[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see one in the catalog Xeno thread. Whether it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
Didn't see one in the catalog

Xeno thread. Whether it's XC or XCX, I'd even welcome Xenosaga.
>>
I started up Xenoblade late last week, wanting to finish it with XCX coming out soon. I'm 15 hours in, and just beat Xord. Having a fucking blast now that I'm not killing myself over sidequests, like I did last time I tried to play it.

What's your favorite Xenoblade team? I just got Dunban, and am having trouble deciding if I should use him or Reyn. Dunban seems like the better tank, but Reyn's character is so good, I feel obligated to keep him on the team.
>>
Reminder that if you didn't get the RPS badge you are a FUCKING PLEB.

That is all.
>>
This is it, /v/. I've been looking for a game to replace PSO since 2003. If this doesn't deliver, I'm done with my search and I'm just gonna declare PSO the best sci-fi loot game ever made.

>mechs
>random loot
>rare drops/weapons to find
>the plot is literally the exact same as PSO
>photon sabers
>guns, guns, and guns
>magic
>4-player parties
>one central hub town with weapons, skills, and armor shops
>heavy online emphasis
>chat bubbles for communication
>robot waifus
I hope it delivers. I really do.
>>
>>317880267
This isn't really a multiplayer focused game, don't hype it to much if MP is the most important part for you. It does have multiplayer content but the core of the game is SP.
>>
>>317880450
Same as PSO. Another similarity!
>>
>>317880554
Okay, didn't realize. You're in luck then.
>>
>>317880554
That's not true at all. The core of PSO is "Online", which is the title. The "campaign" of PSO is very marginal.
>>
File: GOTY.jpg (53 KB, 211x317) Image search: [Google]
GOTY.jpg
53 KB, 211x317
Who /Euro-LE-pre-ordered/ here?
Feels good man, can't wait to get comfy
>>
>>317880983
I got the NA LE preordered. 90 bucks. I mainly want that bitchin flash drive.
>>317880617
Eh, I can see where he's coming from. PSO did online really well IMO. You could do literally everything you could do offline online as well, and vice versa. The online was awesome for killing shit with your friends, trading, and acting like a retard in the lobbies on those floating chairs. The core gameplay is the same whether you're online or offline, which is something I love about PSO. I really wish Sega would make another PSO that's not a MonHun ripoff.
>>
File: 345234.png (21 KB, 329x110) Image search: [Google]
345234.png
21 KB, 329x110
WHO $20 HERE.
>>
I love how much content is packed into xenoblade. I'm about 70 hours in and just got to Valak Mt. cause I've been doing every quest and trying to raise affinity between characters. Gem crafting is awesome too.
My favorite party is Melia, Dunban and Riki. So much DoT. Does it all stack though? Like Dunbans/Rikis bleed attacks?
>>
>>317881935
NA LE pre-order here too. Canada is getting ass-raped on prices but I've been waiting for this game for forever. It means I can only get one game in December instead of two. I was hoping to buy Fast Racing Neo but it will have to wait for just after the holidays.
>>
>>317882161
I felt too vulnerable without Reyn acting as my tank. My party for the final boss was Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla. I can't imagine beating that boss without Shield being max level.
>>
>>317882852
I was level 80 and had Shulk, Dunban, Riki. Fucking unstoppable party.
>>
>>317879306
Use both screw Sharla
>>
File: Starlight Duster.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Starlight Duster.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Going galactic Knight after watching the battle trailer.Anyone else?
>>
>>317879306
Melia/Shulk/Dunban or Melia/Shulk/Fiora (actual spoilers btw)

Regardless Melia is by far the most fun character to play and her AI is shit anyway
>>
>>317884297
Can any class use the photon sabers? Or just GK? If just GK, I'm definitely going that route.
>>
File: 1448409733879.png (4 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1448409733879.png
4 KB, 500x470
>>317879081
If this is a general Xeno thread, then does Xenotake count? What about Xenoverse?
>>
>>317882852
>using Shulk Reyn and Sharla the entire game
max pleb
>>
>>317882852
You should have at least had Melia in your party. But if you really wanted to rape every monster it would go Dunban as tank, Melia as main, and Riki as rebuff.
>>
>>317884496
I only used Sharla as the medic in that last fight. My normal party is Shulk, Reyn, and Melia.
>>
>>317884509
Is Riki that good? I can't stand his character, so I never put him on the team.
>>
>>317884769
I used he was in general better than the other options. I mean I already had a tank, Shulk wasn't really much help in the final battle, I didnt like using Seven, and Sharla was just garbage all around despite being best gril
>>
>>317884986
I like to think Sharla was the sole reason Takahashi changed the battle system in X to remove a focus on healing.

Like he finished up Xenoblade, played one fight with Dunban/Riki/Shulk and another with Sharla/Dunban/Riki and just nope'd so hard he told the entire staff that they had to fix this shit.
>>
>>317879306
I've been rocking with Shulk/Reyn/Riki
>>
>>317885262
Healing already barely matters in Xenoblade, that's why Sharla is so shitty
>>
>>317885262
Pretty much late game she was useless. You didn't need that many heals and if need be Riki had me covered. Plus hearing "my rifle's getting hotter!" every second became annoying.
>>
>>317880983
I'm from the UK, but I'm getting it digitally & also have the NA Special Ed preordered. I cancelled the EU LE cus it's kinda lacking, I guess
>>
>>317884496
>>317884570
>>317884986
>>317885262
>>317885463
>>317885481

Typical Sharla shitposters who don't realize you can break the game with her party heal skill coupled with Shulk's Glorious Future skill link.
>>
>yfw when Tatsu calls refrigerators "refridgereaters" in XCX

It's pretty fucking cute
>>
>>317885780
"I can make battles take 3 times longer by drawing them out instead of just killing the enemy!" Epic.
>>
File: j8ICgGg.gif (593 KB, 370x335) Image search: [Google]
j8ICgGg.gif
593 KB, 370x335
Anyone else getting burned out from the wait? It's been so long now, the hype kinda fizzled out in the past few weeks.
>>
>>317885780
Doesn't matter how much you heal she still sucks because that's her only purpose and constant healing is unnecessary in the game. Just face it Sharla sucks as a party member, but she's still best grip.
>>
>>317886032
I'm not getting burned out. I've waited this long for the game, I can handle 8 days more.
>>
>>317886032
I wish. The wait is getting unbearable
>>
>>317884410
You go down the path to GK to unlock the arts, then once you've mastered GK you can use all of the arts with the weapon with any class. Technically you could start using photon sabers with any class after mastering Blast Fencer, but you are probably going to want those extra arts.
>>
>>317885780

She can be just as competent as the others in doing damage BUT it takes a shitload of work, as in her third and fourth skill tree are pretty much a necessity and those take forever to get, not to mention grinding them both up. By the time you have her doing good damage you could have beat the game and/or all the high-level unique monsters with others.
>>
Hello?
>>
>>317887097
Yes?
>>317886032
Absolutely not. The wait is becoming excruciating like this anon >>317886209 said.
>>
I hope this a thread about the japanese version which you've all bought and played
Because you're cancer if you support censorship and paying sjw's salaries for fucking up games you claim to love
>>
>>317887097
Is this thing on?
>>
File: 1446862609445.jpg (127 KB, 679x609) Image search: [Google]
1446862609445.jpg
127 KB, 679x609
>>317887180
>>
>>317887242
Is anyone there?
>>
>>317887180

>Protesting the game by buying the game anyway
>Still giving the company your money

You have smoked yourself retarded.
>>
>>317879306
>What's your favorite Xenoblade team?
Dunban/Riki/Seven

Dunban is really the most fun character to play as, and you can't trust Shulk and Melia on AI and Sharla is useless. Nothing against Reyn particularly but Dunban's really all the tanking I needed and Seven could keep herself alive with crit-leeching anyway.
>>
File: g3 machinegun.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
g3 machinegun.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>>317887303
I need a bigger gun.
>>
>>317887638
Help if you can.
>>
>>317887446
Yes by buying the non censored one. The only retards are the one's who will clean the shelves of the censored version and allow the practice to continue
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png (554 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.png
554 KB, 720x1280
>>317887701
PLEASE WAKE ME UP
>>
>>317887882
NOT TO SOUND CLICHE
>>
File: dundun hero of the homs.png (124 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
dundun hero of the homs.png
124 KB, 500x332
>>317888030
But this world OF STRIFE
>>
>>317879306
I think my favorite was Shulk, Reyn, Riki.
Riki could do some healing and even tank if Reyn went down. Shulk is my preferred character to play as because of the Monado Arts, Purge and Shiled are a huge help. Plus Monado Buster-ing to end a long chain attack feels damn good.
Dunban's a close second though.
>>
>>317887790

Nintendo does not care about your temper tantrum, anon. You give them your money (and thus support them) either way apparently, why would they care which version you buy???

I mean, shit, a smarter move would be to just... NOT BUY IT. You DO know how to avoid BUYING things, right anon?

Also while you're at it shut the fuck up and find another thread
>>
>>317888030
BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS
>>
fiora isn't dead. she gets her body back at the end.
>>
>>317887790
>boob slider
Wow, it's nothing. I'm playing as a guy anyway so this doesn't effect me.
>Lynlee's swimsuit was taken away
Good, don't sexualize my daughterfu
>>
>>317888103
DAMN IT DUNBAN, STOP BREAKING THE CHAIN!

I'm just gonna throw this here, there are bits that made me giggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkvc_FG1PkY
>>
>XBC has 8 of playable. Only play Shulk, Dunban and Sharla through 80% of the game

I feel like I'm going to do the same with Elma, Lin and whoever I get first in my XBX party
>>
>>317888128
Uh you're not bright. If no one buys the localized version, why would they continue making the localized censored version. They would be forced to research why no one has bought the localized version and why the sales of the original japanese version is so abnormally high, or just not localize all together and get hate and not care or whatever. Who cares, why would you even want a doctured version of a great game you claim to love.
Would a silent hill fan like it if they released silent hill 2 all fucked up and shit. No they wouldn't that why the HD collection bombed.
>>
>>317888284
You can find other players' characters as NPCs while travelling around. You can recruit them and have them join up for a limited time (a few hours I think)

You might consider just bringing along those folks as you find them and switch them out when they've run their course. Could be fun!
>>
>>317888360
How is it a doctured version when it has one of the characters saying "Asscave"? Just spoiled myself on a scene back at the BLADE barracks when you finally get Tatsu on your team and the writing was really fucking good & the interaction between Tatsu & Lin was fucking great. You're really Skelling the localisation fucking short.
>>
>>317888360
I can't tell if this is bait or not.
Like it or not, the world isn't that black and white. If people protest the game and hurt the sales, the most likely thing to happen is that they'll stop localizing the games.
Frankly, while I'd prefer them not to change shit, the removal of a breast slider is just not important enough to overshadow everything else we want in the game.
You'll find very few people who "defend" censorship here, it's just that we want the core game, which is still there, and we have the ability to ignore small shit.
>>
>>317879306
I'm exactly up to where you are.
>That foggy forest
>Those fucking level 80 owls during night time

Fuck me
What a fun area.

I've found so far, that replacing Sharla with Dunban ends fights a lot quicker, haven't gotten his arts down to memory and recognition of audio ques.
They seem useful though.

I'm at around about level 30 for all my characters so far.

Only thing that bugs me on occasion
>Anything 2-5 levels higher than you will destroy you, even with successful chains

I get the purpose for the sake of balance and pacing, but god damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
>>317888630
>skelling
Alright, you got me.
>>
>>317888360
They will not do this.

They will say "huh, guess this game doesn't sell well here. Well, we tried" and close the book and that will be that.

You are projecting WAAAY too much faith onto a company who is out to make money while pushing out entertainment products to the markets where they sell. You and your kind do not make up a significant portion of the jRPG audience on the WiiU, and you are deluding yourself if you think this.

I am fine with the changes they made and I'm happy the game is coming out and I have already paid in to support the game and Nintendo.

How about a brain excercise: Perhaps stop thinking of things in purely black and white terms? If they really do eventually go "too far" they will know and will act appropriately, but until then you're just going to have to deal with people who have a stronger tolerance for stupid insignificant non-gameplay criticial changes to games.

You already made up your mind, so why are you still here posting? If you think you're posting bait, you're wrong. You just come off as extremely misguided.
>>
>>317888709
oh and while I'm at it

This game reminds me an awful lot of a super in-depth Secret of Mana.
And it just gets me thinking, if the game were multiplayer, it'd be the best shit ever.

I miss co-op JRPGs. Theres something really fun about grinding it out with a buddy and having with a definite end to the whole Journey.
>>
File: 1443890234179.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1443890234179.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>317888630
>Skelling the localization short
>>
>>317888913
>Secret of Mana comparison

I... can actually kind of see it, yeah. Hmm. SoM is one of my favorites and I never about that kind of comparison.
>>
>>317880983
I'm gonna buy it in store the 4th december for 52€, with Amazon we never know if they'll deliver it the day of its release or not.
>>
>>317888360
Its not censorship if it was a company decision.
Its censorship if the government gets involved.

What it really is, is localization.
We don't know the specific reason why they removed titty sliders, but if its anyones reason to not pick up a good game they've been looking forward to, then stop playing video games. You're in it for the wrong reasons.

What this more closely resembles is Localization.
Maybe the other foreign branches of Nintendo thought it was irrelivent. Maybe they thought it was too much.
Maybe they wanted a standardized age rating across the western nations.
We don't know.

Its dumb that its removed, but it honestly does not matter as much as people say it does.
>>
File: 6e7655e14d59b8a19f4fb3086c1ff94a.jpg (542 KB, 2590x1834) Image search: [Google]
6e7655e14d59b8a19f4fb3086c1ff94a.jpg
542 KB, 2590x1834
Who to lazy to go to the store digital version here
>>
>>317889249
>Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

>Governments, private organizations and individuals may engage in censorship. When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is called self-censorship.
>>
>>317889402
Digital here too
>>
>>317889249
No it's censorship. The japanese dev team made a game, handed that game over to the US Localization team, and they doctured the shit out of it. The jap team didn't have any say. The jap guys made the game they wanted. If they wanted the western version, they would have made it. But someone decided, no this will not do and i'm gonna fuck that shit up for you famm
>>
>>317889402
Amazon will deliver it to my door, this way I get it physical while still being lazy.
>>
File: 1445079753174.png (117 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
1445079753174.png
117 KB, 500x657
>>317889402
I'm too lazy to go to the store and that's why I ordered off Amazon.

I swear if they fuck up day one delivery and I only get my copy on Monday...
>>
>>317889497
This is a reminder that you are arguing about a group of polygons shaped to simulate bags of meat and and the ability to look at a digital girl in skimpy clothes. Come back when the charge is that characters/chunks of story/gameplay mechanics are being removed in full.
>>
File: latest[3].png (188 KB, 253x567) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
188 KB, 253x567
She deserved better
>>
>>317889561
You're really fucking stupid.
>>
>>317889582
>>317889595
Also to impatient to wait for delivery too
>>
>>317889710
No, apparently you are
>>
>>317889073
Secret of Mana was my favorite JRPG growing up.
It was a great game with a few simple flaws, but kept you engrossed with its tunes and its world. Gameplay was fun, and required co-ordination and some quick thinking.

I remember trying xenoblade for the first time on the Wii some years ago, and had the wrong head going into it. The Auto attacking I just didn't "get" and I felt let down somehow.

I bought the 3DS version on a whim, and gave it a second chance, because I like to grind out long games in bed over dedicating myself to TV time.
And it hit me, the time waiting between certain attacks, managing yourself and your time in battle, atmosphere and music, it all suddenly gave me a change in perspective, and I started really feeling it.

I also really enjoy the things I thought would irk me; Not losing anything upon death, regenerating health, auto attacks.
They all make sense in this games context and it feels fresh. It works super good.
>>
>>317879306
Melia/Dunban/Riki master race.
Seven is also really fun to play as, don't play as shulk the entire game because he has like no regular battle arts which is pretty boring after a while
>>
>>317889561

The Japanese dev team made a game for multiple markets but tailored their version, for their country, to their own market. The company in charge of that development team then made the call to have it localized in other markets, wherein the local offices of those markets did so by removing a few non-critical features they felt would turn away more people than they would bring in, and had a well-established localization team handle the text and story elements.

The Jap team didn't fucking care at this point because they did their job. It's done. I seriously doubt Takahashi gives a fuck about what they've done because he has a brain and can use it.
>>
>>317889561
Way to not reply to the same guy, but alright.

Wheres your citation on what the Jap devs had no say in?
All I'm seeing is people sperging out over a nothing change.

Tell me
If there was no slider to begin with, would you care?
>>
>>317886032
I did for about 2 months but it's back baby.
>>
File: 51379138_p7.jpg (243 KB, 760x1000) Image search: [Google]
51379138_p7.jpg
243 KB, 760x1000
Reminder that Bible-chan is best girl
>>
>>317889891

Yeah, the attack timing is definitely something that could be seen as similar. That game is my favorite because my time with it was a memorable experience with two other friends, one of which owned the game and a multitap, so we played through the whole thing as a grand co-op romp.
>>
File: 1436746390457.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436746390457.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>317888630
>Skelling the localisation fucking short.
>>
File: 1422483105652.jpg (22 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1422483105652.jpg
22 KB, 704x396
>>317890140
I'd go to church with her, if you catch my drift.
>>
Does anyone have a summary of the different classes?
Do any of them play like Melia?
Ideally, a mix of Melia and Dunban.
Can you swap control of party members like in XC and take control of Elma or Lin?
>>
>>317879081

First non-nintendo site review for the western release, though it's a small one:

>Movie-Pilot http://moviepilot.com/reviews/3652527?lt_source=external,manual
9.6/10
>>
>>317889891
>Not losing anything upon death, regenerating health, auto attacks.
Yeah, I also liked those things. Not losing anything on death just means you've got incentive to try out different tactics, and if it doesn't work, too bad, try again with something different. It also means you don't get doubly fucked over if you get gangraped by monsters 30 levels above yours while exploring.

Regenerating health outside battles just means you don't have to carry 50+ health potions in your inventory or teleport back to town after every battle.

Auto-attacks means something's actually happening when you wait for your arts to reload, something that you don't have to pay any attention to so you can focus on your team's health and morale, the enemy's health, what strategy or attack to use next, whether or not to use a chain attack or wait to revive a teammate, etc. They're basically there to give you a breather to strategies while still continuing the battle so your characters don't stand there looking helpless. It also helps that they're linked to their very own systems like increasing your tension and shit, systems which you can further customize with auto-attack focused gems and skill links.
>>
right, I have 390 in my bank account, and I want to buy Xenoblade X shit. Is there any art books/merchandise of this game out there?
>>
>>317889402
i haven't bought a physical game since like 2013
my external hd is physical enough
>>
>>317890096
I preordered this back in August, forgot it existed and remembered it during the last Direct. Kind of nice since I didn't get burned out or die of waiting
>>
File: NEVER EVER.png (919 KB, 1268x706) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.png
919 KB, 1268x706
>>317890682
The Kotobukiya kit.

When it releases roughly 10 years from now.
>>
>>317890493
>only 9.4
I can hear the shitposters now.
>>
File: 1448352753807.jpg (136 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1448352753807.jpg
136 KB, 1366x768
>>317890140
I disagree but respect your opinion
>>
>>317890682
The special edition has an artbook.
>>
>>317890850
She reminds me of Fiora.
>>
>>317890682
The Limited Edition comes with merch, varies depending on your region
The guide comes with a screen cleaner
They're releasing Skell figures in the future
>>
>>317890470

Don't take my word 100% of course, but you might be able to get something similar to a Melia/Dunban mix by going down the Enforcer path. You would want to mix Psycorruptor with Galactic Knight, so you would use the Psycho Launchers with the Photon Saber... the knife arts for Psycorruptor are really good though, so maybe just a straight up Psycorruptor.

From what I've read of the arts descriptions you would do well to investigate that path first, at the very least.

And yes you can swap party members and control others.
>>
Chie voice is best voice
>>
>>317890934
She also has a bit of Shulk in her
>>
>>317891024
There's a Chie voice? I
>>
Why aren't they marketing this game at all? All they have to do is talk about muh open world and show some cinematics of skells fighting and explosions.
>>
>>317890493
>But a close second for greatest JRPG of all time is the entire Xeno series!
You can't take a review seriously when you know he's a fanboy, he'll be less objective.
>>
>>317889701
>She deserved better

You and 90% of the player base agrees
>>
>>317891136

Soldier, last female voice option.
>>
>>317888203
>She gets her body back at the end

God I hate that shit. Perfect robo waifu and they just had to return her to status quo.
>>
>>317891079
So does Fiora
>>
>>317891146
They are in Europe. NOA has no confidence in this game.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 350x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 350x490
>>317880267
PSO will always be the best sci-fi lootan experience and I say this as someone who is beyond hyped for XBX.

PSO is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>317891136
It's the last option. 'Soldier'
>>
>>317890906
Ah yeah, true. Got it preordered.
>>317890805
Man, definitely grabbing that when it releases.
>>317890975
Yeah, got the guide preordered.

Gonna preorder the Xenoblade X: the art of Mira art book from Japan
>>
>>317891024
Mitsuru voice is better
>>
>>317891297

Are they playing commercials on television in Europe for this? All of their trailers have been great.
>>
>>317890140
Took me a sec that she has heterochromia eyes
>>
>>317891304
>The sad state of SCHT
>The sad state of any PSO private servers

>And yet, a new PSU experience begins to poke its head through the clouds

This fucking series is more resilient than the cockroaches
>>
>>317891270
I must've skipped it. I heard Christina Vee's voice and blacked out from sheer joy.
>>
>>317891568
is that actually in-game canon? if so thats pretty neat
>>
Why are people hype for this?
the game is already confirm shit months ago
:^)
>>
>>317891146
There's a commercial that plays on Adult Swim but it's got some terrible voice over instead of just using the game's audio like Europe's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0UdSw9a5hg
>>
File: hope.jpg (58 KB, 1197x585) Image search: [Google]
hope.jpg
58 KB, 1197x585
>>317891660
Yes
>>
>>317891609
>>317891609
I just wish they'd release a 3DS port or something. I'd buy a dozen copies.
>>
>>317891798
That's really cool.
>>
Can you name your skells?
>>
>>317891980
yes
>>
>>317891980
Yes
>>
>>317891894
Just play Phantasy Star Portable 2 breh. Supposedly there's a way to get it to play online with other people in a lobby, and it combines the map spawns/party structure of PSO with the gameplay/abilities/weapons of PSU. I can't believe how fucking dumb Sega is for not banking on the series becoming a portable success, they could seriously take down Monster Hunter
>>
>>317891798
Would go to church with.
>>
Is this a game that's likely to sell out at a game store? I never pre-ordered or anything, and I plan on just going and picking it up on release day.
>>
>>317891798
Her face is just a touch too...melted? For my tastes.

I don't mean to be that guy, but taking a anime artstyle and translating it to 3D can be a real crapshot, and I think this chick got the short end of the stick.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 868x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 868x624
>>317892089
But that's not PSO
>>
Will your character be referred to as Cross or will it just be ''Him, She, You, They.'' For immersion I'd rather not be Cross. Still aight though.
>>
>>317892124
Everyone in the game did. The faces are all terrible. Some less so than others, but there aren't any characters that look good.
>>
>>317891980

Yep, anything you want.

I'm getting a wels named Ingram
>>
File: 1444936401638.png (7 KB, 191x190) Image search: [Google]
1444936401638.png
7 KB, 191x190
>>317892124
She's probably in the middle of trying to emote, which is already a bit hard given who the character designer is and how his work is unfathomably better in 2D than 3D. I doubt she always looks like that.
>>
>>317892124
shes in the middle of an expression. thats not her neutral face
>>
>>317892208
You're right. PSO is shit. It's very dated and aged poorly.
>>
>>317892114
I'm sure there'll be enough copies on release day, not too sure beyond that.
>>
>>317892114
Not necessarily, but it's possible Nintendo will short-stock it and/or some stores might only get enough to meet pre-orders.
>>
>>317892089
Fuck the online on that game was atrocious. All everyone did was sit and chat.
>>
>>317892245
Don't worry, they never reference to your character by name. It's always "you", "they" "new guy", etc.
>>
File: 2xeno.jpg (146 KB, 637x1788) Image search: [Google]
2xeno.jpg
146 KB, 637x1788
>>317892271

I still think this guy came out OK
>>
>>317892245
Depends. If youre a female, you'll sometimes be referred to as ma'am. Elma sometimes calls you Rook. But yes, most of the time it is "You".
>>
>>317892313
I might name Amdusias Thunder Thighs
>>
>>317892089
>>317892208
>>317892393
What about regular Phantasy Star? Are they fun? What's the best version of Phantasy Star 1?
>>
>>317892271
>>317892271
Yeah, I agree that all the faces look like shit. At least I'm glad that there's an in-canon explanation for it. Would have preferred if they actually looked good, but that's the next best thing.
>>
>>317879306
Shulk-Melia-Robutt master race
>>
So does the protagonist have any personality at all? Is he a total blank slate or does he respond to what's happening in the story.
>>
>>317892529
No shit, that's all people ever do in babby's first online. If you think that's bad, you should check out Clash of Clans for a laugh. Holy shit I regret not being that young and naive in an age where communication is so free

>>317892721
No
>>
File: aa3Sy.jpg (40 KB, 407x463) Image search: [Google]
aa3Sy.jpg
40 KB, 407x463
Does anybody have any gifs or videos of Duelist/Galactic Knight in action?
>>
>>317892818
Blank state, you get choices in some cutscenes to role-play, tough they're not voiced.
>>
>>317892818
the protag will not shut the fuck up in combat and will scream their battle arts all the time

it is awesome
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 511x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 511x559
>>317892393
Don't be a faggot faggot, PSO is timeless.
>>
Amazon scaring anyone else?
>>
how important is mp in this

can you do everything solo ?
>>
>>317892826
I was mad as shit dude. Every lobby was "Hey sup bro? We're just chilling and chatting" or "Hi how was your day?" The game was fun though. I'm mad we never got Nova since sega hates bringing PS games over.
>>
>>317893101
MP is pretty much optional but rewarding
you can do almost everything solo, potentially barring some of the squad missions unless you REALLY know what you're doing, I guess.
>>
>>317893001
When was the last time you loaded up PSO? Because if it was within the last 3 years, you'd be able to admit that it has aged poorly and its time has come to be laid out to pasture. Take off the glasses.
>>
>>317893101
MP is its own separate thing unrelated to SP. You pretty much have no choice BUT to beat the game solo.
>>
>>317892773
>>317892271
I wouldn't say that myself. For example, >>317890850 looks pretty good. Elma usually looks fine, to be honest, I think most people look fine. Guin looks a bit dopey, but I feel like that's intentional.
On the other hand, characters with the big irises like Lin almost always look weird to me, and some of the facial animation doesn't always look quite right, at least when characters are yelling. I see where you're coming from though, it's certainly far from the best 2d to 3d transition I've seen.
>>
File: xenoorder.png (32 KB, 940x287) Image search: [Google]
xenoorder.png
32 KB, 940x287
>>317893018
No worries here
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (16 KB, 611x160) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
16 KB, 611x160
>>317893018
I thought I'd get a release day arrival but guess not
>>
I heard Nagi uses Blossom Dance.

Does he actually recite the poem?
>>
>>317893264
I usually play once a week or so.

The only things about it that really need fixing are some wonky endgame stat scaling (mainly DEF and Elemental resists) and getting rid of damage canceling.
>>
>>317893664
Actually it's a variation, the move he uses is called
Blossom Boisterous Dance
>>
>>317893664
BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE
>>
>>317893596
I really hope it still makes it day-1. I always have Fridays off and I'm really looking forward to this game.
>>
>>317893664
BORN IN A WORLD OF SPACE
>>
>>317893596
I have Day one shipping, they better not let me down.
>>
>>317894314
AGAINST XENOS
>>
>>317890140
Worst girl
>>
>>317892245
I actually would like some sort of nickname.

Man. I don't mind the OC MC, but I would have rather had a specified main character.
>>
File: against the odds.png (456 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
against the odds.png
456 KB, 800x600
>>317894163
AGAINST THE ODDS
>>
>>317894451
I do too, but they're saying Monday at the moment. Nothing's definite until the final hour, though, I guess.
>>
>>317894661
WE CHOOSE TO MATE
>>
>>317894663
Muslim detected
>>
So what are the chances that Lao is the MC in the next game?
>>
>>317894817
im white m8
>>
>>317894672
I wish the name was just locked into Cross so they could say it in cutscenes, but you could change it for online. I also wish they voice acted the story options as well, I'd be cool if they cut down of voice actors for it.
The whole silent protagonists thing is getting a bit old. I love customization stuff, they just need to let go of old traditions and handle the whole thing a lot better.
>>
File: 2015060812.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015060812.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
>>317890140
Would go to church with and pray, and I don't give a fuck about religion.
>>
File: lone hero.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lone hero.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>317894825
30%
There's also a 15% chance that it's going to be the "lone hero", a 15% chance that it's Ayylma-o and a 40% chance we're going back to player-made mute nobody.
>>
>>317895069
well im not muslim
>>
THIS GODDAMN STUFF IS ALL AROUND ME
>>
>>317895121
Isn't the MC in this game a robot copy of the lone hero?
>>
>>317895121
What the fuck. That thing is literally anime tier with the movement and damage its doing.
>>
WATER

THE SOURCE OF ALL LIFE
>>
File: 1434946055572.png (25 KB, 174x179) Image search: [Google]
1434946055572.png
25 KB, 174x179
>you can only have 3 not-monado busters in your party at once because Monolith hates kitties
>>
File: 1429407693757.gif (1011 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1429407693757.gif
1011 KB, 720x480
So, I've never played Xenogears before. If I were to, say, download it and play it tomorrow or so, would I be able to finish it in the time it takes for XCX to come out?
>>
>>317895476
Only if you're a NEET.

I managed to beat Xenoblade in less than a week, so Gears us doable.
>>
>>317895476
Maybe if you emulate. Half the play time is watching text boxes populate.
>>
>>317895476
Yes please play it.

Its fairly straight forward with some sidequests. Just disc 2 is kinda lame but the game is still really good.
>>
>>317895575
>us
is
>>
>>317895476
I find that the combat system is really slow and tedious and the text goes by kinda slow, so I don't know if you can keep your attention long enough to just marathon it in a week. It's not really stupid long or anything though, so if you really want to try, go for it.
>>
>>317895476
You have 8 days, you could probably manage.
That dark elf was umph.
>>
>>317895446
BY MY FLESH AND WOUND BE HEALED!
Too bad both these moves were shit so you never really heard them much

At least we still had
STARLIGHT KICK! Ouch!
>>
File: I mirin.gif (688 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
I mirin.gif
688 KB, 480x270
>mfw I just saw a televisied commercial for XCX for the first time
Ayy, das it mane! Better late than never
>>
>>317896007
They actually started appearing like a week ago, but I did see one on Fox today.
>>
File: brain problems.png (14 KB, 558x389) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.png
14 KB, 558x389
>>317895906
Fuck. FLESH AND *BLOOD
>>
>>317895906
FEEL DARKNESS, BLACKER THAN MIDNIGHT
>>
>>317896398
STAR-SEARING FLAMES OF ABSOLUTION!
>>
>no one has summoned coffee yet
>>
>>317893596
>>317894451
>>317893578
>>317893018

Bestbuy.ca is giving me the special edition SAME DAY, NO EXTRA COST.

I can't believe I ever used Amazon.ca.

I'm gonna try to order exclusively from Bestbuy from now on.
>>
File: stancofflee.jpg (165 KB, 620x1010) Image search: [Google]
stancofflee.jpg
165 KB, 620x1010
>>317896796
God damn it Joey.
>>
>>317896701
REFLECTION, MANIFEST
>>
>>317885780
This.
Fucking casuals who can't into git gud
>>
>>317879081
How legit is Wal Mart about their pre-orders? Got the Special Edition off their website, but since it's still open, I wonder if they'll start cancelling them on release.

Also, sucks that they have no overnight shipping. Have to wait until the 9th, which is good since I have finals on the 7th and 8th, but I really wanted to play on release.
>>
File: 1385237749961.png (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1385237749961.png
168 KB, 400x400
>There are people who min-max their party in Xenoblade instead of just using their favorite characters
>There are people who won't use two characters of the same class in XCX even tough it's their favorite characters
>>
>>317897247
For people who are confused,

>madhouse spends ungodly amounts of money on multiple marvel anime
>literally no one gives a fuck
>thy sells like shit
>studios hear that these are coming out
>they make obvious copycats, especially the x-men rip-offs
>when the sales come out on the marvel anime, there's nothing they can do, too late to abort the projects
>they sell like shit, too
>>
>>317897830
>tfw I just use everyone because I like everyone
>>
File: 1447958282889.jpg (3 KB, 91x125) Image search: [Google]
1447958282889.jpg
3 KB, 91x125
>>317897830
>using two Psycorruptors
>>
>>317879306
Might be late but get rid of Sharla. You really don't need a dedicated healer.
>>
File: 1446259825582.gif (494 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1446259825582.gif
494 KB, 500x324
>>317897830
>not optimizing your party
>>
>>317888284
Enjoy loosing out on all those extra arts.
>>
File: 1431384385684.png (1 MB, 840x469) Image search: [Google]
1431384385684.png
1 MB, 840x469
>>317897830
>tfw I just use who I like the most
>tfw I'm never using anyone besides Elma and Church-fu
>>
>>317897405
MONADOPURGE
>>
File: 1447005581224.jpg (28 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
1447005581224.jpg
28 KB, 469x480
>>317898239
>Having to min-max in a piss-easy game like Xenoblade
>>
>>317889701
>Father is kill
>Brother is turned into a Telethia and then kill
>Was keked by a Robo-zombie
Maybe that's the reason why she get so many love and fanart.

>mfw almost no r34 neither fanart of Sharla
I just want more drawings of my big brown tittied latina-looking waifu
>>
>>317898343
who'll be the 4th?
>>
>>317898342
I'm sure there are ways to get affinity other than using characters in your party, right?
>>
>>317898410
I was mostly talking about how Shulk NTRs her
>>
File: 1438385386054.jpg (116 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1438385386054.jpg
116 KB, 1024x576
>>317898385
>not having to min-max in a piss-easy game like Xenoblade
>>
File: 1448490734086.jpg (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1448490734086.jpg
26 KB, 200x200
>>317898410
>Tfw no art of Sharla getting double-teamed by Reyn and Gadolt as Juju looks
>>
File: 1439104656197.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1439104656197.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>took a Jap 680+ hours to 100% the map
>the Monado is in the game but rare as shit
>supposedly Shulk and Fiora are in it somewhere as an easter egg
>>
File: 1403804599467.jpg (69 KB, 335x400) Image search: [Google]
1403804599467.jpg
69 KB, 335x400
>>317889701
>that scene where she's trying to speak out to Shulk, and he just walks by with Robutt

Fucking director knew what he did. Why does he hate her so?
>>
>>317898239
>Optimizing
Perfectly fitting for somebody with a girl's name.
>>
>>317898540
>you have to track HB down to force-feed him gay porn mags or whatever it is he really likes
>>
>>317898513
The other cocoa cutie. I will surround myself in women.

And then probably learn my team is shit and struggle the entire game.
>>
>>317886032
I burned out on hype back when the Japanese version released. I took in the spoilers, dropped out of the threads, and now am back in full hype mode.
>>
>>317898679
Shulk and Fiora are voice options for the male and female MCs, they aren't actually in the game

There is no Monado, but there are skills that are pretty much Monado arts.
>>
>>317898635
>not Dunban, Reyn, and Shulk
>NOW'S PERFECT FOR A CHAIN ATTACK
>BACK SLASH
>WILD DOWN
>ELECTRIC GUTBUSTER
>STREAM EDGE, REYN YOUR TURN
>I KNOW I KNOW, WAR SWING
imagine
>>
File: 1372981242932.png (15 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1372981242932.png
15 KB, 700x800
>>317898725
>Shulk, you can...
>>
>>317898008
The fuck does that have to do with coffee, let alone this game?
>>
>>317898767
I knew I wanted him in my party for some reason
>>
>>317898725
She got keked because nothing can compare to the TWP.

Man. I feel like I should commision a piece on this.
>>
File: this will trigger meliafags.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this will trigger meliafags.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>317898725
>>317898937
>>
>>317898771
Are you me? I'm planning on using Elma, Alexa and making my character a cute brown girl too. Unfortunately there's no other brown girl to fill the last slot, but Church girl looks too cute, she'll be our Poor Little White Girl.
>>
File: fat kid.gif (2 MB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
fat kid.gif
2 MB, 352x240
>that battle trailer
Holy shit I'm hyped. Who /samuraigunner/ here?
>>
>>317898771
I'm going to have Lin in my party for Tatsu. No playable Nopon is the worst.
>>
File: 1403814990384.jpg (392 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1403814990384.jpg
392 KB, 1024x768
>>317899173
>>
File: 1408212681750.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1408212681750.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>317899173
>tfw you can relate to Melia
>>
File: 1399442012908.png (148 KB, 434x380) Image search: [Google]
1399442012908.png
148 KB, 434x380
>120 hours into Xenoblade
>Wii died, lost my savefile
>Never had the will to do it all over again
>>
File: NotMonado.jpg (73 KB, 696x394) Image search: [Google]
NotMonado.jpg
73 KB, 696x394
>>317898916
Well, plot wise there's no Monado, but they do have a weapon that looks suspiciously like the True Monado and a Buster-looking attack.
Sorry for shit youtube screencap quality I know someone has a better picture of it.
>>
>>317899267
Where is this trailer? They all seem very samey and I can never tell them apart.
>>
>>317899173
I swear, Takahashi must have been in some bad mood that day and just thought to take it out on her.
>>
File: rock.jpg (48 KB, 847x466) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
48 KB, 847x466
ROCK IS CUTE
CUTE
>>
File: galacta knight.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
galacta knight.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>317899267
>Not being a Galacta Knight
>>
File: 1426020685915.jpg (188 KB, 480x583) Image search: [Google]
1426020685915.jpg
188 KB, 480x583
>>317899317
It's all right, Anon. Let Potato heal your wounds.
>>
>>317899267
Samurai Gunner has been my chosen class for a while, but these new gifs and webms of other classes keep shaking my faith. I think I'm still going for it first though.
>>
I was extremely hyped for this when it was announced but as time passed my hype has gone down. The fact that it's been out for nearly 8 months already in Japan isn't helping any.

I absolutely loved XC so I'll probably still pick it up. Haven't played a game on my Wii U since February and want a reason to turn it on.
>>
>>317899456
Pretty sure he's referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOm842H-rac
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.