[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/'s goty 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: chundertale.png (438 KB, 673x960) Image search: [Google]
chundertale.png
438 KB, 673x960
>/v/'s goty 2015
>>
>250,000
>Crazy success

Yeah, okay. I get that's good for an indie game, but like Five Nights at Freddy's, it seems more popular on the Internet than in real life.
>>
>>317923875
I only got it because I wanted to know the game my momfu is from and I wouldn't say that milfgoat fucking is an admirable thing.
>>
>/v/'s goty 2015?
Says who? All the polls have shown The Witcher 3 and BloodBorne are far ahead of it.
>>
>>317923875

pc masterrace
>>
How is the game is feminist at all, or queer? It has two homo couples through g he whole game. I don't feel anymore prepared than I did 5 years ago.
>>
Seen people praise the innovative gameplay but I've seen some videos and it looks like your average turn based rpg combat but with passifist options. Is there any more to it or are they just praising it for just that?
>>
I like how this is the exact opposite of what Toby wanted.
>>
>>317927757
No, it's just a flavor of the month shitty tumblr meme game.
>>
>complex themes

Okay all meming aside what are they even talking about. The game leaves nuance and subtlety at the door and tells you exactly how to feel about everything.
>>
>>317927757
Not really. Innovative is a big stretch. It's just different.
>>
>>317927904
He knew it would happen anyway, but at least he got enough money to make something else. I just hope that something else isn't a sequel
>>
>>317927110
show one
>>
>>317923875

>if people that I dont like like it, then I shouldn't like it

I like the game for the soundtrack, the meta elements, how it predicts every player's movement and some bossfights. The "open-minded attitude is what resonates with gamers" line is plain bullshit and pretending that she speaks for the majority is retarded.
>>
>>317927757
it has a nice cute atmosphere and push the pacifist option. nice idea for a story.
it's also really cinematic.

it has absolutely nothing exceptional, but it does few things right, for example it use music and animations wellt o convey the emotion of the monsters you are fighting.
>>
>>317928147

Sometimes being told how to feel is more progressive because then you can't have a wrong opinion.
>>
File: goty2015..jpg (26 KB, 740x383) Image search: [Google]
goty2015..jpg
26 KB, 740x383
>>317923875
It's /v/'s 2015 Games For Change pick.
The GOTY pick is clearly the most successful title.
>>
File: 1446188924671.jpg (8 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1446188924671.jpg
8 KB, 460x215
>>
File: memetale became GOTY.jpg (660 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
memetale became GOTY.jpg
660 KB, 1280x1707
maybe
>>
File: 3333.jpg (388 KB, 1187x1585) Image search: [Google]
3333.jpg
388 KB, 1187x1585
>>317927280
>>
>>317927427
>It has two homo couples through g he whole game.
Out of how many couples total?
>>
>>317928247
i liked the gay knights. i can't absolutely deny it.

but at the same time i was a bit weirded out that there was no etero couple in the spotlight.
it would have been interesting and a way to put lights on how mosnter families work and how 100 species menaged to survive for thousand of years underground.
>>
>>317923875
NO

I LEGIT REFUSE TO ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE TO THINK THIS GAME IS OBJECTIVELY GOOD

CALL IT AN ENJOYABLE GAME IF YOU MUST. SAY IT FIT YOUR TASTE IF YOU MUST. BUT DON'T PRETEND IT DOESN'T HAVE A BILLION FLAWS AND IS INSANELY OVERRATED
>>
>>317928324

Most successful would be Call of Duty. Sold more in its first 3 days than Fallout in its first week.
>>
File: 1447578534320.webm (163 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
1447578534320.webm
163 KB, 700x480
Undertale Fanbase is literally the same level of FNAF Fanbase

They do nothing just draw pictures of characters and make up fanfiction stories while fapping to the pictures
>>
>>317923875
>Review based on feelings and not gameplay

Why is this allowed?
>>
I like Undertale because it remind me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games story wise.

Though Undertale leans more towards meta than PMD's more genuine story telling.

[spoiler} Explorers of sky did a better job of the 'friend/partner crying about you leaving' plot point. Flowey/Asriel a shit
>>
>>317928538
because gameplay is mostly feeling(yeah, i just fucking said that) and some funky, low tier, yet "refreshing", mini bullethell.
>>
I had fun with it. I am sucker for games with hidden stuff and secrets throughout.
It wasn't amazing, but it was an okay playthrough. I wish it lasted longer than 5 hours though, I want at least the amount of dollars I paid in hours of playtime.
>>
>>317928523
>They do nothing just draw pictures of characters and make up fanfiction stories while fapping to the pictures
AKA the entire point of Tumblr.
>>
>>317923875

I fucking hate how they advertise it like this, the game doesnt flaunt that it has progressive fucking themes, it just implements them well. That way it doesnt feel fucking forced and that it changed the outcome of the game like other games that did.
>>
>>317928621
>bullethell

How many new games did you play in 2015, anon?
>>
want proof this game attracts the worst kind of fuckers imaginable?

>>>317918001
>>
>>317928538
eh the sans fight looks like the only fun part to me
>>
>>317923875
Excuse me, but what? What in the fuck is this article talking about? It's a fucking super quirky Earthbound retro whatever, where in the fuck are they pulling all these conclusions from?
>>
File: 1447457674157.png (8 KB, 1301x342) Image search: [Google]
1447457674157.png
8 KB, 1301x342
It's a genuinely good game though, /v/ is constantly shitting on AAA releases for not trying to innovate or move the medium forward and when a game that does that comes along it gets shit on too. I don't get it.

Like for one, it has a "moral choice system" that actually fundamentally alters the way the game plays. You look at Fallout where you can nuke a town and the overall plot won't particularly change. In this if you go out of your way to murder everything you see everyone else will take the hint and get the fuck out of there before you kill them too. The puzzles will be nonexistent since the enemies feel like they're better off evacuating than fucking about playing games with you, the boss fight mechanics totally change in some instances.

it's a really, genuinely smart game. If it weren't for some morons spamming "tumblrtale" when it came out it would've been much better well received but /v/'s pack mentality/hivemind would rather hate a game than love it, even when it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>317928690
2 anon.

how would you even describe the bullet dodging of Undertale? it is Bullethell gameplay, just on a smaller scale and in a different enviroment than what you usually find it in.
>>
>>317928437
4 to my knowledge, not including people in towns and stuff cause there is the rock couple with kids and another family I think.
>>
I expected way too much going into this game after the constant reviews of how innovative it is.

I've already played Eartbound and Mother 3 so this wasn't nearly as "groundbreaking" for me as it was for other people I guess. Not a bad game but not really amazing either. The humor was a little too "on the nose" compared to Mother.
>>
>>317923875
That means none of those things.
Why do people who not know about things post about things?
>>
>>317928820
lots of ambiguous shit and genderbending.
>>
>>317928775
>Like for one, it has a "moral choice system"
Multiple paths are are not innovative.
>>
>>317928465
It's does a lot of stuff right and its flaws aren't that copious. The writing could be a bit more subtle, but the gameplay was solid and memorable and I cared more about characters thsn I did quiet, or my kid in fallout 4
>>
How the fuck is this feminist in any way
>>
>>317928927
Fair enough but I feel like the way they went about it is. I'm sure there are a couple more games based on random encounters where you can completely eliminate all the enemies in an area but of that small segment of RPGs how many use that mechanic to alter the plot?
>>
>>317928820
>4 to my knowledge
Then about 50% of the couples the player interacts with are gay? Sounds pretty pro-LGBT in that regard.
>>
>>317929012
>all of the strong characters, knights, etc are either gay or female
>all the males are either weak, complete goofballs, or sans.

so progressive
>>
>>317928775
i can draw strong criticism to it too.

gameplay is puzzle + dodging shit + making the right choice.

yet there are very few fights in the game worth anything.
puzzles are uninteresting and often bad and uninspired. and there is always a fucking faggot telling you how to solve the puzzle.

you keep going because there is a cute dialogue happening in the next 3 seconds and a one liner NPC at the end of the tunnel who will tella bad joke and then some cute animation, but the journey through the underground is basically a scripted cakewalk into the pixel cinema. the game does that well at least.
>>
>>317929096
I didn't really see that as a feminism thing, just a reverting videogame tropes kinda thing.
>>
>>317929202
lrn2subtext
>>
>>317929030
wouldn't the number be fair to all? 1 gay couple, 1 lesbian couple, and 1 hetero couple. you can't ask for 97 etero couple and 3 gay ones to respect the statistical distribution of human society. he just showed one of each.

the problem, if really there is a problem there, is that the gay and lesbian couple got a lot of attention. you interact more with those characters, you remember them more, while the hetero couples play a forgettable role.
>>
>>317929030
...really? Are you like delusional?
>>
>>317928775

The problem I have with the "moral choices" in Undertake is that it presents a false choice. There is a right answer and a wrong answer. There is a best ending. If you can only choose to be right or choose to be wrong is that a real choice? There's no grey area.

In Witcher you make choices you believe in and the game goes on from there. There's no best ending, there's just your own adventure and your own ending.
>>
>>317929202
See? You didn't even realize.

Proof! Gamers don't care. Everyone can go home.
>>
File: Endplacestogo[1].png (14 KB, 626x473) Image search: [Google]
Endplacestogo[1].png
14 KB, 626x473
>>317929012
50% of the cast is male, 50% female.

The strongest fighter in the story is female. (per the training dialog)
The most educated/intelligent character in the story is female.
The most caring/loving character in the story is female.

Sans is often seen as the hardest fight, but 90% of players will never even see that battle.
>>
>>317928775
the only good part of the game is genocide bosses.
>>
>>317929274
What gay couple gets a lot of attention? I don't even remember any except the knights
>>
>>317928943
>gameplay was solid
Pokemon gameplay was better than this.
>>
I hope you guys don't get pissed at this. This is exactly what we need. Now when feminists claim misogyny in games or that we shun progressive ideas they have no leg to stand on and we can prove they're just talentless hacks blaming boogymen on their shortcomings.
>>
File: 1447308488112.png (63 KB, 609x442) Image search: [Google]
1447308488112.png
63 KB, 609x442
>>317929410
>>
>>317929389
>>The strongest fighter in the story is female
sans
>The most educated/intelligent character in the story is female.
sans
>The most caring/loving character in the story is female.
fair enough
>>
>>317929389

Wouldn't Sans be the strongest character since he doesn't need to go SSJ first to fuck your shit up?
>>
I was severely disappointed by this game. I'm not one to normally play bullet hell games, so maybe that's why I didn't like it. I am a huge RPG fan, however, and found Undertale to be severely underwhelming.

First, the good points: The game's OST and style are both fantastic. Even now I still listen to the same tracks I remember from the game, over and over.The style of this game was great too. The 8 bit world looks and feels great and it really feels reminiscent of classic RPGs like Pokemon and Mother. Even moving segments like waterfalls fit in well with the style of it all.
The combat can be decently fun too, as certain enemies require specific combinations in order to beat them without killing them. Some of these seem quite shallow (eg. Flexing several times in a row) but some are unique and fun. The game also gets bonus points for having it set up so the characters' dialogue change depending on your actions, including how you previously played the game and your previous save/load files. I felt this was a neat little tidbit to make the player feel more aware of their actions, that they would have real weight to them.

Now for the bad points..
>>
Will the game go on sale during this autumn steam sale? I'd like to try, but I don't want to dish out $10 for an indie game.
>>
>>317929420
This.

Who gives a fuck what games do. There should be a game for everyone. This will make them shut up.
>>
>>317929274
The gay couple appears in 4 screens throughout the 3 routes. There's no focus on them.
>>
>>317929492
First and foremost, this game bored me to tears. I had to force myself to finish even one run. Through every section of the game I found myself feeling the need to simply get through that section as there was no real incentive to stay within any one area. A good example is the town of Snowdin, where it might seem alive but there really is nothing to actually do there. The lava area was especially dreary, as it was tedious puzzle after puzzle that was interrupted loads of times by an annoying dinosaur and a talking robot. And what's your reward? One of the most unsatisfying battles with a talking spider. The gameplay, minus some unique Sparing battles, is garbage. You move around and press Z on things. That's it. There is no incentive to do anything besides the main quest because this game has basically zero side quests that actually benefit your gameplay in any way. The puzzles are too easy, plain, and are what you might find in early Pokemon gyms. I don't even know why the puzzles are in this game as they add nothing to it, save for the bits with Papyrus.

Combat as well is garbage if you decide to attack normally. I've heard some people say "well combat isn't a big part of the game" well if you decide to go genocide route, it's basically a third of the entire game (and that's being generous). The dialogue and characters are more hit than miss. Mettaton and Muffet, for example, felt completely out of place and would have been better left out. I understand Muffet was an extra character people paid for, which is fine, but Mettaton has no excuse considering he's in the game so much. Alphys is more tolerable because she at least has personality and reason for what she's doing, but Mettaton is basically "HA LOOK AT ME I WANNA BE FAMOUS OH BTW KEEL ALL HUMANS!!!11" What do Mettaton's constant appearances add to the atmosphere of the game? Nothing. He's basically the Jar Jar binks of the game: A character that adds nothing but is silly for the sake of silly.
>>
>>317929512
>>317929420

>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>317929274
>wouldn't the number be fair to all?
I'm not sure what you're asking me.

The article suggests the game is "progressive" and indicates that gamers are "ready for ... queer romance."

You asked "how is the game ... queer?"

Well, if 2-3% of the population is LGBT, and 50% of the couples you're put in front of are LGBT, that's seems pro-"queer." Specifically, if a game featured hundreds of couples, like you said, and no couples were gay, someone could accuse the game as being anti-LGBT.
>>
>>317928775
Maybe if when it was released the entire front page what Undertale threads people wouldn't react so harshly to it.
>>
>>317929556
The rest of the characters are sort of in the same line. Most of them are quirky for the sake of quirky and don't really fit much into the themes presented in the game. Sans, Asgore, Asriel and Toriel are really the only characters that add to the emotion the game is trying to convey. Even Papyrus, who I like as a character, was quirky for the sake of quirky, but he doesn't really add anything. He wants friends? He wants to be popular? OK great, what does that add to anything? The rest of the NPCs are even worse, throwing out stupid one-liners that don't add anything to the atmosphere trying to be portrayed. Why should I care that your library sign is misspelt? Why should I care that you like the sound of a door knock? Why are you telling you about your buyer's remorse? A lot more effort could have been put into the dialogue, especially with the NPCs who feel more stale than Pokemon NPCs. I will also mention that I didn't like the humour, but I know some people did, so I'm going to leave this as a subjective point.

Overall, Undertale is one of the most overrated games of 2015. I'm a bit disappointed by the internet for rating it so consistently highly especially when I've seen better games rated lower. I'm seriously starting to believe that the only reason people are rating this game so highly is because they were surprised by it, not because they genuinely felt it was a good game.
>>
>>317929532
well that's way more than the hetero couple and HOLY SHIT THEY LITTERALLY DECLARED LOVE TO EACH OTHER ON MY SCREEN AND LICKED EACH OTHER NIPPLE FOR 15 SECONDS

that's quite the spotlight.
>>
>>317929389

How the fuck is that feminist? Isn't caring and being motherly generally associated with being a woman?
>>
>>317929585
wasn't*
>>
>>317929556
>talking shit about Mettaton

bro he was one of the more fun fights in a pacifist playthrough
>>
>>317929440
That anon specifically mentioned a gay and a lesbian couple as two separate things getting a lot of attention, so no, it's not that
>>
>>317929640
>new games comes out
>people want to discuss it
>other people get mad that people want to discuss it
One of these is a reasonable reaction, one of them isn't
>>
>>317929532

> 4 screens

Are you kidding me? There is an entire dating mission for Alphys and Undyne. And you are forced to take it if you want the true ending.
>>
>>317929389
>The strongest fighter in the story is female
Sans, or basically the kid you play as, which is a boy
>The most educated/intelligent character in the story is female.
W.D. Gaster, unknown gender. Or Sans.
surprise?
>>
>>317929674
Was I talking shit about his fight? No, I was talking shit about his existence as a character.
>>
Undertale suffers from being a game whose entire value comes from plot and whose plot only works the first time you play it and only if you don't already know that the game has a big twist.

I liked it but I'll never play it again and anyone who knows about it before they play it probably won't even get the full impact that the game intended.
>>
File: Barrels.jpg (96 KB, 733x651) Image search: [Google]
Barrels.jpg
96 KB, 733x651
>>317929605
>Overall, Undertale is one of the most overrated games of 2015

Are you surprised? Regardless of the quality of the game, the fans are obsessive. I hardly even see any discussion on the actual game aside from the Sans fight, just "LMAO LOOK AT PAPYRUS BE QUIRKY GUYS" or "TOP KEK M8 HAVE YOU SEEN THESE TWO LESBIANS I'M SHIPPING"

I am not surprised in the slightest that one of this game's cash cows was a furry who wanted his butterdragon inserted into the game.
>>
>>317929758
>or basically the kid you play as, which is a boy

you're dumb
>>
>>317929709
If people want to discuss it that's fine. But you don't need to make a new thread when there's already 4 of them up.
Fuck me I had to stop coming for like a week because it was a waste of time trying to find a thread that wasn't Undertale.
>>
Could Chara beat Frisk in a fight?
>>
>>317929814
>Fuck me I had to stop coming for like a week because it was a waste of time trying to find a thread that wasn't Undertale.
>>>/v/catalog
>>
>>317924072
walmart and target both sell FN@F merchandise, it's more popular than you think

undertale is literally fnaf all over again
20-30+ threads daily for half a year here we go
>>
>>317929758
Mettaton is trans and autistic and gay

Papyrus is trans and autistic and not very concerned with labeling his sexuality. he isn’t straight or gay or ace or pan or bi or ply he just wants to capture a human to bring to Undyne

Napstablook is trans and Mettaton’s best friend. it’s ok that they’re cousins ok they’re still bffs

Alphys is trans and a small lesbian and autistic

Undyne is trans and a tall lesbian

Sans is autistic and depressed and literally everyone’s big brother, not just Papyrus’
>>
>>317929674
he's talking about the fact that it adds nothing consistent to the underworld's Lore and to the story's theme about love and tolerance, yet he gets something like 4 big sections.
storytelling wise i guess that him actually wanting to kill you was a good contrast from the pacifist attitude of most other faggots monsters.
>>
>>317929709
>New game comes out
>People discuss it
>People can't stop discussing it
>Queue 1000th comic of Papyrus being a wacky skeleton
>Queue 100000000th general thread in a row because people don't know how to shut the fuck up and move on
>Queue the point where we should have stopped, clearly pass it, and discussion of the game becomes so twisted and distorted that it becomes a sick parody of itself

Katawa Shitjou btw.
>>
>>317929857
>the entire catalog is shitposting about feels in some garbage indie game
sick shit
>>
>>317929806
Alright, I admit it, it has no gender apparently
>>
File: fact!.png (31 KB, 334x587) Image search: [Google]
fact!.png
31 KB, 334x587
>>317929918
>he actually typed this out
>>
>>317929789
>I liked it but I'll never play it again
A game doesn't have to have replay value. its 10$, not 30.
>>
>>317930014
>replay value
No it doesn't, but it loses points for not having any.
>>
I haven't been gaming much recently, but this is great news. I just bought Undertale and Life is Strange on steam. It's good to see games get more progressive and inclusive.

Seems like the hatred on /v/ is a vocal minority.
>>
>>317929918
literally what
if no gender is specified how can they be trans
what if monsters don't have genders
>>
>>317929971
Instead of getting upset that people like something you don't, how about making a thread for a game you do like?
>>
>>317929567
>>>/pol/
>>
>>317929758
i refuse to believe the kid is a boy.

it's either gender neutral ( a good choice for a character that has to rappresent the player) or female.

i can't identify myself with a boy with long hair. even if males can have long hair, boys can't and mothers of Europe and America would rather kill than sending him to school with hair like that. unbelievable to think of it as male.
>>
>>317929918
Here's your reply.
>>
>>317930047
good bait

>>317930097
>>>/trash/
>>
>>317930098
yeah I thought frisk was a guy name but apparently the game creator just said skip
I assume he is gender neutral, but is that feminist enough to make /v/ angry
>>
thanks to the autistic fanbase, I don't even care about playing this shit now
>>
B I G

F A T

D R A G O N S
>>
>>317929632
>How the fuck is that feminist?
There were two "loving" parents in the game. Asgore and Toriel.

Toriel, per the writing, was left as a caring/loving mother while Asgore was a child murdering self-ashamed coward.

Sure, maybe he selected AT COMPLETE RANDOM the man to be the child abusing murderer and the woman to be the caring and loving motherly figure.

Or perhaps you feel that it's "natural" for men to want to kill children as much as it's "natural" for women to be loving caring mothers.
>>
>>317930014

The fact that it is a budget game definitely helps but an RPG with zero replay value is definitely strange. I can't remember the last RPG I played that has so little replay value.
>>
File: k1K4Poz.png (443 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
k1K4Poz.png
443 KB, 1280x720
>>317930167
>>
>>317930154
>this buttblasted when someone says something you don't agree with

keep crying bitch tears, nigga.
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 272x121) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 272x121
>>317930154
Bait? You don't think I bought them? Or is saying games being more inclusive triggering to the sensitive masses here?

did I trigger you?
>>
>>317923875
What exactly the fuck is feminist, queer, and progressive about genocide?
>>
>>317929709

Surely discussion should have died, since it's a 2 hour game with no replay value.

Oh wait, game discussion has died. The general still goes strong by hundred of posts trying to fuck goat boy and sexualize skeletons/robots and furries. It's even worse than FNAF.
>>
>>317930184
he was a human killer, not a child killer
flip those genders around and you get triggered by the fact that the dad is a feminine care-taker
>>
>>317930245
>>317930248
>being triggered tumblrinas

so progressive, look into suicide.
>>
>>317930276
>2 hour game with no replay value
Stopped reading there, sorry
>>
>>317930072
Because you can't discuss a game on /v/ unless it's an old classic that's got a bunch of memes or the new hotness.
I just come here to kill time and read people shitpost because actual conversation is so rare and when it does pop up it gets drowned out by waifufaggotry 1/2 the time.
>>
>>317930248
his virgin tears are streaming down his face.
>>
>>317930098
>>317930156
it's just supposed to be an androgynous character because you're supposed to self insert
>>
File: why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>317930269
>>
>>317923875
SJW only see games as form of delivering agenda
What they missed is that gamers are always ready for a GOOD FUCKING GAME (haven't actualy played undertale tho, but I assume it isn't complete shit)
But yeah, that's the important note here, if your game is fucking great you can have LGBT transmollusk dragon-kin having polyamoric non-sexual NTR relationship with genderfluid rock for all that I care
>>
File: 1447718555749.png (13 KB, 564x146) Image search: [Google]
1447718555749.png
13 KB, 564x146
>>317930338
>implying undertale has no memes
>>
>>317930317
>anyone who likes something I don't like is from tumblr

keep crying bitch tears, faggot.
>>
>>317930378
that's not at all what I implied but ok.
>>
>>317930371
tumblr acceptance at its finest.
>>
>>317930338
> blah blah blah /v/ is shit.

0/10 apply yourself.
>>
>>317930371
>(haven't actualy played undertale tho, but I assume it isn't complete shit)

It has about as much depth as CoC or Monster Girl Quest
>>
>>317930398
>someone who likes shit that openly panders to tumblrinas, and supports progressive ideas is from tumblr

just admit it and head on back there.
>>
>>317927757
It's a bullet hell
>>
>>317930371
The game has a few interesting gimmicks that make it stand out, but other than that it's a pretty standard rpg with basement-tier gameplay value.

I get more enjoyment out of Dungeon Crawl and Dorfy Forty.
>>
>>317930317
How am I triggered? I said games like these are good, they have no negative impact on gaming or you, whatsoever. It doesn't pander, the majority of people in the world are not feminists or LGBT, just like the majority of people who like this game are not. However, if it does reach another group of people such as LGBT gamers, and legitimately makes them feel included, why is that so bad? How does this harm you?

You need to step away from the computer and work on your hatred issues.
>>
>>317930482
Like I said, I haven't played it so can't really comment on the gameplay mechanics but apparently people found it overall enjoyable experience, which is kinda fucking important
>>
>>317930184

I love this game, but the only thing I don't like is how shoe horned it was at the end of the pacifist ending that Asgore was the "horrible child murderer" and Toriel hates him because he wanted to wait for humans to come and kill them.

Toriel's plan still involves getting human souls, but because Asgore wanted to wait for people who, as the story states, climb the mountain that NOBODY CAN COME BACK FROM and kill them, he's the bad guy.
>>
>shitposting with this again

SJWs have been twisting around undertale's message, lad. toby went outright and said that he didn't think progressively when pairing alphys and undyne, he's just really into yuri, which is backed up because back in 2009 his top 10 list of animu contained yuri romances, lad.

he's just a weeb. sjws have been twisting bullshit around.
>>
File: 1448542039432.jpg (228 KB, 900x663) Image search: [Google]
1448542039432.jpg
228 KB, 900x663
Alright, I'll sea you then... Shoot, I already made that one, huh? Sorry, I guess I'm still a little nerfish after having my eelings reciprocated by such a swell guy.

I suppose it's time for bed, anyway. Sweetfish dreams, anon.
>>
>>317930576
>hatred issues

now I know i'm getting trolled.
>>
>>317930326

Oh wow, did I lie? I beat the game in aprox 2 hours. The world is extremely short: you can walk from the ruins to the barrier in a matter of minutes (I know because I returned to the start to talk with Asriel).

It's even funnier because the game encourages you NOT replaying it, calling you are a jerk if you want to see other endings (not that you would, since neutral endings just change one line and genocide is extremely boring, having to walk around like an idiot until the game gives you enough random encounters. Even if you want for the only 2 new bosses, nothing stops you from just download a save state near them).
>>
LISA had more homosexuality than this
>>
>>317930305
>he was a human killer, not a child killer
Both he and toriel adopted the first human child, did you even play the game? There's two beds in asriel's room, asgore and toriel didn't see humans as just somethings to kill. That's the whole point of toriel trying to save you at the beginning, keeping human children from leaving the ruins and being murdered.

>flip those genders around and you get triggered
Nice try. Specifically, the question is "how is this feminist." And the answer was out of the two parents, Toby made one a child killer, and left one a loving parent. Specifically, this showcases how the female cast received more respect than the male cast members.
>>
>>317930378
I'm inclined to ask you what memes the game has but you'll most likely reply with the dogs or the bane video
>>
File: kek.png (120 KB, 831x326) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
120 KB, 831x326
>>317930721
this, but the homosexuality in lisa was actually portrayed well, unlike the 'gay for the sake of being gay' and 'quirky for the sake of being quirky' characters in undertale.

>>317930576
>if it does reach another group of people such as LGBT gamers, and legitimately makes them feel included

LISA is an example of a game that does this, undertale's homosexuals are borderline caricatures.
>>
File: 1359478005967.jpg (28 KB, 325x382) Image search: [Google]
1359478005967.jpg
28 KB, 325x382
>>317930592
>He's just really into yuri

I know 4chan likes to joke about this kind of shit but if you ever met or talked to someone who was into Yuri for more than a few minutes you would know how fucking insufferable they are
>>
File: 1448538410713.png (2 MB, 1065x1500) Image search: [Google]
1448538410713.png
2 MB, 1065x1500
>>317930784
>>
>>317930680
There's no trolling, if it isn't hatred, what is it? You are getting triggered and insulting people for saying a well received game is also nice for being more inclusive.

You come off as angry. The more people a game reaches out to while remaining legitimately good, the better. When a game targets a single demographic and literally panders to them, it doesn't succeed, be it in a pseudo-progressive form or edgy one. Since we're on topic of the word, the game (Hatred) is a great example of this.
>>
>>317930721
yeah but LISA is hardly progressive, lad. It's almost a /pol/ game with some of the shit it does.

LISA and Undertale aren't really intended to be progressive. LISA's "homosexuality" is just a play-on of overly masculine/feminine dudebros in FoTS and Jojo's bizarre adventure, whereas Undertale's homosexuality is based on toby faggot's yuri/yaoi boner than anything truly progressive.
>>
File: le epic trollface guy.png (451 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
le epic trollface guy.png
451 KB, 640x480
>>317930784
If you can't see how Flowey's laugh and psychotic nihilistic personality was inspired by Kefka's laugh and psychotic nihilistic personality, you're a fool.

Same for how Froggit is Pepe.

Same how that lesser doge is Longcat + Doge.

Same how Flowey makes a trollface.

Same how the goats are mimigas straight from Cave Story and the name of the game is Under Tale aka Underground Tale aka Cave Story.

Same how the game rips samples straight from Earthbound.

Same with how "anime is real" comes from "Ron Paul will make anime real"

Same with how the game uses stereotypical stock characters and then makes them lesbians so somehow they're original when they'd be tired crap otherwise.

Same how the entire game is cribbed from safe pop culture memes, YouTube animal videos, and safe well-regarded video game nostalgia references slightly rearranged to pander.
>>
>>317930761
Toby confirms that he's killed at least one human, and even then, he gave the order to have humans killed, so he's technically a human killer
>>
File: 1712458_Sans_Undertale.png (273 KB, 484x711) Image search: [Google]
1712458_Sans_Undertale.png
273 KB, 484x711
Since this thread is already full of it

Favorite Character:
Favorite Character to sexualize:
Your fetish:
Your biggest fear:
>>
>>317930849
> complaining about hatred.
> on /v/.

Your lack of awareness for board culture suggests that you should lurk more. Reminder that hatred is what keeps /v/ going despite all the shilling and all the shitposting.
>>
>>317930831

>>317930836
Better than being a SJW lad, toby's said that he thinks both SJWs and Gamergaters are bad because it's either authoritarian left or authoritarian right.

>>317930831
homosexuality in Undertale is based on yuri and yaoi cliches, toby said his inspiration for faggots in undertale was to be progressive, but because of his yuri and yaoi boner.
>>
>>317928775
>hivemind
*Insert Imgur "ONE OF US" + Doctor Who .jif here*
>>
>>317930849
so is undertale. it blatantly panders, did you even play it yet?
>>
>>317930585
>Toriel's plan still involves getting human souls
It's stated she knew what he was doing, and only really upset that he didn't move forward with shattering the barrier after he got the first human soul gathered. Which is completely out of character for her.

The writing is trying to imply that they split because she never approved of his plan, but it does seem clunky seeing as how she was a brisk walk away from him carrying out his plan the whole time.
>>
>>317930961
wasn't to be progressive***

fug
>>
>>317930961
>implying most yuri fans aren't also tumblrinas that hold progressive values.

the fuck you on?
>>
>>317928775
Accusing others of hivemind reveals your unfamiliarity.
>>
>>317930961
>Better than being a SJW lad

As someone who agrees with toby on horseshoe theory, he's still human fucking garbage for liking yuri, and i'm not exaggerating. He's genuine human fucking garbage. Especially when his game relies on "lmao anime is real" tier bullshit to get laughs.

SJW and GGs might be authoritarian cunts, but he's a cunt who obsesses over "cute!~" shit like the autist he is. I'm surprised he was even ashamed that the fat furry fuck wanted his self insert in the game. He can fuck off, I don't care about any of his damage control.
>>
>>317930958
I'm not new here, the old /v/ is angry schtick is just that old, it's gone.

/v/ has turned into a hivemind that gets triggered easily and cries instead of getting angry.
>>
>>317930896
>so he's technically a human killer
A human child killer. After he and Toriel had adopted a human child.

Again, he portrays the male authority figure as a human child killer, and the female character as a loving motherly saint that only wants to bake you pies and read you stories.
>>
>153 / 22 / 56 / 2
>people on /v/ unironicly liking SJWtale
kek
you faggots can't manage to get more people to talk about your libshit game
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 223x226
>>317931129
> it's gone.
O RLY.
>>
>>317931045
most fags who've been into yuri pre-2010 are only in it for the porn.

he's told people he didn't want to be progressive or hamfist SJW messages into undertale, and that the dudebro knights are yaoi and alphys/undyne are yuri, lad.

>>317931097
Toby's a fucking carebear and it is pretty cancerous, but he's did a good job on staying neutral in vidya politics.
>>
File: 1448538078080.png (679 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448538078080.png
679 KB, 1280x1280
This game had ruined me. This board had ruined me.
I'm so sexually attracted to sans, I can't have normal sex anymore. Hell, I can't even masturbation normally. He's fucked with the core of my brain. Everything from his smile, down to his shitty sense of humor.
And the worst part is, its never going to happen. He's not real. The best I can hope to do is rail an attractive cosplayer, and even then its not the same.
/v/, what the fuck do I do.
>>
>>317931129
that is because people that get angry get b& these days.

you'd know that if you were here before all that goobygams bullshit.
>>
>>317923875
>gamers and more than ready
>and more than ready
>and
Putting that shit into an article is bad enough. But using it as a HIGHLIGHT and not noticing the error is pathetic.
>>
>>317930856
> progressive
I know , but what I meant that homosexuality in gaming is ok in some people's book as long as it was portrayed as progressive
>>
File: 1447743870072.png (557 KB, 1040x1225) Image search: [Google]
1447743870072.png
557 KB, 1040x1225
>>317931180
either way it's shit m8, why defend this?
>>
>>317931185

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1448535037836.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1448535037836.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>317931185
Buy a daki, maybe that'll help.
>>
>>317931258
because people saying it's a SJW game are wrong, senpai. it just attracts retarded SJWs. toby's reasoning for half of the shit is retarded anime cliches rather than social justice bullshit.
>>
you know its pretty telling in a lot of ways when a game gets such good reviews yet only sells a measly 250k

it basically tells me 2 major things

1. Plenty of people don't give a shit about reviews or at least don't buy any games based on them

2. Reviewers do a really bad job at representing the majority opinion and likely have huge biases towards specific things

I'm sure people already suspected this but I feel like its never been more obvious
>>
>>317931258
because, and I know this is a hard thought to process, there are people who disagree with you and think the game is good
>>
File: 1447998473266.png (85 KB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
1447998473266.png
85 KB, 2160x1920
>>317931346
it's not an sjw game, it has no agenda. it just panders to tumblr and furfags, therefore undertale a shit.
>>
God I fucking hate SJW hack vernacular so much.

>ready

Fuck off. Gaming narratives have had "progressive" elements long before this horse shit was released.
>>
>>317928109
nice meme friend
>>
Reminder that reviewers are not objective in their analysis and that editors are universally enforcing bias.
>>
File: 1448537743574.png (444 KB, 774x1300) Image search: [Google]
1448537743574.png
444 KB, 774x1300
You heard knocking.

Everything was ready. You stood up and walked towards the door on your tippy toes. Soft socks made your steps impossible to hear through the door. You opened the peephole as silently as you could, and peeked through. She was there, standing awkwardly in the rain, looking sidewards, like staring on the door would be rude. You observed her for a moment. You saw her struggle to decide if she should ring the bell again. Her palm was reaching towards it, she was touching it, slowly examining the surface with soft bottoms of her clawed fingertips, then she removed her arm and looked at the door with a begging expression.

Silly thing, doesn't she know door can't talk?

You waited patiently until she pressed the button. Real friends should challenge each other to get outside of the comfort zone. You opened instantly, before the bell even stopped making a sound, to see her puzzled face.

"H...Hi, Frisk!", she said, trying hard to look really brave.
You could see that even meeting one of her best friends was a strain for her.
Disappointing.

You nodded and smiled, inviting her in.
She looked around.
"Where is the queen?", she asked.
"Mom is with some of her friends right now."
Alphys looked at you with big eyes. She was finding your use of the word cute. A human child calling a monster their mother.
You had to admit it was more endearing than the other way around.
You pierced her with a stare.
"Do you want to be a mom one day, Alphys?"
She got really embarrassed. Red was beaming from her cheeks even through her yellow scales.
"I... I didn't think about it yet... But! I'm... I'm not saying never.", she answered with a shy smile.
"But two girls can't have kids with each other.", you said.
She froze.
And then she smiled again.
"We're... we're magical monsters. And I'm a scientist. If we'd want to, I'm sure we'd find a way."
She seemed very determined.
>>
>>317929556
>>, which is fine, but Mettaton has no excuse considering he's in the game so much. Alphys is more tolerable because she at least has personality and reason for what she's doing, but Mettaton is basically "HA LOOK AT ME I WANNA BE FAMOUS OH BTW KEEL ALL HUMANS!!!11" What do Mettaton's constant appearances add to the atmosphere of the game? Nothing. He's basically the Jar Jar binks of the game: A character that adds nothing but is silly for the sake of silly.

You completely misinterpreted MTT. His "Kill humans" thing was a complete act for the sake of Alphys. Alphys and MTT became friends because MTT was trying to start a human fan club and Alphys was the only person to show up. Then she built him a robot body. MTT's main drive is trying to escape being sad and shut in like Napstablook, which is why they're related (from a narrative standpoint). Even his claim that he was going to challenge you to take your soul for himself was likely an act, because when you defeat him he talks about how you actually stand a chance against Asgore, and how he cares about his fans. He does help develop the lore too: One character is the only entertainment outlet for the entire underground, which really hits home that the place is tiny and cramped. Also, the fact he's not actually a robot is a hint towards Alphys having tons of secrets, since making a robot with a soul was supposed to be how she proved her worth as a scientist.
>>
I would love nothing more than to see a AAA title come out featuring a transgender character and see it sell millions and get a high review score across the board

my god, /v/ would be triggered so hard.
>>
>>317923875
it was literally one guy spamming the threads and attracting retards into wasting money into it
>>
File: 1448538134897.jpg (307 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1448538134897.jpg
307 KB, 1280x960
>>317931478
"A lizard having a kid with a fish? What would it be like? A newt? Hahaha, that's silly!", you laughed cheerfully.
She laughed with you, but without putting any heart in it. You hate it when people are not honest with their smile.

"Alphys, Alphys, I got some anime for you!", you yelled to break the tension.
You showed her a box featuring a schoolgirl with a knife, her silhouette dark against the moon.
"That's!"
Alphys seemed really excited.
"That's a great anime! That's!"
Her smile faltered.
"That's... completely inappropriate for a kid your age".
"Come on, Alphys! You sent a killer robot after me, if this haven't traumatize me, why would some cartoon do?"
She froze again. And then looked around, avoiding your eyes. A moment of silence has passed.
"Y-you know what? I've already seen this one. Maybe we can watch something on your computer? I have a list of anime you may like. May..."
"Oh, my computer's broken! But don't worry! I have another anime! It's about pirates! I heard it's very famous! Oh, and instead of this stupid subtitles it has a very cool dubbing!"
She sighed.

You sat on a couch. You watched amused as she was cringing through the cheesy opening.
She seemed very uneasy in general.
You decided to be nice and give her something to get on cheer her up. You paused for a moment and went to the kitchen.
"So, since anime is made in Japan, so I thought I would cook you something Japanese for our anime night", you said, bringing a plate of sushi.
"You made it... for me?"
She instantly forgot her bad mood and smiled.
>>
>>317923875
>Some retard wrote a dumb blog.

Guys! Fallout 4 proves we're ready for feminism, queer romance and progressive values - not to mention robosexuality and a nuclear holocaust! Better stop playing fallout 4 because I'm going to tell all my tumblr friends how gay it is!
>>
>>317931484
>tranny ghost bullshit

tumblr pls
>>
>>317931490
I would love to see a AAA title to come out featuring a transgender character that gets every conceivable atrocity committed to it. Normfags would get absolutely fucking wrecked.
>>
File: 1448537901107.png (256 KB, 955x1057) Image search: [Google]
1448537901107.png
256 KB, 955x1057
>>317931542
Alphys sighed.
"I don't have much time to hang out with my friends lately. I learn so much about the human science, but it seems the humans learn a lot from us as well. Well! But at least our knowledge brings us enough money to accommodate everyone! Both me and Sans are giving almost all profits to our little monster fund... But he still got enough cash to buy his brother a sport's car!"
She smiled, hope on her face.
"You know... At first I was, frankly, really afraid to live on the surface. Thrilled, but afraid. And... It was hard. It is. I... I don't like everyone staring at me. And... Not all people are nice. About me. Us. Being monsters. Often I just like to rest reading stuff on the Internet... The Internet, where nobody knows you're a lizard! But Undyne... She tells me we, monsters, should be proud. And that we shouldn't hide who we are. Do you think she's right?"
"Being yourself feels good", you said. "Feels best."
Alphys was in a good mood now, despite a butchery of anime still running on a screen.
"Oh... And funny you mentioned Sans. I've visited him today", you said.
"Oh! How are the skeletons doing?"
"I just jumped in for a moment, but Sans just begged me to spare his brother disappointment and try some of his spaghetti."
"Was it any good?", she asked, amused.
"Papyrus can be really good when he knows what he's doing. But, I am still better", you said, pointing at the last piece of sushi.
She grabbed it, then looked at her fingers. She took it in her hands again and examined it.
"This piece has no fish on it, only rice and..."
She looked at you, surprised.

You smiled. And you smiled. And you smiled.
Her eyes opened wide when the realization hit her.
A violent spasm shook her and she vomited heaps of dust-covered rice. Tears filled her eyes. She was crying and puking almost silently.
>>
File: bVzUCRv.jpg (47 KB, 500x629) Image search: [Google]
bVzUCRv.jpg
47 KB, 500x629
>>317930896
>le giving the order to kill makes you a murderer meme ecks dee
>>
>>317930831

I thought that was hilarious scene. Instead of killing the two guards, you actually made them confess each others feeling. in a silly awkward way
>>
tumblr, meme, meme eme meme memem,

Christ, can't you faggots just leave it be? Yes, Tumblr is full of insufferable cunts, but that doesn't mean you need to be just as insufferable.
>>
>>317923875
Reminder that Toby Fox had Dr. Andonuts say 'tl;dr eat shit and die faggots' in his Earthbound hack.

These are not the words of a SJW.
>>
>>317931601
I don't doubt you would like to see this, you edgy little shit.

Pathetic kiddo.
>>
>>317931558

well it proves it better than UT considering it must've sold at least 20 time as much
>>
>>317931625
>tumblr comes here
>starts being insufferable with relentless undermeme threads

wat else to do
>>
>>317923875
it's a great game
you should play it if you like the mother series or rpgs in general
that's really all there is to say on the matter
>>
File: 1715139_Grillby_Sans_Undertale.png (1 MB, 1280x1313) Image search: [Google]
1715139_Grillby_Sans_Undertale.png
1 MB, 1280x1313
>>317931603
"Will you kill me, too?", she asked silently.
"Why should I be doing your job, doctor Alphys?", you asked.
You left her there, grabbed a backpack and left Toriel's house for good.

It was nice there, but you had some friends to visit.
>>
>>317931670
> he thinks I was being edgy.

Its like its your first day on the internet.
>>
File: toby fox.jpg (70 KB, 600x804) Image search: [Google]
toby fox.jpg
70 KB, 600x804
>It's funny that people are pretending Undertale is revolutionary. I don't mind but I really think people are hyping beyond what it really is. I was expecting some 7/10 scores from reviewsites with maybe a core fanbase and that's it. Having a lesbian couple is not really revolutionary, it's been done since the 90s. I wasn't even thinking progressively when I paired Alphys and Undyne in the first place, as you can tell a lot of the themes and messages in Undertale are projections of things I enjoy. I based their relationship off of anime cliches. The two royal guards were only paired because when I first designed them, they almost looked like overly masculine Fist of the North Star characters and thought it would be funny to pair them. People just like to take messages and twist them into things they can get behind. I'm not a martyr of social justice, both sides of this social justice VS gamergate debate represent authoritarian values that I can't really get behind. They both represent censoring things they don't like.

BASED
TOBY
>>
>>317929605
>. He wants friends? He wants to be popular? OK great, what does that add to anything?

That he's easily manipulated, which is how Undyne used him to start tracking you, how Flowey used him to manipulate him, and how to establish the feel of the game. Having characters that you feel you like as a player means a lot more than having characters that you're just told are the main character's friend. Did you never take middle school literature classes or something? How can you not figure out why the major characters are important.
>>
>>317931674
Considering it had an actual marketing budget and console release, that doesn't mean much.

Simcity 5 had higher sales than undertale. They're not really a measure of quality.

fallout 4 is still better, though. just not because of sales
>>
>>317931751
>I want to see marginalized groups of disadvantaged people get MURDERED! BUT I'M NOT EDGY!

Fuck off back to 8ch
>>
>>317931490
if it was portrayed as the mentally ill freak it is, why not?
>>
>>317931694
Maybe people can like the game without being from Tumblr? Maybe people can like things that you don't like?
>>
>>317931591
When did I say anything about trannies
>>
>>317931808
Being trans doesn't make you mentally ill

pro-tip: trans women are just as much women as a biological one

fucking deal with it, the world is leaving your kind behind.
>>
>>317931670

Cry some more. :^)
>>
>>317931801
I didn't say I wasn't edgy. See, this is how I can tell you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>317931801
>marginalized
>disadvantage
>actually spreading those misinformations around

Now who's edgy?
>>
File: old_larry_1318340630[1].jpg (57 KB, 610x381) Image search: [Google]
old_larry_1318340630[1].jpg
57 KB, 610x381
>>317931354
Honestly, there's a single extra ingredient you're missing out on.

3. Graphics.

The people that buy millions upon millions of GTAs and CoDs are the same people that earn Cameron's Avatar a billion dollars. They're the "normies" of video games, people that are so impressed at what they're looking at that it doesn't really matter how or what it plays like.

Something like Undertale could be a legit 10/10 with 100% support of both /v/ and tumblr and it would never break into mainstream. Mainly because it looks like a SCUMM/Sierra game from 1987.

I'm sure these "retro" graphics are certainly nostalgic for kids born in the late 1990s (when graphics were much, much, much better), but for the most part it's indie hipster for being indie hipster. And as such it's going to stay niche, and that's for the best.
>>
>>317931801
> marginalized groups
> disadvantaged people

Kek.

>>317931879

> the world is leaving your kind behind

Top kek

You need to be a bit more subtle with your bait anon. You almost got me there. :^)
>>
>>317923875
I read that bitches name as "Emily Spaghet"
I need to lay of the coffee.
>>
File: Bear.jpg (17 KB, 249x251) Image search: [Google]
Bear.jpg
17 KB, 249x251
>>317931765
based toby
>>
I always got the impression monsters don't give a shit about gender or race because they're fucking magical constructs.
They probably reproduce by literally having the stork bring them babies.
>>
>>317931816
>tumblr starts coming here with their progressive bullshit
>why not shitpost
i'm fine with the game as it is it's a mediocre rpg experience at best and a poor bullet hell at worst, even the creator hates the autistic ass fanbase.

>>317931879
what is gender dysphoria?

how can you change an x chromosome to a y or vice versa?

the world will never be leaving facts behind, or are you just baiting me again? :^)
>>
>>317932024
Dude if you want to know where monsters come from go to /d/.
>>
>>317931765
>both sides of this social justice VS gamergate debate represent authoritarian values that I can't really get behind. They both represent censoring things they don't like.
What did gamergate want censored?
>>
>>317931601
Most normalfags don't care about transgender people, Anon.

I don't know how people can be so out of touch with the world.
>>
>>317923875

Life is Strange > Undertale
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 554x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 554x194
>>317931765
Based toby
>>
File: 24868271iny.jpg (7 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
24868271iny.jpg
7 KB, 245x300
>>317928416
>m4sterchan.org
>>
>>317932130
pretty sure to a normalfag, SJWs represent censoring lewd women in vidya and gamergaters reprsent censoring trans-lesbian postniggers in vidya
>>
>>317932152
nah episode 5 was too shit the whole thing is tainted
>>
>>317932209
this desu, if the last couple bits weren't so shit it'd actually be a nice experience.

fuck squeenix.
>>
>>317932209

I'm specifically thinking of the fanfic erotica
>>
>>317932262
max is 2boring
chloe is a horrible dyke bitch why would you ever wanna fap to her
>>
>>317931879
This may or may not be bait, but it's worth remembering words can change meaning.

i.e. depending on how you define 'Woman' which is already very vaguely defined (Like 'A woman is a female'), it's very possible to remove the distinction between a biological woman and a trans woman.

Just like you no longer use 'wer' to refer to an adult man, because the use of language has changed.
>>
>>317932196
>pretty sure to a normalfag
Would you really call Toby Fox a "normalfag?"

>gamergaters reprsent censoring trans-lesbian postniggers in vidya
I remember them wanting a bunch of journalists fired, but specifically because those journalists weren't coming clean with their affiliations.

Everyone has examples of SJW trying to get games censored/banned. Do you have any examples of a GG trying to get something censored/banned?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (41 KB, 514x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41 KB, 514x200
>>317932167
>that picture
>>
>>317931765
My respect for Toby just went up
>>
>>317932369
doesn't change the fact trannys are mentally ill and will never be biological women.
>>
>>317932130
Gaming journalism that they didn't like.
[10 reasons why GTA V is problematic]
>>
>>317931185
I guess you can say he really tickled your funny bone?
>>
>>317932430
dyelbabies faggot
>>
>>317931879
>Being trans doesn't make you mentally ill
first of all it's arguable that being trans is a mental illness in and of itself
second of all trans people are highly predisposed towards basically every mental illness in the book
>>
>>317932427
Not really a normalfag but he seems like the type of guy that doesn't want to get caught into petty video game politics and is just riding the sidelines.

I've never said gamergate represents censoring shit, it's just feasible that many people would think gamergate wants to censor liberal values in vidya because the media portrays them as a boogeyman.

Toby's made it clear he doesn't like SJWs or gamergaters.
>>
File: gq1WA1r7av0.gif (80 KB, 434x279) Image search: [Google]
gq1WA1r7av0.gif
80 KB, 434x279
Undertale isn't that clever, it's just imitating better and more interesting things that haven't been imitated in a long time.

So they seem new, but if you're not a total fuckboy you've seen everything the game has been done before already.
>>
>>317932130

The way people complain about "progressive" bullshit that's being pushed in some vidya is not that far from the SJWs. Like, I don't find Gone Home e.g. interesting at all either, but some of the outright hate is ridiculous.
>>
>>317930470
/v/ is fine as long as you're playing the big new game. But for me, considering I haven't played any of the large releases this year, it seems pretty lackluster yes.
>>
>>317932447
>trannys are mentally ill
It's worth remembering that the best 'cure' available is still transition in a lot of cases.

Some people DO actually just get therapy, if their case is more mild, but others require transition because therapy doesn't work.
>>
>>317932573

This just in, games don't need to do something new to be excellent.
>>
>>317932593
this is true, but 'transitioning' will never make them biological women, no matter what their feelings tell them.
>>
>>317932549
>it's just feasible that many people would think gamergate wants to censor liberal values
Except I've never seen that happen except in the "headcannon" of SJWs.

>Toby's made it clear he doesn't like SJWs or gamergaters.
That's fine. But saying GG are just as bad as SJW because they both want "things banned" is pretty retarded without evidence.
>>
The fact that the creator felt the need to 'represent' the gay demographic at all proves he's just another affirmative action progressive.
>>
>>317932574
Gone Home isn't shit because of the same sex couples, it's shit because it's a walking simulator with a shit story and very little gameplay of any interest whose marketing was a bait and switch
>>
File: flowey face thing 2.gif (16 KB, 90x105) Image search: [Google]
flowey face thing 2.gif
16 KB, 90x105
>this entire scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esO68ugSK4w
>>
>>317932698
Toby is just a yuri fanboy, you cuk.
>>
>>317932779
PEEL IT DOWN AND GO MMM-MMM MMM-MMMMMM
>>
File: state of kekkage.jpg (25 KB, 189x252) Image search: [Google]
state of kekkage.jpg
25 KB, 189x252
>>317931765
SJWS BTFO
GGERS BTFO
BASED
TOBY
>>
>>317932574
>but some of the outright hate is ridiculous.
How is that in any way a product of "gamergate?"

Is gamergate just anyone that isn't a SJW? Or is it anyone that is critical of SJW? Or is it now just anyone that is critical of anything a SJW likes?

Because I only loosely followed all the edrama and gamergate as a twitter hastag stuck to their "down with bad journalism" shtick. I suppose it's easier to strawman them into being the same people that hated gone home, but I think that's a stretch.
>>
>>317928247
She has an agenda to push and it's one that makes great for a (You) thread.
>>
>>317932648
I didn't say the game wasn't excellent, it's pretty good. I just meant the writing isn't as clever as it thinks it is.
>>
It's a tap for people to pour fourth there autism from with shitty fanfics and crayon art.

The game itself is just a big meme, it might as well be called Mother: A Wario-Ware RPG Chapter 1 Autisicity
>>
>>317923875

I love Undertale, but this "article" makes me want to punch the abomination responsible for writing it.

Why can't we just enjoy good vidya? Why do crazy people need to come along and try to force their shit agenda onto Undertale?

Fuck everything.
>>
>>317932651
This is true, but also largely irrelevant because so long as they're functionally treated like women, it doesn't come up outside a hospital.

This is where people proudly declare how they'd lose their retail jobs by referring to a transgender person with the pronoun of their biological sex, then get into an argument when 'corrected'. Good luck with that, I'm taking the path of least resistance and calling them whatever they want. (provided it's he, she, or they. I draw the line at xe/xey/xir nonsense.)
>>
>>317932847
>Is gamergate just anyone that isn't a SJW? Or is it anyone that is critical of SJW? Or is it now just anyone that is critical of anything a SJW likes?
It's people who actively identify as part of Gamergate.
>>
Just ignore this stuff and play what you love.
>>
>>317933001
This, everyone wants it to perceive the game more than what it is. When it's just a guy who has an affinity for earthbound and wanted to fuck with the player and showing them that you are not above your consequences.
>>
>>317933260
Or it's just about anyone who doesn't agree to them SJWs, according to them
>>
>>317929348
Except that's not true at all?
If you're talking about the Pacifist vs. Genocide then the game goes into a lot of depth about this
Unrelenting pacifism is wrong and weird- several characters call you out on the fact that your pacifism is unatural in the face of said adversity, and Sans even says that the only reason you should even be a pacifist is because it's the best for everyone
In Genocide you single-handedly commit genocide. Gee, anon. I wonder if that's bad at all?
Plus there is a neutral path of like 20 variants.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.