[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this actually suck besides the inevitable EA bullshit? Everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
Does this actually suck besides the inevitable EA bullshit?
Everyone treated the beta fine so what could have possibly went wrong?
>>
It's pretty good but it lacks maps, it has a good variety of game modes though.
And the game will get boring when people start unlocking the OP weapons and cards, then it'll literally be explosive spam everywhere.
Beta was fine since noone had the later unlocks
>>
>>317711176
It's actually pretty fun. We just can't tall about it here because EA.
>>
I played the beta, and loved it. But, I can't justify spending full price on a multiplayer only game, ya know? Even Counter-Strike wasn't a full priced release.
>>
Biggest problem is the lack of content for a full price game (destiny syndrome). Once all the expansions are out it should be fantastic because what IS there is extremely polished and fun.

Nobody here can afford a $60 game which is why you hear so many anons crying about it.
>>
>>317713795
spending vs. wasting
>>
>>317711176
Go away EA marketer. No one cares about your game.
>>
>>317714079
Eh. Not a waste for me, but I didn't pay anywhere near full price either.
>>
>>317714167
This is why we can't have nice threads about AAA games right here
>>
I bought day1 and I love it.

At the same time, I understand where all the criticism comes from, and I also understand those disappointed. Nevertheless, I still think the game is really good.
>>
>>317711176
Fun casual game, immersive Star Wars feel.
Not a lot of content feels like they cut content and put it into the season pass
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

No roll, no buy (because of shallow gunplay).
>>
>>317714439
There is a rolling feature in the game, but it's pretty piss poor, you roll 10cms
>>
Anyone who says its really good is either lying or a casual

The graphics and sound are great, and the core shooting amd moving is fine, but there's terrible balance, shitty spawns and map design, no content, no servers or team switching or actual matchmaking, recycled maps and customization, three heroes per side, and just not enough players. There's only one game mode that isn't kill/stand here/press E

The game rides on the graphics while the gameplay is just passable enough that people don't complain. The game costs 110 dollars because if you want content you need to buy the season pass.
>>
>>317714439
How is stamina any better than cooldowns per item? And dodge rolling in full armor/combat gear is fucking retarded.
>>
Honestly, the game is a few steps away from being as much fun as BF2, although it'll probably never top BF2.

The biggest offenders are there it lacks maps, heroes, certain modes and some balance between the weapons. Also the token system fucking sucks and not being able to pilot the AT-AT anywhere is really disappointing.
>>
Audio/visual aesthetics are top notch, game play has potential to be just as great but is noticeably hindered by the broken ass unlockable weapons from higher ranks. You'll HAVE to pick out of the few OP weapons to stay relevant in a lot of matches.

Also fighter squadron is pretty sweet but rebels win 80% of the time because rebels having superior star fighters is just muhlore
>>
>Everyone treated the beta fine
Fuck no they didn't. Even normalfags realized something was horribly wrong when Imperials won 4/5 matches and could spawncamp with ease. Long time fans of both Battlefront and Battlefield ripped it apart. Surprise surprise, the full game was the same arcadey mess with barely more content and a double dipping pricing scheme.
>>
>>317711176
/v/ don't get that this isn't Battlefront 3, they didn't get the memo so they shit on it for not being something it doesn't even try to be.
/v/ can't accept something can have redeeming qualities: if it's not what they expected, it's shit.
>>
If you played the beta you played all the game has to offer
>>
>>317714439
nice pasta
>>
If causual-izing the game makes it so little kids can pick it up amd have a blast, then I'm honestly okay with that.

Watching my little brother have so much fun playing this game when he came over my apartment to visit felt really good to see, amd reminded me that these games are meant to be fun, and inclusive to a wide audience.

Quit being a bunch of bitter, manchildren who hate everything
>>
>>317714983
Shut the fuck up normalfag. Kids can enjoy just about every kind of game regardless of how difficult it is.

Not every game (especially shooters) need to dumb themselves down enough for an 8 year old to pick it up with ease.
>>
>>317714886
Imperials now dont win any matches, especially endor.

>>317714752
You can win pretty easy as imperial in fighter squad... it is down to some luck though. The teams boba has to carry the match because fuck all else can take out a-wings currently.
>>
>>317714983
honestly i think that has more to do with how much of a time crunch was involved in making the game. it HAD to come out before the new movie no matter what, no delays like any other project. i think the shallowness is more a result of that than any real desire to make the game braindead. i think they're capable of creating depth but still adding roadblocks like skill based matchmaking (which this game has, funny enough) to keep the casuals from being stomped.
>>
>>317714693

>dodge-rolling in full armor/combat gear is fucking retarded

These games aren't realistic in the least you faglord. Being able to dodgeroll is fine, especially when said armor doesn't actually constitute any attribute to you, you're still just as easy to kill.
>>
>>317711176
before the game came out i was on /g/ and they helped me build a gaming pc just for this release.

im having fun on the mp. im on a pc so there's the inevitable hack every so often but otherwise it's fun. god it's gorgeous.
only four maps but there differences in mp missions makes up for it.
>>
>>317711176
even vice said it sucked
>>
Roomate and I bought it, thinking that you could play split-screen online multiplayer, but you can't, and that really blows. Other than that, it's fun. I wish the matches were longer and that there were more maps and heros to pick from.
>>
>>317711176
The gun fighting is just kinda lame, there simply isn't enough to it, doesn't feel challenging or skill based, which would be okay if it wasn't multiplayer only where skill based challenge is basically the whole deal. It looks and sounds great, runs well and is not exciting in the least
>>
>>317715767
this is really my biggest gripe, everything is just dice rolls. every game is a one-sided stomp, whether i'm stomping or being stomped. very little in the game feels like it's skill based, skill only gets you so far in this game.
>>
File: 1424462081300.png (557 KB, 984x923) Image search: [Google]
1424462081300.png
557 KB, 984x923
>There is an actual Sheev spin in this game
>>
>>317715473
So they spent all their time and resources marketing instead of making the game fun? You're going to give them a pass for that?
>>
>>317715496
But this game IS suppose to be realistic to star wars faggot
>>
Once they add maps and Darth Maul it will be amazing, $120 is not too much to ask for a game, N64 games were $74.99 and in Japan video games are $80-$100 for a standard edition
>>
>>317715931
no retard, Disney wanted EA to make a big Star Wars title before the new movie hits. whatever that project was, it HAD to come out before the movie did. no question. Battlefront was that project, and so it had to come out before the movie did even if it wasn't finished which it plainly wasn't.

i'm not giving anyone a pass for anything, i'm explaining to you what the development of the game was like.
>>
>>317711176
You know, I would buy it if it had more content. Currently you simply cannot justify the shit that is in for €60. No one can defend this.
>>
im running a 8320 (4Ghz) 8GB and a hd7950 what should i upgrade for this game?
>>
>>317711176
The main modes including dogfighting and the hoth battle are hot garbage

Heroes VS Villains and Hero Hunt are fun but not 60 dollars fun.
>>
>>317715916
While they need to work on some kind of team balancing matchmaking for sure, very little of this game is dice rolls. The only random element are pickups, but wether you draw a dud or an airstrike isn't going to make or break a game. A good player will go 60 and 2 and can carry a match, and a shit player will go 2 for 30 and just be a shitter. If it was really all luck there wouldn't be a discrency like that.
>>
>>317716139
And a multi billion dollar corporation like EA can't deliver a quality product in a timely matter? That is a fundamental problem owing to the incompetence of the devs, nothing else, no excuses retard
>>
>>317716318
Won't need to upgrade either. I'd wait a year+ and then nab a gpu.
>>
>Everyone treated the beta fine so what could have possibly went wrong?
because it was free you faggot shill
free=/=no content
200€=empty game
>>
>>317716471
jesus christ what do they teach you kids in school, you can't even fucking read
>>
I would have been completely fine if it was just Battlefield with Star Wars skins, but they decided to use the outdated Battlefront mechanics.

Battlefront was never really that good anyways, Battlefield actually manages to have good FPS/shooter mechanics.
>>
It's pretty unbalanced. Rebels usually win every game of walker assault no matter what the map is. I have about 35 games played on walker assault and I have seen the empire win at best 5 times.
>>
>>317716610
What's your point? You're excusing them based on a time constraint and I'm saying that's not an excuse, especially since they are charging for the content they didn't have time to finish. Et tu retard
>>
>>317716630
Nobody knows how the fuck to play it. I've had matches were I sat gaurding an uplink and went conpletely unchallenged. That and having to use the uplink rather than just be near it isn't really explained anywhere and is an odd design choice. I think I was 10 or 15 matches in before I caught on. Endor is fucked no matter what though.
>>
>>317711176
They did a 10 demo of the full game for xbone users before release and it convinced a lot of people on how shitty it was.
>>
>>317717265
>you're excusing them
no???? i never did that you autistic faggot

all i'm doing is explaining the constraints DICE was under when making the game, explaining the poor quality

get some reading comprehension, your underage is showing
>>
I liked the beta because of how authentic to Star Wars it felt. I refunded the actual game after two hours though because the beta was all the content in the game. It didn't matter which game mode I hopped in it all just felt the same.
>>
>>317712295
agreed. im rank 14 or so right now and im just about at the point where there are almost too many jet-packs, personal shields and the t-21 gun that people use to snipe you from half way across the map on top of a mountian.

still though its fucking fun, its a good way to kill time without being emotionally invested. i feel like its a little more fun than mw2 was to me, unlocks arent as necessary
>>
I didn't much like the gunplay in the beta.
I'll give the full game a whilrl IF Origin even does Free Weekends.
Does anyone know if that has ever happened?
>>
>>317711176
Lots of fun. You won't get any discussion here though because the hivemind hates popular games and franchises like this and Call of Duty.
>>
>>317717646
They do still do that. Or have in the past.
>>
>>317714362
Agreed. People here are just set in their ways. They want to play the same exact game with new graphics, which is why they play games like CSGO, which are just that. Perhaps the issue is that the game uses the Battlefront name and that brings forth certain expectations.
>>
>>317717276
One of the biggest issues is that there is no in game chat. You literally can't communicate with your team in a team based game unless you're in a party. Dice made some questionable design choices with the game but at least my 2 year old niece is enjoying it.
>>
>>317717925
There's in game text chat on pc. Theres nothing similar for consoles? I always mute public mikes anyways because retards dont use push to to talk or just talk loads of shit
>>
>>317717883
the issue is that the game has no content that justifies 60€ you fucking shill
>>
>>317718130
Ive got over 20 hours playing every game type with friends and dont plan on stopping. Theres plenty of content.

Game is much better when youre playing with a party of people you know though.
>>
>>317718091
Nah ps4 doesn't have one unless it's hidden somewhere. It's beyond frustrating when my buddy and I are playing the objective and no one else is helping out and holding the uplinks and you can't tell them to come help out cause no chat. I now just stick to modes where you don't need team communication to win.
>>
>>317718130
>>317718456
I'm at 25 hrs with no friends and also don't plan on stopping for awhile I still haven't even touched any modes besides the big 3.
>>
>>317718130
Who paid 60 for it? I paid $45.

There is plenty of content, as much as other AAA MP games, in fact.

Battlefront launch maps: 13
Black Ops 3 launch maps including Nuketown pre order bonus: 13

What's the real issue here?
>>
>>317711176
Slow Titanfall with heroes and star wars vehicles instead of mechs.
>>
>>317718701
Battlefront is nothing like Titanfall
>>
>>317718698
Now count the amount of weapons and heroes, faggot.

Also star battles.

All they had to do was make a Star Wars mod for Battlefield 4.
>>
>>317718593
i think im at like 10 hours, i mostly play supremacy, and to be honest i have no fucking clue how that shit works. i just try to kill dudes, its more fun than the smaller team slayer game cuz the maps are bigger

i think ive played supremacy, walker assault 2 times, and the team slayer one. shits fun.
>>
>>317718698
>single palyer
>zombies
>lots and lots of different multiplayer modes
>lots weapons and perks

Say what you will about Cod but they usually come with a lot of content.
>>
>>317718782
This one is.
>>
I don't get why the tokens are fixed

They really should be random

People have already started camping them like when everyone would just sit and wait for the chopper to spawn in BF2

This is beyond stupid
>>
>>317719003
camping them, the areas they spawn, sitting over them with pulse cannons to snipe anyone going for them, etc.

also fuck all the cs kids camping long ways with pulse cannons. this isn't fucking cs:go you mongloids
>>
I think it's fun. My friend has some gripes that I can and can't see though. He's mad about lack of modes but when we play COD he only ever wants to do TDM. Nothing else. At all. In this I feel like it depends on the playstyle of the person in question. For some they will be more than content with what there is and for others it's just not enough.

He also complains about no gun customization which I agree with completely. Lack of guns and no customization for what we do have. I don't care about stuff like gun camo but I would like the option to add things like sights, grips, etc.

Also no star battles in Star Wars. This needs to explanation.
>DO U RLY NEED TO DO THE DEATH STAR AGAIN????
Did anyone really NEED to do Hoth again? No but it's an extremely important part of Star Wars lore, the lore that EA and DICE say they're trying so hard to uphold.
>>
Is the PC version a pile of shit?
>>
>>317719003
I don't get why people would camp for any of them other than hero ships in fighter squadron. Even being a hero isn't that much more useful in the larger maps.
>>
>>317718869
Supremacy is like a moving team king of the hill. So your team conquers one point and then tries to conquer the next but if the point you just conquered gets taken by the enemy then you have to take it back again beforr you can get the next one.

I actually dont think a lot of people know how to play that mode because Ive taken every point in a row with just my partner multiple times
>>
>>317719124
I personally think the game modes are the better part of this game.
I tend to do those challenges for the bonus rewards and they "force" me to do various game modes and there are a lot of them.

BF4 gun customization would have been nice
>>
>>317719312
i understand that but i just dont understand how the timer works. if the timer runs out then whoever has the most points wins? and if another point is taken before the timer runs out is it reset?

how long until a game ends in a draw? ive never been in a game thats had a draw, most often its about a 20min game or so wiht the most kills being around 60 , but sometimes ive had as short as 5 mins where the guy with the most kills has only 13 or so.
>>
>>317719124
Im thinking death star battle will be dlc which s definitely worth it to me. I think theyll do death star and cloud city but anything else is a tossup. Coruscant would be great.
>>
>>317719528
The timer gets reset everytime a point is taken im pretty sure so the game cant end in a draw. If theyres a point being taken and the game ends whoever as the most points on the score thing on top is the team who wins.
>>
>>317718548
there is no in-game voice chat for all platforms, no squeakers
>>
>>317719528
You capture points
When you capture one, you have to capture the next one
If you capture them all you win
Whoever holds the furthest point wins

I don't know why you think the timer or points are important
>>
>>317711176
It's fun and looks fucking amazing, though it does lack maps. Still, pretty much all my wife and I have done since launch day is come home from work and take turns playing and leveling both of our accounts. If nothing else, it captures the "you are in Star Wars" feel 110%.

If you have a huge boner for SW, I'd say buy it sooner than later. If you don't care about SW and just want a shooter, I'd play something else then pick this up when it's $30 or so.
>>
File: hjrdd7t.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hjrdd7t.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
pretty tho
>>
>>317720039
I never checked but I doubt it adds any more time to the match. Theres 5 points so after the first one is captured, and it always will be, the game can't end in a draw.
>>
>>317714439

that dodge rolling looks shit.

jesus, just play battlefront II you sperg, and stop shitting up new battlefront threads.

I'm enjoying the game, and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>317711176
It has no maps unless you want to pay $100 and wait a year

That is enough to kip any multiplayer game, even if most people want to just play 24/7 my favorite map servers a game can't survive with so few choices at launch
>>
>>317720190
Thats one tasteless bastard that shat out that mod
>>
File: 0HflGRS.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0HflGRS.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>317720190
>>
File: 1438879553596.jpg (116 KB, 871x635) Image search: [Google]
1438879553596.jpg
116 KB, 871x635
i wasn't expecting anything great from this game
but the graphics really blew me away
i just wish the gameplay was a little more interesting
>>
>>317720297
dodge rolling is pretty much the meta for bf2 and ruined the game

all it's about now is spamming dodge rolls and potshotting someone while they're locked in their recovery frames. usually using explosives, which is all people use. they just spam those.
>>
>>317711176
The game is great, they've changed alot since the beta.
>>
>>317720369
> no maps
This meme needs to die. By next week it will have jakkar as well, so 14 maps in 10 or so mp modes? The only thing the game could have used was a better sp, but I'll personally survive without it.
>>
>>317720554
such as?
>>
File: iXTADSu.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
iXTADSu.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
any webms of what it looks like in motion, with the mod?
>>
>>317713579
Does a shitty 6 hour campaign really hold that much weight for you? The vast majority of your time is going to be spent playing the multiplayer.
>>
>>317713579
>caring about a campaign

The BF2 campaign wasn't even that good. Plus, I don't see anyone complaining about the fact the original BF didn't have a campaign.
>>
>>317721558
But anon, didn't you know that it's okay when LucasArts does it?
>>
>>317719196
PC version can scale down to run on toasters. An i3/270x is enough to run medium setting
>>
File: 2969996-nodice.jpg (58 KB, 593x694) Image search: [Google]
2969996-nodice.jpg
58 KB, 593x694
>>
>>317721704

BF2142, TF2, DoD, Quake 3 Arena, etc are all excellent examples of FPS without some half assed single player campaign. Of all the problems with Battlefront, a single player mode isn't one of them.
>>
So glad I rented it. I went in there knowing full well it had some problems, but even with low expectations I was dissapointed. I'm not gonna be a parrot and just repeat what the majority say, but here we go...

There is no skill to this game. Like, at all. Yeah, if you're a higher level than other people then you're gonna get an advantage, but even against these opponents anyone with any sort of intelliegence when playing games like these is going to come out on top. I top scored with over 50 points on my first match on Tatooiene Walker Assault, just by not running in like a dumb fuck and being smart. Really, I defended one of the points from the Rebels without problem because I was smart enough to have the high ground. It really was like watching a bunch of lemmings. It's easy. It's not like in Battlefront 2, or Battlefield for that matter, where you can have specific roles in the battle.

No engineers to repair turrets or vehicles. You have no roles. You're just blaster fodder. And everyone is too retarded to save the Orbital Strikes for when the AT-ATs shields are fucking down, would rather waste them on getting the single fuck behind the rocks when one grenade could do the job. Game is shit.
>>
I enjoy it but its like a 7.5/10

It could be so much better and if youre not a star wars fan you prob wont be able to sustain your attention.
>>
>>317721964
>>317721558
>>317721282
A lot of complaints about the game are directly comparing it to the previous games and seeing that it's just fucking empty
Maybe BF2 isn't a 10/10 game, but it had a campaign with an interesting story, galactic conquest, bot matches, space battles, classes and more maps, and a bigger player count.
>>
>>317722261
BF2 had the benefit of reusing a shitload of assets from BF1, right down to maps and models. It was also made in a time when devs could shit out a level with a few hours work once the assets were in place. I'd place good money on the amount of coding hours used just on endor being near even to the time it took for all the levels in BF2.
>>
>>317722261

there is bot matches in new bf, and BF2's campaign was just bot matches with a few cutscenes.
>>
>>317721989
7.5 nowadays is 4.5 20 years ago
even if it could keep the graphics
>>
>>317723285
> even if it could keep the graphics
Let's not get carried away now. If this game had come out even 5 years ago people would be giving it 10s.
>>
>>317723091
Battlefront has the benefit of being made by EA in 2015 and having a fucking massive budget that is many, many times the size of what he BF2 team had to work with. Tens of millions were spent on the game and as much or more on marketing for the game.

Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>317723151
>there is bot matches
Please direct me to where I can play walker assault with bots
>>
i've made up my mind to buy the standard game, i hope im making a good move /v/. i really loved the beta so the full game hsould give me lots of hours.
>>
>>317723786
You can't just wizard more money into a budget. Of the millions the game cost, more than half is being eaten up by mandatory marketing and what was surely an outrageous licensing cost. The rest was used to hire aas many code monkeys as thry could for the 2 years they had to turn this game out, and it absolutely did turn out better than the original battlefront that couldnt scavenge most of it's assests and level creator from a previous entry.
>>
>>317712295
This,

Don't expect something like CoD or Battlefield if you are looking for a "serious shooter" but I'm enjoying it

It's a fun little star wars game
>>
>>317723151
The bot matches in the new one also has cutscenes.
>>
>>317724302
Buy it from origin mexico, or wait for black friday sales if on console.
>>
I might just bite the bullet and buy it. I'm only hesitant because of all the negative reviews, and I kind of already made the mistake of buying Fallout 4 and playing it for 19 hours so I couldn't get a refund.

Worst thing that could happen is it'll be like Vermintide where it's a game I enjoy for awhile before losing interest, at least there's more replay-ability with Battlefront in comparison but I don't want to be stuck with a full price game that ends up dead later.
>>
Main problem is the same, old 30 tick netcode.
>>
>>317716471
throwing money and resources and stuff doesn't guarantee quality, anon. time does.
>>
>>317724302
>>317724514
This.
>Get VPN
>Log into Mexican Origin store
>Put game into cart
>Go to checkout
>BEFORE it takes you to the actual payment processing, disable VPN and pay

>mfw they nerfed Empire into the ground for Walker Assault
>>
>>317724840

I dont think that webm has to do with netcode, thats a bug where sometimes people are invincible. It was supposedly in Battlefield 3 and 4 also.

Unless webm was unrelated to the complaint. Then nvm.
>>
>>317725032
Unrelated, but the game has a lot of getting shot behind cover and meleeing/shooting each other to death at the same time.
>>
>>317724960
I know, it's bullshit. I just want to crush rebel scum EA. is that too much to ask?
>>
>>317723786
Yikes, we've got another youngin' who has no education on the subject matter.

Tell me something, do you think it costs less, the same, or more to develop the art/visuals, animations, models/actors and sounds for the Frostbite engine in 2015 compared to the Zero engine in 2004?
>>
>>317724840
That webm has nothing at all to do with the tickrate. At worst it's latency/lag, but it's most likely that invincibility bug.
>>
>>317724960
>nerfed Empire into the ground for Walker Assault

I wish companies stopped listening to player feedback. The endless tears you see on forums ruins everything.
>>
>>317724960
does this make the game free? and i dont want to use orgin mexico because i dont want it to be all in spanish
>>
>>317725304
Did they actually get nerfed? The beta lacked lots of key star cards on the rebel side (they were in alpha and it was balanced).
>>
>>317725153
I think that sacrificing the gameplay for looking pretty was stupid, but I guess it makes casual fans happy.

No space battles is lame though. I liked boarding and killing dudes inside their own ships.
>>
File: battlefront-origin.png (110 KB, 570x1263) Image search: [Google]
battlefront-origin.png
110 KB, 570x1263
>>317725310
>>
>>317720157
>take turns playing
>no split screen multiplayer
I mean, do you people even understand what the problem is here? Why a whole generation of people loved the old Battlefront?
>>
>>317725297
>no server browser or latency indicator on PC
We will never know.
>>
>>317725391

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-beta-feedback-and-game-adjustments

Walkers should be mighty - but not invincible - so weak spots have been added to the AT-AT and AT-ST vehicles. Furthermore, damage balancing is vital for a fair game, and we’ve tweaked this balance for how vehicles, troopers, Star Cards, and ion weapons stand up against each other.
>>
>>317725528
Well, you DO get a bad/very bad connection warning if your connection to the server is REALLY shitting itself.
Happens to me way too frequently, when I never had that problem in the beta.
>>
>>317725409
What's wrong with the gameplay? If you're talking about content, that's a business move, they'll sell you more later.
>>
File: Splatoon_Cover_Art.png (3 MB, 1000x1273) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon_Cover_Art.png
3 MB, 1000x1273
>>317713579
>But, I can't justify spending full price on a multiplayer only game, ya know?
>>
>>317725425
i dont get it u still have to pay tho......
>>
>>317723091
Then maybe they should've had their fucking priorities in order?
>>
>>317725701
The random item drops turn the game into Mario Kart. You can win any game of walker assault as rebel by just hoarding an orbital strike.
>>
>>317725749
Hey, Splatoon had a SP campaign.
>>
>>317725529
What are the AT-ST weak spots anyways? As far as I can tell they're just blaster proof now
>>
>>317725749

Does splatoon have a season pass too though? Not that guy but im fine with paying full price for a multiplayer only game... but not if I got shell out more sheckels for the "Full" experience.
>>
>>317725860
in the butt
>>
>>317714439
Didn't the dark trooper from the empire in battle front have the same type of jetpack that the remake has, or am I just thinking of battlefront 1?
>>
>>317725749
>SP Campaign
>free content updates
>>
>>317725749
Has a single-player campaign and local 1v1 mode, didn't have a $50+ season pass. It's also $25 on friday.
>>
>>317711176
Battlefront II Release:
>33 maps
>Space battles
>16 planets
>64 players
>Moddable
>Campaign
>Calactic Conquest
>Infantry Types
>Vehicles: 37 types
>A.I. Players
>Eras: Clone Wars/ Empire
Battlefront 2015 Release:
>40 players
>9 maps
>7 game modes
>Loadouts/ 2heroes
>Shit bots
>Not moddable
>No Campaign
>50$ Season Pass
If you bought Battlefront you are driving the cancer in the industry that is known as EA and deserve to be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=2WeX41WfOsY

just gonna leave this here
>>
>>317712295
>>317712668
>>317713579
>>317713795

These all sound like shill posts.
>>
>>317726095
>cancer in the industry

Bro im sorry to tell you but the industry has gone past the point of no return like 7 or more years ago.
>>
I wonder why they went with less players.
I mean BF2 added in an XL mode mode for PC because it was cool. Even a lot of the advertising shows huge battles that the game doesn't do
>>
I played the Beta for 2 rounds because it kept crashing on my graphics card
It felt so... Flaccid I think is the right word

They've done nothing but make me less and less interested in the game from the day it was announced
>>
>>317726617

My guess is your average player finds it too spammy.

When I play on 64 player battlefield or Red Orchestra 2 servers my online buddies cry about constantly dying all the time.

In this game with 40 players many people still end up constantly dying. Increasing it to 64 would cause more butthurt. Imo that the reason. Also possibly has to do with lessening network issues that plagued BF4.
>>
File: Blaster Dance of Death.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Blaster Dance of Death.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>317711176
It has a great gameplay but like TitanFail, it lacks content to make us go back and play it again and again...
>>
>>317726246
Not only does that not look very good, being 8 years old and all, it's not like we were ever going to get it anyways, and thats on LA not EA. Thing got shitcanned in '08.
>>
>>317726841
How does the matchmaking work in that. It seems like you would end up with manchildren just shitstomping kids in every match.
>>
>>
>>317711176
It's trash. Every weapon is essentially a sniper rifle on wide open maps with barely any cover. No room to outplay opponents or strategy, if you're seen first you die no matter what.
>>
>>317727208
Once you've played a bit you unlock ranked, which matches you up based on your skill.
>>
>>317727208
You always get a shit team and the other team is stacked
its just like every other online game
>>
>>317727320
All the maps have loads of cover though.
>>
File: Hydra Splatling.webm (3 MB, 834x318) Image search: [Google]
Hydra Splatling.webm
3 MB, 834x318
>>317727208
There's a ranking system for certain modes. From C-, C+ all the way to S and S+. But even in non-ranked modes I think they still match you up with similarly ranked players based on my experience.
>>
>>317727501
I played the beta, both maps had very little cover. Not to mention that Hoth was completely imbalanced in favor of the empire.
>>
The lack of skill required really bothers me. Like this is a problem in almost every "competitive" multiplayer game but Battlefront is among the worst about it. People can just get free kills almost randomly. At least in Call of Duty you need to not die for a minute or two to get some bullshit killstreak reward.

The absolutely fucking retarded playerbase doesn't help either. I don't understand how in a 40 on 40 game mode I'm still literally the only person going for objectives. I was playing the conquest mode (or whatever gay name they give it in Battlefront) and capped and defended a point solo for like 4 minutes. I'd occasionally get some dumbass from the other team running up to me to die while the other 39 people on each side did fuck knows what.
>>
>>317720548
>dodge rolling is pretty much the meta for Gears

>all it's about now is spamming dodge rolls and potshotting someone while they're locked in their recovery frames

Sounds pretty reductive. A roll is something beyond just standing around at potshotting them while they're trying to outstrafe you. It's the same shit, except rolling is deeper.
>>
File: 19-7.jpg (71 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
19-7.jpg
71 KB, 700x394
>mfw didn't fall for the shill hype
Enjoy your 4 maps.
>>
It's not too bad. Get it when it drops drastically in price. I bought it because I wanted a shooting game I could play on and off so it suits me that way plus it's Star Wars.
>>
>>317727707
>Spawn in during an orbital strike
>Spawn in front of an AT-ST
>Spawn where you just died and get killed by the same player again
>>
File: Kekan.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kekan.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>317727802

I rented it. It has more than enough fanwank material in it that it's worth the $4-6

I'm mostly disappointed in how I don't like the game more. It has everything going for it but they chose to make something shit instead of something good.
>>
>>317727843
did the knockback really keep it from moving?
wow
>>
>>317727831

The respawn system is pretty bad but I don't think it's worse than any other shooter where you don't have a set spawn point. I'd even argue that Black Ops' is still worse because the maps are full of neck high cover and this dumb symmetry that causes the teams to constantly circle around the map shooting each other in the back whereas at least in Battlefront you're always on opposing sides except in Drop Pod
>>
File: Kind of Clutch Rampage.webm (3 MB, 576x360) Image search: [Google]
Kind of Clutch Rampage.webm
3 MB, 576x360
>>317728024
Yea. Not sure if that webm is from before or after the nerf. They're easier to push around post-nerf.
>>
>muliplayer game only
>expensive
>DLC-divided community
>40 players max
They literally could have make a Battlefield skin pack and it would be a better game already
>>
>>317727686
Hoth has plenty of cover beyond the one plains area, and even it has trenches. Tatooine has loads of cover to the point fights end up being nade tossing contests around the central point because you pretty much can't get a team of randoms through the chokepoints. Endor is fuckin all cover all the time, and sulust is basically hoth 2.0, with cover everywhere but the central plain.
>>
>>317728217

It's not multiplayer only and it's not expensive. Also it doesn't play anything like Battlefield, the fact that it's Star Wars is one of it's only redeeming values so making a generic military "skin pack" would make it significantly worse.
>>
>>317728217
People said "it'll just be a BF4 clone"
I wish they were right
>>
>>317728421
>it doesn't play anything like Battlefield
Yeah, I've got my hands on it at Gamescom
Hence this conclusion :
>They literally could have make a Battlefield skin pack and it would be a better game already
>>
File: Kraken versus Zap.webm (2 MB, 1134x634) Image search: [Google]
Kraken versus Zap.webm
2 MB, 1134x634
>>
Has it has been said over and over the only thing wrong with the game is the bullshit season pass, it feels like a glorified demo without all the missing content.
>>
how do I git gud on the Hoth map on Blast mode? I always get my ass handed to me.
>>
>>317728421
I think you misunderstood, Anon.

BATTLEFIELD reskinned to Star Wars would be better than BATTLEFRONT
>>
>>317713795

>Nobody here can afford a $60 game

You're either a marketer or bad with money. You don't get rich by throwing money away.
>>
>>317728629

Then they should have said "could have made a Star Wars skin pack for Battlefield"

It doesn't make sense to say "a Battlefield skin pack" when you meant a skin pack for Battlefield when we're talking about Battlefront.
>>
File: 1444360543341.jpg (11 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
1444360543341.jpg
11 KB, 211x212
>>317716107
>Darth Maul
>>
>>317727707
>I'm still literally the only person going for objectives
>defended a point solo for like 4 minutes.

Maybe you are being legit but this triggered me and I need to vent. I reallllly fucking hate when people say this because they never realize how full of shit they are. Ive heard so many time, "where the fuck are you guys im the only one here" while im literally in the objective with them. Or they complain that they are the only ones there after they blindly and luckily made it there without firing their gun as the 5 teammates with them were gunned down without his help. Or just so many circumstances where people are going for the objective but are being pushed back and the person on it happens to be past the enemy lines.

Anyways, not picking on you specifically but I just see it so god damn often it bothers me. Reminds me of one of the last time I was playing Arma king of the hill a guy said that shit... Said why the fuck can i make it to the objective every time but my whole team cant? So i started paying attention to his name on the map. After he died, i saw for ~20 minutes his name not in the objective. Just him trying to get back over and over in different choppers and getting shot down. Then "anon has disconnected"

It made me happy.

Sorry for being a faggot and typing all this.
>>
Fuck this AAA/mobile shit. Just hire the devs of Rebel Galaxy. I want to smuggle and shit and to fly a Star Destroyer.
>>
>>317716107

Doubt theylł add Darth Maul. No idea what villains they can add from the original trilogy. Only one I can think of is Grand Moff Tarkin and was just a governor.
>>
>>317728848
It made perfect sense, anon.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33 KB, 364x318) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33 KB, 364x318
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

ded gaem
>>
File: Ruse Cruise.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ruse Cruise.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
What other heroes will they add?

>Clone Wars Era (if they ever do this)
Obi-Wan
Ahsoka
Rex
Darth Maul
General Grievous
Cad Bane

>New movies
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Someone else idk
>>
>>317716107
>$120 is not too much to ask for a game
i wish i could hate you to death
>>
File: Slow Motion Charger.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Slow Motion Charger.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>317729237
There are barely any heroes to add, much less villains
>Chewie
>Lando
>???????
>>
Does it have bots? I just want to play offline t bh

Even if I wanted online it would be dead and laggy here
>>
Mods will fix everything.
haha
>>
File: 1440879796027.jpg (367 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1440879796027.jpg
367 KB, 1366x768
>>317714693
>>317725910
There's no control on a CD jetpack. It's just on and gone.

The fueled jetpack can toggle midair for a hover effect or can save half of it if necessary for relaunch.

The aircraft system in BfrontII is obviously much more dynamic if it's balancing the fastest speed possible over a resource bar, and that's for getting in to capital ship shields, slipping behind corners, or just getting back out of range. The roll adds similar depth, and it's the mechanic for dodging missiles, the most powerful ammo.. beyond just being added mobility. Obviously, this already mentions that there's actual cover in space battles vs. the air vehicle battles on Hoth, for example.

It's the same with grenades, as well. Having to get more ammo is a bit more challenging than just spamming something off CD.
>>
>>317729507

When they said 4 more did they mean 4 heroes and 4 villains or just 2 of each? With it being EA I'm going for 2 heroes and 2 villains.
>>
>>317711176
60 DOLLAR DEMO

120 FOR THE FULL GAME
>>
>>317718698
Where the fuck do you see 13 maps? I count 4 you little shit.
>>
>>317714326
It's ok. Just enjoy your game m8. Idk how game publishers hire so many people to sit on a website with these faggots trying to push a game, Idk how I'm any sort of shill since I work in a best buy warehouse but ayyy lmao
>>
>>317711176
wow look a blatant lie in the second line
>>
>>317729014

Have you played the game? Everyone except maybe the top 2 people on each team are basically guaranteed to be complete retards and will almost always have a significantly higher objective score than the other 38 people on their team. It's common to see the top player (2-3 at most) have like 5000+ while everyone under them has less than half that.
>>
>>317729713
13 sections of 4 planets

because using the same resources 3 times counts the same as making 3 unique ones
>>
All I can say is I'll hold onto the game for now but if one of the four expansions isn't a fucking clone wars I'm dropping it.
>>
>>317729814

The beta was like 3 years ago in internet time. No one can remember that shit.
>>
>>317729713
Don't own the game but I know there's 4 planets not 4 maps you cumdumpster
>>
File: 404189427748209.png (132 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
404189427748209.png
132 KB, 300x300
>>317711176

people were calling it shallow shit before launch

nice try marketer-san
>>
>110 dollar game
>ONE
>HUNDRED
>TEN
>DOLLARS

For a game that barely has any content. Did EA finally go too far? Are the normies waking up.?
>>
>>317729619

Can someone please answer this?
>>
>>317725910
That may be the clone jet trooper.
Dark trooper's jetpack is integrated into his suit.
>>
>>317716079
He's right, though. The armor is just made of rubber, for all we know. It's fucking called Plastoid, like plastic.
>>
>>317729686
It's obviously gonna be two of each. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't very bright
>>
>>317730074

It's not $110

Do you really think this is the first game with a season pass or something?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-03-19-12.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-03-19-12.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>317729252
Ded games?
>>
>>317714912
Yet, /v/ can play Battlefront II and have 10x more fun than playing the remake. That's slightly problematic for purchases.
>>
>>317730316

do we ever see non armored people get shot? Maybe the lasers make your insides violently explode and turn into molten goop which burns all your allies around you.

Storm trooper armor is top notch gear
>>
>>317729991
Those 4 planets are 4 maps you fucking idiot.
>>
>>317726095

Basically why I won't buy the game even though I can afford to. Where the fuck is the content? Even if you subtract the clone wars shit from the original games there is still way more shit to do in the old game which is over a decade old.
>>
>Playing Battlefront Beta
>AT-STs lasted quite a while, given the player skill was enough to know where and when to use it.

>Playing Release Battlefront
>AT-STs getting shat on by Ion Torpedoes being spammed left and right with low cooldown, they can also be fired from very long ranges with a solid homing capability.

Using an AT-ST on Hoth right now is literally suicide, the map has virtually no cover for your vehicles and once you show up your ass in the open (wich is like 80% of the landscape) you get raped by Ion Torpedoes.
>>
>>317730573

You could also easily rack up 30-40 kills with an AT-ST in the beta
>>
>>317730482
>ever.. non-armored
Yes. No, they don't explode.
>>
>>317711176
Core game is great but lacks content. The DLC will make it much better if your willing to dish out $110
>>
>>317729619
Bots are only in survival mode, afaik.
>>
>>317726246

Not including more vehicles, heroes, weapons, maps/planets, space to ground combat makes you realize how disappointing this game is. The lack of a campaign and classes is a slap in the face.
>>
I wanted to play a battlefront game, but I didn't want it to feel like one of those games you'd play in a physical Arcade.

worst star wars game I have ever played.
>>
>>317730701

Maybe the rebel's guns are top notch and make your insides explode and the imperials guns are meh but they got top notch armor.

Im pretty sure thats what I read in my history book in college.
>>
>>317730815
Out of the what? 4? You've played?

There's at least 50 that are actual trash games. Battlefront is just mediocre.
>>
>>317729917

Only 4 Planets is despicable.
>>
I think it looks like a lot of fun, but it seems to really lack the content required, in my mind, to justify sixty buckaroonies.

Once they put out some DLC and throw it up on one of their sales I'm probably buying it, the beta was enjoyable
>>
>>317730856
Repeating something doesn't make it true.
>>
>>317730482
Canonically, Stormtrooper armor has arguable value. A frag grenade won't do shit to a Stormtrooper, but nobody uses those anymore and it doesn't have very good protection against blasters, which are the most commonly used weapons, and very widespread.
>>
>>317730713

Thanks, mindless shill person.
>>
>>317731061
Value is fine, but the discussion is about weight vs. a roll.
>>
>>317731058

Listen up jabroni, I only repeat the truth.
>>
>>317731149
Well we've seen armored clones do sick manuevers and it's possible in full plate, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to roll
>>
>>317725760
I guess its cheaper?
>>
>>317731149
Fucking metal armor is rolled in. I'm pretty sure this is definitely not the clunkiness of metal.
>>
It doesn't matter if it's good or not, the Season Pass is almost the same price as the game itself, and it doesn't even have a single play campaign. You're paying twice for half a game, and since the servers are run by EA it's inevitably got an expiration date.
>>
>>317731061

They should wear armor made of mirrors
>>
File: IanYes.gif (478 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
IanYes.gif
478 KB, 300x228
>>317731434
That's true. They roll in the animated series, and that's canon.

>>317714439
>>317714693
>>
Why didn't they add Cloud City? It's the best setting in the original trilogy.
>>
>>317731048
To be fair, it's going to be 5 next week with a 10th game mode as well.
>>
>>317731541
It's not just a laser, but a superheated gas around a bullet.
>>
>>317731648
>extra game mode
What?
>>
>>317730649
The problem i see is that now everyone has the means to take down the vehicles without having to dive in too deep into especialization, like the only thing you need against vehicles is the Torpedo and it does its job really well.

Back in the good old battlefronts if you wanted to take down a vehicle you had to go for the Rocketeer class, now everyone has a small built in rocket launcher with infinite ammo.
>>
>>317731708
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Episode-7-DLC-Bring-Game-Mode-101257.html

New 40 player mode
>>
>>317731649

Hmmm they should wear armor made of blasters. Like reactive tank armor. So every time they get shot they explode.
>>
>>317731648
>>317731708
you have to literally shell out extra $50 for that shit though.
>>
>>317731723
But nobody once they get up higher in the trees will spec it, it's too niche and sits largely useless for most of a match. Especially if that match isn't walker assault.
>>
>>317731929
Jakku is free for everyone, preorders just get it the first and everyone else gets it the 8th.
>>
>>317730996
Tor was a better overall interactive experience.

no anon, this is the WORST star wars game I have played in the last two decades.
>>
>>317730437
That was around 3a EST earlier today, faggot. There's 28k currently and 35k peak over last 24h
>>
>>317732075
Its not even worse than the original battlefront, much less the hordes of souless cash ins by LA over 2 decades.
>>
>>317732178
So still less than battlefront? Ok then
>>
>>317724960
What happens if you dont toggle vpn off
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.