[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Straight up admit I work for Brotherhood of Steel >He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: f4_institute_01.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f4_institute_01.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
>Straight up admit I work for Brotherhood of Steel
>He still appoints me leader of the institute for no reason
>Acts surprised when I betray them

Is Father the biggest retard in Fallout history?
>>
>>317537275
no you are for playing FO4
>>
>>317537626
/thread
>>
>>317537275
Nah, just lazy writing. Game is fun but they should have hired a few people from Obsidian to do the writing and story stuff.
>>
>>317537626
I've had a lot of fun anon, what have you been doing?
>>
>>317537678
Chris Avellone was the only competent writer that company had, and he's freelance now.
>>
Not playing this shit. Waiting for the Obsidian game.

>Half-decent shooting
>Weapon customization
>Power armor customization
>base building
>NOW FEATURING DECENT WRITING AND WORLD BUILDING
>Engine will still be shit but oh well
>>
File: felix gay-ta.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
felix gay-ta.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>317537275
>tell Desdemona and Maxson about the shit going down at Bunker Hill
>kill their people off
>due to some form of severe shared mental disability, both still trust me implicitly
>both confused when I burn each of them out

But the C4 was fun, man. God damn Maxson, you god damned mouthbreather.
>>
>>317537275
>there was no option to execute Maxson and take over the BoS for yourself

disappoint
>>
>>317538497
He didnt even do vanilla New Vegas.
>>
>>317539771
>waiting for nothing
waste your time on something else anon
>>
>>317540143
He's the heir of the Brotherhood's founder and seen by some as their god-given saviour. Why would they follow some frozen caveman who killed him?
>>
My entire time of working with the Brotherhood in their last mission, I was wondering.

Why the fuck are they nuking the Institute reactor? Wouldn't they want to capture the research and use it for their own use?

Imagine the fucking bounds and leaps the Institute made in medical and electronics technology. The Brotherhood could of became a new wasteland hyperpower.
>>
>>317540229
It shows
>>
>>317540143
> Killing a direct descendant of Roger Maxson

You would be hunted by BoS until the world turns green again and guns are banned.
>>
>>317537275
Beth writers are for making quite possibly the shittiest main story in a Fallout game to date.
>>
File: 1420244741971.png (269 KB, 414x480) Image search: [Google]
1420244741971.png
269 KB, 414x480
>Parent, your mission is to return a synth to the Institute safel-
>O-oh, it was destroyed? Don't worry about it.
>Parent, your mission is to retrieve the synths at Bunker Hill. Fortunately for us, we have the element of surprise, so the Railroad won't see us c-
>The Brotherhood of Steel learned of our attack and destroyed all the synths, you say? How disappointing.
>Parent, for your great contributions to the Institute the past 2 days I've known you, despite your constant and public hatred of me and the Institute I have decided to choose you as my replacement. There is one small issue however, not everyone is happy about my decision, so-
>You let them be torn apart by synth gorillas? And afterwards you killed the gorillas, too? Well, I'm sure negotiation wasn't an option.
>
>...YOU'RE BETRAYING US?!
>>
>no "rebuild the enclave" storyline

this game sucks
>>
>>317540627
the writing in vanilla was still very good.
>>
>>317541104
Until you got to Benny.

Then it just fell apart. Seriosly, it's like there was a wall between a well written game and a poorly written game, and that wall was Benny.
>>
Why is there Eyebots about when there is no Enclave presence? Are they prewar?

Enclave DLC when
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 KB, 32x59) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 KB, 32x59
>>317541427
They're prewar. appear in various military and scientific facilities in fallout and fallout 2.
>>
>>317539771
At this point Arkane has a bigger chance of doing FO4.5 than Obsidian.
>>
>>317539771
>>317542708
can I ask why people think Obsidian are going to make another fallout game?

new vegas wasn't that great and it really underperformed

bethesda could get a different/more competent studio to make a fallout game and it might not be complete dogshit
>>
>>317542870

The only things about NV that were complete dogshit were the things Bethesda stuck them with, like the gamebryo engine.

As far as the writing, characters, factions, worldbuilding, and actual fucking role playing elements are concerned, it's the only game in the series that's even close to being a worthy successor to FO1 and 2.
>>
>>317540923

Stop shitposting. In all those cases you're lying and manipulating him.

I don't know what happens if you say you told BoS about it, but if you free the synths and tell your father about it, you get banished from the Institute.
>>
>>317542870
It breaks down like this. F3 was Bethesdas own interpretation of the Fallout universe. And whilst it isn't necessarily wrong, the timeline it was on was fucked so it didn't feel like a proper Fallout.

New Vegas however actually does since it is post post-apocalypse. And managed to improve mechanically upon F3 whilst sticking to the setting.

Hence people who liked the original Fallout games (1 & 2), want Obsidian to make another one since they know what they are doing.

People who like F3 and F4 don't want them to because they don't understand the setting.

Neither is wrong, they are two different things. And that was one of my major gripes with Beth Fallouts. If they were set like 50 years after the bombs when the radiation should finally be dissipating, it works and is fine. Scavenge away in your garbage heaps.

But when it is like 200 years after the bombs, there should be some proper civilization, even if the whole country hasn't been reclaimed yet.
>>
>become Bos Knight after 1 quest
>become BoS Paladin after 2 more quests, a rank that took Danse many years to obtain

This game is seriously catastrophically lacking in the narrative dept. They should hire some CDPR writers desu.
>>
>Cait is 2qt
>she doesn't like the fucking railroad or the minutemen
>only other waifu options are manfaced retard Piper and a fucking robot

shit game
>>
>>317537275

Bethesda are so lazy they can't even model an oldanswer face, they just slap wrinkle textures onto a regular model. Old people bone structure changes over the decades. He just looks like a young guy with white hair
>>
>>317540578

Speaking of which, are the remains of the area around the Institute after you blow it to hell still able to be explored or does it become a radioactive shithole?
>>
>>317537275
>for no reason
You're his father, that's a pretty good reason to trust you.
>>
>>317542870
You don't get how this Bethesdrone thing works:

>Game is released
>It's shit
>MODS WILL FIX IT
>OBSIDIAN WILL FIX IT
>Repeat, while never admitting you have shit taste in vidya
>>
>>317545280

Oh fuck off. Any rpg does shit like this.
>>
>>317546094
Any Bethesda RPG, sure.
>>
>>317545708
You know, i couldnt put my finger on it before, seeing all the webums and screenshots, but what you just said is exactly correct. He looks like a young guy masquerading as an elderly dude.
>>
railroadies ww@

fuck the brotherhood!!
>>
So why the hell everyone and their mother can use power armor without training now
>>
>>317540042
>tell Desdemona and Maxson about Bunker HIll
>kill the courser, see who wins
>BoS beats the hippies, I throw grenades at the synths so I don't get bad boy points
>mfw
>>
>>317545539
>manfaced
piper is a sexy bitch
not as godtier as Cait, but still
>>
>>317548674
Because Bethesda. They invented the requirement of needing training.

F4 justification is the male protrag's military history. The female protag's excuse must be that Power Armor training is sexually transmitted.
>>
>>317541343
All the companion quests, and legion characters were written pretty well.
>>
>>317546565
>railroad
fuck off, hippie libtard trash
literally one of the first assignments from Father shows you why the railroad is stupid
>>
>>317538497
>Avellone
>NUKE EVERYTHING!!!! BEAR HISTORY BULL BEAR BULL THE DIVIDE SKIES OLD WORLD BEAR BULL DIVIDE SKIES HISTORY SYMBOLS OLD WORLD BEAR BULL HISTORY BEAR BULL BEAR BULL BULL AND BEAR
>>
>>317549246
>sexually transmitted power armor use
maybe she had prior experience with his super sledge
>>
>>317549318
If you don't think that was the best DLC in the history of DLC then you're a kek
>>
>>317545539
She it's ok if she disagrees with some things, I am sure you will romance her soon enough and not even care.
>>
>>317549393
I wonder if her friends really knew what she mean't when she was complaining about her Small Guns training from her husband.

If you know what I mean.
>>
>>317549810
At least she got some help from some of the guys on base. I heard she took the whole squad out to show her proper firearm control.
>>
>>317545539

>Cait

I am so tired of retarded waifufags putting this dirty druggie bitch on a pedestal. I GUARANTEE she has sucked dick for chems at least once in her life, and likely holds one or more sexually transmitted diseases.

She is total c.uck tier. Nick is the only acceptable companion.
>>
>>317549967
I heard the husband did too.
>>
>>317540578
>>317540578

the faction whos sole purpose is to secure technology destroys one of the most technologically advanced facilities they know of

bethesda
>>
>>317549982
Did you not see Hancock?
>>
>>317550119
see, we were adding to it for a while
and then you came along and shitted it up
you are the worst kind of person
you're the little shit who said "I know you are but what am I?" whenever someone recognized your faggotry and properly labeled you
fuck you kiddo
>>
so, how hard is it to get off that big ass balloon if you kill Maxon for that fucking sweet coat?
>>
>>317545280
It has been forever since I played F1 or F2, so I am rusty on my lore. But aren't the BoS the remnants of the US Military from after the bombs?

So shouldn't they basically be worshiping this bloke because he was military from that time?

Not saying going to Paladin like that isn't stupid, I am genuinely trying to work out if there would be any sort of lore stuff that could play into it.
>>
>>317550295
I ran out of innuendo bro.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>317550309
You can just jump off the side if you've got power armor. No fall damage, and there are half a dozen suits on board to steal.
>>
>>317550320
It takes a lot longer than that for them to make you a Paladin.
>>
>>317550320
from my limited knowledge of FO lore, The Enclave are the last remaining remnants of the U.S.
The Brotherhood is a different thing entirely.
>>
>>317549289
>hurrdurr rogue synths can become bandits so synths are bad

Humans become bandits all the time.
>>
>>317537626
"Fallout" is just one word, guy.
>>
>>317550424
then just don't do it
if you cant keep up with the bantz, they'll go on without you
>>
>>317540578
The Institute are an abomination of science, they need to die.
>>
>>317550505
It's the fact that the Railroad would refuse to take responsibility for shit like that. The fact Father wants you to take him back is because in a way the Institute is responsible for this dangerous being.
>>
>>317550467
I started the BoS questline after doing tons of railroad, finishing the minutement and institute quests up until the reactor thing. It literally took me 1 quest (killing the ghouls from cambridge) to become a full-fledged knight. And what seems like 2 or 3 quests before Danse is outed as a Synth

I completed that questline in like 30 mins.

Bethesda seriously needs to step it the fuck u p
>>
>>317550539
Settle down chopper. Jesus christ. Why are you so upset friend?

Wait did you just play F4?
>>
I just want to get one thing straight, was all the "YOUR SON IS THE VILLAIN KILL HIM OR NUKE THE COMMONWEALTH" just a big ruse? I did the Institute ending and it had nothing to do with destroying the Commonwealth.
>>
>>317550478
Enclave were the remnants of the government, which had the Secret Service, and some directly reporting military personnel. BoS was the remnants of the military the government abandoned during the bombing. Which later banded together to survive and became the Brotherhood.

Or at least that is my recollection.
>>
>>317550478
BoS are some troops from anchorage who discovered the us goverment had created and was using FEV, which in (some way) sped up the chinese/american conflict and lead to the bombs. They tried to separate/rebel from the US but the bombs fell, they survived with the power armor that was used in anchorage and formed the BoS and the codex and all that shit.
>>
>>317550478
BoS was founded by remnants of the US Army. Enclave was founded by remnants of the US Gov't.
>>
>>317550623
Why should the railroad take responsibility? It's a sentient being. If it becomes a bandit it becomes a bandit, and should be killed, but the railroad doesn't hunt bandits.
>>
>>317550623
Neither the Institute nor the Railroad are any more responsible than his parents would be if he was a human bandit.
>>
>>317550850
Yes, it was a rooze.
>>
>>317545539
You know you can turn the robot into a cute girl right?
>>
Is it so much to ask for a video game to let me accomplish something, and then NOT give me a kiss on the cheek and tell me what a fucking champion I am?

Every goddamned faction in this game is straight up BEGGING ME to be their top man.

Why the fuck can't I join a faction, and then just be a fucking footsoldier or something? Why does Father want me to be the king of the smart guys when my INT is 3?
>>
>>317550309
There is a moment right after you join where he walks on the deck,right by the edge,you can kill him,loot and then jump off (if you have a power armour)
>>
>>317542870
But new vegas outsold fallout 3 by a large margin....
>>
>>317551037
>>317551107
I was just explaining the significance of that quest really and Father's reasoning behind it.

>any more responsible than his parents would be if he was a human bandit
There are a lot of people that would argue a bad upbringing by parents would lead to a life like that, though. Not that I completely agree with that but that's a different topic entirely.
>>
>>317537678
The story was fine but the interaction between storylines is shit.

>Can't tell the BoS to calm the fuck down
>Can't change the Institute's view on snyth property rights
>Can't create a treaty between any faction and the railroad
> Can't play a middle route that doesn't murder everybody
>>
File: 1374581535047.png (552 KB, 604x800) Image search: [Google]
1374581535047.png
552 KB, 604x800
>>317551242
No Bethesda game has ever done this properly. It makes all their storylines cringey.
>>
>>317540627
Yea, it shows when he did Lonesome Road and it's the worst writing in NV.
Avellone is an idiot that doesn't understand where Fallout should go. Sawyer and Cain do.
>>
>>317551242
3 and Skyrim did this exact same thing. Three Dog was atrocious for this.
Casuals seem to love it for some reason. It's an easy way to make the world seem like it's reacting to you, when nothing really changes
>>
>>317551427
That's fair. His reasoning is also pretty apparent in the simple fact that he calls himself Father, implicitly labeling them as his children. The institute at large seems to think of them as tools, but he seems equal parts overbearing and overprotective
>>
>>317545853
radioactive lake with a couple floating synths and BoS soliders that wont go away
>>
>>317551242
Bethesda RPGs are babby's first RPG. They literally can't restrict the player from doing anything for any reason. It's the reason why quests are almost always the same until a choice at the very end, almost no important NPCs can be killed, and all the factions let you keep doing their quests until the final quest in that line. They don't want you to play the game multiple times to experience all the content, they want you to do absolutely everything with one single character, and it's been that way since Oblivion where you could be the leader of every guild at once by the time you were level 5.
>>
>>317551242
Reminds me of that quote from Incredibles

When everyone is super, no one will be! That's what this is like. There's no pre-requisites to be anything in this game. You don't need intelligence to advance through the institute, you don't power armor training or actual martial capabilities to advance through the BoS. Here ya go bud you got the gold star!
>>
>>317551471
>>317551702
Yeah I think my issue was that every faction was super extreme. Which may have been their intention, but I think it is kinda lame that there isn't another way.
>>
>>317551213
>can't romance her in robot form

Fuck you Bethesda!
>>
>Desdemona asks me if I like Synths
>One of the answers is something along the lines of "Circumstances are important. It's not a black and white answer"
>Pick that one
>Desdemona says "lol no u gotta answer yes or no" and it just loops back to the same choices as before.

10/10 top tier best writing ever bethesder.
>>
>>317551971
>can help that one Ms. Nanny get with that teacher in Diamond City
>can't romance robot yourself
>>
>>317545539
>manfaced
Fuck you m8, that's some natural Massachusetts beauty.
>>
>>317537275
Just end him at the earliest convenience
>>
>>317551408
>But new vegas outsold fallout 3 by a large margin....
No it didn't
https://web.archive.org/web/20151113201845/http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/10/9673936/elder-scrolls-bigger-than-fallout-sales-data-report
>NV sales: 11.6 mill
>3 sales: 12.4
>>
File: 1446692840307.jpg (45 KB, 652x362) Image search: [Google]
1446692840307.jpg
45 KB, 652x362
>>317537275
So if you fail bunker hill, what happens to the main quest? I got exiled from the institute. Should I just load and earlier save?
>>
>>317552061
I was honestly fucking amazed that Bethesda allowed me to kill Father as soon as I met him.

I was CERTAIN he would be essential up until a manufactured dramatic moment where you only have the choice to join him or kill him.
>>
>>317543632
>your father
You played the game up until that point and you think Shaun is the player character's father?
>>
>>317552061
Hilarious. How the fuck do you end the story after this?
>>
>>317552291
Wait, you can actually kill him that soon? I didn't kill him until I was raiding the Institute with the BoS.
>>
File: w3mm.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w3mm.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>317545280
>They should hire some CDPR writers desu.
Lmao, they just copy pasted from the books.
I love it when people think those Poles are the minds behind the writing.
>>
>>317552418
I shot him in the noggin with Kellogg's pistol the instant he introduced himself, and he turned to a ragdoll, instead of that sitting down thing essential characters do.
>>
>>317552407
work with brotherhood. Can't kill Elder dude.
>>
>>317552061
>Father is only Level 1

I bet his SPECIAL is really shitty too
>>
>>317543790
You sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>317552061

Child support averted
>>
>>317537275
>he installs a chip on my pip boy so i can relay back and forth, assures me thats it
>"AHA! i bet it secretly records what im saying and where i am, surely he knows of my affiliation with the railroad
>the minute i step into the railroad HQ and talk about how we're gonna fuck their shit up, im in for it
>"father, i never expected this from you"
Damn it.
>>
i hate this game so much
Every quest has AT MOST 2 options how to deal with things
And when they have 3(this is a lot for this game) the game still doesn't have dialogue/radio commentary for the third one, so he still treats everything you do if you went for the other 2 routes.

This is such a half asssed game, i can't believe they said VA would make the plot better or some shit like that.
>>
>>317552434
Sounds like you didn't read the books.
>>
>>317542870
new vegas is actually great if you compare to any modern RPG.
>>
>>317552762
Remember, Bethesda believes that they sacrificed story-telling in Fallout 3 because the player had 'too much freedom'.
>>
>>317552434
You realize a pollack wrote the books to begin with right?
>>
>>317552790
Why would I read pollack scribbles? They didn't even have written historical accounts until the fucking 30's or some shit, when the Germans made them write shit down.
>>
>finally beat the game
>expect a slideshow a-la every other Fallout game
>instead get some fucking cinematic where my character waffles on for a few minutes about how she hates the wasteland and misses her family
How exactly is this an RPG again?
>>
I love how Bethesda made your son into the exact same character as your actual father in FO3

like what the fuck was even the point
>>
File: 1425247258878.jpg (2 KB, 126x108) Image search: [Google]
1425247258878.jpg
2 KB, 126x108
>>317553000
trips confirm books are for nerds
>>
>>317552934
>everytime i get to a FO4 thread i dislike the game even more

the only thing that keeps me going is the companions and the eventual mods
>>
>>317552616
wow nice rebut there kid
>>
>bethesda is literally making more money with less effort by the time flies

when will they stop /v/?There is a happy ending to this right?
>>
>>317552319
Oh fuck, meant your son. But he's called Father and older than you so it's all kinds of fucked up. The fact that he has a mini-robot version of himself doesn't make it any less fucked up.
>>
>>317550850
You can't destroy the Commonwealth in any ending, though when you destroy the Institute the explosion looks like it destroys half of Boston.
>>
File: CheckedekcehC.png (68 KB, 151x261) Image search: [Google]
CheckedekcehC.png
68 KB, 151x261
>>317553000
>>
>>317552513
I shot him in the chest with the Gainer execution style when he was in bed after telling him he's going to hell.
Then I told the son-synth that he isn't real and left him behind for the explosion.
>>
The institute ending really showed how terrifying the institute is. Once you go in and shut down the emp generators they literally teleport a synth army right into the BoS base and hijack Liberty Prime to shoot down the airship.

How the fuck do you stop a teleporting robot army that can hack any technology better than what it has.
>>
>>317546565
>Seohyun

heh i like SNSD too friend
>>
>>317551816
Thats exactly it.

Institute is undoubtedly retarded so why would I join them?
Minutemen join you no matter what.
But both Railroad and BoS don't allow you to join with the other factions?

I can't justify joining any of them because they're all so fucking retarded to the extreme. Guess its minutemen. Take me Preston.
>>
>The condition of the pre-war buildings increase as close as you get to the bomb dropzone
>>
>>317553550
>Then I told the son-synth that he isn't real and left him behind for the explosion.

too far
>>
>>317542870
Bethesda enjoyed working with Obsidian, and they even approached them to help them kickstart a new sci-fi franchise together but they were busy with Pillars of Eternity.

Look at it from Bethesda's point of view; if there is any studio that can do a Fallout game with the same design as their games it's pretty much Obsidian. And it's a match made in heaven, really. Bethesda keep to the east coast while they let Obsidian keep to the west coast.
>>
>>317553094
It's like poetry. It rhymes.
>>
>>317552264
How do you even do that?
>>
>>317553737
He's not you real son and never will be.
>>
>>317553756
>Coastal regions mattering at all in video games
>>
>>317553591
Don't forget they give you grenades that teleport synths to help you.
>>
I think this is a pretty common complaint, but I feel like one of my biggest issues with this game is how completely defined your character is.

You are a 30-something suburbanite with a spouse and a child and a career, yet for some reason your character knows things they shouldn't possibly have any experience in based on their previous life because of the player's character-building choices.

It's like Bethesda didn't know how to tell a story unless they wrote the characters exactly as they are "supposed" to be, but also wanted to pretend like this is totally an RPG and you are a blank slate and you're writing your own story.
>>
>>317553902
Bethesda have said themselves that they want to keep to the east coast to carve out their own story.
>>
>>317553965
They really should have stuck with the blank slate, but that becomes hard when they bother using a voiced protag.
>>
>>317552407
Either Brotherhood or Minutemen.
>>
>>317553871
Piss of Shaun when you talk to him after the battle.
>>
>>317553965
Well, in FO3 wasn't that bad because atleast had some decisions in the prologue.
In f4 you just rush to the vault and then ends
what is even the point should just make a cutscene.

>oh buy i need codsworth to call me Mr Fuckface.
>>
>>317553059
It's Mass Effect: Fallout Edition.
>>
>>317554094
That's the other thing. I hope you don't make anyone with any sort of ethnic background, because even if you are Tyrone, king of the fat africans, you're still gonna sound like a soft-spoken, in-shape white guy.
>>
>>317554190
At least Mass Effect had different colored endings, but of course in the Fallout universe they never invented color TV.
>>
>>317554012
oh i misunderstood my bad senpai

i thought you meant real life
>>
>>317554108
>rush to the vault and then ends
Makes me wonder. If the blast was actually close enough to vaporize everyone within seconds, would the protag and Co. still live if the elevator had dropped down at least halfway to the vault by the time the bomb dropped? Does the incineration need to be exactly in the face to actually kill?
>>
>>317554094
>>317553965

>FO1
>You're a vault dweller sent to retrieve a water chip. You get a game over if you fail to do so within the allotted time.

>FO2
>You're a tribal sent to retrieve a geck to save your village. You also get a game over if you take too long.

>FO3
>You're an ex-vault dweller trying to complete your dad's life's work. You have to find another geck. Nothing happens if you ignore the main quest.

>NV
>You're a courier who was waylaid trying to deliver a package. You have to recover it and complete the delivery. Nothing happens if you ignore the main quest.

>FO4
>You're military veteran or lawyer being being frozen for 200 years. You have to find your missing son. Nothing happens if you ignore the main quest.

Every single Fallout is essentially a mcguffin quest where you have a set backstory. Can we stop pretending otherwise? If anything, we've been given more room to roleplay after Bethesda got the title since you actual have the option to ignore the mainquest and and do whatever you want.
>>
I hate how mundane the quests in this game are

>Fallout 3
>2 people think they are comic characters and are roleplaying in a power struggle

>Fallout 4
>they re-use the roleplay comic characters thing but then it is just go to X place kill Y guy again.

For real , there is a quest that it is basically > get green paint so i can paint the wall
and everyone in Diamond city treat me like a hero

REALLY ? NO ONE COULD BOTHER TO GRAB SOME PAINT?THERE IS ONLY 4 RAIDERS THERE.
>>
>>317553965
Technically it is still a RPG, it just isn't the kind of RPG that Fallout is, or should be.

The protag shouldn't be voiced. It is just too limiting unless you are willing to pay like 5-10+ males and females of various ages and ethnicities to record the whole protag script for each of them.

And script size is going to be an issue since the more dialogue options you put in, the more that needs to be recorded, the bigger the game gets, the more costly the production, etc.

I love that they went a tried to put as many names in there as possible. That is an interesting attempt and potentially a step in the right direction for gaming.

But a voiced protag in a Fallout game is not. Until we have some proper AIs and I can use my own voice to yell at them to do XYZ.
>>
>>317554457
I think you can use another color of paint but I don't know how he reacts. Agreed about the quest design being horrible though.
>>
>>317553871
I told him the truth that I let the synths go free
>>
>>317554190
Bethesda can get away with literally anything. I remember when ME3 came out people were fucking livid about the forced PTSD and dream sequences, but Bethesda does it and everyone acts like they're breaking new ground or some shit.

>mods will fix it
>the bugs make the game more fun!
>just buy a titan x if it doesn't run well on your toaster
>Bethesda games aren't about the graphics
>Bethesda games aren't about the story
>Bethesda game aren't about the gameplay

Bethesda provides a shitty, torn up canvas that the modders fix up and use to make a beautiful portrait, and then the mouthbreathing fans act like Bethesda were the ones who made the game what it became.
>>
>>317554425
Isn't the time limit really long in the first two games, though? I heard you'd have to cover the entire map multiple times to actually run out. You can't dick around forever, but you'd probably run out of things to do first.
>>
>>317540578
The BoS believes that the technology The Institute invented is inherently evil because the BoS is all about control. The BoS discovers, collects, and hoards all technology because they believe technology proliferation is what brought about the old worlds downfall.

Synths are a form of technology that is self-controlling, self-upgrading, and self-propagating, which goes against the core reason for why the BoS does what it does.
>>
>>317537275
The people who wrote for this game and the people who paid money for this game are the biggest retards in Fallout history
>>
>>317554698
I think if you just keep running around the wasteland, it takes about 3 hours
>>
>>317554610
You can mixture Blue and yellow paint and then he says something like "good job son"
this is a (optional) objective that takes 2 seconds to do and it is just 5 steps away from the place you get the pain(the place i mean the shelter, literally you just walk 5 steps and mix the paint)

and this is a marked quest.

and every quest is so mundane, there is nothing fun to do with the quests

The only quests that aren't mundane end up in a brickwall because your character can't be doing this things, like the bobbi one and the kek and the bartender one
>>
>>317553756
People here, and on NMA, like to think Bethesda is some incompetent, greed hungry company that will do everything in their power to maximize profits at the cost of gutting a franchise they know people like just so they can get those casualbucks.

In reality, they are only a mostly incompetent company that makes games they enjoy playing, the fact that they're somehow raking in the casualbucks is just icing on the cake for them, and honestly probably a surprise to them. The fact that they're willing and happy to let other companies take a crack at it, is stellar, and the fact that they've said that they would like to work with Obsidian again should be a clear enough picture into their mindset.
>>
>>317554698
You can extend the time limit in F1 via a few means as well. And yes the time limit is pretty decent. It is mostly there to remind you of your core task.

I don't recall an emphasis on there being a timeframe in F2 though. I thought they needed the GECK to fix themselves genetically and restore the land. Which wasn't really a super time critical thing.
>>
>>317554734
They didn't only research synths at the Institute. The BoS could easily have repurposed the facility and only destroyed anything related to synths.
>>
Post only semi-related, but if I've ignored all the chances I had to flirt with Piper and now the "romance" option is red, do I have a chance at all? Am I gunna have to quicksave/load an assload of times to make this happen? I love it when she calls me "Blue", its super cute.
>>
>>317554698
Not him, but It's easy for it to happen in Fallout 1, Fallout 2 I skipped when it came out and never got into so I can't say.

I remember dying a lot in Fallout.
>>
>>317554425
At least with the games before FO4, there was wiggle room. You had a purpose and a goal, but you could have any skills because YOU weren't someone specific. You were just a guy with a job appointed to them.

But in FO4, your character is so defined that it's completely distracting to know that no matter how you imagine your character, they ARE the ex-military guy, or inconceivably the lawyer who has a proclivity towards power armor usage and wanton murder.
>>
>>317555114
Raise your charisma beforehand with clothes/Grape Mentats if you can
>>
>>317555114
I've passed red speech checks before, but it took at least two dozen attempts.
>>
>>317555161
Is it just me, or does anyone else here hate it when people abbreviate this series to "FO3", "FO4" etc.? Its not Fall Out - Fallout is one word. Its just "F3", "F:NV", "F4".
>>
>>317555032
This. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I don't hate them for making this game, I hate them for making this game a core Fallout. I could live with it being a spin-off. Or it being some other IP that is just similar to Fallout.
>>
>>317555075
Fallout 2 practically goes out of to remind you there's a time limit because people kept forgetting the first one had one, The village priests keeps reminding you in your dreams
>>
>>317555243
>>317555248
Not sure if I've got any clothes handy that do that (or even in storage), but I do have grape mentats, so I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
>>317555032
>>317555358

I wish i was naive like you.

just see how much market budget they had on this and Skyrim.

you are right about Bethesda not being incompetent, because they are making a lot of dosh when they are working even less they did on some years ago.

F3 had that excuse, for being a clumsy dev team just trying to do something, but in F4 and Skyrim they knew exactly what they need to do to get a lot of money with minimum effort.

in F3 actually you could actually see the effort.
in 4 there is nothing to show you they tried to make a good game and not simply a cash grabber.
>>
>>317553059
Hopefully they plan to expand the story with DLC, might explain the lack of a slideshow.
>>
>>317555358
>hating them for making a fallout game

Listen, it was dead before they got it because Interplay handles money and legal problems like a rapper. Just wait for NV 2 and be happy they've said they want to leave the west coast alone.
>>
>>317549318
what point are you trying to make?
>>
>>317550295
no hes not, you're far worse than he is, and the joke he ruined was horrible in the first place .
>>
>>317554425
2 has no real time limit. After like 14 years the game ends but it's nearly impossible to spend that much time.
>>
>>317555595
I'm sure they will, but that's not the reason there's no slideshow. If I had to guess it's because even if you do absolutely everything you don't actually effect much. How many settlements/cities/etc. do you actually deal with to the point that it would have its own slide detailing what happened as a result of your actions? As far as I can tell it'd only be the main factions, Diamond City, Goodneighbor and your companions. The companions can't have their own slides though since they need to be around in the post-game, so having them wander off on their own business or die wouldn't work. That'd leave you with 4 or 5 slides maximum, which would be pretty pathetic. I'm guessing Bethesda just couldn't be bothered.
>>
>>317553965

This game is more action shooter than rpg now. Half the choices in the game don't matter. Like every time someone needs help and I say no, they just wait there for me to come back and say yes. What if you left Nick in the vault and tried to find another way? Pretty much everything feels like the illusion of choice and not a real one.

Also everyone is making me leader of everything when I'm rocking 1 intelligence, 1 perception and a pair of brass knuckles with wolverine blades.

My biggest complaint is stats or perks pretty much don't matter for role playing purposes. 1 int used to give you different dialogue, now every build path has the same dialogue paths as well.
>>
>>317555509
Oh shut up. It's always some guy who tries to call you naive, and is 100% positive that the company is just a bunch of people in a boardroom talking about how they can ruin fallout and the elder scrolls to make more money.

I think they did put a lot of work into the game, and while it isn't want you wanted, or necessarily what everyone wanted. They made a fairly alright game that people are finding enjoyable. They even updated the skeleton they've been using since Daggerfall so the Deathclaw could do neat things.

They're incompetent, they're lazy, they cut corners, and they barely know what they're doing. But they never lack for trying to make the game fun.
>>
>>317556220
Come on mate, you really think a game company doesn't know how to make money?
They know bro, they have a meeting with everyone involved and they discuss what needs to be done to achieve maximum profit.

They are not there for creating a game on artistic thing, it is a company, there is not a fidelity to the fans or anything like, even more because bethesda didn't develop fallout 1 and 2.

or you think they bought Fallout because they cared for the original fanbase?

stop being so jaded, they are business guys that are there to make money.If they were imcompetent Skyrim would bomb, F4 would bomb, and no one would bother.

But they are making money, because they are good at their job.
>>
>>317550570
No, SYNTHS are abominations and the Institute are enemies of the BoS because they played god and made them.
>>
>>317555509
If they only wanted to make cash out of everything ala Ubisoft, Activision or EA, they would shut down the project of porting Daggerfall to Unity ages ago, and not giving away the game for free to whoever wants it.
>>
>>317538196
you could probably have fun playing with your own shit pleb.
>>
>>317551242
Because it's arguably more stupid that I literally got every faction in the Mojave desert to support the NCR, do all their work for them while their troops fuck around doing prostitutes on the strip and by the end I'm still basically fucking nothing. With the BoS in this game, at least you only reach sentinel.
>>
>>317556475
They're making money because people are buying their game. They see the things they like, and they see the things people like, and they throw it at the wall to see what sticks.

And I know why they bought fallout. They bought it because they wanted it, and wanted to make games in the setting. They said as much when they bought it. Unless they have a magic fucking crystal ball, they had no way of knowing it would become as popular as it did.

>>317556475
>stop being so jaded

Mate, you need to google the definition of jaded. They succeed because they try to make fun games, and they always get a measure of success on that ground.
>>
>>317556950
>yeah i thought jaded meant another different thing because of that aerosmith song

That is basically it, how many people bought F3?New Vegas?and 4?

How much of the budget went to shit that people that played the original games care(voiced protag, dialogue wheel, settlements)?
and how much went to marketing?

They won't just take a U-turn and try to cater to things another completely different demographic care.

If they did this game would be totally different, and not a skyrim with guns.

They are different than ubisoft, EA, activision. But they are not "oh we are so clumsy at making games tee-hee we just don't know what to do"
>>
File: latest[1].png (815 KB, 1490x932) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
815 KB, 1490x932
Was anybody else bothered that your character literally doesn't react at all if you kill Shaun?
>>
File: image.gif (278 KB, 296x249) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
278 KB, 296x249
>>317537275
He trusts you, because you are his Father, and went to no extent to find him.

> ITT: Fucking retarded ass downie OP

Pic related: It's yo poofta ass.
>>
>>317551980
Deacon helps you get around that
>>
>>317557368
At this point do you even know what you're saying? Or are you trying to say that because they sell well, Bethesda suddenly aren't incompetent at making games? And instead masters of marketing and shady corporate deals?

Let me serenade you on the secret of their success. They make games people like. They're not necessary complex, but they're big and fun, and you can run around and kick stuff. And then they release the mod tools. The fact that there is one bug tied to their games since Morrowind that they can't get rid of because the guy who coded it forgot how he did it, and if they try to fix it the problem only gets worse and worse speaks of that.
>>
>>317552098
Honestly those numbers sound good enough for another Obsidian game. Bethsoft probably make a truckload of cash, kept interest in their IP and probably didn't spend a whole lot
>>
>>317553381
>and older than you
technically no
>>
>>317537275
>goes through hell and back to find him
>he thinks you believe in him as a result
>betray him anyways despite family ties and him being the whole reason why you went there in the first place
>he shouldn't be shocked by this.
>>
>>317537275
Modern Bethesda games will never block you out of "content", no matter how retarded the outcome. That's also why you can be the leader of every single guild in every single game simultaneously.
>>
>sole survivor loses their life, their husband/wife, child becomes a vile sack of shit
>none of the endings really end on a good note
Sole Survivor had a hard life. Maybe on par with the Vault Dweller depending on how you played
>>
>>317554425
I feel like I've seen this and several other posts like this repeatedly over the past 2 days
>>
is this game 'funner' on higher difficulties?

im only playing on normal and its super fucking easy, but i guess thats the case with 'normal' for most games these days

do the higher difficulties include different game play elements in some way or are they just 'enemies do more damage/take less' type of stuff
>>
>>317552098
at least on steam sales of NV are quite quite higher than FO3
>>
File: FUCKING WHALE FAGS.png (146 KB, 641x2614) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING WHALE FAGS.png
146 KB, 641x2614
>>317553662
>I can't justify joining any of them because they're all so fucking retarded to the extreme.
This is the thing I hope bethesda understands in all the criticism.

In New Vegas you could debate why each path might be the best for the wasteland and you could be confident in your choice while discussing it.

In Fallout 4? We're all trying to figure out the least retarded group to end with and the Minutemen are the only ones that are allowed to end the game as an all around reasonable faction with noble goals.

Not that we need every faction to be the perfect wasteland savers, but unless you develop a callous disregard for the future of the commonwealth, only the minutemen make sense.

The institute will continue using them as a test lab while claiming they're doing it for humanity when they really mean for themselves unless you intervene in your headcanon.

The brotherhood (haven't done this ending) are as big a cancer to the commonwealth as the institute.

The railroad (haven't done this ending) don't seem like they're going to do anything that makes them seem like an ending worthy faction. So, synth manufacturing stops and the remaining synths are safe. Great. Now what?

>inb4 hurr legion, I know, but they were supposed to be fleshed out more
>>
>>317560127
Vault dweller has it good pretty much no matter what. If you are a good guy you are in a very high up position in the brotherhood of steel and you are basically wasteland jesus. If you are evil you get to nuke the shit out of the brotherhood and live in your comfy 5 star hotel room forever.
>>
>>317560416
No, the difficutly doesn't increase in any substantial way.
you take more damage, enemies take more to die, but you get more legendaries which means the chances of getting the actual good weapons is vastly higher.
Survival compared to normal is a 3x difference in legendary rates.
>>
>>317561094
Wow. That's an oldie.
>>
>>317561094
>that 4chan Original 17 square story box

It's like I can feel the pressure change and everyone is aware if I'm talking to a girl for a while and she mentions she has a boyfriend.
>>
File: zzzzzzzz.gif (8 KB, 592x382) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzz.gif
8 KB, 592x382
>>317541002
>no Gunner faction
>no helping raider to take the diamond city or goodneighbour
>cant bet on robot race
>cant duel in Combat zone
>cant hijack pyrewedyn and bring it to attack new vegas
>>
>>317540578
Maxson is legit retarded, that's why. He wants to scorch the Earth on something he thinks is an abomination when that's what most Prewar science was.

>Hey guys let's put land mines in Giddyup Buttercups!
>>
>>317561504
>>cant hijack pyrewedyn and bring it to attack new vegas
That sounds like a terrible idea, theres really no reason why anyone would want this.
>>
>>317561504
Sounds like that could be some sweet DLC friend. :^)

I hate myself for even typing that.
>>
File: 377160_2015-11-22_00001.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
377160_2015-11-22_00001.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>meet and take along Nick "The Shocking Dick" Valentine
>oh shit, giant BoS blimp out of nowhere
>get to go up on it
>with Nick
>listen to a long-ass speech about how all synths need to be destroyed and how much they should be hated
>all while Nick is standing right next to me
This game is pissing me off.
>>
File: geniggertic.jpg (294 KB, 753x528) Image search: [Google]
geniggertic.jpg
294 KB, 753x528
>>317552061
hahaha oh wow, now i want to see the chinese one
>>
>>317542870
Who?
>>
File: 1349384991732.jpg (48 KB, 520x534) Image search: [Google]
1349384991732.jpg
48 KB, 520x534
>kill all off the Railroad for the BoS
>then kill all of the BoS for The Institute
>kill Father
>think I'm going to be able to kill the Minutemen and be in this on my own
>LOL NO SORRY PICK ONE SIDE AT LEAST
>>
>>317561504
The lucky 38's laser cannon might still work. Prydwen would go up in flames
>>
>>317537275
C U C K E D
>>
>>317554418

Actually thinking on it now, isnt them not being behind a closed vault door actually an issue? Like once youre down the hole and the bomb went off, that doesnt protect you from radiation or the massive heat.
>>
File: something so stupid.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
something so stupid.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>hear that you can betray Shaun
>work for the Institute
>kill Courser and free synths for the Railroad at the Battle of Bunker Hill
>Shaun teleports in to talk to me
>Tell him to go fuck himself
>"Well, I suppose that makes your views quite clear"
>Teleports out
>Kicks me out of the Institute
>Go back to Railroad
>They straight-up tell me that they can't do shit and that I should join the Minutemen
TOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD
>>
>>317556813
>I'm still basically fucking nothing

They give you the highest possible civilian decoration and you're presumably set for life as a hero of the republic
>>
So what's the minutemen ending?
>>
>>317562347
You nuke the institute with 5 poor farmers wearing rags and using pipe gun as backup then proceed to have nothing faction related other than radiant quests like nothing ever happened
>>
>>317561504
>cant duel in Combat zone
Did anyone else think this was misleading in the commercials/trailers?

It LOOKS like you'll get into some bareknuckle brawling and working your way up to knife fights and probably culminating with a fist fight against a super mutant or something.

Instead, you walk in, everyone tries to kill you, and you get your irish junkie. Try to return and the owner never gets his shit together.
>>
>>317562347

The same as everything else. You get inside the institute, and blow up their reactor.

>>317562145

The entire plotline of the Railroad relies on you working for the Institute undercover. Their goal is to free synths, and THEN destroy the Institute.
>>
>>317542870
stories and endings change in ending through player's choices..
FO4 shits all over with same 1 cinematic ending on all faction win
>>
>>317562429
Why don't they get suped up laser muskets and preston tier clothing as elite troopers?

Even the railroad gets fucking gauss cannons. I don't even understand how they're the faction that gets their hands on those.
>>
>>317543790
this
all people i talked too people who actually played FO1~2 prefer Obsidian
people who STARTED on 3 prefer Bethesda
and they act like old FO series fans
its fucking disgusting
>>
>>317560703
Yes.

But, NV is steamworks, so no matter where you buy it, it goes into your steam. 3 was GFWL, not exclusive to Steam.
>>
File: 1421117429014.png (54 KB, 309x283) Image search: [Google]
1421117429014.png
54 KB, 309x283
What was the goal of the institute again?

even though i went their endingI got nothing but make the wasteland better with robots.
>>
>>317562635
The worst part is that I equipped all of my like 20 guys at the castle with the minuteman outfits, combat armor over that, and some guass rifles yet the guys who helped me in the final quest had fucking double barrel shotguns
>>
>>317540716
I thought the BoS kinda eschewed history.

Admittedly from the wiki but still

>While they have great reverence for technology, most of the Brotherhood members have little regard for non-technical fields of knowledge (and even for non-combat-related technology). Even most of the Scribes do not care about history, and some Brotherhood of Steel Initiates do not even know who Roger Maxson, the founder of the Brotherhood, was.
>>
>>317562736
i really have no fucking idea

they say they want to enhance humanity but not at the cost of compromising what it means to be human (which is why they abandoned the cybernetics project Kellogg was part of)

but then they say synths aren't real people so ???????????? what the fuck is the point of a synth?
>>
>>317555509
you are fucking retarded
>>
File: 454874548745.jpg (32 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
454874548745.jpg
32 KB, 728x546
>>317556813
So a bloated, corrupt political organization takes advantage of your hard work, barely acknowledges your accomplishments, and continues to indulge in kickbacks and vice?

How totally unrealistic.
>>
>>317562736
If you ask me, their original goal doesn't really matter once you get put in charge, from then on it's your own headcanon.
>>
>>317562736
>but make the wasteland better with robots.
By the end I got lost myself.

Preserve themselves ultimately. Really, it's left up to your headcanon as director.

Without you, they wouldn't be helping anyone, or at least what normal people consider help. Sharing technology, keeping communities safe, disposing of nuclear waste, clearing out nests of critters.

Left alone they'd just continue performing nearly Big MT tier amoral experiments and without the excuse of insanity.
>>
>>317542870
>it really underperformed
nice meme
>>
>>317562635
>can't invest money into their equipment
>can't have vertibirds drop in minutemen decked out in combat/power armor
>>
File: America.png (3 MB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
America.png
3 MB, 1440x960
>>317562814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87US9AXNMME

pic related, the brotherhood at it's core.
>>
>>317552098
If it sold almost 12 million how do you figure it "underperformed"?
>>
>>317561883
>might
Knowing House it's definitely working. No way he'd let a trump card like that be nonfunctional.
>>
File: 1443966228035.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1443966228035.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>317563125
>Not even 2 minutes of Hosue putting The Brotherhood in their place did more to explain a faction than anything in 4
>>
>>317563268
>Knowing House it's definitely working.
knowing bethesda and chris avellone, house is dead and the NCR is expanding or new vegas is in the hands of the people.
>>
>>317542870
I remember reading a thread in reddit about a year ago where some butthurt bethesda worker told everyone that fallout 4 will release during 2015, one of the other things she mentioned is that bethesda had a strict timeline of when DLC is going to be released and announcing a spin off game by obsidian.
According to her, an obsidian spin off is going to be announced mid 2016 and released at early 2017 IIRC.
All the other information there was spot on, including voiced PC's, new bullshit dialogue system and other bullshit.

Considering everything else that was written by her was spot on by now, I'm going to pray that we'd actually get another Obsidian fallout game.
>>
>>317563335
I'll never get over this. By the end of New Vegas, we all had a good understanding of every faction right?

Fallout 4 leaves you with questions and things to say or better yet, scream into the ears of faction leaders.
>>
>>317563371
I wouldn't doubt that The Courier/Yes Man know how to use it.

Besides, even without it Courier could pretty much repel all of the Eastern Brotherhood with his Securitron army since he's so ridiculously OP
>>
File: 13.jpg (129 KB, 1126x880) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
129 KB, 1126x880
>>317537275
That's your son. Your flesh and blood. How do people even side with anything but the Institute.
>>
>>317563509
Main characters fall off the face of the earth after the plot is done with them. I guarentee if they do make yes man the ending, the courier either wandered off into the desert or has no apparent input into NV's politics.

Oh, but yes, yes man alone can probably use it.
>>
>>317546094
It talks forever to get into the Mage's Guild Uni in Oblivion.
>>
File: 1414959104540.jpg (15 KB, 216x232) Image search: [Google]
1414959104540.jpg
15 KB, 216x232
>>317563492

You never get a chance to debate or explore NPCs. After meeting with Father, you don't even get the ability to talk to him. Like what the fuck happened in those 60 years, why are synths kidnapping people and killing villagers, what are their goals and so on.

I think in terms of gunplay and general gameplay that FO4 is the best in the series, but holy shit and fucking Christ they fucked up everything regarding roleplay or dialogue.

>>317563587

>know parent is stuck in a fridge for 60 years and doesn't bother thawing them out
>when the faggot does, he lets you deal with the apocalypse yourself instead of taking you into the Institute
>after fighting tooth and nail and avoid getting eaten by mutants or raped by raiders, and finally finding a way into the complex, he decides to let you see a robotic version of himself
>why? so he can see your reaction, that's it

Father is hands down the most cruelest person in the fucking game, same thing with the Institute.
>>
File: piper2.jpg (51 KB, 653x673) Image search: [Google]
piper2.jpg
51 KB, 653x673
>>317549138
>Sexy
>>
>>317563587
>Lets you into the commonwealth expecting me to die as an experiment
>Doesn't even consider the fact that watching your wife get shot in the fucking face is fresh in your mind and calls her collateral damage
>After you miraculously find him using nothing but the will of a father, he sends you on life threatening missions like a common grunt
>Literally knows that The Institute is responsible for FEV experimentation and yet another super mutant outbreak on top of having cold hard evidence of entire settlements being wiped out on their accounts

I shot Shaun in the face, all he had to offer was a poor, morally incorrect version of Mr House.
>>
>>317563587

because you have no connection with him as the player, hes just as lifeless as all the other faction leaders,

It doesn't matter who you pick, the game will pat you on the back for your choices because there is no karma/rep system.
>>
>>317563845
>Mr House
Shaun isn't worthy of the comparison.

Bethesda knew they had to make him your son otherwise everyone would kill them and exclusively mourn the following retardation that is the forced nuking of their base.
>>
>>317550519
Then show him how its done by hitting F4
Hit Alt too while you're at it.
>>
>>317563812
>>317563902
Even if he is a vile cocksucker, killing my own son is rough shit. If he was the parent I'd have no hesitation. I dunno
>>
>>317564074
>he needs karma to know if he did a good thing or a bad thing

nah, that should never come back to the 3d games.

>>317563812
I was under the impression that he really wanted to see how'd you treat synth Shaun, since he planned on letting you "raise" it because you couldn't raise him.
>>
>>317564156
I might see why you could think like that if we had any interaction with Shaun where he isn't a cunt.
>>
>>317564156
Killing him was extremely easy for me to do since the player has literally no reaction. He doesn't even say "Im sorry, Shaun" or anything.

At least in NV House had an extremely memorable scene and an obituary that makes you feel like a piece of shit
>>
>>317564156
the only times you can "interact" with the guy he's either too young to do anything or he's a cunt. I had no remorse killing the guy
>>
>>317561094
I think all endings but the Institute one allow the Commonwealth to acutally flourish in some form.

The Minuteman ending would allow for the place to become united and form its own state, similar to a burgeoning NCR.

The Brotherhood ending would have the settlements of the Capital Wasteland more or less merge with that of Boston due to how the Brotherhood seems keen on helping people, even if they come across as dickheads.

The Railroad ending seems like "ok, but how does that help the everyman?". Well now that the Institute is gone, the mutant numbers will eventually dwindle, the synth attacks and replacements end and the looming threat of the Institute dies. Which means people will actually try to settle in places and reclaim the land. This is somewhat like the Minuteman ending, and could possibly also lead to a sovereign state now that the BoS is out of the picture.
>>
>>317563587
The fact it is Shaun and not Sean is enough reason.

Death to the false Seans.
>>
>>317552291
but if you immediately kill him, the game does not acknowledge it whatsoever

i hate that

I'm playing as a vengeful father who refuses to believe what institute is telling him and just pulls the trigger on Father half way through the dialogue

then I come back and no one cares
there are no options for "hey I just killed leader of institute"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.