubeway Torpedo and St. Petersburg Revisited

I mean I understand having gripes with At The Gates and Graveyard shift even though they were still pretty good, but what the fuck dude?
>>
>>318039158

How about you git gud

The only mission with noticeably inconsistent AI was the mosque sniper one.
>>
>>318039367
Yeah, even on the best levels of Hitman 2 (Anathema being one of them) the A.I. is way too unforgiving, and I don't mean this in a "omg too hard" because I beat the whole fucking game on Pro/SA so you can suck my dick.

It's just not fun, disguises should work at least a little bit. That's also a problem with Absolution ("Purist" my fucking ass)

Contracts had the perfect balance, Disguises were just hard enough that you sweated when you passed by people but not so hard that they're useless.

Blood Money had the disguises be perhaps a bit too easy, but it's irrelevant because that game is still fucking GOTYAY and legitimately my favorite game ever.

I like Hitman 6's system of having disguises be fool-proof until you meet a Chief (People who know what the people under them look like, Chefs know all the cooks, Chief Guards know all the Security Guards) and a few Elites (People that can see through disguises, bodyguards or people of importance)
>>
>>318039684

*edit* and that glorious nippon tunnel if you're going for Silent Assassin
>>
>>318039684
Are you completely illiterate? Can you not follow a simple, 1 to 1 conversation chain? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: rubber-duck-and-toaster.jpg (246 KB, 1467x1080) Image search: [Google]
rubber-duck-and-toaster.jpg
246 KB, 1467x1080
>>318039578
Eh, I don't have that much a problem with St. Petersburg Revisited, story-wise it was cool, it's just that it's not fun to try to get Pro/SA in that mission.

Tubeway Torpedo is straight up a shit mission, completely fucking linear and a slog to go through. It's the equivalent of the average Absolution level only back in the 2000s
>>
>>318037840
Hitman blood money > Hitman 2 silent assassin > hitman contracts > hitman codename 47 > Hitman absolution
>>
>>318039713
Why are you replying to me when I am the one saying that the AI is unforgiving, unstable and inconsistent?

You should talk to this/these guy/s
>>318038147
>>318038796
>>318039158
>>
>>318038286
>>318038506
Not really. In all missions you deal with targets with very high security and extremely suspicious guards. Making guards ignore you if you run or carry the wrong gun or be in the wrong place is not "fixing" it.

People like you is why Absolution was made and why everything in video games went to shit.

>>318039336
>Tubeway Torpedo
>At The Gates
>Tunnel Rat

>shit
>>
>>318039805

I'm not the one overreacting at a miss click on a post number. I was on your side too, ballbag.
>>
>>318039915
I was agreeing with you, friend. That's why I said "Yeah"
>>
File: RAGE.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
16 KB, 291x300
>>318039973
>Tunnel Rat
>Not Shit

It's literally the shittiest mission in all of the Hitman series. That includes C47 and Absolution. Yeah. I fucking said it.

I DARE you to go Pro/SA on that mission without looking up anything on youtube. I guarantee you, after you're done, you will share my opinion. 100% Guaranteed.

Hidden Valley gets a lot of bad rep and it deserves it, especially because of the truck bug. But Tunnel Rats is the real evil.
>>
OP, play them all.

Codename 47 isn't all that hard and it's pretty short. The story revealed in notes near the targets is really quite neat.

Also in contacts in Rotterdam you have to AT LEAST ONCE steal a SWAT uniform and get to the last warehouse to join in the assault. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>318040224

what the fuck was difficult about Tunnel Rat? Don't give me a "confirmed for not played" just take a deep breath and type out what you struggled with.
>>
>>318040132
My apologies.

Meanwhile this fucktard >>318039973
comes in and puts words into my mouth.
>>
>>318040323

you're a very angry young man. Probably violent video games.
>>
>>318040224
Where does this shitty attitude come from? If you can't get SA in the level then it's le broken shitty garbage and needs a fix?

Some levels are hard(to get SA), and I like them that way. Try again if you failed, you'll eventually do it even if it takes 10 years, doesn't mean the level is shit and WHHAH WHAH BROKEN.

Could those of you who spam buzzwords like broken and glitchy elaborate on what exactly you refer to when you say that?
>>
>>318039973
Yeah you really are retarded, why are you grouping me with casuals when I played and finished every hitman game on the highest difficulty numerous times? why are you this delusional? Why do you even THINK I enjoyed that abomination called absolution? This has to be bait, nobody is this out of touch. Holy hell.
>>
>>318040519

Anon, you're arguing with people used to checkpoint systems and recharging health. Don't waste your digital breath. This is why I hate it when people say to skip Codename 47 - it's a great little game with the only minor complaint of not being (realistically) finish it SA.
>>
>>318040556
You're not a casual. You just get extremely vocal when everything doesn't go the way you want it. Repeat that 1000000000 times over the last 15 years and we went from devs trying to make the hardest games to devs just making the easiest ones.

Imagine a reality when not every faggot complained about AI on shitty internet forums and instead praised the game for its unforgiving AI. Contracts would've been even harder and BM even more and maybe just maybe Absolution wouldn't come to existence. The last one is a stretch but it's the same thing that's been happening with a lot game franchises and it really helped ruin video games.
>>
>>318040982
>hard
I never said Hitman 2 was hard, unforgiving at times as in broken at times, the game doesnt stop from being fun at all. Contracts hit that perfect middle ground. BM should be played on Pro so it's atleast abit challenging since the disguises are OP in that.

Look at >>318039367
>>
>>318040852
>you're arguing with people used to checkpoint systems and recharging health

I wouldn't say that. People like that wouldn't even pass the tutorial. It's just a different kind of cancer. I'm not trying to shitpost the hardest here.

I love Hidden Valley. It's THAT LEVEL but I actually like the concept of THAT LEVEL. Play old games and those levels pop up all the time. Modern games don't do that anymore and everything is just the same and no effort is made to FORCE you to change strategies and get creative.

The real problem with Hidden Valley is sometimes the AI get run over by the truck and it ruins your ranking. Sometimes. That's just a glitch. The AI is fine. It's not a broken level or whatever buzzwords people like to throw around.
>>
>>318039367
That's no a problem with the AI system. My god do people even know what AI means?
>>
>>318041341
>I love Hidden Valley

The most non-Hitman level in the entire series.

>I actually like the concept of THAT LEVEL
Well ain't you a special snowflake.
>>
>>318037840
Play Blood Money, disregard the rest.
>>
>>318037840
>but I apparently have a bunch of them on steam

Lately night drunk binge buying sessions is the best.
>>
>>318040301
>>318040519
But I did Pro/SA it. That's the thing. It was one of the worst experiences in gaming and by far the worst experience in the Hitman series.

I again dare you to Pro/SA Tunnel Rats again. I assure you will agree me by the time you finally manage.
>>
>>318041341
I love your "I am right and you are wrong" mentality.

>The AI is fine
Ok, buddy.
>>
>>318041341
You suck shit. But you're right in one thing. The worst part of the Hidden Valley level is the Truck Bug. It ruined like seven of my runs. It's really not that uncommon a bug.
>>
>>318041621
So what, you want all levels to be Traditions of the Trade clones?

I bet you played BM first. Hitman was never specifically just that playstyle and there are situations where disguises won't do you any good, that's how Hitman was since day 1 and it makes the most sense.
>>
>>318038078
the only pro that i can give to absolution is that its probably the least shitty reboot of all the reboots we've had since the whole reboot faggotry started. that said, its still a shit game.
>>
>>318041906
Explain why it's not fine then

>muh buzzwords
>>
Don't listen to the fucking underage retards telling you to skip codename 47
It is dated but it's still a good game,you'll learn more about hitman's backstory and shit and it's pretty fun
>>
>>318042029
It's not a reboot, though.
>>
>>318041969
You are wrong on so many levels, you became a parody of yourself. I actually played and enjoyed Hitman 2 first.

>dissing ToftT
Nigga, that's the best level in C47 and Contracts.
>>
>>318041969
>Hitman was never specifically just that playstyle and there are situations where disguises won't do you any good, that's how Hitman was since day 1 and it makes the most sense
Yeah, but then they realized that what makes Hitman unique and fun is the disguise play. They realized that Traditions of the Trade was the only good thing about C47 and rightfully modeled the games after it. Thus Contracts and Blood Money, the best games of the series, were born.
>>
>>318042070
The thing is if he's a steam user and he bought 5 games without realizing then he most likely belongs to that category himself.
>>
>>318042153
I'm not "dissing" it lol. I just think the game can accommodate several playstyles.

>>318042229
Also the easiest games. Confidence that they appeal to you the most? Yeah this is basically your entire argument:
>I want thing more baby casual mode because FUN and shit bro
SA will always be the best Hitman.
>>
>>318042070
>dated
And that's the problem, anon. C47 is a fun game and it can be hilarious at times but most newcomers to the series get turned off by now shitty graphics and clunky controls. You can't blame ppl for recommending to skip it. They can always play the newer ones first and come back to C47 with an open mind.
>>
>>318042469
>SA will always be the best Hitman.
s͘mh t͘bh f͘am
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.