[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't the HD versions of this game been fixed even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: SONIC-002.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
SONIC-002.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
Why haven't the HD versions of this game been fixed even 2 years after release? It's obviously a popular game, why is the chao world still broken?

The story modes are fine and dandy and all, but after you beat those, the chao garden can add many, many extra hours of play time. Except this time around it's broken unlike the GCN version. After some testing, you can only generate 3 different lists and these will never change. So not only can we get not those nifty jewel chao from trading with sonic adventure/DX, we can't get any of the character chao OR 3 specific colors that you could in the gcn version. And that's not counting how some chao textures are broken.

Why did they release the HD version in a broken state and still haven't fixed it?

Also, dumb broken game with no dev support general I guess.
>>
>>318031956

Stop bitching about games released before your time.
>>
>>318032104
Didn't know it was only toddlers that cared about playing non-broken games after they're released.
>>
Because SEGA doesn't give a shit.

And the issues with the chao garden is something that less than 1% of people would even notice.
>>
Bugs tend to be exploitable in Sonic games. They're the rare instance I would want a buggier version.

In Sonic Adventure 2B AND Sonic Advance, I've had one instance each where I'm temporarily given 100% completion data when I loaded the game. GC version too. There's also been an instance my eldest and favorite chao that died of time reappeared in my garden sans egg. Made up for losing my gold one in a Race save.
>>
>>318034959
Some bugs are fun. I'm fine with those existing like the chao key glitches and level skips. But there's content that's straight up not available in this game due to bugs. You can't even get the best chao colors like yellow and pink. I wanted to make a cute audino with the pink chao.

>>318034481

They have noticed though, because the broken chao were dubbed "bright chao". And lots of people complain about not being able to trade with SADX.

There's even one dude that was even forced to make a mod for the PC version because of how shit it was.
>>
>>318035212
It is bullshit, frankly I think the only reason people haven't brought it up much is because purchases of SA2B were for the sake of support and already had older versions or emulated it.

Why not send emails to SEGA and hammer the point home?
>>
>>318033216
I was able to beat all versions of it, you sure you just don't suck?
>>
>>318035212
>forced to make a mod

Oh no, hope he didnt get whipped too hard by the slave owner
>>
File: 1311933686461.jpg (47 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1311933686461.jpg
47 KB, 704x400
>Had my first Chao for about seven years
>It finally outright dies
>So distraught I stop playing SA2B entirely for years
>Get a Gold egg from SA1 and build a Run type of it
>Lose it in a freeze mid-save
>Stop again
>Come back years later
>The first chao is back
>No eggshells, adult form but no stats

I was so happy I cried twice as hard as when it left. Still got her too.
>>
File: comparisont.jpg (516 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
comparisont.jpg
516 KB, 1920x2160
sega isn't perfect at pc ports. the shiny bright chao could have been a lazy fix to make sure people don't end up with invisible chao, or it could have been an unfortunate opps during the porting process.

also some lighting code is gone from the game. this is true to other ports sega did.

also regarding hidden chao you can't get, theres still cheat engine to get everything and more.
>>
>>318035787
Are you not reading it right or are you just retarded? Beating the game is easy. But that's completely unrelated to what I'm talking about.

>>318035328
I don't think they'll give a fuck at all. I saw a thread on the official forums that asked the same questions I have and the thing devolved into shitflinging in 3 record posts. 17 pages later and the question never got answered.

There's a mod on PC that basically unlocks the chao garden and makes it so you can purchase/earn any egg and any combination in the game. There's even a made-from-scratch fan-game too with lots of content, but I don't have a gaming capable PC. I can barely run a game like terraria without it whining. So I have to stick to consoles.

>>318036960
The first time i made a shiny version of the regular chao i was blown away. Then my brother and I decided to sell our wii to buy the 360(it sounded like a good idea back then).

A few years later the memory card I had the chao in got lost. I fucking hate memory cards.
>>
>>318037598
Sega isn't perfect at console ports either, seeing as the version i'm talking about in the op is HD ps3 release. It's a half-baked port with some features stripped out.

At the end of the day, it's easy to get a mod or an editor to get whatever you want, but it's more satisfying to get things legitimately. Unfortunately you can't even do that with this port.
>>
>>318038103
Get a new Wii and CFW it to run the rom off of it?

I wasn't even aware consoles got the HD port, thought it was just a PC thing.
>>
>>318038103
>It's a half-baked port with some features stripped out.
what
literally all its missing is some chao colors
>>
>>318038246
Don't talk shit about chao.
>>
>>318031956

It was literally a cheap cash grab, they don't care about longievity
>>
>>318039312
in thatcase they could have ported the gcn instead of the dreamcast ver.
>>
>>318040097

The dreamcast version was probably easier to port for whatever reason
>>
Thats good. Chao Garden faggots getting fucked is a great thing. You're playing the wrong game for an autism experience, try some highly lauded shovelware like pokemon instead.
>>
>>318040097
It was literally the gc version.
what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
Because people like you will still buy this shit.

I bet you think 06 wasn't that bad either.
>>
>>318041302
the rng works differently. calm down, chum.

>>318041650

i have not played a single sonic game released after adventure 2. I also don't care for the "good ol 90's" any more than you care for this game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.