[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this game. It's so.... SOOOO slow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Fuck this game. It's so.... SOOOO slow
>>
Lost World is the result of Sonic Team trying to copy the success of Nintendo's modern platformers without actually understanding why they're enjoyable.

Fun Fact: the giant springs that launch you from one planetoid to another are actually referred to within the game's files as launch stars.
>>
I fucking hated it, then I started pretending I'm playing a Mario game and it became much better.
But it's a mediocre game nonetheless.
>>
File: satan elmo.gif (845 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
satan elmo.gif
845 KB, 299x300
Seriously when I saw this appear on steam I torrented just to try before i put money down and fuck. This is shadow the hedgehog levels of slow. Did they learn nothing from Generations?

FUCK SLOW
>>
>>316838598
I thought it was gonna be like Generations... I thought hey know the diffrence between success and failure. But no. Sega doesn't like money
>>
>>316838598
>Did they learn nothing from Generations?

A majority of the people who worked on Generations are developing the 25th anniversary game.

Lost World was developed by the same group who worked on Colors.
>>
>>316837702
Slow is fine, the original 2D games were also slow games with doses of speed thrown in. The problem is the platforming is not very fun, so it's slow and boring.
>>
>>316837702
i torrented, and i actually like it, even more than generations.
im gonna buy it when its a little bit cheaper
>>
>>316839195
Oh wow I didn't know this. Hopefully we get something like Generations again but with more level variety.
>>
Not a fan of the "alternate" paths in this game
Just walking down the opposite side of a tube.

Very challenging.
>>
>>316837702
This whole thread is going to fill to the brim with speed-freaks, who think they like gameplay, but what they actually like is watching 3D rollercoasters.

Enjoy yourselves.

Most fun I have had with Sonic since Sonic 2. It is an actual platforming game with gimmicks that work.
>>
>>316839195
Colors was good too. The entire reason the game is slow was because some retarded fuck at Sega decided they wanted to change up the formula after Generation's success.
>>
>>316839545
>Hopefully we get something like Generations again but with more level variety.

Not happening. The reason Lost World's gameplay was so different from Generations' is because Sonic Team was tired of having to develop levels that were several miles long in order to compensate for how fast Sonic would run with the boost.

I'd expect the next game to be similar to Lost World with more fluid parkour and a higher level of polish considering it's probably been in development for at least three years now.
>>
>>316840432
I don't trust Sega to do that after Adventure -> Adventure 2 -> Sonic 06.
And Sonic Advance 1 -> 2 -> 3.
They don't have the best track record for improving their old formula. At least not after the original trilogy.
>>
>>316840242
>Colors was good too.
It really wasn't, it was blocky as shit and the blue wisp is probably the worst wisp in the game.

Colors DS had stages that looked more like they belonged in a Sonic game.
>>
>>316837702

Git gud?
>>
>>316837702
Wii or 3DS?
>>
>>316840753
>it was blocky as shit
As opposed to hold square to win?

You're complaining about the game requiring platforming skills?
>>
>>316840642
But then there's Unleashed > Colors > Generations. so there's potential.
>>
>>316840642
>And Sonic Advance 1 -> 2 -> 3.

Sonic Team didn't develop the Advance series. That was Dimps.
>>
a slow sonic game is unacceptable
>>
>>316840915
>Boost to win meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87DecNcHMk
>>
>>316840818
Git gud? I'm not saying i'm bad in this game you retarded. The game is fucking easy. I'm saying that is boring as hell
>>
>>316840242
>>316840753
So Generations is better than Colors? Haven't played it yet but I liked Colors.
>>
>>316842360
Generations is considered by most people to be the best Sonic game in the past 15 or so years. Get it on PC if you can so you have access to the modding community's levels.
>>
>>316842505
I'll try the demo when the parts for my new PC come in. Been interested for a while but if it was just Colors-tier I wasn't in a hurry to play it.
>>
>>316842313
If you don't know, hold the spin-dash to full charge, proceed to let go and then press the button again to go at full speed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EzgPTsjVU
Posting best music here.,
>>
>>316842823
It's still slow
>>
>>316843372
It's not that bad if you don't double jump out of it.

It allows you to go at that speed from the second you land, instead of having to be really slow.
>>
>>316843372
this

No boost, no buy. Even if the next game is bad but still has boost I'll buy it. Playing sonic games now without the boost is a joke. If the characters trait and niche is that hes super fast, make it fucking look like it in the games.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.