[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>melee weapons are rendered completely unusable because you'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: maxresdefault.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>melee weapons are rendered completely unusable because you'll be taken out by a single unarmed feral ghoul before you do any substantial damage

>enemies can kill you in about 4 shots
>takes many clips just to take down an average human raider

>instakill molotov spam

>encourages cheesing enemies

>the legendary mutants you do find will probably kill you in a couple hits and / or you'll just waste your entire supply of ammo on one enemy just to get a mediocre legendary wrench

t-thanks Todd
>>
>>317262269
>bethesda
>putting any effort whatsoever into their games
>>
>What do you mean, I can die in a video game? Nobody warned me!
>>
>>317262269
>melee weapons are rendered completely unusable because you'll be taken out by a single unarmed feral ghoul before you do any substantial damage
????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>hard mode
>it makes you die in a few hits
That's good
>it turns enemies into bullet sponges
That's NOT fucking good
>>
File: chen.png (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
chen.png
45 KB, 554x439
>>317262269
These are only problems you might have at the beginning, but after a few levels the game becomes really easy.
>>
>>317262269
Melee is actually a ton easier on survival than regular guns are, I'm replaying the game after finishing it and melee is so fucking good
>>
>>317262269

You're retarded. I've played melee the entire game and it's easy as fuck on very hard mode. Find a good super sledge and either invest perk points into DR perks or get pain train and rape everything with power armour. Use Psychobuff and Med-X if you're too early in the game to use power armour.
>>
>>317262269
>bethesda games
>sensible difficulty settings

yeah no. it's just multiplying enemy numbers and dividing yours. Every game. Every time.

I feel no pity for anyone who bought this
>>
Hard modes in western games will always be shit because there's rarely proper dodge mechanics implemented.
>>
>Being this bad at games

Neck yourself
>>
>>317262546
use mods for it.
>>
Where the fuck did all this rubble and trash come from? The ceiling is intact and the windows are boarded
>>
>>317263907
I got a mod for it, is so good
>>
File: trash.jpg (844 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
844 KB, 1920x1080
>>317263954
Whoops
>>
>>317262269
>clips
>>
File: 1429132497107.jpg (130 KB, 506x543) Image search: [Google]
1429132497107.jpg
130 KB, 506x543
Man, you faggots must be really starved for games if you play that shit.

Why not download a PS2 emulator and enjoy some good games instead?
>>
File: Almighty Weapon.jpg (47 KB, 1035x628) Image search: [Google]
Almighty Weapon.jpg
47 KB, 1035x628
>>317262269
>Melee weapons are rendered completely unusable

kek
>>
>>317262269
>not using fury or psychojet on a melee build
>>
File: 1447312265103.jpg (204 KB, 670x893) Image search: [Google]
1447312265103.jpg
204 KB, 670x893
Anyone have the .gif comparison between PC ultra and PC ultra with extended draw distance?
>>
>>317264202
Because I like this one. I've only done the super generic BoS/minutemen quests for 24 hours but for some reason it really pleases my autism

And I hated both FO3 and Skyrim
>>
>>317262269
>melee weapons are completely unusable
maybe you should acquire skills, you fucking wanker
or a yao guai steak
>>
>>317262269
Stop complaining about survival faggot and just lower the difficulty a little bit then idiot.
I swear you retards are something else...
>multiplayer competitive challenge
"hurr durr fucking tourneyfags, why don't you play the game the way it's meant to be played?"
>singleplayer, extremely difficult, subjectively unfair and punishing artificial difficulty
"Wow you fucking casual can't play on the hardest difficulty? hurr durr play the game the way it's meant to be played(even though there's other difficulty options but I'm too much of a hypocritical faggot to acknowledge the legitimacy of them)
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00004.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00004.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>legendary weapons
>90% of them are complete trash
>can't even scrap them
>>
>>317262269
I don't understand why increasing difficulty makes monsters simply have more hp.

A "survival" mode or setting should make EVERYONE die with just a few hits, not just the player while making enemies bullet sponges.

Does any game ever get this right?
>>
>Doesn't bring back NV's Hardcore stipulations
Come the fuck on man
>>
File: 1428366330774.jpg (53 KB, 413x451) Image search: [Google]
1428366330774.jpg
53 KB, 413x451
>one of the most major approaches for the game was that player cannot suffer from his own actions, which could even lock some content permanently
>still can't work for the major factions behind their backs without them knowing, locking many quests for the completionists
Just... WOW!
>>
>>317264086
i wish there was a sweep option so you can make cleaner bases
>>
File: castle.jpg (816 KB, 1904x890) Image search: [Google]
castle.jpg
816 KB, 1904x890
>>317265765

A million times this
>hey delete this rubble so we can go on, this will be the only time you ever get to do this

also flashlight replacement for pip boy light when
>>
>>317265765
>200 years after the bombs dropped
>no one cares about his place being clean and just leaves rubble around
>>
>>317265647
What the fuck are you on about?

I've been doing every factions quest simultaneously and the only thing anyone said was that I was a knight when I joined the railroad, and they were upset I used the brotherhood to build the teleporter.
>>
>>317264867
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and literally nobody else
>>
>>317264867

Watch_Dogs did it pretty well.
>>
>>317262269

I'm playing survival now, about 30 hours in. the only things that have given me trouble is the first deathclaw fight and sometimes legendary enemies. Haven't even touched the power armor. Get on my level faggots.
>>
anyone know how dafuq you get into Greenetech Genetics? much too large a building to just be for display
>>
>>317266004
oh really you're that good, oh hey, disable your console commands and come back in a week you weenie
>>
Who else is cheesing the game with Pikman's knife?
>>
>>317266106

Games easy, you're just bad. No cheats either faggot. Just kiting and looting things. There needs to be a mod to actually make the game hard. Not even joking. Can't imagine how easy this game is on anything below Very hard
>>
>>317265962
Metro did it as well.
>>
>>317264867
the last of us made it so that on harder difficulties, survivor and grounded, human enemies died in one hit, as did you, i'm pretty sure
>>
All those things are true until you get to about lvl 25, at which point you're an unstoppable juggernaut that steamrolls everything, even on survival.
>>
>>317262442
Haven't played the game, but I'm guessing
a) feral ghouls do a lot of melee damage, and
b) you have to get into melee range to deal melee damage yourself

So to be able to deal melee damage, you have to expose yourself to considerable incoming damage. This wouldn't apply to ranged weapons. I don't see any problem with this, though. There's a reason gunpowder weapons changed warfare forever.
>>
>>317262442
He's referring to survival difficulty, as implied by the op image.
>>
>>317262269
>>melee weapons are rendered completely unusable because you'll be taken out by a single unarmed feral ghoul before you do any substantial damage
literally get good faggot

every complaint is retarded because I'm going to assume you are on survival difficulty because then the complaints would at least be somewhat valid.

And the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future

these monsters and mutants are bound to be able to take a punch or two
>>
>>317266203
On my shitty specced, playing for the story first guy normal can get pretty fucking hectic.
>>
>>317262269
>clips
Kill yourself
>>
The only way this game would have worked is if enemies become bullet sponges. This game relies too heavily on the loot system. It is basically Diablo / Borderlands
>>
>>317266450
take your autistic bullshit back to /k/ with your retarded semantics
>>
>>317264204
How?
>>
>>317266471
So it's... what Destiny should have been?
>>
>>317265962
I think the original Deus Ex did it with the 'Realistic' setting, though the game shouldn't be played as a shooter in the first place.
>>
>>317262925
As you shouldn't, it's a good game.
>>
>>317266429
>taking a punch
>not soaking up 20-40 hits
>>
>>317263987
what mod.
>>
>>317265765

Fucking seriously.

>indulging my Lego autism and making a complex Sanctuary settlement
>houses are full of holes
>can't remove them
>brush, shrubbery everywhere
>can't remove them
>almost no settlements have flat land

Stop.
>>
>>317266573
He purposely injured himself to near death to show off the potential.

too bad this shit is outright useless if there are multiple enemies. enjoy reloading back to your previous save
>>
File: horror.jpg (50 KB, 345x262) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
50 KB, 345x262
>>317266614
>>
>>317262269
A ghoul kills you? Literally a case of "Git Gud". Theres a block button for a reason. Also, both the ripper and a high enough damage weapon; Deathclaw Gauntlet comes to mind; will let you knock a weapon out of an enemy's hands or cripple them.

In regards to enemies doing lots of damage? This is an issue on higher difficulties like Survival, but also workable. For one, high agility can let you either stealth kill, Or you can use Blitz to close the gap and rush enemies.

Theres also damage reduction perks that allow you to reduce damage normally and a second while sprinting.

Still not doing enough damage? Better Criticals will help you, but theres also perks to increase your melee or punching damage as well as bloody Mess that increases damage flat out by a smaller percent.

Don't talk to me bout melee being unusable. I've punched Deathclaws to death without power armor and have been meleeing since the start of the game.

That said, Melee builds do need to heal a LOT more frequently, but having dogmeat around helps considerably as well since he'll hold down an enemy long enough for you to get a few wacks in.
>>
File: DmC_Video_Game_Logo_2.png (166 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
DmC_Video_Game_Logo_2.png
166 KB, 250x309
>>317264867

Believe it or not, but this game did.
>>
>>317264086
probably the centuries of playing squatting in ruins.

if anything there needs to be way more trash and way less "Just as it was!"

It's been two fucking centuries. Sodas don't sit in a fridge for 2 centuries.
>>
>>317262269
>Waaah the early game is unforgiving
I will say there is limited viability in survival but it's not at all unbalanced, melee weapons can be utilized extremely well if you use your brain.

I bet you went full S/E build like a retard.
>>
>>317266721
oh okay i'll just bumrush for those high end items since the only way the build is viable is LMAO STEALTH CRITS and high end items.
>>
>>317266385
Ghouls are one of the easiest enemies in the game to deal with, especially as melee. If you block, you basically render their attacks ineffective. They're fast, but a blocked hit staggers them, giving you time to counter them. Not to mention the fact they don't block themselves if I remember right, and their limbs are prone to falling off regardless.

They are probably one of the easiest fights in the game as melee to be honest? They charge you, you block, they stagger, you smack em, rinse repeat one or two times and then they're dead.
>>
>>317267015
Stealth crits is only one way its viable. I've not even taken that route and I'm still fine. Fuck, I don't even have blitz yet and I'm somewhere around level 20 - 30 and still punching things to death.
>>
>>317262269

Been playing for a while on survival. Haven't used melee weapons, grenades/molotovs are rarely used so either you're exaggerating or just plain unlucky or bad at dodging things. Just because you don't have enough skill to kill a legendary enemy doesn't mean you have to fight them. Run away or into a house and come back later when you git gud. It's like you expect everything to be doable at all levels otherwise it's a bad game. It's called survival for a reason; you're not always meant to kill everything at all times. It took me till about 15 hours in before I could kill a single bear. Stop being a casual faggot and complaining when everything isn't handed to you on a silver platter.

>hurr melee doesn't work well on the hardest difficulty.

Well gee I wonder fucking why. Seriously can't tell if trolling or not.
>>
>>317266203
i know one game you cant beat on any difficulty
real life
you should pick up a copy if these video games are too easy for you
>>
>>317267370
Savage bantz.
>>
>>317266385

Ghouls don't do much damage at all. You can easily take 10+ hits before you die. Legendary and glowing ones are another story, but if you get in their range then you deserve to die.

Also

>giving your input when you haven't even played the game.
>>
>>317267341
It works fine, but it takes a bit of doing. Theres only a handful of fights which are ridiculously hard to do on survival while melee. Those are mostly legendary animals. Bear, Deer, Deathclaw specifically and mostly cause they have instant kill attacks which can be done if you're remotely near them and even that is doable if you have enough damage and cheese them a lil.
>>
So let me get this straight.

There's 5 types of armor in the game? Leather, raider, metal, combat and synth. No uniques, just legendaries that are just reskins. That's pretty fucking bad and no the customization doesn't make up for it.
>>
Melee builds are also shit because there is a bug with big league perk that once you put the final point in it, it actually gets rid of all your melee damage bonus
>>
>>317267769
You're forgetting that theres under-clothes/armor you can wear well.. Under your individual armor pieces as well as normal armor, which can only wear specific parts of armor. And yes, theres special/unique versions of those.
>>
>>317267923
They're not armor, they are clothing.
>>
whats a good sniper build? like perks and stuff
>>
>>317268010
No, theres armor too. Cage Armor for example.
>>
>>317262269

So you're complaining about the highest difficulty being too hard? What's the problem here?
>>
>>317268027
>50 cal sniper, pref two shot afix, marksman grip, mediu / long sight / silencer (important)
>Sneak 5 for staying undetected
>Ninja 3 for 5* sniper stealth damage
>Sandman 3 for 50% increase damage with silenced weapons
>Rifleman 5 for double damage with non automatic long arms
>Lone wanderer for 25% damage OR companion for Deacon who gives you some kind of rifles perk
>Bloody mess for extra damage (optional)
>Better criticals if you use VATS
>Theres another perk in the luck tree that lets you save up crits, it's optional for if you use VATS
>Sniper perk in Perception row, gives you better sniper handling (optional)
>A high Agility SPECIAL for extra sneak
>A high Perception for better accuracy
>>
File: 1434133057671-1.jpg (19 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1434133057671-1.jpg
19 KB, 256x256
>>317262269
Directly replying to those points:

Melee weapons aren't bad in Survival. That being said, I don't use a melee build, I simply just take advantage of the melee attack guns come with whenever an enemy is about to overpower me (ghouls, power armored foes). This stops them from shooting for a little bit. It's also useful because even a simple rifle beating can kill an enemy via fall damage -- I even have Cait with a bat that tosses enemies solely for this reason.

I die somewhat frequently, but I never thought the damage enemies deal was a big problem. Taking full advantage of the cover system, choosing good positions, and always aiming for the head have served me fairly well.

Molotovs are pretty crippling, agreed, but should they be any other way? They are easy to counter so long as the player is willing to move around to new positions.

Yes, cheesing is a big part of this mode, for better or for worse. Personally have had to cheese lots -- I've been doing high level quests since I was level 10 (Witchcraft, Quincy Ruins, Yangtze, etc). The most consistent cheesy strat I can think of is abusing map geometry to get insane sniper spots, but I don't get to do that often (it's time consuming in and of itself).

Cheesiest thing I ever did? Setting a myriad of different mines at Slag's feet during his cutscene so I could instakill him.

I don't have trouble with most of the super mutant legendaries I've encountered, mostly the Mirelurks, Deathclaws, and Raiders in advantageous positions.

I actually like survival mode quite a bit. I'm about 29 hours in and just hit level 21. Things would have been easier for sure if my build weren't shit (10 charisma) and I'd taken up perks like Idiot Savant and Scrounger early on. Oh well.
>>
File: ally.png (7 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
ally.png
7 KB, 300x360
>more HP
>harder
Thats why todd told us he based the game on destiny;
>>
>>317268518
I think high perception is optional for the most part, but depends highly on if you use VATS a lot or not. If not, then you can generally do without, since it only boosts your VATS accuracy.
>>
>>317268768
i think it'd be useful since i go between the two frequently
>>
>Melee

Completely broken once you get Power Armor + Super Sledge, in particular the unique variant or a lucky legendary.

>Unarmed

It's shit. Furious Power First from Swan is worth it early on and is barely trumped by the Deathclaw Gauntlet. Even at high levels and stacking multiple pieces of armor that have STR on them, I'm having a hell of a time staying alive.

Swapped over to a sneak crit build with 10m pistols and I'm melting shit left and right.

>Gunslinger
>Bloody Mess
>Lone Wanderer
>Ninja
>Sandman

>grab the Deliverer and start destroying legendary alpha deathclaws before it can even react on Survival difficulty
>>
>clips
>>
>>317262269
>Fallout NV hardcore mode
Pretty much the same game but with semi-realistic dificulty added like the need for food, hydration and sleep.

>Fallout 4 Survival Dificulty
>lel lets fuck up the dmg ratios
>>
>>317268825
Umarmed isn't bad, but you really need to get the power fist or deathclaw gauntlet before it even becomes decent. The slow attackspeed + shitty damage in general means fights get prolonged for too long, but once you have those you can usually cripple an enemy or smack their weapon away.

Naturally, stealth or blitz helps a LOT though with any melee build, as does the perk that gives you damage resistance for sprinting.
>>
>>317268518
Forgot to mention that there's a modifier when making armor to 'shadow' your armor, making sneaking easier. I have a full set on and enemies even during the day find it hard to see me, I can almost walk straight in front of them in broad daylight. I also have some of those sneaking skill books too.
>>
>>317269131
Unarmed is pretty bad without Penetrating Strikes, Slayer, and random crits.

New Vegas had the best setup for unarmed. The fact there's so few good unarmed weapons is very disappointing.
>>
>>317269004
>>317268761
This is every bethesda game ever since Oblivion or even earlier, I can't remember morrowinds difficulty settings.

Literally all they do is buffstats. Zero effort, done in an afternoon, NEVER CHANGES.

Obsidian remain the only developers to ever make difficulty meaningful in a Beth game.
>>
>Sneaking
>Shoot enemy with silenced 10mm
>[CAUTION]
>Enemies upstairs completely out of sight hear and come looking for me
This really triggers me, I just want to be a stealthy assasin and take them out one by one without being seen, but with every single fucking enemy encounter, there's a whole pack of them and they are impossible to take out without alerting the rest of the group.
>>
File: 1280087547892.png (425 KB, 704x696) Image search: [Google]
1280087547892.png
425 KB, 704x696
>>317265902
I just did this part and it was such bullshit. It took me like 20 minutes to figure out what to do with the rubble pile. Granted I haven't been messing with the settlement building shit, so that probably caused my confusion.

>The lady makes a statement about needing explosives.
>There's a missile launcher on the table.
>Try to blow up the rubble using various means - nothing happens except I hurt everyone in the room
>Notice the quest marker on the workbench
>Inside is a bag of fertilizer
>Think "do they want me to make some sort of explosive?" but don't see an option
>Finally just walk over there in construction mode and scrap it or whatever.

>mfw
>>
File: 1447136114004.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1447136114004.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>Use melee weapon
>Suddenly suicide super mutant
>>
>>317270248
It's not the fact you shot a weapon, it's the fact the death of their friend alerted them.

If an enemy is in view of another enemy and it gets killed, it does alert them.

Want to experiment? Try the Diamond City guards. You an kill one all by its lonesome and no one will be wiser, but kill him near someone and it alerts a lot of people.
>>
>>317266680
Psychojet, Med-x, bitch, do you use them?
>>
Fallout has always been about finding enemies weaknesses and.cheesing them once youre strong enough to do it to minimize damage or chem usage.

Im still only about 12 hours in mainly doing sidequests but I was able to clear a camp of about 4 legendary mutants and multiple other strong enemies with only me being.about level 15, with shit weapons still. My only good one is probably Righteous Authority fully upgraded with mods. I don't use power armor. Me and Piper cleared thr entire camp in about 10 minutes and 25 stimpacks and various chem/foods. I flet like.a boss after though it qas worth the struggle even if they didn't drip anything. Mad xps lol.

Im on Hard difficulty btw. No difficulty swapping, just used to Fallout and using Vats to your advantage like for instant reloads on last shots etc and slowdown/reduced.damage while in Vats itself.
>>
>>317270463
>Out of sight
>Shot with a silencer
The NPCs just know, it's like the fucking karma system
>>
File: 1446771477581.png (695 KB, 1031x562) Image search: [Google]
1446771477581.png
695 KB, 1031x562
>>317262546
>MFW when default Project Nevada options did it better with the PC not gaining any health point at level up and NPCs not gaining any hp at level up
>>
>>317270659
I've had little issues with the system. It makes sense for people to be alerted, otherwise I've had no issue, unless there's some unseen mechanic I'm not aware of.
>>
File: bravo todd.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bravo todd.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>317262613

this, as someone who has over 100 hours in the game now the enemies go down pretty quickly. and that's on survival, without even any weapon perks. just keep going OP, lower levels are the most fun part of the game
>>
>>317270526
Not really. In New Vegas you could destroy shit with a good plasma or laser build and cheese through most of the game without any issue.

Unarmed/Melee? No issue.

The only fuck up was messing with guns and dealing with armor until you got ArP bullets.
>>
>>317266429
>survival has many enemies that can be 100% crippled and still be alive
almost every single glowing one i've encountered ends up with no arms, no legs, just sitting there.
Its easy to do with deathclaws as well, except they just stay in spot with broken legs.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/333/?
>>
>>317262269
how about use your gun to cripple some limbs and then use your melee when they gots no shins?
>>
>>317270248
That's because you're playing a shooter. Bro stop trying to rpg where your big guns should be
>>
>>317262850
>tfw I wanted to go full tank melee so I dumped all points into STR/END, Toughness, Melee DMG
>Get to the Human Tree or whatever then get Pain Train
>Game is almost fun again
>Bashing into enemies and knocking them down, then whacking their heads off once they're staggered
>forget that there are like a billion cannon fodder enemies that will be a chore to stand there and swing a sword at while chugging psychojet and slamming stimpaks into my arm
>~killall
>next location
~killall
>next location
Soon I finished the game with all 3 endings and I've almost got all the fuckin steam achievements so I can wait a year and let mods fix this piece of trash.
>>
File: ScreenShot1391.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1391.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>317271373
Bingo. There's a time and place for being a stealthy assassin. Pic related.
>>
>>317271497
>Being this much of a casual
>>
>>317262269
>clips
>>
File: 1446023591511.png (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446023591511.png
5 KB, 300x300
>>
File: 1446023730972.png (109 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446023730972.png
109 KB, 300x300
It's a feature.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
i melee and kill deathclaws in 3 or 4 hits, one if i sneak up on it. op is just bitter he sucks at the easiest game this gen
>>
>>317271865
I think him not wanting to grind through a boring, garbage as fuck game isn't the same as being a casual. I think it's more that he just has a better taste in video games and doesn't want to waste his time with trash.
>>
File: Victory.jpg (83 KB, 1055x166) Image search: [Google]
Victory.jpg
83 KB, 1055x166
>Start new game
>Go big guns, because why not
>Get cryojet with Dogmeat because of 'LeL weapon fetching bug that was already in Fallout 3"
>Get to Concorde, do quests, let raiders do most damage possible on deathclaw
>Still have 1,200 5mm ammo
>Do Paladin Danse quest to get the junk jet
Why big guns so much easier to play in Fallout 4 than in Fallout 3?
>>
File: 1446750536318.png (40 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1446750536318.png
40 KB, 208x208
>>317269004

>increased food/sleep/hydration rates
>playing Dead Money with increased difficulty mods
>melee only with no substantial gun skill or perks
>chem addict

Most muh-immursion I've ever had in a video game.

>>317268740

Melee/Unarmed is always the way to go, but FO4 definitely does not give a lot of tools to melee at the beginning, but at least it made it interesting. That's really the only way to make this game interesting, at least for me. Everyone and their mom eventually gravitates towards a SNEAKY GUN BUILD which is the most boring shit I can possibly imagine in an already incredibly boring game.
>>
File: 1438187977671.png (103 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1438187977671.png
103 KB, 280x280
>>317272326
>Start new game
>In Fallout 4
>>
File: 49167833_p0.jpg (647 KB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
49167833_p0.jpg
647 KB, 1000x1300
>>317272518
Well, it's not really "starting a new game" More like loading the save before exiting the vault, because fuck the beginning.
>>
>>317272409
charisma build here. sneak is totally unimportant. you have enough tools to deal with anything solely by exploration.
>>
>>317271825
Fuck that place. I was clearing the Gunner area next to it and Forged assholes started rushing over there to kill me.
>>
>I play on survival and do mostly unarmed combat
>the only thing I couldn't punch to death so far were the mirelurk queens
why do people complain melee and unarmed are useless?
>inb4 they don't use power armor
>>
>>317265902
Sweet looking Castle anon, I dig it.
>>
>>317272326
This is a game that give you PA at the second town, what do you expect? They dont even bother make missile/nuke/nades drops rare at all.
>>
Incredibly important poll

http://strawpoll.me/6055475/r
>>
>>317273005
because you have to think for the first time in an unmodded Bethshit game.
>>
>>317270061
Alright lemme rephrase, its not so bad its unplayable. But it is hard as balls especially on the early levels. And yeah, theres hardly any decent unarmed weapons, and for some ungodly reason they're all medium speed. Why the fuck are brass knuckles 'medium' but a knife can be very fast? I can sorta understand for the gauntlet/power fist, but knuckles?

That said, the upper tier of knuckles is I think equal to the sledge at least.
>>
>>317267552
>if you get in range then you deserve to die
>post specifically talks about playing as a melee on survival
ha
>>
>>317273321
>post the results
>>
>>317273321
>linking result
you fked up.
>>
>>317273321
>/r
Retard.
>>
50 hours into the game already and I only now found out about this Survival mode.

Fuck.

Worth starting over or is it just a pain in the ass?
>>
File: ScreenShot673.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot673.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>317272409
I wasn't aware. Yeah, I don't like going for sneaky gun builds so much either, I like a mix of picking people off before rushing in blazed on PsychoJet and Bufftats. That being said, for sure, sneak isn't everything in this game. People just think it is because of the damage multiplier.
>>
>>317266787
it just copied what the actually good DMC games did
>>
>>317273481
its the same game, but you die quicker and it takes longer to kill enemies. No food or water requirements, enemies just take longer to kill
>>
>>317273481
you can just switch to it, makes the enemies hit harder and take a bit more damage to kill but it spawns more legendary if you're into that whole unique weapon thing
>>
>>317273481
Its nothing worth starting over with.Enemies take less damage and dish out more damage, but the higher difficulty you use, the more legendaries appear. And survival I think is the hardest there is, so you're constantly bumping into them.
>>
>>317273481
Depends.
You can change it from the menu anytime.
It's not hardcore mode from new vegas, no food/sleep/water shit, just meaner and smarter enemies with more legendary loot.
Personally I find it balance, but i dont limit myself to build and use every tricks in the book.
>>
>>317273401
>>317273435
>>317273438
just remove the r
>>
>>317273571
Honestly I find sneaking around boring and tedious.

Sure it's easy to pop in and out of cover with a rifle and pop off shots to off enemies, but it doesn't beat running in with a supersledge and that feeling when you smash everyones brains in
>>
>>317265902
>also flashlight replacement for pip boy light when

You can get a mining helmet that works like the power armor headlamp but it looks goofy as fuck.
>>
>>317262269
>Melee has 3 perks that actually do things for it offensively
>you are forced to take damn near every defensive perk you can to survive the hail of bullets that will be flung at you from every corner
>There are 2 decent fist weapons, and only a few decent melee weapons
>You need 9 fucking agility to use Blitz when its fucking mandatory to even attempt a melee playstyle
>Zero explosive immunity perks so you die to missles/grenades/nukes/whatever because bethesda is shit
>Super mutant suiciders are a flat out fuck you to melee
>Ghouls are absolutely obnoxious to deal with when they lunge past the frame-rate to swipe you and then lay on the ground.
>Lack of melee perks from previous games for no reason other than Bethesda is embarressed that Obsidian made a better game than them.
>>
>>317273790
No. I'm not going to put in extra effort to vote in your shitty strawpoll. Learn to post properly or fuck off.
>>
So I completed the main quest with the Brotherhood, and I pretty much want to leave them out of grief/my job being done. I told Father I would make sure any surviving scientists/synths would be well treated. Is there any way I can get ex-Institute, Synths and Ghouls etc to come to Sanctuary, Broken Hills style? I just want to atone for all that I've done.
>>
>>317273870
>he doesn't use power armor
>>
>>317262269
Get the fuck good
I'm playing on survival and the game is so fucking easy. I've started using the 2076 World Series bat just because all my guns make the game too easy
I dropped a Legendary Deathclaw Matriarch yesterday just because I could. In 3 and NV I avoided deathclaws like the plauge because they were fucking tough.
Behemoths, too.
>>
The only thing annoying about Ghouls and melee is that, even if you block their attacks, you still take radiation damage. Other than that they're easy as hell to predict. Luckily you can heal radiation at doctors for cheap, but I'm always tempted to fight Ghouls in the hazmat suit for this reason.

Turrets have been giving me the most trouble with a melee build. I've learned to just leave them alone whenever possible.
>>
>>317266060
It's a quest dungeon. Wait, until you get the quest
>>
>>317264867
Metro did

I never even played either on anything but ranger.
>>
By level 32 on Survival, it pretty much feels like Normal with slightly more damage.

Having a double shot 10mm also helps a bit. Definitely helped lighten my load. No longer have to carry 4 or 5 weapons.
>>
>>317273870
Blitz is anything but mandatory, VATS without it still has some reach. Blitz just makes melee fucking awesome.
>>
>>317274006
>having to be saddled to a shitty mechanic to even play the way you want to
>Its based around a consumable system so you literally can't do it until you have collected a stockpile of cores
Fuck off
>>
>>317274016
>Avoiding deathclaws in NV when you have access to Turbo and Slasher stacking with Psycho
You can literally kill the whole quarry with just one shot of turbo.
>>
What are some of the best melee weapons guys?

Just found the Grognak axe in the comic book store and it's pretty decent. Haven't found any supersledges at all yet.
>>
>>317262269

>playing a game on a harder difficulty when all it does is arbitrarily make everything stronger and you way weaker

"How to make your game feel like shit" -Todd Howard

If I ever grab F4 it's going to be played on Normal forever, fuck that stupid damage multiplier bullshit.. the laziest possible way to make a game harder.

Survival should have been like STALKERS "Master", everything is very dangerous, including yourself.
>>
>>317273870
Theres a luck perk that can cause projectiles to be flung back at enemies. Also you can destroy them if you VATS attack em, but I'm not sure if thats doable in Melee.

Blitz or Stealth are pretty handy, but not needed. Dogmeat on the other hand is kinda VERY much needed, specifically for suiciders.

Theres more perks than 3 that are handy for melee as well.

Just block when Ghouls get near. Their lunge will always get blocked and they'll do no damage.
>>
>>317274263
I'm level 41 and I haven't found a single sledge and only 1 powerfist outside of swans.
>>
>>317274220
I literally started using my power armor when I had 5 cores, after 2 hours I had 17

plus once you get to level 25 they start spawning in random containers, and if you have the money you can buy them from any weapon merchants, there's literally no reason to not use power armor as a melee character other than being a little bitch
>>
>>317267769
I believe there's variations on combat armor. Like there's a light, medium and heavy version. Still shit though
>>
>>317274178

>Ranger mode with HUD and without HUD

based as fuck

I still wish you could check ammo easier, it was a little silly to not have any semblance of ammo count outside of a little tunnel town.

Metro is so good god damn.
>>
>>317262269
Shit like that has always annoyed me about games.

Can't figure out how to do decent a.i? Make sure they can take enough bullets to kill a small army.

Enemy has a weak point? Even when you hit that, enemy still takes enough damage to kill 10 people.

Enemy has pin point accuracy with thrown weapons no matter distance.

Enemy can one shot you at any moment. You need a special skill or a beyond lucky critical to do the same to them.

Start game with all kinds of crazy skills enemy thunks you on the head you are now back to throwing fag punches and kicks.

Enemy has infinite ammo while allive, kill them they drop 10 bullets.. so he had infinity.. AND 10.

Enemy, has super crazy weapon. When you kill him you can't pick said weapon up.

Enemy is using an assault rifle while alive loot their dead body.. they have a shot gun and pistol ammo.
>>
>>317274390
Using power armor feels like a crutch, in my opinion. Plus I feel way more badass punching people to death without it.
>>
>>317272965
It's a pain in the ass on survival as a low level. The damage from flames + miniguns is overwhelming, and the area is surprisingly devoid of cover. Funny how sniping the outside of the camp was actually harder than the inside of the compound (except Slag of course).

>>317273793
I like using the cover system to actively fight, because some enemies are very good at flanking and making the fights more intense. Just wish enemies would flank more and use grenades more tactically. Nothing beats beating a power armorer to death with a mix of pistol whips, rapid fire, and Ultra Jet though. Every little attack matters at that range.
>>
How is the modding in the game?
Can I make every female a futa yet?
>>
>>317274263
I alternate between the axe and a bladed bat for now. I've seen supersledges for sale by merchants, but fuck buying weapons I'm going to find my own.

I've heard good things about the unique world series bat, not sure how good it is but the chance to send enemies flying sounds fun.
>>
>>317262269
Git gud
>>
>>317274303
3 perks that are offensive.

Blitz is needed considering everything tries to run from you and if you aren't sprinting with the DR perk you are getting chewed up for jogging.

There are helpful defensive perks but they are all very high up in the trees so you need far more stat-investment than any fuckface with a gun

Ghouls are never in a situation where there is just one of them so you can block and counter. You will always have to deal with a handful, so while you block one 2 more are slapping your asshole.

Bottom line is Bethesda was lazy as fuck and on top of that they decided people should only use guns.
>>
>>317274508
the power armor arms are the best unarmed weapons in the game though, and beside the jet pack and the pain train perks are both mighty useful as a melee user since it allows you to get to your enemies and deal damage to them at the same time
>>
What does NMA think of Fallout 4?
>>
>>317274461

Oh god trigger me harder you double nigger.

>Enemy has infinite ammo while allive, kill them they drop 10 bullets.. so he had infinity.. AND 10

I god damn hate this bullshit so much holy fuck, couldn't possibly have at least one magazine full could you.

It's made worse when the AI doesn't even need to reload, forget actually running out completely or needing to switch guns.
>>
>>317274757
>It's made worse when the AI doesn't even need to reload, forget actually running out completely or needing to switch guns.
Modders will come to the rescue on that one.
>>
>>317274613
I've played for like three days straight without it. Its not needed, but its handy to have.

Endurance 1 is enough for flat out damage reduction, but the sprinting one is kinda high I will admit, and the Luck one is very high.

Your block can block more than one hit, you know. and theres tons of situations where you can only trigger one or two ghouls at a time. If you're triggering too many, start using stealth a little.

Also if you zig and zag enemies will have a harder time hitting you, use stealth and cover to get closer. Also having Dogmeat around helps immensely for closing the gap since he can hold them down. You can also tell Dogmeat to target an enemy and use him as a distraction while you rush up.
>>
>>317262269
holy fuck you really need to git gud
>>
File: zS2tjl5.png (464 KB, 610x488) Image search: [Google]
zS2tjl5.png
464 KB, 610x488
>>317271825
i did this last night on survival and it made me want to fucking kill myself

i had to kill like 3 supermutants, BoS showed up and they all died instantly, then a gang of at least 7 or 8 raiders from behind me and then a fucking gunner vertibird and a group of them too

i had to quicksave cheese so fucking hard and on top of that my 970 chugged at 40 FPS the whole time too

jeesus
>>
>>317274660
I'm fairly sure thats wrong. The deathclaw gauntlets alone do way more damage.
>>
>>317262269
The worst sin is nurfing the shit out of the .50
>>
>>317265765

There's dozens of people just milling about in my settlements, why the FUCK can I not just tell some of them to starting cleaning some shit up, why the fuck does everything HAVE to dilapidated and rusted and shit looking?
>>
>>317274970
>having to use stealth as a crutch to make melee even work
Didn't have to in NV, you shouldn't have to here.

Sprint is too high, standing still one is okay considering strength, but Blitz is too fucking good to ignore and it has no business being that high in AGI. Luck 10 to get reflect is fucking stupid.
>>
File: lel.gif (997 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
997 KB, 500x332
>>317262269
>there are people who are so bad at video game they actually get rekt by a Bethesda casualized game

Holy shit
>>
>>317274263
You missed a Grognak item, maybe. Didn't even know there was an Axe there, actually.

>>317274568
That unique is so fucking fun. I'm not sure if it works on bigger enemies, but there's nothing quite as satisfying as having your companion home run a legendary so you can casually follow up with a shotgun curbstomp as they try to get back up. The stun time is enough that even a weak home run can save your life. Don't know if it's worth personally using though.
>>
>>317274263
Super sledge, ripper, and deathclaw fist are the best melee weapons I've found.
>>
what's the most enjoyable difficulty setting?
>>
>>317262269
need mods but once we have them, best option will be realistic damage, you die quick but so do they
>>
File: 1402307343531.jpg (34 KB, 484x461) Image search: [Google]
1402307343531.jpg
34 KB, 484x461
>>317273321
>CURIE
>>
>>317272169
So why even play it?
>>
>>317275189
You're not playing NV though? And its not even made by the same company. Learn to adapt.
>>
>game glitched so the giant bos flying ship didn't spawn when it's supposed to
>bos questline was about the only thing i really wanted to do so far
god dammit todd
>>
>>317262269
Learn to block and utilize VATS you scrub. If survival is too hard, just change it. Or be like the casual downloading the mods that makes survival as easy as easy setting.
>>
>>317266418
I'm playing on survivial difficulty with 3 points in strength and 2 in endurance, I can punch out ghouls no problem with my powerfist. Blocking, timing your punches and stunlocking are things OP needs to get good at.
>>
>>317275278
easy or normal with only clothing, no armor
emulates high damage mods, both you and your enemies die quicker which is how it should be
>>
>>317264867
Wolfenstein the new order had pretty good difficulty.

I dont know exactly what it changed but enemies died very easily and so did you.
>>
>>317262269
Bitch, I'm running a melee-centric character, and I'm doing better than ever before. Managed to kill Swan around level 15 with nothing but a bladed aluminum bat, a molotov to get him out of the water, and some drugs. Maybe you should invest in Endurance as well as the Toughness and Lone Wanderer perks.
>>
>>317275541
>he thinks every fallout games are quick death game
spot the pleb.
>>
>>317269004
But Hardcore wasn't hard, you just had to faff about drinking, eating and sleeping.

Survival difficulty can actual be difficult at certain points but it's balanced by you getting a fuckton of legendary weapons.
>>
>>317275680
>needing legendarieson survival
>>
>>317275278
I'm playing on Survival, with a mod that brings my damage back up to 1x. Difficulty is perfect as long as you don't abuse sneak perks. Sneak damage makes the game really easy.
>>
>>317275680
you mean legendary armor
>oh boy a legendary right leg metal armor
>let's put it with the other 10 legendary pieces of right leg armor I got
>>
>>317275262
Yeah, just inside the front door, there's a display case with the axe.

Found the little loin clothe thing also, pretty cool.
>>
File: B1SoVkfCAAE7-br.png (76 KB, 541x639) Image search: [Google]
B1SoVkfCAAE7-br.png
76 KB, 541x639
>get boxing gloves
>deal more damage than bare fists
Okay Bethesda.
>>
>>317266667
The one that sets your damage to 200% aswell, you can also go 300% if you really want.

Gives you that nice ranger hardcore feel
>>
>>317275663
>he can't read or write
spot the illiterate
>>
>>317273481
Just change it in the menu, no reason to start over.
>>
>>317275864
>in a game with supermutants and ghouls
Okay Bethesda
>>
>>317272159
Maybe stop playing on normal mode.
>>
>>317275959

>Essential plot elements which are laboriously explained is the same as a padded glove inexplicably being a lethal weapon.
>>
>>317264765
>does more damage the lower
>not giving you the fucking numbers
It so fucking infuriating. They started this shit with Skyrim
>>
>>317275810
got a link for that mod?
>>
>>317275925
>the best fallout experience is a not-fallout experience
>>
>playing bethesda games on any difficulty other than normal
>>
Anyone know how to make Danse wear his helmet?
>>
>>317276157
>playing bethesda games
>>
>>317274263
I forget the place's name, but there's a construction site with a ton of raiders, and when you go deeper into the site, you find lots of feral ghouls you can't shoot because the place is flooded with gasoline. Then you find an underwater tunnel with pic related at the end.

Also, pic related isn't mine. I just grabbed that image off the internet. Mine does like 109 base damage.
>>
>>317275810
>1x instead of 0.75x
>>
>>317276189
press T
>>
>>317264867
Far Cry 2 with Dylan's mod
>>
>>317264867
Metro, STALKER
>>
>>317275680
RNG is a big factor in how hard survival is. I haven't gotten many legendary weapons worth bragging about. Most of my best weapons are just normals with unusually good mods. Things like a .50 cal bolt action pipe rifle.
>>
File: f4.png (400 KB, 997x558) Image search: [Google]
f4.png
400 KB, 997x558
>>317276210
Also, I forgot pic related
>>
>>317276323
Can you mod it?
>>
>>317274459
theres a button you can hold down to view ammo count i think. its been awhile
>>
>>317265946
You have to kill the railroad if you side with anyone but them and minutemen
>>
>>317276323
>poison weapons are mean looking
Fucking tasteless american devs
>>
>>317276438
Yes
>>
>>317276323
>39
>exceptional
???
>>
>legendary automatic weapon with 20% chance to cripple
absolutely fantastic
>>
>>317275278
Survival. How and when it's hard is completely dependant upon your build. I did a Charisma/Luck with 1 in Strength, Endurance and Agility. Managed to survive decently up until around lv.30, then I started to get my shit kicked in, but now when I'm above 50 I'm getting an advantage again.

Fuck Paladins and having to take so fucking many critical strikes with Fat Man to the head to die.
>>
>>317276516
I have one of these.

It makes every boss fight a complete joke.
>>
>>317264867
METRO did It with ranger mode, but ranger mode wasn't really any harder than normal mode.
>>
I've never played a Fallout game.

Are there revolvers in it?
>>
>>317265902
How do you repair the castle?
>>
>>317276668
There are, but they don't get a lot of love.
Then again, you could say that about most games.
>>
File: 1342060532655.jpg (157 KB, 320x720) Image search: [Google]
1342060532655.jpg
157 KB, 320x720
Is survival mode super shit?
>>
>>317276125
yes? are you really denying this is the case? EVERY bethesda engine game has to be modded to make it fun, the default mechanics are always bullshit. fuck, look at oblivion, the default level scaling is a fucking mess, you at least need ooo to get rid of it or francesca's to fix it.
>>
>>317276668
Yes, but they're scarce as hell for some reason. Compared to every other weapon at least.
>>
>>317276668
play new vegas to be a gunslinger cowboy
>>
>>317276668
If you want revolvers play NV
>>
>>317276862
>tfw finding the .44
I'm happy.
>>
>>317276798
This isnt the case with f4 unfortunately
It is very in line with how combat in f1 2 feel. every extra edge is a great help.
>>
>>317276928
The .44 sucks. It has the least amount of mods of any other firearm. It's not even that powerful.
>>
>>317276504
Guy who took the picture probably has awful str and no ranks in melee damage.

I'm playing a melee character and it does around 140 damage.
>>
>>317276504
> Putting points into perks giving you more weapon damage
Spotted the casual. Bet you don't even play on Survival.
>>
>>317277156
Oh well that sucks. When I found it it was the most powerful gun so far. I just had 20 rounds of it only so couldn't use much.
>>
>>317277245
>gimp yourselves for muh hardcore
>>
File: 1447195137901.jpg (44 KB, 708x708) Image search: [Google]
1447195137901.jpg
44 KB, 708x708
>>317277245
playing on survival makes investing in those perks more useful than on any other difficulty. explain what you mean
>>
>>317277087
the idea they're going for is to be able to play the game the way you want to. for me, i like it when guns feel dangerous. i don't want to be a walking tank but sitting there shooting the same enemy for a week isn't fun either. i like battles to be quick and dangerous for both sides. maybe it's just personal preference, but i've seen plenty of other people who like to play this way, too.
>>
>>317265946
how the fuck did you progress in the brotherhood arc. I've been stuck doing side missions and i've literally done 30 of them and NOTHING
>>
File: 1448034348426.gif (80 KB, 170x207) Image search: [Google]
1448034348426.gif
80 KB, 170x207
>>317264086

>pile of rubble degraded to almost nothing
>centuries old cardboard egg carton still perfectly intact
>>
File: TheyDeservedIt.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TheyDeservedIt.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>317265946

Fuck the Railroad, ignorant race traitors
>>
>>317277401
There's no point in the game where you actual need that extra damage, even on survival. Said points could be put into stuff that lets you do more fun stuff, like pacifying enemies or building shit.
>>
>>317276323
Baby's nail.png
>>
>>317277565
i agree with your position, but you also have to take into consideration that METRO/STALKER/ETC and their ranger modes operate on completely different stealth and action mechanics.

not only this, but when using a 3x/3x mod etc to simulate ranger mode in fallout 4, all you're going to do is make the game piss easy, make ammunition, weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, and perks related to these completely pointless. why bother getting % damage increase perks, increase ammo perks, increase crit perks, etc when you kill everything in 2 shots anyway? if that's how you want to play the game, then by all means, and if this were not fallout 4 we were talking about, i would agree with you completely that RANGER is one of the best ideas for difficulty scaling to be used in a video game.
>>
>>317262269
Is there a mod out yet that instead of building new buildings it repairs the houses in Sanctuary?
I don't want brand new, just have them fixed up with scrap. I think it would look much better
>>
>>317277775
Calm down, Paladin.
>>
>>317277610
Have you access to the Institute yet? Have you done the quest where you download info from their computer yet? Take it back from whoever you gave it to and give it to the BoS instead.

Recruit Li for BoS. Help building the robot. Then you're on your way doing their arc.
>>
>>317277775

>Room is literally the haunted basement from Oblivion with a differently shaped dais.
>>
>Bethesda made the supressor the final and best muzzle upgrade for every weapon
>Todd wants everyone to be a sneaky sniper
Fuck you Todd the upgrade system was meant to give build variety not push everyone into the same role.
>>
>>317277809
i dont know what survival mode you played on, but everything from super mutants to bloodflies are complete bullet sponges and this game offers less ammunition per combat than even a game like METRO does. i'm 9 or so hours in and have about 25 .44 rounds and the shop in DC doesn't even offer to sell them, etc. while i agree with your line of thought that passive bonuses are boring af and that perks like some in the charisma tree make for a much more interesting time, survival difficulty certainly does make getting those % damage increases practical choices for your perk points. i'm talking about survival difficulty throughout the whole game, not after level 30 where you already have all your shit ultra-upgraded and armed to the teeth in legendaries.
>>
Sneak melee with the Silver Shroud armour is fun as fuck
>>
>tfw can't decide if I should go with the BoS or the Institute
>>
>>317270343
You were confused because its completely different ingame logic.
Its 4th wall breaking in a way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.