[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 is a disgrace. Shouldn't even be considered canon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: AOFALLOUT4_CVR_SOL.0.jpg (346 KB, 1800x2375) Image search: [Google]
AOFALLOUT4_CVR_SOL.0.jpg
346 KB, 1800x2375
https://www.change.org/p/bethesda-game-studios-request-bethesda-to-sell-or-discontinue-fallout-franchise?source_location=petitions_share_skip

(Part 1)

Before I say anything or start to go into reviewing Fallout 4 I would like to stress that this game was easily one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. The level of character development and actual story is so poor that it feels like a cheap HD mod with skyrim lighting. I'm completely disgusted that this is what Bethesda is calling 'Fallout' it's more like a miscarried child of the original series than a sequel.

The game carries some good points but it quickly goes downhill as it becomes instantly apparent that Bethesda doesn't know what story development is or how to pace a game. Right off the bat the game starts you off with zero love for your own or the other characters, you're thrust into a world that you don't really feel involved in and you're just supposed to 'roll with it'.

20 minutes into the game the developers thought it was a genius idea to give you the strongest armor in the game (Power armor) and a minigun with almost zero effort on your part, which you then use to kill a single deathclaw. While being able to kill a deathclaw was cool, I felt as if that entire event should have taken place after hours of game time later instead of 20 minutes in. After you obtain the power armor there's literally nothing higher that you can get with the exception of a couple different attachments and like 2 different types of armor that makes you slightly more OP.

The entire layered armor system was pointlessly added since you can simpily march around in the power armor all the live long day slaying deathclaws and anything that gets in your way. I'm honestly wondering what the developers were thinking when they dropped something like that into the game that early on. Even worse when that's the 3rd best set of armor in the game TWENTY MINUTES IN!
>>
(part 2)

It doesn't get any better after the first 20 minutes, trust me I have over 40 hours. You'll spend most of your time stomping around in power armor wasting everything in your path and looting poorly lit buildings with excessive amounts of goodies inside. There is zero struggle in this game, even turning up the difficulty doesn't make the abundance of items any less. Fallout:NV had more to do than this hunk of garbage. Even when you do finally reach one of the four available factions the interaction feels so forced and hollow that you really don't give a crap about the characters or what happens to them.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT SHODDY EXCUSE FOR DIALOGUE OPTIONS.

I finished the game and have no intention of even attempting the side missions. They're all the same crap asking you to fetch things and kill stuff, there's no story even attempted. It's like the developers spent all their time developing the rarely used settlement system and game world and forgot to put in the actual game mechanics. Stuff never works right, riddled with bugs from getting stuck on things to the game running two times faster at 144Hz.

Bethesda I highly suggest you bring back Obsidian if you ever intend to make a sequel. Unless you actually allow them to develop it I will never purchase another fallout game again.

Want fallout 4? Buy Wasteland 2. Enough said.
>>
>>316849209
That being said, would you rather have it win GOTY or Undertale?
>>
>>316849209
>Shouldn't even be considered canon

Stopped reading there. Back to your butthurt containment site, codexnigger.
>>
>>316849209
you can cry about it all you want, cant stop me from me from playing and fuckin my french robot waifu at the same time you fuckin kekold
>>
>>316849278

That depends in what category you're going to be ranking them in.

Undertale had a nice retro vibe to it and a nice story.

While Fallout 4 had pretty solid game play followed by God awful story.

In that respect it's more preference than anything else, I don't know.
>>
But I like it.
>>
This amount of butthurt, it is off the scale.
>>
File: 1371278881355.png (50 KB, 404x254) Image search: [Google]
1371278881355.png
50 KB, 404x254
>>316849209
didn't read baka desu senpai
>>
>>316849473

And that's fine, opinions are opinions. I gave this game a fair chance, could have been done way better.

Bethesda needs to calm down with the immense amount of streamlining they're pumping into this franchise.
>>
>>316849620

eh. alright.
>>
lmao
>>
File: Novel Dickens.png (18 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
Novel Dickens.png
18 KB, 240x200
>>316849209
>>316849257
>>
>>316849209

No.
>>
CALL THE COPS
THIS GAME'S A FLOP
>>
>>316849209
>www.change.org
literally petition master race
>>
testing. testing. testing.
>>
File: 1356056091744.jpg (95 KB, 600x796) Image search: [Google]
1356056091744.jpg
95 KB, 600x796
Fallout is already dead as an RPG series. The franchise only serves as a theme now for Bethesda's Gamebryo exploration games, where the philosophy is "Go anywhere, do anything, nothing can stop your fun!".
>>
>>316850526
Goddammit, why did moot or hiro get rid of double and triple spacing after periods? I want to know who the salty old-ass faggots who learned to type on a typewriter are.
>>
>>316849209
The autism is strong.
>>
Don't forget Jet now being a pre-war drug.
>>
starting a petition is the ultimate way to be a whiny bitch
>>
>>316849257
>Expecting Obsidian to save anything after they shat out the abomination that was Pillars of Eternity
>>
>>316851053
No, no I think whining about people starting petitions is the ultimate way of being a whiny bitch, anon.
>>
fallout 4 is shit
but tl;dr
>>
>>316849517
We're reaching tumblr-tier triggered levels
>>
>Petition for Bethesda to choose to stop making money hand over fist despite releasing a half-ass product
>>
The Institute never even explains why it develops AI in the first place, like that will never be a problem in the future.

Why does the institute hate the above ground world?

Do they just expect me to live underground forever doing nothing?

The Brotherhood of Steel doesn't even explain what its code is and expects compete loyalty and obedience after recruiting me.

Fucking retarded storyline, faction expects me to just jump on their dick as soon as I encounter them.
>>
>>316849209
Awesome game, I love it.
>>
>>316849209
it crashes 24/7 for me due to "drivers" so yeah i bought an AMD 390 hopefully getting ready of the jewvidia on my computer.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.