[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play open world game >customize character as female >game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Fallout4FemaleCharacter.jpg (20 KB, 250x268) Image search: [Google]
250px-Fallout4FemaleCharacter.jpg
20 KB, 250x268
>play open world game
>customize character as female
>game is easier
Am i the only one that sees it?
>>
What do you mean by "open world game," exactly?
>>
>>318025982
Fallout, Skyrim, Saints Row, those types with character customization...
>>
>>318025364

i think maybe you see what you want to see, anon

2bh
>>
>>318026390
Are they Our Pee Jeez, with stats and stuff? Skyrim and Fallout are. Because in that case it depends on how you build your character. That is to say, stats/perks/traits that are endemic and exclusive to female people. Things you can choose to not pick.
>>
>>318026450
Its sorta true in the FO games due to the black widow perk/skill. Means you do more damage to males, and the majority of enemies tend to be males. But otherwise not true at all. Especially not in Saints Row when your gender doesn't matter one bit.
>>
>>318026603
FO games also have the Confirmed Bachelor perk/skill that does more damage to males. Please tell me you don't exclusively play female characters anon.
>>
>Play Fallout 4
>It's shit
Am i the only one that sees it?
>>
>>318027138
I could have sworn that perk only does more damage to females?
>>
>>318027292
It does in FO4. You deal extra damage to the opposite sex.
>>
>>318027290
>play video games
>they're shit
Am I the only one that sees it?
>>
>>318027138
Confirmed Bachelor is only in New Vegas.
>>
>>318025364
>fallout: nv
>roll female
>sleep with benny
>avoid entire fight
>beat him to death afterwards with a pool cue while he is sleeping

not sure if its less difficult but damn if it ain't funnier
>>
>>318027138
Black Widow is the Fem version of the skill, small damage boost and speech check vs. males.
>>
>>318027405
Yeah, pretty sure FO3 had something similar. Think it was something like Lady Killer or whatever, but the point is that the female players would have an advantage by taking it due to there being more male enemies in the game than female.
>>
>play open world game
>customize characters as females
>some professions are locked
Fucking artificial difficulty.
>>
>>318026582
Funny enough the Black Widow perk is objectively better than the male counterpart Lady Killer. The vast majority of enemies are male, so are pretty much all of the important enemies. So a perk that gives increased damage against men is objectively better. Since that is the only important difference between male and female characters it is superior to play as a woman.

In New Vegas they had Confirmed Bachelor which evened it up by giving Black Widow perk to men.
>>
>>318027138
I fucking hate that confirmed bachelor was removed in Fo4 and yet you can still romance males as a male. Shit doesn't make fucking sense and all that had to be done was just add a choice of perk.
>>
>>318025364
Same characteristics and leveling options + femine gender social bonuses. Of course it's easier.
>>
>>318027775
They didn't include it because you're forced to have a wife that you love and are committed to.
>>
>>318028025
But I can still sleep with men and tell them I love them, I don't get it.
>>
>>318028025
Yet you romance synths.
>>
>>318027290
Yes faggot, you're the only one.
Stop trying to project your hipster angst bullshit on to the rest of us.
Now if you don't mind, let us enjoy the game that we bought.
>>
>>318027290
You are not alone anon, I feel the same way.

It saddens me to see such a positive response to a game that I honestly think is utter garbage. Literally the first time this has happened to me.
>>
>>318028109
Probably multiple reasons. From the fact that a perk called Confirmed Bachelor wouldn't make sense for a married man, to the fact that the game it appeared in wasn't a Bethesda made game.

That said, Lady Killer is kinda a shit version of the perk, though I feel like theres more dialog with female chars this time around at least.
>>
In New Vegas if you're female you can sleep with Benny to get the chip instead of fighting him and his guards.
>>
>>318027775
They pushed it into Lady Killer, it just does more now.
>>
>>318028275
Does it even give you unique dialog with them? Or is it just damage
>>318028315
wut
>>
>>318028265
I'm kinda curious why this extreme reaction. Sure, the game isn't the best thing in the world, but its not that bad either. Its a literal sequel to FO3 in every respect. The game plays like a slightly better [ and worse in some cases ] version of it.

Seems like every time I hear someone complain about the game its comparing it to NV, which was made by a different studio entirely.
>>
>>318028341
Not sure, but in FO4 I think its just a passive bonus to your speech when talking to female characters. As in you have a higher chance to succeed in anything that has a dialog option you can persuade them. Its also a damage buff too, but for Lady Killer thats kinda pointless considering that most of the enemies are guys.
>>
>>318028109
>I don't get it

War never changes, but war changes people.
>>
>>318028404
Maybe we just enjoy fallout games for different reasons. New Vegas is my favorite but I still prefer 3 over 4. At least in 3 I could roleplay a character and read dialogue that wasn't absolute shit. The combat system in 4 is definitely an improvement and I love the new graphics, but I enjoyed the fallout games for writing, roleplaying, and the interesting stories they tell. Fallout 4's voiced protagonist, very very terrible writing, and lack of meaningful choices just ruins the game for me and I can't enjoy it at all. The combat is the only thing it has going for it, but if I wanted good combat I'd play a different game entirely.
>>
>>318028848
Thats fair enough I suppose. I don't mind the writing so much, but I'm also not paying much attention to the story as I play. Just kinda roaming around the wasteland having various adventures punching things.

That said, I do miss the roleplaying stuff. Its kinda annoying that they force a rather inconsequential background on your character that really only makes some degree of sense for the husband.

I'm kinda curious if Mods will try tackling some of the bigger issues with the game in general when the GECK finally comes out.
>>
>>318028672
"War never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk." - Ulysses
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
What's his name again?
>>
>>318030573
nestle
>>
>>318030573
General Mills
>>
>>318030573
Special K
>>
>>318025364
Oh gee, how fucking hard it is to figure out the game will be easier as female, if there is absurdly easy to get perk granting bonus damage against opposite gender and 4/5 of enemies are male.
>>
>>318030854
Reminds me Expeditions: Conquistador, where organising your combat team almost entirely out of females was a no-brainer if all of them got "Sexist" perk and instant bonus damage against opposite gender, aka 95% of enemies in the entire game.
>>
>>318030854
>4/5
It feels closer to 2.5 females for every 5 males.
>>
>>318028163
/thread
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.