[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth picking up Elite Dangerous for the $15 sale, or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 8
File: Elite_Dangerous.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elite_Dangerous.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Is it worth picking up Elite Dangerous for the $15 sale, or is it just PCMR hyped crap?
>>
>>318016054
Bump for interest.
>>
i too would like to hear people opinions that own this game
>>
Just bought it, seems pretty solid so far. Wouldn't pay full price for it though
>>
>>318016054
It's very hollow
>>
>>318016054
If you're an old fag who played the original Elite on an Amstrad 1512K you'll have a massive nostalgia kick at basically seeing the game as it was on modern hardware. I loved it, for that reason alone. I remember when a Viper was a polygon lol. If not I'm not sure how much fun you'll have.
>>
>>318016054
its really good if you like doing fucking nothing

the ships are fun to fly i guess? lol i paid fucking $60 for this crap
>>
>>318016524
This is me too. I am enjoying it for what it is. If I get at least 15 hrs out of it then I'm happy.

Already got 2
>>
I like it. A lot of people compare it to euro truck sim in space, and it's pretty accurate. You can do other stuff like bounty hunting and fight and shit, too. There's also been a real multiplayer arena implemented as well.

I think it's super comfy, though it's a bit empty. Also flying is hard as shit to learn
>>
>>318016054
The universe is literally empty. You wait until the game decides to spawn an event and then you enter that instance. Doing missions means flying around aimlessly until the game decides to spawn an event related to that mission and theres a chances its not even related. There are much better space sims to play and elites graphics arent even much better
>>
>>318017108
Like what?
>>
>>318017108
>>318016853
>>318016681
That's what I got from skimming some of the Steam reviews, bunch of grinding and Euro Space Truck 2 without much depth to a lot of the gameplay. Space Engine is pretty fun for a free game, and fills in the comfy-floating-through-space thing.
>>
I'd say wait for the expansion to be released and see how it turns out
>>
>>318017452
That's fair. Though I'd say if it gets cheap, then you might want to try it. For the comfy-floating-through-space thing you mentioned, the sound design of the ships is really great, and the idea of being in this universe (populated or not) amplifies the comfiness for me. There's even a demo on the xbone if you want to try it for free.

...I realize how much of a shill I sound. Fuck. Not my intention.
>>
I'm waiting for VR to come out to play it. Doesn't seem like much of a point to play it on a monitor.
>>
>>318018187
There's that head tracking thing you can get. It's...almost like VR?
>>
>>318018059
Yeah, if it gets any cheaper it does sound like it'd be fun to fly around in the pretty ship interior listening to some music.
>>
I like the travel aspects and think the graphics look decent enough (was interested by some of the hyperspace webms months ago.) Is it worth the $15 if I play it PURELY as a "space truck" simulator?
>>
It's like the best space sim ever, except someone stole all the content.

As it stands, it's shallower than Freelancer's open world.
>>
>>318019481
That's not saying much - Freelancer's open world was balls: shipwrecks, planets, hidden stations, gas fields, tons of more you get from reading descriptions
>>
>>318018886
Please respond.
>>
>>318019890
How much is space trucking worth to you?
>>
>>318019941
I've never actually played a truck sim game but the few bits and clips I saw regarding watching the game did interest me. Casually flying between systems and whatnot. I think I want the game and I want somebody to tell me what I want to hear.

Alternate question: Can I travel a bit within the first two hours? That way if I dislike the game, I can grab a refund.
>>
>>318019659
>tons of more
*tons of lore
>>
File: 1425297943878.jpg (59 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
1425297943878.jpg
59 KB, 600x457
No, wait Horizons.
>>
>>318020269
>not buying base game on sale then waiting for full-price "DLC" is released
For what purpose
>>
No
The game is completely devoid of any substance whatsoever, there were many promises of the existing mechanics such as mining, exploration, and factions being significantly more fleshed out, as well as other mechanics promised to be in on release that were never made.
Multiplayer aspect is completely broken in that NPCs that appear during super cruise are tied to players in the p2p bubble, meaning if you're intercepting an NPC spawned from someone else's client and they drop out of supercruise, the NPC also disappears.
The majority of the game is watching your ship supercruise to the next location and dropping at the same 5 USS events that contain nothing of interest.
This game had so much promise and delivered on none of it. Save your money.
>>
>>318020452
The expansion includes the base game, its the same price to buy the base game and preorder as it is to buy the expansion after release
If the expansion turns out to be shit you won't have wasted money
>>
>>318021086
But I can buy the base game for FIFTEEN buckaroonies. I doubt I can preorder or buy an expansion for FIFTEEN whole dollarydoos.
>>
>>318016054
It's boring

Not worth more than $5
>>
File: 1448192596839.png (53 KB, 314x316) Image search: [Google]
1448192596839.png
53 KB, 314x316
>400 billion star systems and nothing to do
>>
>>318021175
You don't get the expansion with the base game, you get a 15 dollar discount on the expansion (for a limited time) if you own the base game
>>
>>318021293
Creating the system so it was all technically interconnected was a really stupid idea. It severely limits what the game can do in terms of systems like AI, and adds absolutely nothing of value aside from pointless novelty.
>>
>>318016054
I play it.

go for the sale right now, and get the horizons pre-ordered before tuesday and you'll get some more or less exclusive paintpacks for all the ships in game.

Also they're constantly adding shit (and breaking shit as they add stuff, like when 1.4 dropped and interdictions went through the roof, couldn't get 300ls without getting spammed by npcs 8 times)

however instancing makes it so you'll never see more than 30 other live pilots at a time, if that many.

Basically if you like space sims but don't want to pay to take a second job (eve) and you don't trust the hype of star citizen ED is your game.
>>
Is there a way to just disable the "game" aspects and just free-fly to any system anywhere you want with no repercussions? I'd like to just explore everything but not have to worry about fuel or damage or missions or crap. If so I'd definitely consider buying this just to chill out.

Yeah I tried Space Engine but it just doesn't feel the same, it's so hollow
>>
$15 is fine if this is what you want;

A static universe where nothing you do matters, except for making money to buy bigger ships to do the same thing you are doing but slightly faster and you enjoy the idea of either 1. Euro trucker in space or 2. Grinding NPCs in combat
>>
>>318021738
unfortunately no... but you can kit out ships for extreme distances before you have to refuel. I think someone kitted out one of the larger ships for something like 300ly before you'd need to find a scoopable star.
>>
>>318021818
Please see >>318020037 and respond ;_;
>>
>>318016054
I'd wait for the expansion if I were you.
>>
>>318020037
>Alternate question: Can I travel a bit within the first two hours? That way if I dislike the game, I can grab a refund.

I think if you go through steam you can try it and if you don't like it grab a refund...

However there is a bit of a learning curve for learning how to fly, but there is the combat demo (I think), either way once you've actually learned the mechanics is when the game starts to get fun and then getting involved in the community is also a good step as well.
>>
>>318020037
>Casually flying between systems and whatnot
yes
>Can I travel a bit within the first two hours?
yeah, but if you want to make any real progress you'll basically be trading for the first 10 hours at least
>>
>>318022186
Yeah but I just wanna fly in space and between systems, that kind of stuff. Can I experience some of that soon enough?
>>
>>318022225
Yes, but its hugely boring.

You either find enjoyment from making money, or from the combat.

Just flying around isnt interesting or enjoyable at all.
>>
>>318022368
Well fuck. I thought the game looked pretty enough to be a casual idle space travel game.
>>
>>318022395
Its not pretty at all, its literally 99% empty space
>>
>>318022368
Eeeeeh.... I'd say that's false.. there are sights to see, and if the flying was that absolutely boring people wouldn't even make the trip out to Sag. A and the great annihilator... not to mention the guys that made the trip out to the Andromeda galaxy.
>>
>>318022443
Well duh that's literally what space is.
>>
>>318022537
>there are sights to see
Like what?

Literally nothing you couldnt see in a game that does it better
>>
>>318022225
you can totally do that, I would suggest if you do buy it, run through the tutorials before jumping into the main game at least once so that way you've got the controls down pat.
>>
>>318022225
You can, but i'm not sure you'll find it much enjoyable. It's neat, visually it's impressive and audio is top notch, but there's only so many stars to look at, anon. Really, you can only enjoy it so much just ... flying.

Content wise, missions are very simple / boring. I've never even bothered to do more than 3 or 4 after 100+ hours of gameplay.

If you want to make money, you either fly extreme distances and sell the exploration data, you kill npcs at combat zones / resource extration / w.e sites, you trade which is kind of spread sheet euro trucker sim, or you mine. Mining is pro bably the most boring, combat the most fun.

Exploration is neat, but it's like, there's ok 5 stars to see, how much do you want to fly around looking at the same 5 stars or so? It's comfy when drunk, i do that, i fly around looking at it drunk. It's not super .. .exciting, i guess.

It's worth15$ to me, i mean, but if you would rather go to a movie and get a large coke, you can do that too.

Really for 15$ it's sad you even have to spend so much time justifying it when you spend 15$ on any other medium of entertainment or food and it will take you much shorter distances than this game
>>
>>318022443
>its literally 99% empty space
im finding interesting systems left and right

the fuck you on about m8?
>>
>>318022636
..I'll just link to the screenshot thread over on the forums.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=95490&

Pulsars look nice and brown dwarves are kinda spooky when you jump into the system and you can barely see the star and realize "oh shit gotta adjust course"

And then some systems are beautiful death traps with about six neutron stars in close proximity to the one scoopable star in the system.
>>
>>318022667
Of course I'd do that first.

>>318022682
That's fine with me. That's space. There isn't a whole lot out there.

If, as you said, the visuals (and audio) are solid, then I think I'll give it a shot. I'm not into movies myself but yeah it's funny how much of a discussion we're even having about this when it should normally be a normal yes/no.
>>
How is the multiplayer? I'm looking for a kinda singleplayerish experience but one I could meet up with a friend and coop with or find pvp when I really want to. I have no clue how this game works multiplayer right now but the idea that I would need to rely on multiplayer would be a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>318022636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFFBu5PSPys

the guy makes a ton of videos on this shit, check them out
>>
>>318022850
Congrats, you just saved everyone who wanted to explore $15

>>318022949
Another $15 saved, well done

See there is literally no fucking point to any of this, if you want to go explore shit that actually looks good you could go place space engine and get a far better experience.
>>
>>318022876
the reason why people are discussiing it is so many
as in a fuckton of people
go into elite expecting it to be a faster paced space exploration combat game, which it isnt

its a sim, in every way
docking is slow and tedious with a bunch of extra detail that doesnt have to be there
trading is slow and overly detailed with an underlying economy system that takes a while to get used to
bounty hunting is the least slow but takes a while before you can even get a competent ship

its a very niche game for a very niche group of peopl, but if you are in that group you will love it

other than that I cant guarantee anything

>>318023079
>Congrats, you just saved everyone who wanted to explore $15
just go watch youtube videos of every exploration game then

you clearly wont be the person to like elite anyway
>>
>>318022916
Multiplayer you can "wing" up with a friend, and as long as you both shoot a target, you split bounties on npcs. It's fun - trading, the profits add additional 5% for each person in the wing. IE if you trade 100 credits of profit, the other guy will get 5 just for being in the wing. So in other words, you can trade together and make 5% more on top. You can't give each other stuff, you can't drop credits or ship parts for him, but you can drop goods for him to pick up and sale as a way to transfer money, but otherwise wings work fine for combat.

You can also lock on to eachother and follow eachother in and out of supercruise to help follow through interdictions and coming out of space into the same zone together.

zones are limited to 30 players, so you won't see hundreds of players in a location. Even if there is, it's seperated every 30 or so.

You can play online, solo (psuedo offline), or private, your friend can join in online or private.

>>318022876
It's very nice to look at. I'm always in awe when i put it down for a while and come back and i'm like "DAMN" this is so good looking! but, i just get bored after a while. It's one of those i pick up and i poop sock it for 2 weeks and then stop for the next patch. I know some people enjoy it much more, but as someone who likes combat the most, i can only "farm" npc's for so long y'know. It's fun though. I don't think it's a waste and despite what others might tell you, there really is no other game like it in it's flight model, sense of scale, or ship customizability depth.
>>
>>318023138
>its a sim, in every way
That's cool with me. That's how I play it as and I like realism in space-related games. I didn't know I wanted this until I first saw videos way back when. Hopefully I get a kick out of it.

>>318023150
Sounds real intriguing. I think I'll like it then. Waiting for installation now. ;_;
>>
File: 1434040521172.jpg (62 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
1434040521172.jpg
62 KB, 563x701
>>318023079
>"There isn't even anything to see!"
>Here's a few things to see.
>HAHAHA I SAW IT NOW THIS GAME IS WORTHLESS
>>
>>318023150
>ut, i just get bored after a while. It's one of those i pick up and i poop sock it for 2 weeks and then stop for the next patch
this is what elite is amazing for

you can pick it up for a day or two and leave it for however the fuck long you want and everything will be right back where you left off when you want to play again
>>
>>318023079
It's fine you think it's boring, or just flat out don't enjoy it anon. I hope you do enjoy a game out there, wherever it is. I love you.
>>
>>318023138
>hurr there is exploration so the entire game is about that!
So you're just retarded, makes sense
>>
>>318022876
I just didn't want to reccomend it to someone and not tell them to do the tutorials, and them come back saying "you shoulda told me to run the tutorials because I didn't know how to request docking and the station blew up my sidewinder and now I had to declare bankruptcy"... while I haven't had that happen to anyone I've reccomended the game It's one of those thins in the back of my head.

>>318022916
you'll never see more than 30 someodd players in one instance because of how FD set up the servers, which is good and bad. Generally you'll see more players in the starter systems like Eravate, and you'll also see more players off where the latest community goal is, but other than that galaxy's large and people are spread out and you'll see more npcs on your scope than pcs.

>>318023079
>Congrats, you just saved everyone who wanted to explore $15
>>>318022949
>Another $15 saved, well done

I don not think that means what you think it means.

>>318023138
>faster paced space exploration combat game, which it isnt

Heck isn't that was CQC was added in for? for the fps crowd that wants fast paced combat?
>>
>>318023274
>you focus on exploration
>say you save $15 after you see the explorationg
>get called a faggot
>b-but theres more to do than exploration
get fucked
>>
>>318021738
since everything is in randomly generated instances you can avoid anything resembling gameplay aside from running into a sun

and its not much differenent from the actual game either!
>>
>>318023249
Ok anon, I will say i picked up a logitech 3d pro at bestbuy for 25$, it makes the game much more enjoyable. If you don't have a flightstick, it can be very hard to figure out how to fly, it might even take you longer than 2 hours (steam refund time) to really get used to it. I hope you don't give up anon, I think you would enjoy the game :)
>>
>>318023250
And like I said literally none of it is done well or done better than any other exploration game

Literal waste of money

>>318023329
Learn to read
>>
>>318023351
Hi anon,

what other space game can i explore in? Please advise

Bonus points if it's 15$ or less
>>
>>318023350
I actually do have a fightstick. Tell me more.
>>
>>318023285
>Heck isn't that was CQC was added in for? for the fps crowd that wants fast paced combat?
not really

it was added for the fact that people didnt want to travel for bounty hunting

the devs dont give a shit about the fps crowd
>>
>>318016054
Its utter trash, and the developers have lied endlessly

Go look at their kickstarter and how they promised a dynamic economic system, then look at the game which is utterly static where only 4 or 5 resources actually matter since they are the most expensive.

Its so outdated and had so much potential and they fucked the entire thing up.
>>
>>318023432
inb4 star citizen

>>318023449
>>318023350
ive been using controller since I started

it only takesk a few minutes to get used to if you arent a casual

though having to use a few keyboard buttons because there isnt enough on controller can be a bit confusing to some

I am getting a flight stick though
in preperation for VR
its gun b gud in VR
>>
>>318023285
>Heck isn't that was CQC was added in for? for the fps crowd that wants fast paced combat?
And it failed miserably, because the developers dont know how to balance the game.
>>
>>318023449
As soon as you get in, go to the controls and make sure it recognizes your flight stick. Note that the game might have a generic profile loaded, you may not know what most of the controls do, but if you know general flight terms you'll know, pitch yaw etc.

Play the tutorial to learn how to lock on, fire you guns, scan, boost, etc. Docking is a pain in the ass. When you are docking and the computer on your 'hud' comes up showing your ship, make sure you're facing forward. If your computer on the little hud animation is facing backwards you won't dock.

The game has a "flight assist" which makes the ship fly more or less like an airplane would, which you can disable to cause the ship to fly like it would in space, IE, you can do a 180 and you'll still be moving backwards because you didn't change your momentum and it's space, but it's VERY HARD to learn how to fly like that.

It's worth your time to learn for combat wise, it's how you do somersaults in space, but it's hard!
>>
>>318023350
Other options for controls include mouse and keyboard, or even xbox controller.

>>318023453
thought cqc didn't effect the main game.

>>318023510
background simulation is a thing you know. We're getting planetary landings on airless planetoids in less than a month, FDev has repeatedly said that this isn't a 1-2 year project but a 15 year project.

If anything's a scam it's Star citizen.
>>
>>318019659
Well it's largely worse than that. Still you'd expect more from a more recent game.
>>
>>318023548
Most anon will recommend use a controller if you don't have a flight stick, a controller is the next best option.

its too hard / shit to fly with a mouse and keyboard

i still use keyboard tthough, the logitech 3d pro only has like 14 buttons, I NEED MORE
>>
>>318023630
>thought cqc didn't effect the main game
it gives you credits I believe, maybe not

I dont touch it

>>318023662
>tfw ordering a flight stick with 20+ buttons

my body is ready
>>
>>318023630
you get credits

much less than main game, i can go to a haz rez in my vulture and average 3mil~5mil in an hour (depending on the instance) where as obviously i don't make that in cqc.
>>
>>318023630
>We're getting planetary landings on airless planetoids in less than a month, FDev has repeatedly said that this isn't a 1-2 year project but a 15 year project.
Woopdefuckingdo, but how is any of that relevant, oh wait it isnt.
>>
>>318023725
I just counted, it has 10 buttons and then the 4 direction 'd' pad on the stick which i use for power, and then 2 triggers. So, i guess 16 total, but only 10 real buttons.

In other words, you lucky bastard.
>>
>>318023630
>background simulation is a thing you know.
Not in Elite it isnt, the economy is static except for the shitty 'dynamic story' bullshit.
>>
>>318023753
>the devs lied and are holding back content!
>but they are adding a ton of promised shit in literally a month
>b-but that doesn't count!

fucking shitposters
>>
>>318023753
Anon if you don't like the game it's okay. I hope you have a game you enjoy and can post about to share your enjoyment for the game.

I love you

>>318023830
not true, if you rare trade a shit load of things the rares will stop selling / drop in price
>>
>>318023830
>Not in Elite it isnt, the economy is static
have you even played the game?

all prices and supply are determined by each stations supply and demand for its needs in relation to the political expansion and shit
>>
>>318023830
anon , if that's the case why do zones go into conflict / civil war? Why do prices fluctuate? WHy have i had to start selling my (mined) resources 2 systems over to make as much money as i was a month ago
>>
>>318023919
>mining
fuck, how do you make it entertaining?

I can find entertainment in trading and bounty hunting/pirating but I cant seem to mine more than an hour before giving up out of boredom
>>
>>318023603
I don't know the terms but I'll plug in my fight stick once it finishes download and try it out. Sounds really cool. I never use this thing otherwise.
>>
>>318023835
>hurr I dont know anything about the kickstarter fisaco
>hurr I dont know what they did promise for release and didnt deliver
Fuck off shill

>>318023902
>>318023919
They fluctuate by utterly irrelevant amounts, go check the forums for any number of trade routes from the god damn BETA that still work as top tier trade routes because the entire fucking economy reestablished in no time at all.

Seriously do you people even play the game? I doubt it you must all be new players who think this is hot shit and havnt actually seen how shallow it is.
>>
Get rebel Galaxy

There's no reason I've found to interact with anyone in elite dangerous so you might as well play a similar single player game. It's just like elite but more arcadey, you only travel on 2 dimensions though, but this game is basically all the fun of elite but cuts out all the tedious crap

And it's only 3 bucks more

It took some hints from assassins creed black flag and elite. Feels kinda like you're driving a boat. Traveling far distances is so much faster too. And it's got a sort of Wild West theme and soundtrack
>>
It's an early access game, disguised as a full release, they're selling content and features that should be in the base game as expansions, the game is 15 dollars because in a month or so they are going to release planet interaction and charge 60 more dollars for it, because it's an expansion :^) not early access guys, totally a difference.

the difference is you pay for their greed and marketing tactics
>>
>>318023984
It's very boring, i go out to hazrez with a friend though he "guards" me, and by that i mean he aggros shit - i get shots in when it's near me, and otherwise i just sort of afk and mine while listening to music

I also watch a lot of tv on my 2nd monitor

It's really not fun i can't actually talk it up, it's just "easy". i don't have any problems and i (usually) never die.
>>
>>318023603
I respect the faoff crowd, haven't quite figured it out myself yet, but I can certainly make my ship dance even with it on

>>318023725
>>318023728

huh, I did not know you earned credits... maybe I'll have to try it once or twice.

>>318023753
...you're either 12 or a democrat and I have neither the time nor the patience to figure it out.
>>
>>318024025
Anon, I have 100+ hours of the game. I play almost entirely by combat. It's just what I enjoy doing. I farmed my way up to 3400 certs just doing conflict zones for duval one week. It's what i enjoy doing.

I'm sorry you were kike started, maybe stop being a fag and supporting that stuff, then it's easier to enjoy games for what they are.

Honestly, why are you still shit posting this thread? Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>318024131
when i say you make credits in cqc i mean, you literally make like 5000 for a win. I heard you make more when you level up more, but the 5 -6 matches i played were more like "here's credits for your main ships ammo" than anything. I mean, really. 5000 is nothing.
>>
>>318024164
>doesnt even bother to try and refute
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>318024025
>someone disproves you
>s-shill

I love shitposters!

can you please leave?

we were discussing a game that I have been enjoying for a whole year
so please, go shit up another thread
or find one about a videogame you love, im sure you love some videogames
>>
>>318024224
oh.. the nevermind not gonna touch it.
>>
>>318021293
Sounds like real life.

Humans could be exploring space, but we are way more interested in fucking and eating Cheese Doodles.
>>
>>318024261
Disproved me how? I made the point they failed to deliver on day 1 release promises and all you did was saying 'planetary landings' and block your ears.

Whatever, if you dont listen to reason you wont start listening to it now.
>>
>>318024249
I don't need to refute i'm busy having fun.

I'm sorry you don't find fun in the game. But i'm done responding to you because you're trying to stop others from having fun just because you got jewed on kike starter you fucking moron
>>
>>318024346
>if you dont listen to reason you wont start listening to it now.
but anon
you wont either

so please, take my advice andd go find a videogame you love
please
>>
>>318024261
>someone disproves you
So why are you still here then? Seriously, hes right. The economy is utterly fucked and they did promise a dynamic economy where you couldnt just run the same route over and over. They plainly lied about it.
>>
>>318024353
>I don't need to refute i'm busy having fun.
ebin
>>
>>318024346
You're not being reasonable, you're shit flinging based on some stupid kick starter that none of us backed cause we aren't morons.

ta da! we're having fun now! We can enjoy the game for what we purchase instead of what was promised! Amazing!

Seriously you just are bum blasted from years ago, i dont' fucking care anon. it's 15$ now, stop trying to pretend like that's really a bad deal. It's a fun game.
>>
>>318024438
was that a rebuttle? I'm not sure if i was just burned or not because , well, you're right. I don't care to refute because i am having fun.

What the fuck anon? Are you retarded?
>>
>>318024445
this happens in every elite thread

its kind of sad at this point people are STILL pissed that they got jewed out of a KICKSTARTER
>>
>>318024445
Pfthahah, okay shill, whatever you say.
>>
>>318024527
>someone posts a thread asking if 15$ is a bad deal
>nah i got like 100+ hours out of it, it's okay, here's something i think is boring
>...
>SHILL

fuck off retard you don't even know what the word means
>>
>>318024346
They said they'd do planet side shit in the beginning without having to buy expansions?
>>
>>318024514
It's dumb how newfags always reply to it.
>>
>>318024514
Because they are right, the developers did fuck over the players and they are doing it now. You new wave fanboys are seriously under-appreciative of how much progress the game got when the kickstarter backers actually demanded it, you wouldn't even have wings without them.
>>
>>318024578
just stop replying to it
>>
>>318024596
That is utterly irrelevant to the point I was making, was the point. Nothing I said implied I cared about what they are doing with planetary landings.
>>
>>318024616
then go complain on the forums

complaining here does jack shit to people who just want the current game for $15
>>
>>318024514
I don't get it, it's not my problem though, I enjoy the game. I wish these anons would find games they enjoy and post in those

they shouldn't be (scaring?) new players off from $15 dollars, come on, FIF TEEN because they are so bumblasted about getting fucked years ago, it's not even like they outright lied, i think the verbage probably helped imply a direction the game was going to take and now people are just upset about it - who cares. I don't care, personally.
>>
>>318024036
I understand that, I understood that going into it, I kinda wish I'd backed it when I first heard about it.

Anyway why I'm so forgiving:
>I'm having fun with the game
>I caught it during a steam sale earlier this year for silly cheap
>I've looked into FD, realized it's a smaller deverloper and am totally willing to support this game because it's definitely getting promises done, even if it's taking longer
>I'm literally not paying a company to take on a second job.

Hell I'll be honest, they have enough content that they could be charging monthly to keep the lights on but they aren't, honestly they should be charging monthly to keep the lights on and so they can hire a few more people onto the dev team, they have interesting fluff going on with the UA mystery, the potential for a thargoid invasion after horizons drops, and all kinds of shit, people still haven't found the anteres or SS1, so there's lots of shit still to find, and that's just the surface.

Granted Jaques station hasn't moved in a few months, maybe he got stuck ona rock or something...
>>
Seriously do you people ever actually interact with other players?

Otherwise rebel Galaxy is better than this in pretty much every way
>>
I'm a backer. I don't regret backing it, but Elite: Dangerous is my kinda game. It's an acquired taste, not everyone will like it. There's a demo, use it, even though it only covers the flight and combat model, not the sandbox. You'll be taking off and landing A LOT.

Most of the top half of the thread is right. It's good - excellent sound design, especially - and comfy. It is a grind. It is EuroShip Sim. It is multiplayer if you want it to be, but because of the scale, seeing other CMDRs is rare. It could use to be a lot less empty (even though it is, you know, space). I'd say it is worth $15, because that's a budget game price, but that's up to you. Braben isn't known for massive price cuts, you won't get better than that this year or probably next year.

Landing expansion #1 is coming soon; that will be extra, and will not be included in the price.
>>
>>318024678
>s-stop talking about the game, I want to talk about the game!
Uh, huh.
>>
>>318024596
Did they? I don't remember that, ever. In fact, when i purchase the game in december there was even word back THEN that planets were going to be a future expansion. Unless it was in the kick starter which i didn't back because i'm not a retard, I never saw mention that that was to be included for free.
>>
>>318024616
You're right, but in their eyes,if they're having fun frontier must be doing no evil.

It's literally the definition of fanboys eating shit
>>
>>318024616
The only time FD ever gave a shit about the backers' opinion was the system travel polls which was restricted to people who paid 6 times the price.
>>
>>318024759
Would you mind trip fagging since you are just kick starter posting and not actually contributing outside of "muh promises!" and not mentioning shit besides "no background!" which, clearly does exist and "muh expansions!" which were never promised?

I'd love to filter you :^)
>>
>>318024685
>it's not even like they outright lied,
They did, multiple times. Economy, offline mode, clans, cash transfers, planetary landing being 1 not 2 expansions, motherships.

Even recently about stuff like the Wings and how they would work. The initial descriptions of it was pretty good but they gutted it.
>>
>>318024752
>There's a demo
holy shit where

I need this for all my friends who want it but wont listen to my warnings

dont think they would like it
>>
>>318024831
And wings, and powerplay, and CQC, and the massive ship rebalance, and the community goals, all shit that wouldnt even be in the game without the backers.

But yep, none of that matters right.
>>
>>318024748
I play with my friends every night,

the other night we were in a system with some guy that was "ganking" people, killed some other guys who were bitching at the station, so we flew out and found / killed him. It was kind of fun.

You will always find players in most normal habital space, you'll stop seeing them when you fly to unimportant zones and non popualted zones. If you stick to the mission space you'll find players every night.
>>
>>318024839
Dude calm down, I was just pointing out that the developers did fuck over the players and still do frequently.
>>
>>318024947
you going to head over to obsidian once 1.5 drops?
>>
>>318016054
Literally the worst space game iv ever played, absolutely barren with nothing to do, and not even worth being free. But hey different strokes for different folks maybe you would enjoy it.
>>
>>318024850
>planetary landing being 1 not 2
I dont' see this, i see they wanted planet landings, no specifications on how that was to come into place. Source or your shit foaming based on verbage and assuming
>offline mode
Who cares. It's 2015. Fuck off. This one they sort of lied, but they did offer refunds to players who were "mislead" by this too, your fault for not taking it if it was a bad enough lie for you, as opposed to "we can't do what we wanted to do with this game in offline mode", which is what they said.
>economy
but you want offline mode? Why do you want an economy?
>clans
This was promised in the kick starter? I didn't see it either, but they haven't said they won't implemented either, it's just not currently implemented.
>cash transfers

Again, i don't see this in a kick starter, and it's not determined this won't be implemented. It can still happen, but trading resources works (fine) for now.

>mother ships

Still on the horizon, as they've stated. This hasn't been denied yet.

Kill yourself anon
>>
>>318024993
m8
no one in this thread but you and maybe a couple others are complaining about it

its like this with every kickstarter game
>a lot of backers know what they are doing and back it expecting not alot because its a fucking KICKSTARTER
>a vocal minority back it expecting the second coming of christ
>said minority spends months shitposting after it doesnt live up to their dream
>>
>>318025068
Didn't read what obsidian is

(I thought we were in 1.5? Or is that the one in beta branch)

>>318024993
I don't see it
>>
Any other good Space games on sale? This wasn't too hot.

Either one where you control entire fleets or just one ship, I want to be heroic like Captain James Holden.
>>
>>318025315
Endless space is fun 4x game

I don't know if it's on sale, it probably is though.

Hmnm, other exploratoin , i'm not sure. Sins of a solar empire REBELLION is a great rts set in space, if you like those. You MUST buy rebellion. It includes all other versino of the game. Don't buy any other version as you're just buying the pre-upgraded.
>>
>>318025231
1.5 is the current beta we're still playing 1.4.01, Obsidian (orbital) is the new station that's going to be off in the Pleiades (I think it's in Maia in the beta) whose construction was the subject of 3 cg's recently.

>>318025315
I've heard some good things about space engineers, haven't played it myself though so no idea.
>>
>>318024939
I wasn't aware the backers are the only ones that made common complaints.
>>
>>318025487
space engineers is not a space sim, its an engineering game (hence the title)

but will obsidian orbital have anything special in it?
>>
>>318025487
Oh, the station, i didn't know it was named obsidian, yeah i fly out!

I thought we were on 1,5 but 1.5 is the ship build I heard it coined correct? Should be fun!

Space engineers is *good* , but runs like shit. I have an i7 4790k and 970 only SSD's and 16gig ram, still takes me multiple minutes to host a game and load the planets. Not to mention that there is a max speed so you can fall into the planets gravity well, and then fall for about 2 minutes before hitting the ground, but turning on your jetpack about 5 seconds before splat will save you.

In other words, it's space engineering, but only about 50% accurate on engineering, the rest of the game is total BS.
>>
>>318025129

>IT'S
>THE
>CURRENT
>YEAR
>PEOPLE!

Hahaha holy shit anon, nice way to just kill yourself out of nowhere.
That argument is also plenty to point out how having no offline mode is 100% just lazy/proof of shit game design.
>>
>>318024947
Oh. My friend has it on Xbox one. Well my other friend actually wanted to get it to play with me even thoug he doesn't have a gaming computer, because I have a gaming laptop and computer. But hed have to grind a bit on his own wouldn't he? how could I give him money efficiently when the most expensive item I can drop is only like 15k?
>>
>>318025790
>>IT'S
>>THE
>>CURRENT
>>YEAR
>>PEOPLE!
what is this new meme?
>>
>>318025823
gold is the best bet, but will take a while if he is in a sidewinder

you could also give him slaves, but that causes the risk of getting shot by the police
>>
>>318025831

>New
Just like E:D shit eaters, completely oblivious to what came before and how this is the lowest point in the Elite franchise of all time
>>
>>318025790
its the current year is a pretty valid excuse against no offline play

in 2002, it would be unheard of for a game to offer ONLINE ONLY. In fact, WoW was hard to play back then as I was on 3mbps DSL and it took 12 hours to download a patch.

In 2015, everyone has internet. everyone does. If you don't, you don't have a computer that can play this game. The only people who can actively complain are people who travel

and as someone who works for a fortune 50 company and travels half a dozen times a year, i still don't have a problem playing games online (league of legends, path of exile, etc.)

Current year is valid when in the current year, it's unreal for someone to NOT have internet.

Fuck off poor person.
>>
>>318025914
anon please
im not talking about the game

I want to know about this new meme im seeing everywhere
>>
>>318025831
It's fairly new, despite what the dank memer would have you believe. It's the stupid british guy saying "YOU'RE NOT GAY? IT'S 2015 COME ON PEOPLE".

What he fails to realize is that , it's the current year applies when the thing you're refuting is abnormal in the current year.

IE, it is abnormal to not have internet in 2015. IT's not abnormal, however, to be straight in 2015. so the british guy is a fucking moron, and anon is a moron.
>>
>>318025986
thanks
>>
>>318016054
tempted to get it for VR but apparently there is an expansion coming out which will include the base game
>>
>>318026015
It's the guy who used to be on the dailly show, i don't know his name. The british guy.
>>
>>318025927

Ignoring the fact that the current year being used as an argument is just an ad hoc fallacy, it's also proof that if you cannot make a game that will work on it's own without calling home all day, you're a totally shit developer.
Even Star Citizen is going offline mode when they finished making a game in any state, because there's zero going on in the background that can't be done on a client machine instead of a server cluster.

And what's going on in E:D could be done on a client machine 15 years ago, it's less than what X3 did.

Fuck off cancer of the gaming industry.
>>
>>318026025
yes, if you are getting for the rift or VIVE wait for the horizons release
>>
>>318026025
Yes, it's coming out "holiday 2015". In otherwords, just wait.

Know that the game is going to have an expansion each year for the next 3~ years. You'll have to buy it each year but it will cost less since you "own' the game, if this year is anything to go by.
>>
>>318025986

Lol this faggot
>Deus Ex doesn't have online, SHIT
>Undertale doesn't have online, SHIT
><anything not Elite> doesn't have online, SHIT

It goes both ways, wasteful use of technology is still terrible.
>>
>>318026169
the fuck are you ion about?

that anon said nothing like that, are you just grasping at straws to shitpost now?
>>
>>318025543
>but will obsidian orbital have anything special in it?

Lemme double check on that one I think we got to tier 8 on the cg for amenities....

We got fuel, repair, munitions, contacts, universal cartographics, commodities market (maybe might get a rare since it's so far out) and black market.

However we have no idea what the other three would have been but the theory is that bulletin board was among the remaining 3 with shipyard and outfitting somewhere in there.. which kinda sucks and means the only part of the BGS we can access out there is the commodities market... but also means that the Galacit goat Lovers society (or whatever the hell the name is) is in charge of the station for the time being until we get a bullitin board and the canonn can move in to test UAs.

>>318025664
yup, ships is shaping up to be interesting, cutter looks like I'll be wanting to grind up rep with the empire (or support emperor's dawn and try and get the new empress assassinated).

>>318025790
in order to offer offline play you would basically have to download a lot of the server side assets (which is why it takes so damn long to open up the galacic map because it requires a ping to the server that holds a copy of who found what where files) in order to run the simulation, it would also be pretty hard to have a functioning bgs in offline mode all but killing a lot of the fun of the game.

>>318025892
drag him to empire space and they aren't illegal.
>>
>>318025487
Space engineers had the potential to be like minecraft + dayz + star citizen in space but the dev only cares about giving you a fucking autismal amount of stupidly complicated shit you can do instead of just adding a coordinate system and spacing asteroids and respaens out so people have some privacy to build so people don't just build basic shit to ram into each other mindlessly
>>
>>318026048
Online only is a good way to 1, prevent piracy. People who pirate multiplayer games don't typically get to enjoy them online
2, it's a good way to refute cheaters and keep the community together, since you can modify a locally saved character but less easily an online server stored; IE - diablo 2 doesn't let you play on single player and multiplayer. It's one or the other (diablo 2 does have a lot of bots, but you get my point).

Originally the game didn't have steam, so steam cloud also couldnt be utilized to work with a save system - so it's nice to be on any pc and play your ship. Ideally they could have developed their own cloud system, but that's unncessary to put that work on a dev team when >it's 2015, get fucking internet

Lastly, while i'd love to play every game offline / lan play so i can go back to 2003 and pass around wc3 on everyones flash drive and only buy one copy of every game i played multiplayer, i'm also an adult now and quit calling companies shit for it. You don't even know that star citizen will have an offline mode because 2 years ago, you would have told me elite dangerous would have had an offline mode. We don't know till it's done. You're welcome to quit playing the game, or shit up the threads, but really complaining about no offline is just poor person and pirate person rambling it seems 92% of the time.

in the case you're not a poor pirate and you have a valid excuse for actually caring about offline mode, i'm sorry (not really)
>>
>>318026169
English isn't your first language, is it?
>>
>>318025823
>>318025892
Imperial Slaves are good money if you can find a decent place in Empire space. Check Xuanduna and Venexo to see if that's still turning a good profit.

>>318025914
I don't think you can claim that when F:FE happened but a close second sounds right.
>>
>>318026317
>and the canonn can move in to test UAs.
I cant wait to see waht the cannon finds about the UA's and the planet surfaces

god damn those things are interesting
>>
>>318026048
>>318026328
I'm going to bed anon, if you're typing a response i won't likely read it. Have a lovely night.
>>
>>318026328

>Online only is a good way to 1, prevent piracy

So that's why they can charge you full price + full price expansions, to make sure they can get more money out of plebs.

Meanwhile literally nothing else in Elite requires online, so nice wall of text for no fucking reason.

>>318026481

And then you bail anyway, good job faggot.
>>
>>318026327
>Space engineers had the potential to be like minecraft + dayz + star citizen in space
holy shit what

how in the fuck did you get any sort of that idea?
>>
>>318026528
Oops you replied quickly.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about price now, the price is the price. You don't have to buy or play it.
>>
>>318025790
>they literally put an offline mode in the game that you can't play offline

>it's literally just so all the traders can go and not be fucked with, ruining basically the one cool thing about the entire fucking game

Yeah holy fucking shit fuck these devs what the fuck is wrong with these assholes
>>
>>318018059
fuck off shill
>>
>>318026048
Star citizen isn't even out yet. You're making claims based off the promises of a developer.

A developer that all I've seen them doing is spending huge ammounts of money on somewhat expensive hollywood talent to put them in mocap and and voice act some videos.

Additionally they're charging silly ammounts of real money for ships (something that put me off getting on the hype wagon for star citizen).

Either way the game is not out and I just rage bought four bottles of kilo kai and now have to figure out what to do with them.
>>
>>318026317

There are no server side assets. It's a few planets and shader files. XML data is tiny as fuck and the only reason it could take so long to populate a map is a bajillion economy data requests when, surprise!, X3 did the same shit over 10 years ago no problem, and considering that the servers aren't actually simulating jack shit, merely acting as a repository for very fucking minor alterations done by players to a randomly refreshed galactic stock, it mostly takes a while simply because it's online.

Please stop being so fucking oblivious to how games actually work.
>>
>>318025315
x3/terran conflict is usually pretty cheap
>>
just a question

why do people want offline mode so much?
>>
>>318026767
because they pledged to kick starter with x y z, and then when x came out, y was delayed until later this year, and z was cut, they have to shit up threads

alternatively they wanted to pirate the game and now if they do the game works like shit and they play alone
>>
>>318026767

Depends.
"Offline" mode that's already in for the people who play E:D, being all 40 year old forumdads who hate change unless it's merely aesthetic.

Actual offline would enable piracy so people can get their money's worth out of the time they could have used doing something productive dicking about for a bit in procedurally generated space.

Main reason it's brought up is to raise awareness of how piss poor a job Frontier have done of making a game for people to enjoy, instead of making a game to fill their bank balance.
>>
>>318026767
because they want to be able to pirate it.
>>
>>318026767

Mods.
Holy shit why has nobody mentioned the mod potential that's utterly wasted?
Oh right, >Xbone
>>
>>318026923
>Main reason it's brought up is to raise awareness of how piss poor a job Frontier have done of making a game for people to enjoy, instead of making a game to fill their bank balance.

how does not having offline make a game horrible?
>>
>>318026479
eh right now we're more interested in the fuck is going on with the station outsages, there's about six or seven stations that have all but gone dark, the running theory is that the UA's are affecting the stations the same way they affect ship systems and now we're trying to figure out if there's a cure like how the cure for the plauge was tea, before the markets on the affected stations that haven't gone completely dark experience technicall issues and lock us out (EG canonn's bringing All the rare's to a couple of the stations) personally I think AI artifacts might be the answer, since another running theory is that it's just a computer virus and that some form of advanced ESET antivirus from when the ai's were still around might work.
additionally all the stations affected are ones with black markets where we reasonably believe UAs have been sold en-masse since 1.4 went live.
>>
>>318027001
It doesn't, it's just the easiest thing to cling to when people are looking for problems with how the games development is being handled despite not knowing shit about game development

also they probalby kick started and since this isn't the best game ever released in the world it's probably shit and old people are angry about it
>>
>>318027001

Because they promised it, cut it and then released a game that may as well be entirely offline.
Also actual amatuer game dev here studying to usurp the lazy shits like Braben here in the UK for pissing away our golden years of vidya.
RIP Psygnosis and Studio Liverpool amongst others
>>
>>318027049
*outages
>>
>>318026569
I remember the way they said how solo/private play wouldn't matter in frontier and anarchy systems would force you out into open play.
I wonder why that was abandoned.

>>318026767
I'm more interested in why they opted to advertise it with an offline mode. Braben always said he wanted Elite 4 to be an MMO.
>>
Is there a game like this or X Rebirth thats actually good?
>>
>>318027134
It was only advertised that way in kickstarter, and when it was dropped, they offered refunds. A lot of people didn't take those and opt to shit post and cry 100% of the time.
>>
>>318027049
fucking cool
>>
>>318026545
Some servers actually set up a coordinate system and spaced out asteroids really far.

We had people building based on asteroids, there were factions building stations way out in deep space who would come to the asteroids to mine resources then go back way out and build on their stations/ships.

It was pretty fucking amazing and had the potential to be the greatest fucking game ever but the dev seems totally fucking oblivious to all the people playing like this and went in another direction I guess, I don't even know if those kinds of maps are still possible

But the coordinates allowed you to go tens or hundreds of miles out and leave your ship or whatever anywhere. But people could download the maps and hack it to find other people's shit somehow too I guess

This game had so much potential but the dev is just like nope I just want everyone to spawn in the same area be mindless rammers since there's no reason to team up with anyone and really build when you all spawn right next to each other, have no where to go and no coordinates to navigate in deep space by

It's just retarded. I don't know how he expects people to build anything intricate when everyone respawns in the same fucking area so you can just ram someone, die and repeat until they have nothing left
>>
>>318027102

>Studio Liverpool
>1st party Sony dev treated not well enough for being the ONLY 60 FPS/1080p PS3 game that was fucking amazing, WipEout HD
>Goes bust and dissolves
>Rebuilds into new independant studio
>Goes right back to building fucking PS PlayRoom
;_;
>>
>>318027274
cant you just mod the game to do that?

it doesnt sound too hard
>>
>>318027383

All in C# and XML so maybe?????!?
Depends if they released source or how deep they made modding, haven't checked.
Really though I was holding out on SS13 being modded in after they added atmospherics.
>>
>>318027448
>Depends if they released source
space engineers is all open source

they have it on github I believe
>>
>>318027490
>all open source

Why don't all devs do this. honestly.
>>
>>318027547
fear of piracy

and legal reasons
>>
>>318027565
fear of piracy is silly. Legal, i could see, especially in publisher situations, but games that allow modding should inherently be open source - IE CSGO, insurgency, ns2, etc.

Actually, ns2 is almost entirely open source, maybe they even give it out.
>>
>>318027383
Yeah but people grief the coordinate markers (they're an actual object built 100,000 miles out) and download the maps to just comb over all space with some program to find everyone's stuff when they aren't logged in so there's no point

Shit could be easily fixed if the dev woke the fuck up and implemented coordinates and made an option to disable people being able to download your map but he's too busy playing fucking minecraft in zero g
>>
>>318027201
yup it is pretty interesting trying to make sense of the mysteries of the universe that's being built, if I've got the timeline right the behavior on UAs changed at least once after 1.4 dropped where they don't draw Type 6, 7 or 9s anymore under certain circumstances and revert back to pre 1.3 behavior and transmit the name of the nearest celestial body and we've been trying to figure out why they do that.
>>
>>318027687
It was cool as fuck though. I found a guy's secret mining ship deep in an asteroid guarded by turrets which weren't enabled luckily for some reason. And sometimes a massive ship would just come out of nowhere from deep space with 25 turrets just blasting the shit out of everything around it

I had a few people in my faction working on my station way out for about a week, God this game could have been so fucking cool
>>
>>318027687
its the same issue minecraft has

you cant stop people from downloading maps unless you make the map literally trash data which would fuck with the way the game works since its all in space

the server would need to force a very small render distance and everything, which would suck
>>
File: .jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
any urge to play elite:dangerous is really just an urge to play x3
>>
>>318029356
but they are very different games
>>
>>318018279
Honestly, if you are at all interested in playing any flight sim, space or otherwise, without having to shell out the $400 for a VR headset, trackIR or an open source alternative is the way to go. It's a shame that Trackpoint has such a monopoly on the market, but trackIR is the way to go if you don't have time for soldering and software setup without any dedicated support.
>>
>just started
>didn't set up fightstick controls but seems to be recognize regardless so not too worried
>started game
I know there are tutorials from the main menu but are there tutorials in the main game itself too?
>>
even with the oculus rift I got bored of it quickly

fuck's sake even my normie friend recognized what a shit game it is
>>
>>318029910
the tutorials in the main menu are the only ones

if you still need help after that head to youtube
>>
>>318029635

Except Elite wants to be X3 so bad, the only thing it thinks it can best it on is free jump drive and boasting a tedious dull 1:1 scale which fails and breaks down when you consider ships and people etc..
>>
>>318029910
yeah the tutorials are in the actual game, not the launcher.
>>
>>318030001
>Except Elite wants to be X3 so bad
I dont think you know what elite wants to be
>>
>>318030001
just stay the fuck away from rebirth
>>
>>318030142

Stay away from X3 vanilla in general.
Litcube's Universe is where it's at, just disable the rival megacorp if it bothers you.
>>
>>318030024
>>318029997
Holy fuck I'm bad at this. Good thing I wanna space truck and not fight.
>>
>>318030865
it takes time but once you git gud you should try bounty hunting

if you want to have a lot of fun press Z while trying to dock
>>
They have had some really good community goals lately which means a very large amount of players start hanging around the same few systems. That creates opportunities for a whole lot of pvp fun and makes the game feel more complete for a while.
Other than that, you largely have to create your own fun in this game. If you just go through missions, trading, mining and bounty hunting you are likely to start hating the game at least after 10-20 hours or so.
What I have fun with is experimenting with different ships, outfitting, and combat styles. Like ambushing miners with flight assist off, silent running on, and managing all systems for heat efficiency and such.
I'd say I have around 30 hours in the game, but its hard to say because the game launcher has been alt-tabbed for days clocking in time on the counter.

Anyways, I stopped playing and Im currently waiting to see how horizons turn out.
>>
>>318022682
It's not so much that $15 is a large investment as there being a ton of alternatives available for ~$15 or less so if it doesn't measure up there's other shit to buy.
>>
>>318016560
I played it on the c64. Probably sunk more hours into that game than any other game.
>>
This thing is online only right? There is no single player offline mode?
>>
>>318030912
you are mean.

at least you didn't tell him to hit del

>>318030865

Also when you get a chance go into your settings and unbind your "dump all cargo" button from the default location... it will save you a bunch of headache if you start smuggling stuff.
>>
>>318031751
there is a single player
>offline
no
>>
>nice graphics
>well optimised
>amazing sound
>controls well
>docking is a fun experience

>the way space is set up and everything being an instance is incredibly boring and stifling for multiplayer
>lack of social features because of above and game being mishandled by developers
>frontier's refusal to fix said social aspects of the game and catering hard to forumdads
>>
File: 1438241596684.jpg (629 KB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
1438241596684.jpg
629 KB, 1920x1005
I like Space Engine and Euro Truck Simulator 2

But I'm poor

TELL ME WHAT TO DO /V/!
>>
>>318034546
Get work in a transporting company, that way you will have realistic experience and will no longer be poor
>>
File: 1447202437271.jpg (911 KB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
1447202437271.jpg
911 KB, 1920x1005
>>318037349
TOO LATE I BOUGHT IT
>>
>>318037581
Yeah, I got it too. I've been meaning to try the game for ages, and 15 dollars doesn't seem so bad even if I end up hating it.
>>
File: 1429665751211.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
1429665751211.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1005
>>318037739
The thing that pushed me over the edge was realizing if I really wanted the expansion (which I probably won't get) you should still get a $15 discount which cancels out the purchase.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.