[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what does /v/ think of Left 4 Dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 280x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 280x389
Now that the dust has settled, what does /v/ think of Left 4 Dead?
>>
>>316837560
would be decent if the weapons wouldnt feel like made of plastic
>>
it's tedious bullshit. TLOU is 10x better
>>
I enjoy it but they introduced way too many game modes in l4d2 and I really hate all of the gauntlet sections in l4d2, they almost always come down to if you got lucky enough with boomer biles and shit like that and remove a lot of skill.

Also the verses was a cool concept that gets ruined by tryhard faggots.
>>
only fps i could tolerate
>>
>>316837560
>Now that the dust has settled

nigga it's been 7 years
>>
>>316837560

Had a great time with the first, didn't get into the second until 2012 and by then most of the players were gone. Many fond memories playing L4D1, wouldn't mind a L4D3 at all.
>>
File: 1441473418738.png (26 KB, 238x231) Image search: [Google]
1441473418738.png
26 KB, 238x231
>>316838162
That's the joke, friend.
>>
File: 1441739975925.jpg (20 KB, 230x315) Image search: [Google]
1441739975925.jpg
20 KB, 230x315
>>316838569
heh
>>
L4D2 was literally the biggest fuck you to the audience in the entire video game history.
>>
>>316838869
But hey, it's ok when Valve does it.
>>
>>316838869
nothing wrong with the game, shame aobut no updates and hats
>>
>>316838869
why? I enjoyed it. it wasn't as good as l4d1, but it was ok. almost any game is ok if it has a co-op
>>
a good game that would be fun if it wasn't for the fucking community

jesus christ
>>
>>316837560
The dust has yet to settle,anon
>>
>>316838965

It's not? Were you really not alive when it was announced? HUGE deal, the boycotting of it, etc.

>>316839168
>No updates
>Brought over the entirety of L4D1 to L4D2's updated engine

>>316839212

It was how close they were released to each other.
>>
>>316837560
My first real multiplayer PC game, besides TF2.

It was just so much fun to run around and spam the binded "scream" voice command as Zoey and "TANK!" as bill and other characters.

I shit my pants the first time I was playing as the infected and became the tank.

Just hours and hours of fun really. I'm staring at the physical DVD-rom copy as I'm typing this.
>>
File: 1425177695688.gif (395 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1425177695688.gif
395 KB, 200x150
>>316837560
>25 damage pounces
>pouncing off from the roof the largest tower and feel all that adrenaline pump as you hit the survivor
The feeling was so euphoric.
>4 man huntered
>smoker pulls that will REALLY fuck you badly if you don't know the map
eg. off the building, isolated areas which require survivors to backtrack REALLY far to save their comrade, instant down state pulls
>self kill boomers lel
>No Mercy 2
Don't even use Infected skills, just claw them through the train windows. Hilarity ensues.
>bind voiceovers on every button I had
>shoot
BOOMER!
>reload
PILLS HERE!
>dat competitive L4D1 scene
>DAT FUCKING ADRENALINE PUMPING AS THE LONE SURVIVOR IN A COMPETITIVE FINALS GAME RUNNING FOR YOUR DAMN LIFE AS HUNTERS, SMOKERS AND HORDES CHASE YOU DOWN AS YOU RUN THAT LAST STRETCH AND FUCKING WIN THE ROUND
The amount of trolling in this game was so amazing if you knew how to play this game. Playing with a bunch of noob survivors was like playing with your food sadistically.

Seriously this was one of the few FPS games with a VERY unique competitive scene/gameplay. The goal is to run for your life and the game can get so chaotic especially in a high level game. It was the only game that would get to my nerves competitively. My hands were shaking man.

>>316838869
L4D2 really did the middle finger not just feeling like an expansion but they blocked so many possible awesome 25 pounce areas with invisible fucking walls. It really limited Infected strategies.
>>
>>316839326
>HUGE deal, the boycotting of it, etc.

I was amazed at how quickly that went away.

I stuck to my guns though, loved L4D and never got L4D2
>>
File: 1447229082976.jpg (30 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1447229082976.jpg
30 KB, 292x257
>>316839326
>all those boycotters playing the game day one
Reminded me of the cod boycott
>>
>>316839326
hey, it's a zombie game, how hard can it be to make a sequel? treyarch did it, deep silver did it, killing floor did it. shit, the whole level of "we don't go to ravenholm" from half-life 2 was a zombie game!
>>
I much prefer KF for multiplayer zombie killing, but l4d is a fine alternative
>>
Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTxTWMA9iew

Got it and never took it out.

>>316839437
>I'm staring at the physical DVD-rom copy as I'm typing this.

Same. Great cover. Feels good to own it physically.

>Zoey scream

Best shit.

>>316839518
>Survivor players blow up gas station, going for the small construction lift
>Me and another player purposefully catch fire for triple damage post-pounce
>Go for it
>24 damage landing on Zoey
>Incapacitated within seconds
>Other hunter gets Louis, smoker gets Francis, Bill succumbs to zombies

FUCK what a feeling. God I'm missing it right now.
>>
>>316839518
>>316839437
TAA-TUH-TUH-TAANK-TANK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o4dWjZZ_kc
>>
File: 1437811765881.png (539 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1437811765881.png
539 KB, 1024x576
>>316839518
Also forgot to add that competitive strategy was based on spontaneous decisions. One boomer splash can fuck you hard, you might have to leave squad members behind if they've been pulled far, pounced, boomered hard, you might need to haul up somewhere as you gain breath but give Infected time to respawn, might make a call where everyone needs to run really far, sprint for the finish if everyone is limping etc.

Really felt like the whole Survivor theme was incorporated well into the game especially at high level. Every high level game basically turned into a movie with plot twists, tragic deaths and harsh decisions.

Also
>No Mercy 4
>smoking the last survivor before he gets in the lift
Never gets old.
>>
File: vermintide.jpg (344 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
vermintide.jpg
344 KB, 1080x1080
>>316837560
The warhammer expansion is better
>>
Campaign was fun with friends, but it got old. Versus was dumb. L4D2 didn't feel like an improvement, though I only played it a while after it came out.
>>
>>316839772

Apples and oranges to be honest man. KF scratched that severe itch of the lack of crazy zombies ala the arcade House of the Dead n' such. Loved it.

>>316839938

If you had a good team in No Mercy 4 you could do SERIOUS damage to them before they even reach the roof and if you did that it was all over. Many people ragequitting
>>
>>316839978
Too bad the community is becoming just as shit if not shittier from the little time the game's been out.
>>
expert difficulty with friends was some intense shit
>>
>>316839326
>Valve drone in denial
L4D1 was promised support over years, with multiple campaigns as DLC and they talked about free updates like melee weapons, etc.

Instead there was one half assed campaign that to date is still the worst official campaign in the whole franchise. What followed instead after only a year was L4D2 with all the things that were promised as free DLC now at full price. And hey, they even included all the bugs from the first one!

Surely they will support the sequel now? Wrong. Two campaigns at half the length of a regular one stay the only DLC to date. And the official servers for europe can be shut down after a year because playing on modded servers is so much fun. But hey, they ported all of the campaigns of the first one! Something no one had asked for and completely killed the first game, which they still sell at the regular price of course.

Based Valve.

They literally lost interest in the franchise after the second one. Remember the planned comic books?
>>
The community made me lose faith in the votekick system.
>>
File: AA.png (108 KB, 789x549) Image search: [Google]
AA.png
108 KB, 789x549
>>316840278

I was agreeing with you?
>>
>MEMES HERE

I remember L4D videos being the bread and butter of early youtube gaming channels, along with Garry's Mod.
>>
>>316838074
>ruined by tryhard faggots

In other words, you're bad.
>>
It was tons of fun for awhile but like all valve games, updates and the absolute cancerous community ruined it.
>>
>>316839326
>a bunch of faggots on the internet talking about how they are going to boycott some shit
>HUGE deal

No, enough is fucking enough. The shit that goes on within the internet is not a HUGE deal and it never will be. Just look at this fucking shit hole that is /v/, most of the people here are fucking PKeks meanwhile most people play games consoles. The internet doesn't represent anybody other than a tiny portion of self important cockroaches that think they are the elites of the human race.
>>
Question: Why does L4D2 feel so much worse, even though it has literally all the content and more?
>>
>>316840627
Huge deal in PC multiplayer video games*

I'm gonna assume you weren't around for it, and that you're pretty depressed right now.
>>
>>316840737
Ellis.
>>
>>316839326
>the boycotting of it

You mean the one that became the laughingstock of the internet after the majority of the people in the steam group were playing the game on launch day?
>>
>>316840737
Much less ammo
>>
>>316840737
Because it was casualized by making everything take place during the day so that babbys don't get lost in the dark. Source engine looks shit lighted up though and that killed the atmosphere. It was also significantly easier.
>>
>>316840737
I'm guessing the fact that it mostly takes place in broad daylight & wide open areas has a lot to do with it.

L4D had a great claustrophobic & grim feel to it.
>>
>>316838074
I spotted the shitter! Fail to be a team player and expect to get kicked.
>>
>>316840953

Yes. That one.

>>316840923

More like Rochelle.
>>
>>316840737
No atmosphere was a big part, as well as the fact that everyone already knew the gameplay at that point so nothing felt novel.

There were also lot of little things, though, like the fact that you could no longer see your legs and slightly worse gun handing.
>>
>>316838074
More like the whole game was ruined by tryhard faggots that votekick at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>316841513
This, right fucking here.
The gamemodes are irrelevant if you can't play through them because of constant votekicks.
>>
>>316837560
L4D was godlike in it's own way.
2 was suppose to be an update and much like
>>316840278
>>316838074
these anons say is true. But Rochelle not being executive and Ellis / Nick are all shit characters. Also the fact that instead of 5 parts of one campaign they do 4 parts, where you track over double the space and get fucked over by the AI.
With your bros this game is 10/10
Random faggots pick a number lol.
>>
>>316837560
Me and my friends played it for days.
Pros
>Ultimate Couch Coop experience, crack a beer, shoot zombies with your friends
>Guns don't step on each others toes so you have reason for taking each one
>Infected balanced so you feel good no matter what you got.
Cons
>They nerfed some stuff to be more fair
>No more one shot pistol, reload for 100% accuracy
>No Mercy AC removed
>No Minigun jumps

Still a great game, waiting for the third so I can chill with friends again.
>>
Expert Death's Door with difficult custom campaigns. Play like a man.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.