[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grumpcade - Halo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-04-09-43_1.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1436) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-04-09-43_1.jpg
222 KB, 1080x1436
>tfw a game you like is sparred the Arin Hanson treatment and is instead played by Ross and Barry in a side project nobody will watch or remember
Feels good.
>>
Sonic Adventure fags would have killed for this.

Their game is now forever considered shot by the masses because Arin absolutely sucked at it and hated on it.

Halo will be sparred because nobody gives a shit about non-Arin grumps and even if they did it's not like Ross and Danny try to objectify everything.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
>videos have been out for days
>Literally 4 thousand views
I've had to watch as the legacies of literally a dozen of my favorite games are turned to shut by Arin and Halofags are going to get off Scott free.
Fuck this world.
>>
I've seen a few threads basically saying the same thing.

Can someone explain the logic to me?

How does a game getting the secondary grump treatment as opposed to the main grump treatment not tarnish its legacy?
>>
It's a shame really.
If any game deserved to have its legacy destroyed by Arin, it's Halo.
>>
Who gives a FUCK about youtubers
>>
>>318028189
Thankfully The Runaway Guys are playing Sonic Adventure right now -- yeah, they're showcasing the glitches, and the voice acting and everything, but they still have a much more positive outlook on the game. If you can deal with them fucking around for a video or two it's a good series.
>>
kill yourselves kids
>>
>>318028394
>Can someone explain the logic to me?
>How does a game getting the secondary grump treatment as opposed to the main grump treatment not tarnish its legacy?

So basically when Arin and Dan play a game, 2 things happen.
1. Arin purposely dies to extend the amount of episodes the series can have while also sucking all around
2. Atom shit talks the game

The result of this is that GG's enormous fan base of teens and preteens takes to the internet to claim the game is shit.
We most recently saw this with Sonic Adventure. For the record, I've always thought SA was pretty bad, but as of late there's been tons of bloods and amaeture YT videos posted about how bad the game is.
Basically, Arin knows he has a following and uses it to effectively retcon history and destroy the legacies of games he doesn't like/sucks at.

However, when Barry and Ross play a game, they don't try to be contrarian or "objective", they just play the game. They absolutely suck at it, but they still only play it.

As a result, nobody cares about those videos.
The best thing that can happen to a game you like is to be played by Ross/Barry.
Any popular game that has not been featured by either group is basically in limbo until it is.
>>
>>318028781
>bloods
Shit I meant "blogs"
>>
>>318028527
>who gives a FUCK about youtubers?
Millions of people.
Enough to change the public outlook of a game you like and want to be considered good because you have a bias towards it.
>>
>>318028969
Millions of kids maybe.
>>
>>318028969

holy fucking sheepmind

go back to reddit please
>>
>>318028992
>Millions of kids maybe.
Well yes, but the internet doesn't distinguish between age (unfortunately)
>>
>>318028781
>As a result, nobody cares about those videos.

Undertale was super popular.
>>
Bryan is the smuggest, most arrogant piece of shit in the universe and I love it.
>>
literally cancer
>>
>>318028058
>300k views

That it?

Tumbling down.
>>
>>318030437
I get that arrogance is his shtick, but it bugs me when there is no back and forth. Although from recent episodes I'm glad Barry has stepped up and started sassing him back, makes for a much more enjoyable experience.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.